Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT): General information and discussion of Home Units

Since most conditions call for about 60 sessions over a period of three months, if any of you are interested in a group purchase, you should probably limit the group to four people. Then, each person can have the unit for 3 months at a time, then transport it to the next person, and so on. Unless, of course, you live near enough to share time with it more directly. I would think this might be a good investment for many groups. And if there are other group members nearby who cannot afford to contribute to the purchase, to include them in using it also.

I had my 13th session today. I'm still feeling tired and sleepy for most of the day and I got some sinus pain again.

I saw the doctor at the clinic yesterday for an assessment and I was positively impressed because he seems to have a good approach to medicine, a more holistic one, that views the person as a whole and not just some particular disease with which the person is diagnosed. He even talked about the role of inflammation in diseases like cancer and autoimmune conditions or the so called 'idiopathic' conditions, so that was good.

He seems to agree with doing more sessions but he's just careful to monitor all the people who go in because he wants to make sure that it is helping and not the opposite. So, in my case, because I mentioned feeling tired and sleepy for most of the day after the sessions, he recommended to take a break after 15 sessions and then continue with some more sessions, just to give the body a little time to metabolize. He said that usually that tiredness should go away after the 6th of 7th session but if I still feel it, it means that I probably really need the therapy, yes, but that I also need to take it easy and give my body the proper time to metabolize and start healing. It sounds reasonable.

I'll finish my 15 sessions this week, take a week off, and then go see him again to continue.

I have similar reactions to the HBOT. I am hoping that the upregulating of mtDNA will happen soon!

I got a discount and can get it at6300,I asked the company if they can do a better discount if the purchase isgrouped. The employee said it will be difficult because of inflation but will ask his boss anyway. He wants to know how many people first. You can answer me here or by mp.

All setup and working perfectly. To summarise for anyone considering a Zoy-Tech chamber, the costs were USD 4,360 with express(air) shipping ( via DDP i.e. sea-freight is approx 4,175 and includes custom duties too). With express, we had to pay custom duties (approx. AUD 360) on top via an easy link sent to my mobile via fedex. No dramas with AU customs. So, not a bad choice considering how expensive these things are when purchased locally.

The service from the supplier is also exceptional. They respond quickly to answer any questions etc. Our Oxygen generator didn’t work and they worked with me to diagnose the issue by sending instructions and schematics. One of the electrical connections had become loose due to being knocked around in transit. No dramas there and the unit works perfectly. The heavier weight of the unit (when compared to the Macy-Pan) is due to the steel framing which is quite sturdy. The chamber itself is very light and can be lugged around easily. The Oxygen generator is all-in-one with air compressor built-in and sits on wheels which is handy.

My wife and I have done 2 sessions as of today and its too early to tell of any substantial benefits. My sinus did feel a little unblocked last night although the body felt achy and tired. We will make sure to take vit-c before and after. I will share the progress as we go. I have not quite been 100% as was forced to take vax shots so, keen to heal the body and resolve some lingering health issues from childhood. This thing could be a god-send.

Some pictures, sorry haven’t got any from the inside.

27BDF21C-FB78-465A-8A9D-5BBA5B06E93A.jpeg7F1008EC-3A77-491F-89F0-698411D77710.jpeg
A603D6E5-14C8-4F70-8FC8-01CB59D1DBCF.jpeg

The pressure gauge reached 0.4 bar. Am I right in saying that's around 1.4 ata??
You're right. The gauge displays relative pressure (relative to the atmospheric pressure: 1 ata/bar), which in your case is about 0.4 ata/bar. It means the absolute pressure is equal to the relative pressure (0.4 ata) plus the atmospheric pressure (1 ata) ,which is equal to 1.4 ata/bar.

Last edited:
So I took the plunge today, after being on the fence for a while, and purchased a Macy-Pan 702 model. Responsive service so far, I'm sure it will work out just fine.

On Thursday, we together with another couple also placed an order for the Macy-Pan 702 model and are looking forward to its arrival. The price was similar to what others have mentioned and on request they included a couple of extra oxygen masks, as I thought it might be handy to have spares. Very good service and prompt responses to queries. It should arrive the week after next via DHL.
One of the reasons for going with Macy-Pan over Zoy was the weight issue as we will have to shift it around quite a bit and up and down stairs.
Thank you for all the sharing of experiences on this thread as it has helped us to decide and also how to go about initial issues like equalising the air pressure in the ears etc.

