Hamster, snake best friends at Tokyo zoo

martin

The Force is Strong With This One
I didn't find a forum to post curious articles, so I posted it here.

"Hamster, snake best friends at Tokyo zoo

TOKYO - Gohan and Aochan make strange bedfellows: one's a 3.5-inch dwarf hamster; the other is a yard-long rat snake.

Zookeepers at Tokyo's Mutsugoro Okoku zoo presented the hamster — whose name is a tasty rice dish in Japanese — to Aochan as a snack in October, after the snake refused to eat frozen mice.

But instead of indulging, Aochan decided to make friends with the furry rodent, according to keeper Kazuya Yamamoto. The pair have shared a cage since..."

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10903211/

Now that is totally weird. Did you read the thread "The Return of the Puppet Masters" in "Ultra-terrestrials"? I wonder if the hamster or the snake or both have a parasitic infestation that changes their behavior???

I thought about that too... it would be cool if the lizzies get some "being friendly with humans" parasite :-)

I wonder if the hamster or the snake or both have a parasitic infestation that changes their behavior???
Or maybe it's a friendship until a first "missed meal". "Meet the meat" - kind of thing :D

it would be cool if the lizzies get some "being friendly with humans" parasite
or make some "how nice to be a breakfast" parasite for humans :mad:
(sorry. A little black humor...:P)

I think it's simply a case of the hamster using a Jedi mind trick on the snake. "This is not the hamster you are looking for."

Simple, really.

=)

Wow - this is cool. Look mammals and lizards can get along!
I've seen a bunch of stuff regarding strange animal behaviours like this - a wild beer that made friends with a kitten, a monkee that had a pet chicken ... even my cats are totally bizarre, they refuse to eat red meat and poultry - cooked or raw (fish and shellfish are another story) and I gotta keep an eye on them or else they steal potatoes from the pantry ... that all started when they were babies, we left salads on the table and didn't think anything of it, and when we came back - well they snatched the salads ... kinda funny, but they beg for veggies - so well, I gotta give my cats greens. I tease them calling them bunnies trapped in kitty bodies. But I've seen a little rodent and a sparow engaged in some weird game involving a little metal what's-it - shruggs, perhaps the animal life here is making adjustments for their own reactions to the wave ...

of course mamals and lizzards can get along
just because one species of reptiles is so -flicked- up like our opressors doesnt mean that all reptiles are bad
the creation is infinite and so are possibilities

by the way I get along perfectly well with the gecko that has decided to settle in my bedrom and I am a mamal, at least I think

Back
Top Bottom