Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT): General information and discussion of Home Units

yeah, i think scuba tanks would be much easier to set the flow and you could use any low flow rate concentrator given the appropriate compressor(and fill it to 200 bar or something)

in the clinic I'm going they use these tanks, the mask has a spring to set the tension on the inlet's check valve, it's simple but works

i got the book recommended here too will start reading

do you include the 15-30min de/pressurization period on O2 intervals?

a couple times i did a mix of circular breathing/E.E in there it was very relaxing
It takes about 5 minutes to pressurize. and I do a count down using my phone clock, of 5 minutes to depressurize.
I don't do any pressurizing or depressurizing during the O2 levels (high oxygen to room air oxygen and vice-versa)

Yikes. Well I can see that the three sillies story fits my 'thinking' well.
I will try and be more cautious with videos like this in future, more so with thinking errors like this.
I can see in retrospect I was unsure, and it's probably better to ask for other opinion if I am unsure.

Hopefully the HBOT itself will partly help with this? Unsure, but hopeful.

HBOT will do wonders for you. But you will need a LOT of sessions.

I tried the mask with the bag this morning (dive 97), and did not think it was a good idea.

I paid close attention to it and it seems I emptied the bag with each inhale and when I exhaled, it filled the bag! That means, my used air was filling the bag and I was breathing that over and over again with some added oxygen (perhaps?).

When I used my favored mask, every time I inhale, I'm pretty sure I get a load of the mostly pure oxygen because I'm sucking in all of that PLUS some ambient air that comes in around the mask. Thing is, that ambient air is fresh and has a small oxygen concentration (I believe it was said to be about 25%) which makes it a vast improvement over re-breathing my own used air.

So, nope, newfangled is not always better IMO. I'll stick with my old mask. I'm getting a lot of good oxygen and it has already been reported that benefits come even without the oxygen concentrator/mask. The already increased oxygen (due to pressure) plus breathing from the concentrator is more than sufficient. Absolute efficiency, even to the extent of using tanks of pure oxygen, simply does not seem to be necessary nor advisable. Oxygen toxicity has been mentioned.

Sometimes good enough is enough and more is not necessarily better.

I tried the mask with the bag this morning (dive 97), and did not think it was a good idea.

I paid close attention to it and it seems I emptied the bag with each inhale and when I exhaled, it filled the bag! That means, my used air was filling the bag and I was breathing that over and over again with some added oxygen (perhaps?).

When I used my favored mask, every time I inhale, I'm pretty sure I get a load of the mostly pure oxygen because I'm sucking in all of that PLUS some ambient air that comes in around the mask. Thing is, that ambient air is fresh and has a small oxygen concentration (I believe it was said to be about 25%) which makes it a vast improvement over re-breathing my own used air.

So, nope, newfangled is not always better IMO. I'll stick with my old mask. I'm getting a lot of good oxygen and it has already been reported that benefits come even without the oxygen concentrator/mask. The already increased oxygen (due to pressure) plus breathing from the concentrator is more than sufficient. Absolute efficiency, even to the extent of using tanks of pure oxygen, simply does not seem to be necessary nor advisable. Oxygen toxicity has been mentioned.

Thank you for confirming my suspicions. In the spa i used headset that goes in the nostrils and it seemed just fine.

I put our HBOT together yesterday and after dry testing it last night had the first session (1 hour) today. All went well with no ear problems or otherwise. The instructions for putting it together could be better, especially how the frame is meant to look at the end, but it works and that is the main thing. Will report back later on after some more sessions.
Right now I am going to make a list of all the different small ailments that I have, so as to have a starting point to compare with later.

Well, scratch what I wrote above. I've just been given advanced level instruction in why and how I am wrong on this topic. I am reluctantly convinced, but I'll be trying it again tomorrow. Pierre will explain and attempt to do damage control against my blatant misinformation. Sorry.

We just discussed this and the new mask does not allow rebreathing of exhaled air because no air is exhaled back into the bag, in fact, it's designed to specifically prevent this. It's a pretty simple concept: the pure oxygen is pumped only into the bag, the valve at the top of the bag is anti-return, i.e. you can only pull the oxygen out, not breathe your breath air in.

In addition, the two valves on the mask itself are also anti-return, but in the opposite direction, i.e. you can only breathe your inhaled air out through the vents, NOT pull ambient air in to the mask. Basically, these masks, if worn properly and secured around the face, mean you will only breathe the oxygen from the concentrator.

Quite a while ago when in the HBOT, I tested to see if the air coming from the oxygen concentrator was sufficient for breathing by putting the end of the tube (no mask) into my mouth and only breathing what the concentrator provided, after a few breaths it wasn't really enough, for me at least. I was also aware that, while using the mask, I was drawing ambient air around the sides to supplement that from the concentrator.

So basically, it seems that the flow from the concentrator provided with the HBOT by the Macey Pan company, which while under pressure is about 6 liters per minute, isn't really sufficient alone.

The question then is whether or not breathing pure oxygen is necessary for optimal effects from the HBOT, or if a mix, of maybe 70-80% oxygen (concentrator plus the oxygen in the ambient air combined) is sufficient.

