Homelessness

angelburst29

The Living Force
Homelessness- This is a subject that has eaten at "my Soul and Heart" for good amount of my life. I grew up in a rural area in a Farming Community on a dairy farm in the early 50's - late 60's. If the family received word that someone in the Community had suffered loss of any kind or were in need of extra help due to an emergency, those that could offer help of any kind - in any way - did so. It was an automatic response without thought of reciprocation or wanting something in exchange. Sometimes, it was the little things that meant the most, like giving moral support and friendship. Ethnic background or Religion never interfered with mindful and tangible considerations. Another human being needed help and you did what you could, within reason. Everyone was in the same boat, so to speak, trying to keep a roof over their head and food on the table.

During the 70's and 80's, there was a remarkable change in the Community. As the older folks passed away, many of the younger generation navigated to the inner cities, seeking jobs and monetary payment. Barter and established customs slowly faded away. Farms and acreage were downsized to make way for industrialization and housing projects. Money, influence and "keeping up with the Jone's" became a dominating factor. Somewhere in the mix, we lost "our Human compassion and innate responsibility towards our own race."

All of a sudden, a distinction between race, color, ethnic background, Nationality/Religion and monetary worth became dividing factors.
We no longer look upon our Human Brethren as part of our "self" or acknowledge any shared responsibility towards continued survival of our Species-as-a-whole. We have allowed a Foreign pathological Species, lacking our Soul Essence, to manipulate, control. slaughter and nearly annulinate our very own Species from the face of this planet. This scenario has played a dominating role, generation after generation for eons, to one degree or another, in subjecting our species to torture, unfathomable suffering and loss, through degradation and destruction of the very environment we rely on to survive. Food sources and the Divine Water that keeps living things, of all Species - alive - have all been intentionally altered and adulterated to cause suffering and death on a large scale. That which we were given Stewardship over, the animal and plant kingdom's, all life inhabiting our water's, land and air have suffered greatly to the point of extinction, in many cases. Nothing has been left sacred and of it's own divinity.

At this very moment, suffering, death and destruction are present over the greater part of our World, with areas in between, going through transitions of one kind or another. Only the elite fortresses have been left untouched.

Many of us fail to realize or feign in denial - that which "goes on over there - can't happen here." Yet, we're most enviably next in line. With the greater part of the World on fire, it's only a matter of time before we feel the heat and get consumed by the same fate ..... unless ..... we begin to acknowledge our own innate responsibility towards our fellow brethren, that of our own Species and work in the direction to stop the insane slaughter and bloodshed.

Homelessness and displacement is part of War but can also figure into other factors like economic or weather related. Having experienced "homelessness" at one point in my past, due to external factors beyond my control, it presents it's own perplexities. Mind set and willingness to survive - play a large factor in working through the situation and in my case, I was able to work through and out of the situation. But what about those, who have lost hope through loss of War or death or those repeatedly ignored and refused help, by the very Agencies set up for the purpose? In some incidences, certain Authority figures adding insult to injury where no crime has been commited, such as in this case (below link). And this isn't an isolated incident.

It perplexes me, that Million's of dollars have recently been allocated for illegal immigration breeching our Border's, yet fellow citizen's and Vet's have been ignored and neglected. There's more wrong with our Society then check and balances? Things have been spinning out of control and it's only a matter of time before we, ourselves, find ourselves displaced and homeless.

When do we wake-up!?

Homeless Man Tearfully Watches As Police Destroy His Shelter
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/30/homeless-man-watches-shelter-destroyed_n_5634527.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

Wednesday July 30, 2014

Sam had just one request for police about to destroy the makeshift shelter in the woods he'd built: "Can I watch?"

The video above, showing a visibly shaken Sam become teary-eyed as his home of several years crumbles to the ground, is promoting a new documentary shedding light at the current realities of homelessness in America.

