Horowitz Lyme-MSIDS questionnaire

aragorn

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Here's an online version of Dr. Horowitz' Lyme-MSIDS questionnaire (MSIDS stands for Multiple Systemic Infectious Diseases Syndrome). Just fill in the answers and it will count your score:

http://www.karlmcmanusfoundation.org.au/limesurvey/index.php/881742/lang/en/newtest/Y

My score was 38, which was surprisingly high. As the results indicate (not conclusive, of course), I might have a tick-borne disorder.

You scored 38.

With a score between 21 and 45, you possibly have a tick-borne disorder and should see a health-care provider for further evaluation.

#
f you scored 46 or more, you have a high probability of a tick-borne disorder and should see a health- care provider for further evaluation.
If you scored between 21 and 45, you possibly have a tick-borne disorder and should see a health- care provider for further evaluation.
If you scored under 21, you are not likely to have a tick-borne disorder.

Interpreting the Results Dr. Richard Horowitz says:

"We see a high frequency of Section 1 symptoms in our patients, including fatigue, joint and muscle pain that often migrates, sleep disorders, as well as memory and concentration problems, and a high frequency of Section 3 symptoms, especially neuropathic pain that comes and goes and migrates (tingling, numbness, burning, etc.). These form a cluster of presenting symptoms that are characteristic of those with a high probability of having Lyme-MSIDS.

In one recent study conducted in our office of 100 consecutive patients, we found that more than 25 percent reported that the following symptoms were present most or all of the time in the month preceding their office visit. Many of these patients reported that these symptoms affected their quality of life: 71 percent reported that their physical health was not good and 47 percent reported that their mental health was not good on at least fifteen days in the previous month."

You can also find the Q as an PDF, here:

http://lymeontario.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Horowitz-Questionnaire.pdf

Thanks Aragorn.

My score was 22 and it said the same thing for me:

We see a high frequency of Section 1 symptoms in our patients, including fatigue, joint and muscle pain that often migrates, sleep disorders, as well as memory and concentration problems, and a high frequency of Section 3 symptoms, especially neuropathic pain that comes and goes and migrates (tingling, numbness, burning, etc.). These form a cluster of presenting symptoms that are characteristic of those with a high probability of having Lyme-MSIDS.

In one recent study conducted in our office of 100 consecutive patients, we found that more than 25 percent reported that the following symptoms were present most or all of the time in the month preceding their office visit. Many of these patients reported that these symptoms affected their quality of life: 71 percent reported that their physical health was not good and 47 percent reported that their mental health was not good on at least fifteen days in the previous month.

Keyhole said:
Thanks Aragorn.

We see a high frequency of Section 1 symptoms in our patients, including fatigue, joint and muscle pain that often migrates, sleep disorders, as well as memory and concentration problems, and a high frequency of Section 3 symptoms, especially neuropathic pain that comes and goes and migrates (tingling, numbness, burning, etc.). These form a cluster of presenting symptoms that are characteristic of those with a high probability of having Lyme-MSIDS.

In one recent study conducted in our office of 100 consecutive patients, we found that more than 25 percent reported that the following symptoms were present most or all of the time in the month preceding their office visit. Many of these patients reported that these symptoms affected their quality of life: 71 percent reported that their physical health was not good and 47 percent reported that their mental health was not good on at least fifteen days in the previous month.

I think that those paragraphs show up whatever your score is, so it's just additional information.

Aragorn said:
My score was 38, which was surprisingly high. As the results indicate (not conclusive, of course), I might have a tick-borne disorder.

I think that it indicates, rather, a whole range of possible infections, not necessarily a tick-borne one. That is, bacterial, parasitical, etc. as discussed in this thread.

My score was 45.

EDIT: fixed quote boxes

I got 78! :shock: Actually, no surprise there. I'm not sure that I was even bitten by a tick, never saw any, but I'm fairly sure I've got some bacterial/parasitical/amoeba-type critters in me.

Keyhole said:
Thanks Aragorn.

Same here, got 25. Not high but still with a chance of having a tick-borne disorder.

With a score between 21 and 45, you possibly have a tick-borne disorder and should see a health-care provider for further evaluation.

I scored 59 on the test, but i think most of it has to do with my very, very poor diet as of late. What would the Dr do? test for the antibodies?

My score was 52. No sign of tick bite, but i think i have chronic autoimmune problems showing up as bronchitis, etc. thanks for the test, Aragorn.

NewMexicoArt said:
My score was 52. No sign of tick bite, but i think i have chronic autoimmune problems showing up as bronchitis, etc. thanks for the test, Aragorn.

As far as tick bites are concerned, one can be bitten and not / never be aware of it:

Victims of tick bites are often unaware, as the parasites inject painkilling agents called kininases in their saliva.

Sometimes people are surprised to find a tick (or ticks) attached to them after a walk in nature, because they didn't feel the bite at all.

What would the Dr do? test for the antibodies?

Apparently, there are a lot of false negatives, so it seems testing is not a 100% reliable method:

What many people do not know is that when you are tested for Lyme disease through a hospital or commercial lab throughout the country, there is a 2-step process (most doctors do not tell this to their patients). First, the lab will perform the Lyme enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) to screen for Lyme disease. If you test positive on the ELISA test, they will then perform the Western Blot test. Now, why this 2-step process is so flawed is that the ELISA blood test is known to miss 50% of the cases due to the assay’s lack of sensitivity and variability with antibiotic treatment. So, if you don’t test positive on the ELISA, then they will not perform the Western Blot test. But it gets better! The Western Blot test itself is flawed as well:

_http://mylymediseasetreatment.com/lyme-disease-general/why-all-the-false-negative-test-results-in-lyme-disease-testing/

Back
Top Bottom