Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT): General information and discussion of Home Units

I just have a question regarding when to do it in my daily routine. Usually I will go to the gym and lift weights, then I'll do a hot yoga class and finish with some recovery cold baths/sauna. Would it be OK to do the hyperbaric oxygen treatment at the end after everything else? Would it matter exactly when I go in?

I just have a question regarding when to do it in my daily routine. Usually I will go to the gym and lift weights, then I'll do a hot yoga class and finish with some recovery cold baths/sauna. Would it be OK to do the hyperbaric oxygen treatment at the end after everything else? Would it matter exactly when I go in?

Depending on energy level, I sometimes do a workout before the HBOT. Its nice to get in the chamber and relax, use the oxygen for recovery and repair.

Thank you all for so much specific information on HBOT. It is such a big support for being well prepared.

I would also like to add that perhaps you can consult with them on slowly raising the pressure until you feel your ears become used to the pressure, added with the advice given by Laura on how to keep the ears clear. If it becomes to much you can always ask them to lower the pressure since it should be possible in such practices that the one overseeing the session has direct contact with the patient through some form of headset.

And thank you, Bo for this advice. Last week I had my first session. One ear got really painful. Remembering what you wrote, I asked the practitioner (who had a headset) to slowly raise the pressure, while doing the Valsalva maneuver several times. Then my ear adopted smoothly without any pain. Altogether it was a very strengthening experience and I hope to buy a chamber in the soon.
Again, thank you all.

Thank you all for so much specific information on HBOT. It is such a big support for being well prepared.

And thank you, Bo for this advice. Last week I had my first session. One ear got really painful. Remembering what you wrote, I asked the practitioner (who had a headset) to slowly raise the pressure, while doing the Valsalva maneuver several times. Then my ear adopted smoothly without any pain. Altogether it was a very strengthening experience and I hope to buy a chamber in the soon.
Again, thank you all.

On my second session, the pressurizing and de-pressurizing was amazingly easy, in comparison to the first time. Hopefully it is the same for you, and the HBOT actually helps open up the pathways.

Carl
On my second session, the pressurizing and de-pressurizing was amazingly easy, in comparison to the first time. Hopefully it is the same for you, and the HBOT actually helps open up the pathways.
Good to know, thank you. To be able to do pressure control on my own, will be one of the necessary functions of my home chamber.

Can you or any of you advice me, which of the home chambers, do have a regulator inside, where you can control the pressure from 0 to 1.5 ATA?

Can you or any of you advice me, which of the home chambers, do have a regulator inside, where you can control the pressure from 0 to 1.5 ATA?
On the Macy-Pan there is a pressure relief valve that you can open and close from inside and from outside. The normal way to use it if you are alone is to close it before entering the chamber. You make something like a whole turn to close it. You then enter the chamber and close it. The chamber will inflate and then the pressure will start to build up. It will stay at 1.5 ATA because of another valve, an automatic pressure relief valve.

At the end of the session you turn the valve so that the pressure can go down. If you turn it just a little it takes more time to relieve the pressure.

So, for your purpose, I think you can close the valve completely. Wait until the pressure is too unconfortable and turn the valve just a little bit so that the pressure stop building up. However it is possible that the pressure will then start to decrease. The solution would then be to open the valve, close it, open it, close it, etc.

Goerman_
So, for your purpose, I think you can close the valve completely. Wait until the pressure is too unconfortable and turn the valve just a little bit so that the pressure stop building up. However it is possible that the pressure will then start to decrease. The solution would then be to open the valve, close it, open it, close it, etc.

Thank you, Goermon_ .I am checking If I understand you well. Do you suggest to try it or have you been using this open/close option during increase and decrease? I ask because you write "it is possible" that the pressure then will start to decrease. Could you please clarify?

A little uptade after the 26th session.

My initial enthusiasm began to wane. I sweat all the time, a LOT, especially in the underarm area and I feel that my energy level is much lower now. Sometimes after the HBOT session I lay on my bed like a couch potato. It all started somewhere after the 12th session. As to my seasonal allergy everything went fine and it's over for this moment.