"Destiny's Bridge," a project sponsored by nonprofit Fractured Atlas and produced by filmmaker Jack Ballo, focuses on homeless minister Steve Brigham, who lives in the woods of New Jersey among dozens of others in similar circumstances. According to a fundraising page for the film, Brigham dedicates his time addressing the emotional needs of other homeless people, as he believes it's the first step in assimilating them back into society.

As Ballo points out on the fundraising campaign video for "Destiny's Bridge," the documentary also focuses on two major concepts: Getting to the core of why homelessness exists in the hope of finding successful solutions, and changing U.S. laws to make it legal for poor Americans to build small, inexpensive and eco-friendly houses they can afford on minimum wage.

"There are tent cities all over the country, and they're not going away," Ballo says of the makeshift communities built outdoors and comprised of homeless people in predominantly urban and suburban areas. "We need to come up with new ideas to manage the homeless crisis and find solutions, instead of having people suffer needlessly while we're wasting taxpayers' money."

CNN reported in May that the National Law Center on Homelessness & Poverty is witnessing a rise in the tent cities Ballo speaks of -- the organization estimated that there are currently more than 100 tent cities in the U.S.

Ballo's approach to curbing homelessness with small homes is not an alien concept -- in fact, it has a proven track record in cities in Wisconsin, New York and Texas that have implemented similar strategies.

"We can check on our flowers and we can now try to live a normal life," Betty Ybarra of Madison, Wisconsin, told Reuters earlier this year of her new 99-square-foot home.

Production for "Destiny's Bridge" has been completed and the film has been shown at community screenings, but Ballo created an IndieGoGo fundraising page to pay for music licensing costs -- the final step before the film can be distributed to a larger audience. Ballo said in the campaign fundraising video that all additional funding after the $38,000 goal is met would go toward efforts to provide small-scale homes for the homeless throughout the country.

Haunting photo's of Vet's on the street (1-36)

Thank you for sharing this angelburst29. It really is shameful and saddening how far the culture has fallen into the predatory mindset of psychopaths. I am really looking forward to seeing this Destiny's Bridge film. :ohboy:

Thank you from me as well, angelburst29.

Homelessness in the U.S. is indeed a persistent and growing condition. In my area there are a handful of individuals and non-profits that offer outreach services for homeless people, including vets. Sadly, all but one charge a fee for entering their programs. The one that charges nothing at all is the one I volunteer lots of time and efforts to help and support. This particular one is for vets, and being a military veteran myself, I relate to them well. I also tremendously enjoy making efforts with the organizations' staff.

So many military people are discharged with physical, emotional and psychological issues - minor to major - and are just not in a condition to go back to an 'ordinary' life again or to maintain it when they try to, so we do all in our power to make it easy for the ones who accept our offers of help.

The saddest cases I've seen are those who live or camp under a bridge and actually refuse any help, even though they appear to be in need. We honor their choice, though, because they may know better than us how well they're up to constantly being around or close to other people in a structured setting - even when offered their own room or apartment.

It's just sad, for all the reasons you mention and more. Thanks for bringing up this issue.

Thanks also, angelburst29. It surly boggles the mind in sadness that on our arm of the Milky Way, on this ever so lush planet of possibilities, the one reality that the PTB present, what they are so skilled at creating, is endless homlessness.

whitecoast said:
Thank you for sharing this angelburst29. It really is shameful and saddening how far the culture has fallen into the predatory mindset of psychopaths. I am really looking forward to seeing this Destiny's Bridge film. :ohboy:

I think you've brought out an important point, that it's the "culture" that has fallen into a predatory mindset and the constant programming that bombards us on a daily basis - that back's it up. We have gone from close family units in working and sharing relationships - to independent "selfies." Instead of discussing problems that arise in our lives with someone in the family structure that might have "learned and experienced advice", we now advocate to a 'professional" who has to first figure out who and what we are according to some type of artificial structure ...... before they can even discuss the problem, why you're there in the first place. I'm not advocating that there isn't a need for Professional help in some cases but many smaller issues could be mitigated within a shorter time span with someone in your immediate sphere, who intimately knows family and hereditary background and possible cause and effect. In most cases, that close Family structure, no longer exists.