We just discussed this and the new mask does not allow rebreathing of exhaled air because no air is exhaled back into the bag, in fact, it's designed to specifically prevent this. It's a pretty simple concept: the pure oxygen is pumped only into the bag, the valve at the top of the bag is anti-return, i.e. you can only pull the oxygen out, not breathe your breath air in.

In addition, the two valves on the mask itself are also anti-return, but in the opposite direction, i.e. you can only breathe your inhaled air out through the vents, NOT pull ambient air in to the mask. Basically, these masks, if worn properly and secured around the face, mean you will only breathe the oxygen from the concentrator.

Quite a while ago when in the HBOT, I tested to see if the air coming from the oxygen concentrator was sufficient for breathing by putting the end of the tube (no mask) into my mouth and only breathing what the concentrator provided, after a few breaths it wasn't really enough, for me at least. I was also aware that, while using the mask, I was drawing ambient air around the sides to supplement that from the concentrator.

So basically, it seems that the flow from the concentrator provided with the HBOT by the Macey Pan company, which while under pressure is about 6 liters per minute, isn't really sufficient alone.

The question then is whether or not breathing pure oxygen is necessary for optimal effects from the HBOT, or if a mix, of maybe 70-80% oxygen (concentrator plus the oxygen in the ambient air combined) is sufficient.
idk this mask but the idea of a bag being filled through the bottom and emptied through the top sounds strange as carbon monoxide is heavier than oxygen you'd be pulling some of that no? just a wild guess

theorically 6L/min should be enough as you're only inhaling for half the time, gotta check if hose volume allows for that extra "dead air"

otherwise if your valve allows let it open a bit to create "positive pressure" and fill the mask space while you're exhaling

I think that’s the way to look at it. Clinically diagnose what increased oxygen levels do and go from there instead of chasing the 100% oxygen inhalation. Here’s some information about the process.

On a very basic level, depriving the body of oxygen will cause cancer, shifting cells toward using sugar as opposed to oxygen for energy. The science is out there.

In the book Bioenergetics by Albert Szent Gyorgyi, he explains how pharmaceutical drugs most likely interact in the body, one thing being the suppression or enhancement of producing biophotons. There’s lots of information on oxygen in there too and it’s role in that process.

Right now I am going to make a list of all the different small ailments that I have, so as to have a starting point to compare with later.

Not a bad idea Aeneas as I find out in the last couple of days. A few years back I had this pain in my left elbow for maybe a year or so and only when using the marine plasma hypertonic I finally got it to go away. Well it came back Sunday and got worse yesterday to the point it was a few years ago. I went to the healt store and bought some hypertonic plasma this morning and hope that it will help again.

So far I got 17 hrs done at 1.5 ata in the chamber. This is the first symptom that I got from the therapy so far. I know that others member reported joints ache so I assume that it come from the therapy. I fractured this elbow about 20 years ago so it may be the reason that I developed pain later. As for the mask, I use a non-re breathable mask and for me it work well. The oxygen intake in the mask is positioned right under my nostrils and it flow right in when breathing. My unit come with a 10 liter per minute oxygen flow but, I can adjust it from 0 to 10 liter and after testing, it is set at 7 liters per minute as it is more then enough for me or my wife. I do normal breathing and the bag will refill after each breath even at that setting. I event press the mask softly before a breath so as to fill the mask with oxygen and the take the oxygen in. Setting it to a lower oxygen flow doesn't change the level of the oxygen concentration, it is still 98%, it just lower the production level.

Here is a picture of my oxygen gauge and knob to adjust it. You can see that it is set at 7 liters per minute.

oxygene gauge.jpg

A few years back I had this pain in my left elbow for maybe a year or so and only when using the marine plasma hypertonic I finally got it to go away.
Funny, you should mention that, as I have had that problem for the last 2 years. If the HBOT will not change it, I will definately try the plasma hypertonic. In my case, I suspect that it is arthritic in nature due to slightly malformed arms, making my arms less straight.

i am prone to ostheoarthritis and began running this month + walking 5-10km most days and got knee pain, it went away after 5-6th session could be coincidence
I'm also supplementing vitamin k2 mk7 which definitely helps

just finished session 8, mofos forgot to warn me that this one was @ 2.4ata but i took the mask off 2x at least

I have only had positive interactions with Zoy-Tech. One that is lacking, however, is good instructions as to how to setup the system. I inadvertently changed some setting so I went a couple of times back and forth with their support without success. Then their engineering department got into the question and the settings god fixed right away. The system has been working without problems since. The wheels on the oxygen concentrator could be attached more firmly but they work fine.

I had just ordered a 15 l/min oxygen concentrator and today I got a message from ZoyTech saying that they don't recommend that high oxygen flow rate as it would increase the oxygen concentration in the chamber to 30% which they consider a fire hazard. So I will go for the 10 l/min oxygen concentrator in stead. I consider it to be better than 5 l/min and then the process will just take a little longer.

Back
Top Bottom