Has Anyone Noticed That The USA Just Attacked Somalia?

D

ddrive

Just checking my sanity. I think the US government has dropped all pretenses of following some rules of the US like having Congress declare war.

"They" did drop some hints however in the press.

A US Senator was quoted in a newspaper as saying the US attack in Somalia did not broaden the scope of the "war." (uhm okay)

Top of a Wall Street Journal editorial page had an unreadable article from a "professor" at a military college pontificating on the Somalia Al Quida threat.

Were the Somalians training pilots to fly airliners into skyscrapers? he did not say.

What caught my eye on the professor's editorial was that he claimed that the US was getting help from Uganda against Somalia.

Hmm the_Skunk thinks Uganda know a thing or two about hijacked planes

http://judicial-inc.biz/entebbe.htm

I think you are right, they have widened the war this week. They also attacked Iran, in the sense that a country's embassy is part of their sovereign territory, so attacking the consulate in Iraq last week is an attack on Iran that they can plausibly deny.

The whole horn of Africa thing is also scary and significant. Both the U.S./Anglo oil companies have had designs there and Israel has been messing around in East Africa as well for a long time. They may be seeing it as a cheap labor repository for their big empire.

All in all a very scary week.

Also, Congress hasn't declared a war since Pearl Harbor. Everything since then has been so unconstitutional it's not funny.

I didn't know about the embassy attack.

I believe also economy destroying US sanctions are now in place against Iran.

newsmax.com peddles financial advise, here are some snippets from a recent letter:

Title: Blair to Stay on for Possible Pre-emptive Iran Strike

"Blair’s loyalty is particularly admirable since the British parliament, if given a "free vote," would have resoundingly reflected the view of the majority of British people, in voting against the war in Iraq.

The unpopularity of what is seen by most British people as an unjustified and senseless war in Iraq, has cost Blair his premiership."

Blair to Stay on for Possible Pre-emptive Iran Strike

Prime Minister Tony Blair spent the New Year weekend in Palm Beach, Fla., where he received many handshakes and messages of goodwill, including from some of our staff!

He deserved this show of support because he more than anyone in the free world has remained loyal to America in its war on Terror. Such support has cost him dearly, perhaps even his position as prime minister.

Blair’s loyalty is particularly admirable since the British parliament, if given a "free vote," would have resoundingly reflected the view of the majority of British people, in voting against the war in Iraq.

The unpopularity of what is seen by most British people as an unjustified and senseless war in Iraq, has cost Blair his premiership.

..., one may wonder why he clings to power so tenaciously, rather than leaving quietly with accolades of his party.

We have long forecast a U.S. led and supported, but possibly Israeli fronted, pre-emptive attack against Iran’s nuclear facilities.

Depending on the military success, however, both Bush and Blair could come out smelling like roses. The next few months may tell a most interesting story. "

Wow what a great guy and we can make some money also.

When it goes down all those joe sixpacks who read newsmax will "Yep I knew it heh heh!"

What is missing is:

The threat to US?

Iran has no or no hopes of getting intercontinental ballistic missiles nor long range strategic bombers to attack USA.

A nuclear Iran balances the Lebanese killing nuclear Israelis.

Maybe they just want to sell electricity?

This Somali thing looks like securing the flanks of Greater Israel

http://tinyurl.com/ykea8v

ddrive said:
I didn't know about the embassy attack.

I believe also economy destroying US sanctions are now in place against Iran.
Hi ddrive- here is a news snippet regarding the attack...but not alot of media coverage overall...

http://www.waynemadsenreport.com/

January 12, 2007 -- U.S. violates Vienna Convention status of Iranian liaison office in Irbil, Iraq. U.S. forces take Iranian diplomats hostage.

In a major escalation of Middle East tensions, the Bush administration authorized two U.S. Special Forces operations against the Iranian liaison office in Irbil, Iraq and took six officials assigned to the diplomatic compound hostage. It was the first such attack on an Iranian diplomatic mission in the region since August 1998 when the Taliban entered the Iranian consulate in Mazar-i-Sharif, Afghanistan and executed ten Iranian diplomats and one journalist. Ironically, in their attacks on Iranian diplomatic missions, the Bush administration and Taliban have something in common -- both governments claimed the Iranians at the missions were members of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards. Iran rejected the charges leveled by both regimes.

In a scene reminiscent of the Iranian seizure of the U.S. Embassy in Tehran in 1979, the U.S. confiscated documents from the Irbil office. Computers were also seized. U.S. forces also took down the Iranian flag.

Bush orders U.S. forces to storm Iranian liaison office in Kurdistan removing its flag.

A second U.S. Special Forces raid was unsuccessfully conducted against Irbil airport but it was stopped when Kurdish Pesh Merga forces surrounded U.S. forces and threatened to open fire with their U.S.-provided weapons. U.S. forces tried to abduct additional people at the airport.

Both attacks came within hours of George W. Bush's speech in which he called for the dispatch of over 20,000 more U.S. troops to the Iraqi bloodbath and threatened military action against Iran and Syria.

Iran and Iraq said the Iranian liaison office, present in Irbil for 10 years, was in the process of being upgraded to a consulate. The Kurdish government treated the office as a working consulate. In fact, a number of countries have opened consulates in Irbil whose diplomats are accredited to the de facto independent Kurdish Regional Government, including Iran, Russia, Turkey, Britain, France, Germany, Czech Republic, and the Netherlands. The United States opened its consulate in Irbil and urged other countries to do the same. The United States then attacked and invaded the Iranian liaison office.

Meanwhile, there have been a series of bombings in the Arab majority southwest province of Khuzestan. British Special Forces and intelligence agents have carried out these attacks in conjunction with the Arab Ahwaz separatists that seek to break the oil-rich off from Iran.
the link above also mentions the attack on somalia dated Jan 12 and mentions:

This morning, the Bush administration admitted that no "Al Qaeda" suspects had been killed in US attacks on Somalia. However, Ethiopian opposition sources claim "thousands" of Somali civilians, including children, have been killed in the U.S. military campaign.
the whole debate about sending more troops to iraq is going to become moot for one reason or another osit...they are already exanding the game plan and creating an environment (perhaps also an attack on the US?) to make it yet another "imperative" to fight the "evil terrorists" in the middle east and elsewhere whether it be iraq-iran-syria-somalia etc...this train is bound for blood thirsty glory...

jax said:
http://www.waynemadsenreport.com/

the link above also mentions the attack on somalia dated Jan 12 and mentions:

This morning, the Bush administration admitted that no "Al Qaeda" suspects had been killed in US attacks on Somalia. However, Ethiopian opposition sources claim "thousands" of Somali civilians, including children, have been killed in the U.S. military campaign.
Thanks for the link. <shakes head> It is just pure extermination and intimidation.

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=4740

howdy ddrive- also the above is a thread currently going on this forum re the attack on somalia... "The US Attacks (Al-qaida in) Somalia"

ddrive said:
It is just pure extermination and intimidation
yes- "the destruction mission" if you haven't yet read Controversy of Zion by Douglas Reed I highly recommend it:

http://knud.eriksen.adr.dk/Controversybook/

there are also probably a few threads on this forum regarding the content of the book. laura has posted quite of bit of its excerpts. it is a real Eye opener to say the least. relevant- very relevant to what is currently unfolding...

Back
Top Bottom