I would like to see Destiny's Bridge, although I know it will probably leave me emotionally drained. Too many identifying features, not only through my own experiences but through volunteer work in the past. It's like you can look into their face and just by their mannerisms, you can "feel" their thoughts and the emotional and physical toll extracted from their lives. It's hard to convey any hope that things can change, if that person has already given up on life. To me, they're the real "zombies" for their very existence is an empty shell, void of any emotion, their Spirit has been broken beyond repair. You feel no energy around them, only dread.

Buddy said:
Thank you from me as well, angelburst29.

Homelessness in the U.S. is indeed a persistent and growing condition. In my area there are a handful of individuals and non-profits that offer outreach services for homeless people, including vets. Sadly, all but one charge a fee for entering their programs. The one that charges nothing at all is the one I volunteer lots of time and efforts to help and support. This particular one is for vets, and being a military veteran myself, I relate to them well. I also tremendously enjoy making efforts with the organizations' staff.

So many military people are discharged with physical, emotional and psychological issues - minor to major - and are just not in a condition to go back to an 'ordinary' life again or to maintain it when they try to, so we do all in our power to make it easy for the ones who accept our offers of help.

The saddest cases I've seen are those who live or camp under a bridge and actually refuse any help, even though they appear to be in need. We honor their choice, though, because they may know better than us how well they're up to constantly being around or close to other people in a structured setting - even when offered their own room or apartment.

It's just sad, for all the reasons you mention and more. Thanks for bringing up this issue.

Buddy, I admire your fortitude and dedication as a volunteer. In my experience, very few former Military Veteran's volunteer to help discharged Veteran's with Post Traumatic Syndrome and other related symptoms. You mentioned, "not in a condition to go back to an 'ordinary" life again." I happened to be in an adjoining room, checking inventory stock and supplies when a former Veteran who had seen field operations in Iraq, in two tours was having a mild argument with his Doctor. I'll never forget what he said.

"Look all around you - this isn't real - it's Disneyland! You live on Fantasy Island. It's a pretend World. You want to know my problem, go back to where I have been deployed - that's the real World. They're all number's - no names - just targets! Big, tall or small, they're all numbers! If it moves, shoot it. I'm a number. You're a number - we're all just f-ing numbers in a game. You want me to go back to a normal life - what's normal?" My Wife is a number, my Son is a number, they're just another target! What if I forget where I am?"

Thank you for sharing! One night sitting in a park, an elder gentleman approached my friend and I and in Spanish he said he hadn't eaten. As we were visitors in a strange city, I understood basically what the elder was saying. He hadn't gotten any jobs to wash cars & he hadn't eaten at least for the day and he was hungry. My challenge was not giving the elder money. Funny enough, 10 minutes before the elder approached us, we were remarking on the lateness of the buffet restaurant across the street. it was after 10p.m. on a work night.

Anyway, to make a long story short, my friend said to him "Let's go" & took him across the street to the buffet and asked the restaurant to give him whatever he wanted to eat and drink. Everyone stared at the elder & my friend in disbelief. She paid the restaurant and the elder turned around & hugged her and said Thank You in English.

We could not in good conscience do nothing. We had just come from eating a 2 meal hormone free steak that we couldn't finish and this man was hungry. He was also homeless. This could be any of us in the right circumstances. 1 by 1, "The use of knowledge protects".

angelburst29 said:
I happened to be in an adjoining room, checking inventory stock and supplies when a former Veteran who had seen field operations in Iraq, in two tours was having a mild argument with his Doctor. I'll never forget what he said.