Thank you, Goermon_ .I am checking If I understand you well. Do you suggest to try it or have you been using this open/close option during increase and decrease? I ask because you write "it is possible" that the pressure then will start to decrease. Could you please clarify?
I didn't test it before.
On my today's session I did a little test:
Valve closed as usually, letting the pressure go up to 110 ATA, at this point I did open the valve a bit and the pressure stabilized. End of the test. Closed the valve and let the pressure go up as usually.

I can do a more elaborate test if you want. Just let me know more precisely what your goal is.

34th session today, decided starting from yesterday im now doing 1hr 30 min in the morning and 1hr in the evening. Will do the two a day until I hit 60 sessions, over all feeling good. Fatigue isn't to bad seems to be less once I hit 30 sessions and above. ❤

My initial enthusiasm began to wane. I sweat all the time, a LOT, especially in the underarm area and I feel that my energy level is much lower now. Sometimes after the HBOT session I lay on my bed like a couch potato
From the Cs sessions it can take a while before tangible results appear. I guess it takes patience. If it can help, you're not alone to experience fatigue, several people at home, including me, experience a long lasting tiredness.

Sweating might be one of the signs that you are detoxing. A team of researchers in Canada found that sweat contains more toxin than urine.

The pressure relief valve is a knob you can turn. The range is analog, as you can control how big the hole is. When you get in, this valve is closed as to let air pressure build up in the chamber.
  1. Flow rate air in > flow rate air out: chamber pressure decreases.
  2. Flow rate air in < flow rate air out: chamber pressure increases.
  3. Flow rate air in = flow rate air out: chamber pressure is steady.
The flow rate air in is constant, as there's no dial on the machines that control it. The flow rate air out however is relative to how large of a hole you make via the pressure relief valve.

@Goemon_ mentioned the automatic pressure relief valves at the other end of the Macy-pan chamber. There are two, and they are calibrated to not let the pressure be above 1.5 ATA (for this model), and will adjust the flow rate of the air going out to be the same as the flow rate of air going in (see 3), keeping the pressure at 1.5 ATA. I'd imagine you can do the same thing for something like 1.2 ATA, by adjusting the size of the pressure relief valve hole to maintain a pressure equilibrium in the chamber at 1.2 ATA. This would probably take some finagling to get the right sized air out opening.

A little uptade after the 26th session.

My initial enthusiasm began to wane. I sweat all the time, a LOT, especially in the underarm area and I feel that my energy level is much lower now. Sometimes after the HBOT session I lay on my bed like a couch potato. It all started somewhere after the 12th session. As to my seasonal allergy everything went fine and it's over for this moment.

Ditto. Very sweaty first couple of sessions and I'm barely keeping my eyes open at work. I now use a few icepacks under my knees to keep the sweatiness down as I found it to be really uncomfortable in the tight space. As to the tiredness, well they say it will pass, and heck, I could use a lot more sleep :)

The pressure relief valve is a knob you can turn. The range is analog, as you can control how big the hole is. When you get in, this valve is closed as to let air pressure build up in the chamber.
  1. Flow rate air in > flow rate air out: chamber pressure decreases.
  2. Flow rate air in < flow rate air out: chamber pressure increases.
The flow rate air in is constant, as there's no dial on the machines that control it. The flow rate air out however is relative to how large of a hole you make via the pressure relief valve.

@Goemon_ mentioned the automatic pressure relief valves at the other end of the Macy-pan chamber. There are two, and they are calibrated to not let the pressure be above 1.5 ATA (for this model), and will adjust the flow rate of the air going out to be the same as the flow rate of air going in (see 3), keeping the pressure at 1.5 ATA. I'd imagine you can do the same thing for something like 1.2 ATA, by adjusting the size of the pressure relief valve hole to maintain a pressure equilibrium in the chamber at 1.2 ATA. This would probably take some finagling to get the right sized air out opening.

Ah sorry, I made a mistake.

It should be:
  1. Flow rate air in > flow rate air out: chamber pressure increases.
  2. Flow rate air in < flow rate air out: chamber pressure decreases.

Back
Top Bottom