One can forget that. It is extremely expensive, only richissime people can afford them. 600€ per day!! It's not a plastic chamber like the one some forumers bought, it's a professional chamber, like the one Yas showed us. In fact, they provide (sell or rent) it for clinics, hospitals, or research centers, not for individuals.

But, here is a tip. In our country, we have the social security (CPAM), to which we contribute since we were 18 yo, even if we were students without any income. So, it's normal that today you benefit from it. Your CPAM will pay for HBOT sessions if it is indicated (officially) i.e. if you have a medical receipt. So, you can try to get a receipt from your doctor and go to the center the less far from your home.
Here is a pdf where you can see, page 13, the official indications, and the french towns (also in overseas territories) :

Let me know if you think your doctor won't give you the receipt (if you're not eligible).

I had another idea: the company who sells it (it's a plastic chamber, like the Macy-pan or the Zoy's, but french made product) to 7000€. What if I ask them for a discount if we can do a bulk purchase (achat groupé)? How many people will be interested? (also in other european countries, I think delivery will not be a problem for them).
Thanks for the answer Nature, I found another website to rent but it costs 2500 euros for a month and a half, it is not reasonable either. I would like my doctor to give me a prescription to do some sessions but if I ask him, he might ask me "You don't need it, you are in good shape" so I'm not sure that it works either unless I have a doctor in my pocket ^^

Spent hours reading this whole thread (and related articles and videos), but still a bit confused.

Being in the USA seems to be the worst. Can't get more than a 1.3 ATA home unit due to FDA regulations, and the nearest clinic to me offering "off-label" treatments charges $300-$400/session (though it is high-pressure, 100% oxygen).

I think I've gathered that there are still benefits to the 1.3 ATA unit, and even without the oxygen concentrator, am I right?

Spent hours reading this whole thread (and related articles and videos), but still a bit confused.

Being in the USA seems to be the worst. Can't get more than a 1.3 ATA home unit due to FDA regulations, and the nearest clinic to me offering "off-label" treatments charges $300-$400/session (though it is high-pressure, 100% oxygen).

I think I've gathered that there are still benefits to the 1.3 ATA unit, and even without the oxygen concentrator, am I right?
I have spoken to two clinicians using HBOT to treat people for a broad range of conditions. They both attested to 1.3ATA working as well and sometimes better (for brain injuries) than higher pressures. The old belief that more is better is not correct. Pressure effects treatment time required, and it’s the pressure that is the essential treatment mechanism, rather than the concentration of oxygen that is being breathed in. That’s what I was told.
I can’t give you references as I have not looked for them myself yet, but there are two websites that disseminate research and information on HBOT based in the USA. I gave these in the word doc I posted summarising the interview conducted by Dr Mercola recorded on YouTube.
Perhaps the info from those organisations would be worthwhile examining to answer you questions.

I got a discount and can get it at6300,I asked the company if they can do a better discount if the purchase isgrouped. The employee said it will be difficult because of inflation but will ask his boss anyway. He wants to know how many people first. You can answer me here or by mp.
Thank you nature, I think the grouping purchase is our best option. I am healthy, so I doubt my doctor will me give a prescription for such a costly treatment. Are you a doctor nature? You said in a previous post you could help.

Yikes! I thought the prices in my area were terrible, with one place quoting $140 per and another at $105 per session!

Thank you nature, I think the grouping purchase is our best option. I am healthy, so I doubt my doctor will me give a prescription for such a costly treatment. Are you a doctor nature? You said in a previous post you could help.
Yes, I can arrange a receipt. I stopped working since that madness but I can ask a collegue for the receipt in case you would want to do sessions in a university hospital (that's why I shared the pdf with the list). In that case you won't pay the sessions, you'll just pay the travel expenses to go there every day for each session.

If you prefer to buy it, the french manufacturer agrees to do an extra discount, so it will be less than6.300 (delivery fees included) instead of 7000.

Back
Top Bottom