"Look all around you - this isn't real - it's Disneyland! You live on Fantasy Island. It's a pretend World. You want to know my problem, go back to where I have been deployed - that's the real World. They're all number's - no names - just targets! Big, tall or small, they're all numbers! If it moves, shoot it. I'm a number. You're a number - we're all just f-ing numbers in a game. You want me to go back to a normal life - what's normal?" My Wife is a number, my Son is a number, they're just another target! What if I forget where I am?"

Yeah, those are the words of someone who has awakened to pathological horror. I hope his doctor was sympathetic and helpful because I think that, after hearing those word, an 'ordinary' person living an 'ordinary' life would just retain a superficial experience that "he's just upset. He'll get better."

voyageur said:
Thanks also, angelburst29. It surly boggles the mind in sadness that on our arm of the Milky Way, on this ever so lush planet of possibilities, the one reality that the PTB present, what they are so skilled at creating, is endless homlessness.

My way of thinking might be screwed but my impression has always been that we were placed on this Planet for a reason and given Stewardship over this habitat, to evolve and learn within it? We're responsible towards ourselves, our Species as a whole and caretaker's of the environment around us and everything living within it. Kind of evolving - together? In that respect, we weren't programmed to destroy, where as, innate stimuli by chemical reactions would trigger appropriate responses for survival.

I kind of fancied, we were on the top step of evolvement, with the animal kingdom behind us and so forth down the line. Each had it's place and purpose and interaction would further establish growth and knowledge between the different species. We would learn from each other.

I agree, this is a lush planet of possibilities. Actually, your words ring true! Given unrestricted freedom, we could explore this World until our last breath and still not cover all the beauty and mysteries, within.

As for the PTB and it's dimensional buddies, they're unwelcomed guests, in my opinion. They're Party-crasher's that never made the list on the Engraved Invitations for planet Earth. They don't fit in (not the right vibration) and share nothing in common of interest in the Creative Principle. Not only that, they have personalities like an old door knob - cold and drab. They're lazy and boring - for they repeat themselves over and over again, with their actions, pretty much the same. They hold conversations like they're talking to a blank wall, not very constructive. And if you try to explain something to them, they just don't "get-it!" So why bother with something that doesn't bring anything new in the living arena of Earth. Best to collect them, as speciums, place them in a gated community with heavy outside security, on an isolated Island in No Man's Land and contain them until - they settle they're own arguments (reducing their numbers or fearless Leader, the Sky God tears the inter-dimensional fabric to reclaim them.)

1peacelover said:
Thank you for sharing! One night sitting in a park, an elder gentleman approached my friend and I and in Spanish he said he hadn't eaten. As we were visitors in a strange city, I understood basically what the elder was saying. He hadn't gotten any jobs to wash cars & he hadn't eaten at least for the day and he was hungry. My challenge was not giving the elder money. Funny enough, 10 minutes before the elder approached us, we were remarking on the lateness of the buffet restaurant across the street. it was after 10p.m. on a work night.

Anyway, to make a long story short, my friend said to him "Let's go" & took him across the street to the buffet and asked the restaurant to give him whatever he wanted to eat and drink. Everyone stared at the elder & my friend in disbelief. She paid the restaurant and the elder turned around & hugged her and said Thank You in English.

We could not in good conscience do nothing. We had just come from eating a 2 meal hormone free steak that we couldn't finish and this man was hungry. He was also homeless. This could be any of us in the right circumstances. 1 by 1, "The use of knowledge protects".

The success in which this situation, (in which you have describe) may have evolved, may be due to the way this individual approached you and your friend and your conscious response?

"My challenge was not giving the elder money" For lack of better words, you took the "Human to Human approach. This person wasn't an object that could be bought off by giving him a few dollar's - to get lost!? In this sense, you took the humanitarian approach to another in need, offered assistance within your means and offered "freely" without demeaning or degrading or casting judgment. In this World, that's a rare exception.

Money, as it is, does have it's place in the World in which we operate - as of now. But it isn't always the best solution to every problem. This individual approached you conveying that he was hungry. He didn't ask for money. You acted, within your means to help mitigate his hunger. No more or no less.

