Hitler - The rise of evil

birger

The Force is Strong With This One
Hi,

I just found a reference to this movie on the internet. On the back is displayed the comment by Edmund Burke: "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

It has just been released here in Denmark (11-04-2006). I have not seen it myself but it might be interesting in relation to the pathocratic takeover of a society. Maybe someone else has already seen it? If I can get a copy I will post a review.

Kind regards,
Birger

Not sure if it's the same movie, but I saw the recent Untergang/Downfall movie, and it was excellent. Bruno Ganz does an amazing job.

No, it is not the same as Untergang. This one is a TV movie.

Some say that it is not historically correct, but I have not seen it yet, so I do not know about that.

birger said:
No, it is not the same as Untergang. This one is a TV movie.

Some say that it is not historically correct, but I have not seen it yet, so I do not know about that.
Okay, thanks for the correction. I actually watched about 5 minutes of that one, but I just couldn't take an English-speaking Hitler seriously. I skipped around to different parts, but it seemed to "made-for-tv." Maybe I judged it too harshly... ;)

im just wondering,did downfall get a general cinema release in the US? or was it aimed at the film festivals?

Borderfox said:
im just wondering,did downfall get a general cinema release in the US? or was it aimed at the film festivals?
It never played in theaters here in Canada, as far as I know. I think only a few festivals showed it (like Toronto). Not sure about the US.

Borderfox said:
Well in Europe it was a huge success in the cinema. Of course there were some critics in Germany, if it is possible to have a German movie about Hitler. And some complained that it was a Swiss actor playing Hitler.

It was a massive sucess here in Ireland.So much so one of the public TV channels in Ireland RTE2 is airing the movie on sunday night.
Check it out at www.rte.ie/tv/film

hkoehli said:
Okay, thanks for the correction. I actually watched about 5 minutes of that one, but I just couldn't take an English-speaking Hitler seriously. I skipped around to different parts, but it seemed to "made-for-tv." Maybe I judged it too harshly...
Maybe you did? ;)

I watched it the other night, just the second part though, missed the first, and i was surprise to see it include the story of Fritz Gerlich. even the Bavarian mystic was mentioned by Gerlich's wife Sophie who told her husband "she gives people hope!", but in the movie Gerlich snaped back "The Nazi's give people hope!" and that was it regarding Theresa, but what can one expect? Regarding historical mainstream facts it was pretty accurate of what i understand. There's also the mention that the Nazi party was funded by American parties, but just in passing. And also how Hitler's niece was found dead in his apartment.

Unfortunately i missed Untergang, which only played for two nights in my town after it's release.

Back
Top Bottom