Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT): General information and discussion of Home Units

have a look at this one. Its approx. 4200 USD with express delivery. Both Liam and I have ordered it and waiting delivery.
From what I can see then it appears as if the Zoy HBOT goes to 1.3 atm. pressure, whereas the Macy-Pan goes to 1.5. That is what is says on the description on the web pages.
A question to the Chateau, did you buy anything extra or just the Macy-Pan as it is described?

@Aeneas, the Zoy-tech one is also a 1.5 ata in the actual order. Exact description from my order below.
ZOY Hyperbolic Sleep Chamber 1.5ata High Pressure Oxygen Hyperbaric Camera Hyperbaric Treatment
Color:Blue
Edit: I should add that the unit comes with an air-cooler and a headset-type contraption for direct delivery of O2 into the nose. It differs from the Macy-Pan as they are providing an Oxygen mask instead. I don't think it would matter much.

Last edited:
A question to the Chateau, did you buy anything extra or just the Macy-Pan as it is described?
I think we added the optional A/C unit, which is actually simply an air dryer. Not sure it is very useful.

headset-type contraption for direct delivery of O2 into the nose. It differs from the Macy-Pan as they are providing an Oxygen mask instead.
The Macy-pan comes with two kinds of contraptions: the masks (X2) and the headset (X1)

There is one difference between the two machine, and I wonder why.
The Zoy tech one indicate a power suply of 550W and the Mancy Pan is 1100W.
I am chatting with Mancy Pan and they say that Zoy tech was doing plastic stuff before and that it has only one year experience with manufacturing of hyperbaric chamber.
We know that if a product is put into the market without the test of time, it is bound to cause all sorts of problems later. Not to mention complex and specialized machines like hyperbaric chambers

@sid do you know if the one you ordered is 1.3 or 1.5 ATA? Apparently it can be difficult to get the 1.5 through customs in Australia and they get confiscated? @Mariama, have a look at this one. Its approx. 4200 USD with express delivery. Both Liam and I have ordered it and waiting delivery.
It’s much cheaper than the Macy Pan. I got quoted $12000 for a 1.3 with MP.

From what I can see then it appears as if the Zoy HBOT goes to 1.3 atm. pressure, whereas the Macy-Pan goes to 1.5. That is what is says on the description on the web pages.
Goes to 1.3 or 1.5ata. I ordered the 1.5
I am chatting with Mancy Pan and they say that Zoy tech was doing plastic stuff before and that it has only one year experience with manufacturing of hyperbaric chamber.

Zoy tech are in the oxygen business many years, mainly focusing on oxygen generator plants. They are making the chambers for two years now. The oxygen generation with air compressor that comes with the zoy chamber is their patent. The chamber is made out of thermoplastic polyurethane a very durable material.

Goes to 1.3 or 1.5ata. I ordered the 1.5
Thank you for clarifying.

I am not sure I would rely too much on what Macy-Pan says about the competitor for exactly the reason that they are competitors in a growing market.

Going only from the specs they both give, then the weight of the chambers varies considerably. The Macy-Pan capsule weights 12kg, whereas the Zoy capsule weights 36kg.
In our situation space is a big problem (small flats) and having to transport it between us and up and down 4 flights of stairs makes the lighter option seem better even if it is more expensive. Something that we have to take into consideration.

I’ve ended up going with the Macy Pan. It is considerably more expensive than Zoy in AUD but it’s lighter to move and we will be using it in a therapy room where we also do a range of other modalities so I like the idea of being able to rearrange the room.
In Australia I wasn’t able to buy direct from Macy Pan. I tried 3 times but they kept referring me to their rep. Apparently they have had issues with customs so they prefer the rep to deal with it.
In any case he is very passionate and knowledgeable about HBOT so I like the idea of having someone to call on and he offers a 3 year warranty.
I’ve paid $12000 AUD for a 1.3 and have a TBI client who is keen to give it a go so I’ll keep ya’ll posted. I sold a load of crypto and was looking to put the $ somewhere so why not join in on the new experiment.
My idea is to offer it to some of our clients who want to take part in our in house study and record their results before adding it on as a paid service.
From what I’m reading the 1.3 will be good as an adjunct to our infrared sauna, ice bath and movement therapy services.

That's great, you should definitely try it out and report back. It's next to impossible to get anything in Canada for a decent price.
I've contacted a number of companies that have been suggested on this thread to see if they can ship to Canada. With so much red tape, let's wait and see what the companies have to say. I contacted one clinic and each session will be between $195-230 and no group discounts (ouch!) But another place is offering as low as $59 per session. Although it's at least an hour drive away and it's the soft shell kind so I'm assuming it only goes as high as 1.3 ATA. Although for one person at 40 sessions that's still $2400. For three people, that'll be a whopping $7500! If we can purchase a decent enough unit then at least more people who are interested can come for sessions.

@Pierre Do not forget to take a picture from inside. I wonder if you'll have enough light to read a book during sessions ?
Here are pictures from the inside of the chamber. First the bottom of the chamber:

IMG_20220517_125538.jpg

Then the top:

IMG_20220517_125631.jpg

And finally the gauge and the decompression valve, on the right hand side of the chamber. The gauge reads about 50 kPa i.e. 0.5 bar/ATM (relative) i.e. 1.5 bar/ATM (absolute):

IMG_20220517_130523.jpg

People suffering from ear pain during compression or decompression phase might consider trying nose drops with Naphazoline. Doctors at my local HBOT clinic offer these ones to patients and I tried it once which made compression/decompression much more smooth, though my ears tolerate it well anyway.

Back
Top Bottom