"Everyone stared at the elder & my friend in disbelief. She paid the restaurant and the elder turned around & hugged her and said Thank You in English." Many are called but few answer. We live in a busy World, with over loaded schedules, pursuing our objectives, rarely taking the time to stop for a moment, to see what is really going on around us. It's a dog-eat-dog treadmill and everyone wants to get on top. The more you can accumulate in cash and material things - often over rides what may be truly needed or used in basic survival. It's not wrong to "have" things or even accumulate wealth in one form or another, it's the mind set and how you conduct yourself in any given situation. The customer's in the restaurant staring in disbelief, either couldn't imagine placing themselves in that position or were embarrassed, witnessing another addressing someone in need. We tend to want to run away from problems or try not to involve ourselves in something that isn't self fulfilling and doesn't add to the bottom line. Another possibility might be the realization that many of us may not be far from the same fate and situation? Over extended Credit Cards, living from pay check to pay check and living "the high life" without accountability or hoping to play "catch up" at a later date, just to project material attainment and inflated ego's can lead to a disastrous effect.

Of course, in any situation, this one could have turned out - to be your worse nightmare! This individual could have robbed both of you and slashed you to pieces? Which unfortunately is the way most of these situations turn out. So using caution - should be first priority.

There's also another side to this situation, the individual that approached you. By description, it sounds like he casually approached you in a nonthreatening way? Unfortunately, late at night. Either way, it was a dangerous situation for all involved. This scenario seems to dominate reports in Police Records for muggings and serious crime. Surprisingly, there also seems to be an equal amount of reports of individuals approaching strangers to elicit help. I read a study that suggested Homeless Shelters open in the early evening (6-7 PM) instead 11 PM to curtail crime. When the switch was mandated and applied, there was a noticeable drop in the numbers of crimes reported between 6 - 11 PM. The problem seems to be availability of Shelter's and how many they are able to safely accommodate.
Winter poses problems with many turned away, due to filled to capacity (by Law) or non-availability. Social systems also fall short in this regard. Although funds are allocated through Gov. Grants, locations and space fail to materialize, due to sizeable amounts of the money spent on "studies." As long as the system continues to operate under these conditions, changes will be slow to materialize.

angelburst29 said:
The success in which this situation, (in which you have describe) may have evolved, may be due to the way this individual approached you and your friend and your conscious response?

1st of all, If I portray myself as a humanitarian, an environmentalist, a survivor of a NDE, etc. etc. etc.to all who's paths have intersected and I and then turn around and deny another hungry being food, how could my soul live with itself? He could have been J.C. taking a stroll in Hotel Square Monterrey. Those are the words I said before my friend took him across the street. "OK Jesus. What should we do?" He could have been my Uncle, cousin, Grandfather and if so, I would want someone to be kind to him. Although I do not think my family unit would have allowed for my Grandpa to be homeless, how do I know? Circumstances change and any of us could find ourselves in a state of disrepair and I know there are many many others under the right circumstances would help even if it was their last.

angelburst29 said:
"My challenge was not giving the elder money" For lack of better words, you took the "Human to Human approach. This person wasn't an object that could be bought off by giving him a few dollar's - to get lost!? In this sense, you took the humanitarian approach to another in need, offered assistance within your means and offered "freely" without demeaning or degrading or casting judgment. In this World, that's a rare exception.

