Help on Topic Subscription

LQB

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Can anyone help or tell me why I no longer receive notices of posts to topics I have subscribed to or notices of new topics that I have set? They all indicate "enabled" but I receive no notice. And they are not appearing in any other folder that I can find.

Thanks Much

truth seeker said:
When did this start happening?
Yesterday I stopped getting any Cass notifications of new posts to any topics I subscribed to. I checked my profile and I'm still subscribed - but no email notifications. Could this be something to do with Outlook?

LQB said:
truth seeker said:
Yesterday I stopped getting any Cass notifications of new posts to any topics I subscribed to. I checked my profile and I'm still subscribed - but no email notifications. Could this be something to do with Outlook?

Hi LQB,

You are not the only one. I have the same problem too and i do not think there is a relation with Outlook but I will say that there is a relation with the forum theme problem that we had a couple of days ago.

Gandalf said:
LQB said:
truth seeker said:

Hi LQB,

You are not the only one. I have the same problem too and i do not think there is a relation with Outlook but I will say that there is a relation with the forum theme problem that we had a couple of days ago.

Hi Gandalf,

Good to hear that I'm not the only one with similar probs - but sorry you have it too. This may have been an intermittent prob in the past since there have been a number of times that I was sure that I was keeping good track of a particular thread only to find days latter that I had missed many posts. In any event, it is difficult to manually check all the threads I'm subscribed to.

Notifications

I haven't been getting any notifications of new posts over about the last 12 hrs. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Edit: Actually it looks like the last one I got was Fri 6:12 am.

Re: Notifications

Do you mean email notifications of replies to topics that you have posted in, or that no new posts are showing up when you click either Show Unread Posts or View Most Recent Posts?

Yes e-mail notifications of new posts and new topics on boards I'm subscribed to. I'm not getting anything right now (including your post). This has happened periodically, and after having a look around, I see that the latest batch started on the 24th.

Could be related to this problem here. I'll highlight it as well hopefully it will be fixed as soon as possible. :)

I use outlook to access gmail. I just went online to my gmail directly and I find some Cass notices labeled spam, so this is at least part of the prob. Apparently gmail is/was selectively classing notices from Cass as spam. I also found two e-mails from a friend with links to rad monitor sites, and these two e-mails were labeled as spam, so I never got them. Bizarre ...

Edit: By de-spamming them from my gmail online access, I just got a whole bunch in my outlook inbox.

Problem solved then. You are getting the notifications but it's just that Gmail put them all in the spam folder? Or is this still an issue? :huh:

Back
Top Bottom