Herpes: Zinc Oxide tetrapod nanoparticles (ZOTEN)

Phill4

The Living Force
Hello all, I came across an article published back in 2016, Dr. Deepak apparently discovered that with the use of a nanoparticle of zinc in tetrapodal shape it could prevent the virus of the herpes simplex type to attach to the cells, his main focus is ovular and vaginal herpes.

The general idea i got was that the tetrapodal shape of this nano particle of zinc attached to the receptors of the virus rendering it useless, and while it doesn't exactly kill the virus it does prevent its spreading and replication, aside from protecting the area.

Apparently in combination with labs in Germany they were able to create this nano particle, and from what I read it they were selling it though they cannot claim its effects and therefore cannot market it as a cure for the virus.

Here is part of the research

Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL, United States.2Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL, United States.3Institute for Materials Science, Kiel University, Kiel, Germany.
Abstract
Herpes simplex virus type-2 (HSV-2) is a common cause of genital infections throughout the world. Currently no prophylactic vaccine or therapeutic cure exists against the virus that establishes a latent infection for the life of the host. Intravaginal microbivac is a developing out-of-the-box strategy that combines instant microbicidal effects with future vaccine-like benefits. We have recently shown that our uniquely designed zinc oxide tetrapod nanoparticles (ZOTEN) show strong microbivac efficacy against HSV-2 infection in a murine model of genital infection. In our attempts to further understand the antiviral and immune bolstering effects of ZOTEN microbivac and to develop ZOTEN as a platform for future live virus vaccines, we tested a ZOTEN/HSV-2 cocktail and found that prior incubation of HSV-2 with ZOTEN inhibits the ability of the virus to infect vaginal tissue in female Balb/c mice and blocks virus shedding as judged by plaque assays. Quite interestingly, the ZOTEN-neutralized virions elicit a local immune response that is highly comparable with the HSV-2 infection alone with reduced inflammation and clinical manifestations of disease. Information provided by our study will pave the way for the further development of ZOTEN as a microbivac and a future platform for live virus vaccines.
KEYWORDS:
genital herpes; herpes simplex virus; immunotherapy; live virus vaccine; viral infection

The website of Dr. Deepak had a longer article but it seems it is not there, I will share the website here, I think this made alot of sense and plus they did show success in their experiments.

and there is a better article here: _An Intra-Vaginal Zinc Oxide Tetrapod Nanoparticles (ZOTEN) and Genital Herpesvirus Cocktail Can Provide a Novel Platform for Live Virus Vaccine

PS: I looked both here and in SOTT and didn't find this research , it would probably be great if we share this article
PS: can anyone in Germany confirm if they do sell this anywhere there, it was under the name : zincum tetrapodal.

Back
Top Bottom