What did humans do before the invention of money? We found other ways to exchange goods & services for goods & services. If someone was in a bad way their unit assisted them in some way. At least that is how my family unit operated at one time, so homelessness was not an option.

angelburst29 said:
"Everyone stared at the elder & my friend in disbelief. She paid the restaurant and the elder turned around & hugged her and said Thank You in English." Many are called but few answer. We live in a busy World, with over loaded schedules, pursuing our objectives, rarely taking the time to stop for a moment, to see what is really going on around us. It's a dog-eat-dog treadmill and everyone wants to get on top. The more you can accumulate in cash and material things - often over rides what may be truly needed or used in basic survival. It's not wrong to "have" things or even accumulate wealth in one form or another, it's the mind set and how you conduct yourself in any given situation. The customer's in the restaurant staring in disbelief, either couldn't imagine placing themselves in that position or were embarrassed, witnessing another addressing someone in need. We tend to want to run away from problems or try not to involve ourselves in something that isn't self fulfilling and doesn't add to the bottom line. Another possibility might be the realization that many of us may not be far from the same fate and situation? Over extended Credit Cards, living from pay check to pay check and living "the high life" without accountability or hoping to play "catch up" at a later date, just to project material attainment and inflated ego's can lead to a disastrous effect.

No judgement, only deeds.

angelburst29 said:
Of course, in any situation, this one could have turned out - to be your worse nightmare! This individual could have robbed both of you and slashed you to pieces? Which unfortunately is the way most of these situations turn out. So using caution - should be first priority.

Very true. We gave no thought to our safety because there were other people in the park. We had even wondered afterwards, why did he choose us? We were having a smoke, laughing about the days events when he approached. I walk with a 5'.5" walking staff and know how to use it, but I felt no felt no malice from the elder.

angelburst29 said:
There's also another side to this situation, the individual that approached you. By description, it sounds like he casually approached you in a nonthreatening way?

He was very humble. He didn't ask for money. My little understanding of Spanish told me he was hungry. 2ndly, the hotel security was observing the situation. Maybe to be sure we weren't being threatened. Give Thanks to the Divine Cosmic Mind for our continued protection.

angelburst29 said:
As for the PTB and it's dimensional buddies, they're unwelcomed guests, in my opinion. They're Party-crasher's that never made the list on the Engraved Invitations for planet Earth. They don't fit in (not the right vibration) and share nothing in common of interest in the Creative Principle.

My friend and I realize that we live under this oppressive and destructive regime called PTB and we are fortunate to meet people all over the world who demonstrate a different way of coping on this Global Plantation. Treating others the way one wants to be treated is not difficult if it is overstood that each of us represents a connection of the web of life. A minute fragment, but a very important one. Being able to navigate the horrors means putting on your metal hammer, not to destroy only, but also to deflect, and protect.

That's an amazing story. I often see homeless people soliciting for change, and I tend to offer them what I can, but it still feels like an internally considerate transactional interaction. I find it hard to connect with strangers sometimes and get anxious about feeling things demanded of me (even if they don't explicitly convey that attitude). Maybe another problem is that I sort of feel as if I'm white-knighting when I presume I'm going to somehow help an individual by giving them my attention. :/ I think waay too much.

Homelessness in the news.

It’s Official: Being Poor in America Has Been Outlawed
_http://www.thedailysheeple.com/its-official-being-poor-in-america-has-been-outlawed_082014

Tuesday August 5, 2014

As they say, you can always judge a society by how they treat their weakest members. So I shudder to think of how future generations will judge our society. We’ve become a nation that discards our poor like they are trash, and anyone who doesn’t “fit in” is segregated from the herd.

The police are now fining homeless folks for any arbitrary offense they can think of, and city councils across the country are making it illegal to sleep in public. They’ve gone so far as to make it illegal to camp, or even sit or lay down in certain public areas. Worst of all,
many cities are making it illegal, or prohibitively expensive to give food to the homeless. According to an interview from The Independent, with a former police chief involved in a charity dedicated to feeding the poor: The homeless are an embarrassment for the town, said Arnold Abbott, a 90-year-old former police chief from Pennsylvania and director of Love Thy Neighbor, an organization that has been feeding homeless here for over 20 years. Five times the city has tried and failed in court to stop him serving meals each Wednesday on the beach beneath the tourist strip. The town, he said, really wants the homeless to go away. “They would like to put them in a bus and send them to Miami or Palm Beach. It’s very close to ethnic cleansing. But they are not going to succeed.” Thank god there are still some people willing to do the right thing, even if it means breaking the law. In other cities, you now need a 500$ permit from the health department to give away food, or perhaps you’ll have to spend 800$ to rent the park every time you try to hand out food there. On the surface, it’s bad enough that they are making it so difficult to help out those in need, but when you take the homeless out of the equation, it starts to sound really asinine. To the city councils out there that are perpetuating these laws, are you really going to make it illegal for one consenting adult to buy a sandwich, and voluntarily give it away for free to another adult who wants it? When it’s phrased that way, doesn’t it just sound utterly contemptible and insane?

In LA, things may be about to get downright draconian. If this whistleblower is to be trusted, then the city of Los Angeles is preparing to force their homeless population into internment camps. Of course it would never be called that. They would simply be referred to as ‘low cost housing’ or maybe they’ll just call it a homeless shelter, but with the caveat that once you enter, you wouldn’t be allowed to leave. This would probably be disastrous for anyone entering the facility, as many homeless shelters are notoriously awful and dangerous places. After all, if most shelters provided a safe and healthy environment, would there really be that many people on the streets? So they’re going to make a “homeless shelter” that you’re not allowed to leave? I’m sure that place will just be a ray of sunshine won’t it? But as you’ll see next, finding alternatives to a shelter can end disastrously if you have a family.

Last month, a family in Houston had their kids taken away by CPS, when it was discovered that the family had been living in a storage unit for the past three years. The family had fallen on hard times after the father had lost his welding job, and after getting a job with maintenance at the storage facility, decided that living in a unit there would be far safer for his family than a homeless shelter. By all appearances, these are otherwise lawful and caring adults just trying to provide the best they can for their family in a difficult economy.

There were no reports of abuse, and the unit had air conditioning and two computers. While it lacked running water, if they’ve lived their for 3 years without anyone getting severely ill, then it’s safe to assume that they’re doing their “business” in a proper bathroom somewhere else. They obviously have permission from the owners of the storage facility to live there, or they would have been kicked out a long time ago. So what’s the problem? What did they do to deserve this?

They happened to be poor, that’s what they did. This is what it means to live in America now. If you fail to achieve a certain income, then you are now at the mercy of the authorities (or God knows who else on the streets). And if you really think about it, if the government is going to treat the poor like this, then there is no reason to have a government in the first place. I thought that the main reason we have a government, is because life without them would be hell. It would be a chaotic place where the weak are indiscriminately killed, or are abused and exploited by the strong. At least that’s what we’ve been told.

If the poor are being treated this way, then our modern society is just as much of a Darwinian struggle as it was for our primitive ancestors. If that’s the case, can we even call what we live under, a government? Keep in mind, I’m not asking the government to step in and help. I’m not asking for them to provide free housing or increase welfare entitlements. I’m asking them to stay out of the way. How could you make it so difficult for private citizens to help each other out?

Perhaps what I said at first was wrong. Maybe our society isn’t so bad. Future generations won’t judge us for how we treat our fellow man. Plenty of private citizens have done their part to help the homeless.

No. They’ll judge our government, for breaking up families, fining people with no money, starving them, and then throwing them into internment camps.

Hello to you,
Compassion is often putting oneself in the place of others. Or because we want to help others (STO) or whether we are afraid that suffering reaches us (STS). What compassion are we? I have no house, no apartment, and no job. We are all seekers of truth, at their respective levels. When we work, we do not have the time to seek the truth, when it does not work, we spend our time feeling guilty and looking for a way to earn money. I live with my parents for a year and it's really hard, but a great wealth working on my karma.
I have a son who lives much of the time with his mother. The mother of my son comes from a small middle class family and just received an inheritance. I told my son that he will probably not receive inheritance from me, because I have no material possessions. But I told him, I offered him a rich culture and I hope intellectual.
Why are we (Mercy, pity) homeless? An idea told me that compassion is a form of ignorance, a reflection of ourselves. Because being homeless would normally be a chance to improve, as Castaneda and Laura says with petty tyrants or it should lead us to the fourth way? Dervishes, the Fakirs, the Franciscans, the Cynics and Stoics were true they not homeless or vows of poverty?

The Authorities do more harm than good.

CPS takes custody of 6 kids living with parents in storage shed (Video)
_http://www.khou.com/story/local/2014/08/04/11502582/

Wednesday August 6, 2014

KHOU News 11

HOUSTON Parents who thought their home was safe are battling with the state over the custody of their kids, and they believe they re being punished because they re poor.

You shouldn t take our kids because we ve fallen on hard times, said Prince Leonard, a married father of six whose family resides in a northeast Houston storage shed.

The Leonards moved in three years ago after the father, an unemployed welder, was hired as a maintenance worker.

The family had already lost an apartment and believed the homeless shelter wasn t safe enough.

This is much more secure, said Charlomane Leonard. Our children can play outside here.

Recently, a passerby spotted the children outside and reported them to Child Protective Services.

A caseworker investigated, and the state took custody of the kids.

According to CPS, the children were removed because the storage shed was a dangerous living environment.

The shed, which lacks running water, is about 12 feet wide and 25 feet long.

It has an air conditioner, a refrigerator and two personal computers. The Leonards said their kids were well cared for and happy there.

Now they re fighting to have their children returned.

We just want them back where they belong, said Mr. Leonard.

Whistleblower: L.A. Planning to Forcibly House Homeless Citizens in Camps
_http://www.fromthetrenchesworldreport.com/whistleblower-l-a-planning-to-forcibly-house-homeless-citizens-in-camps/99487#more-99487

Wednesday August 6, 2014

A whistleblower who claims to work inside the Los Angeles Department of Health Services has told Infowars that L.A. officials are planning to forcibly remove homeless people from the streets later this summer and house them in facilities which they will not be permitted to leave.

The source, an office clerk within the LADHS, said that during a policy meeting on the morning of June 18th last month, his supervisor announced that the Los Angeles County Dept. of Health Services had struck a deal with the government to open up “low cost housing” facilities for homeless people, otherwise known as “FEMA camps.” The source said that his supervisor ordered staff not to use the term “FEMA camps.”

The program is focused around removing or relocating homeless people from the streets of downtown L.A., starting with Skid Row.

“We will approach them on the street asking if they need or want help usually offering food to get their direct attention, if they come into the office it makes our jobs twice as efficient,” said the supervisor. “In most cases the decision is already made for them unless they become combative or belligerent in which case we send them in for a 72 hour psych evaluation and then transfer them while under sedation or heavy medication to the “facility.”

The supervisor stressed that the program would be “humane,” that it would help clean up the streets, and that the citizens being processed into the housing units would receive medical treatment, an RFID chip, room and board, but that “they cannot leave.” The supervisor elaborated that the facility was not a prison, but that its population would be kept there “for their own health and safety.”

The whistleblower points to a page on the Department of Health Services official website which details how “roving teams” will help “provide short-term housing with health oversight to homeless DHS patients who are recovering from an acute illness or injury or have conditions that would be exacerbated by living on the street or in shelters.”

The post also mentions “a 38 bed recuperative care site in South LA” which will be opened “this summer” to cater for the homeless.

The notion of forcing homeless people off the streets into detention facilities is not a conspiracy theory and has already been taking place across the United States. Los Angeles is already making moves to force charities for the homeless off the streets as part of plans for the “gentrification” of entire areas.

Last year, the city of Colombia, South Carolina voted to make homelessness a crime, creating police patrols which gave homeless people the choice of either forcibly entering a shelter on the edge of town or being sent to jail.

More than 50 cities all over the nation have also made feeding the homeless a crime, while in places like Camden, N.J., authorities are bulldozing entire tent cities.

Back
Top Bottom