Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT): General information and discussion of Home Units

And that got me to thinking. What I think is this: Shai Efrati's protocol for upping the ante on about everything involves creating this paradoxical hypoxia state. Well, it seems to me that in order to do that, you have to be getting almost pure oxygen for a specified period and then, remove the mask for a few minutes, then back to the oxygen. In a one hour session, you would do this once; in a 90 minute session, you can do it twice.
Efrati’s protocol is a linear system and the human body just doesn’t function that way. Why would the body wish to be constantly fluctuating between the hypoxic/hyperoxic state at the cellular level? It’s nuts…. I read his paper, he doesn’t talk about photon transfer inside the body or through DNA which is how your machine communicates in real time.

Molecular biology just doesn’t work. There’s quantum processes happening and those are the real mechanisms of regulation inside the human body. We might be able to glean some insights into those quantum processes from some of the research they’ve done, however I’d be very very wary of any of the conclusions derived from allopathic medicine.

The analogy is the guy who discovers the bacteria with magnetic receptors and then tries to fit them into the framework of Darwinian Evolution. It’s like the C’s talk about with crystallizing on the wrong foundation, STS forces in every walk of life make us crystallize on the wrong foundation if we let them. Molecular biology is wrong, the body works on a quantum level.

Another analogy would be that life behaves differently than non life. For instance, as soon as someone’s soul leaves the body it returns to entropy. Before that it’s a closed system operating within certain parameters. Quantum vs Thermodynamic.

Efrati’s protocol is a linear system and the human body just doesn’t function that way. Why would the body wish to be constantly fluctuating between the hypoxic/hyperoxic state at the cellular level? It’s nuts…. I read his paper, he doesn’t talk about photon transfer inside the body or through DNA which is how your machine communicates in real time.

Molecular biology just doesn’t work. There’s quantum processes happening and those are the real mechanisms of regulation inside the human body. We might be able to glean some insights into those quantum processes from some of the research they’ve done, however I’d be very very wary of any of the conclusions derived from allopathic medicine.

The analogy is the guy who discovers the bacteria with magnetic receptors and then tries to fit them into the framework of Darwinian Evolution. It’s like the C’s talk about with crystallizing on the wrong foundation, STS forces in every walk of life make us crystallize on the wrong foundation if we let them. Molecular biology is wrong, the body works on a quantum level.

Another analogy would be that life behaves differently than non life. For instance, as soon as someone’s soul leaves the body it returns to entropy. Before that it’s a closed system operating within certain parameters. Quantum vs Thermodynamic.

All that is fine and good, but I'm just going by what Efrati discovered and documented in his treatment protocols. I agree with you that whatever is going on in the body, the body knows what to fix first. The issue is to trigger the fixing mode for those who clearly are in a state of decline and non-fixing.

Since you don't appear to have any confidence in his work, what, exactly, in practical terms, are you suggesting?

All that is fine and good, but I'm just going by what Efrati discovered and documented in his treatment protocols. I agree with you that whatever is going on in the body, the body knows what to fix first. The issue is to trigger the fixing mode for those who clearly are in a state of decline and non-fixing.

Since you don't appear to have any confidence in his work, what, exactly, in practical terms, are you suggesting?
I’m suggesting that the fundamental mechanisms that he’s talking about are wrong. Of course healing will occur with extra oxygen, but it’s not from the mechanism he’s describing, some sort of shifting between hypoxic/hyperoxic conditions.

If the ancients were able to heal with light and sound then the science of that is quantum and that’s explained in the two books I mentioned, the one being Complimentarity in Biology by James Isaacs or the other called An Advanced Treatise in Quantum Biology.

There’s no need to “trigger” anything. It will simply happen with extra oxygen. That’s how the biological machine works. Maybe think of it as STS would certainly like to trigger all our machines, whereas STO simply want to understand how our machines work and optimize that.

Of course everyone should continue oxygen therapy because it’s effective. The mechanism isn’t the hypoxic/hyperoxic effect that Efrati describes. Efrati’s results are good but his conclusions are all garbage because his framework is allopathic medicine. I’m suggesting that reading about the quantum nature of biology and the functions of the human body will yield more insight toward other healing mechanisms that can compliment HBOT like sound, light or homeopathic treatments.

Not a bad idea Aeneas as I find out in the last couple of days. A few years back I had this pain in my left elbow for maybe a year or so and only when using the marine plasma hypertonic I finally got it to go away. Well it came back Sunday and got worse yesterday to the point it was a few years ago. I went to the healt store and bought some hypertonic plasma this morning and hope that it will help again.

A up-date on my elbow, I bought the hypertonic marine plasma on Tuesday, the elbow was extra sensible when lightly touching it at the time now, it is almost back to normal.

I agree with you that whatever is going on in the body, the body knows what to fix first.

Now that you say it Laura it seem that way to me as well. The elbow is the only fractured bone that I ever had and the first reaction came from that area. One of the properties of water plasma is development and maintenance of bones and it as magnesium in it. Maybe the HBOT was activating repair in my elbow and I was deficient in magnesium and by taking the plasma it find the ingredient to properly heal the bone. I’m speculating here as I have no way to know if the plasma helped or if I had continued just with the HBOT get the same result. Did they work together to help heal my elbow as fast or was it pure coincidence. I don’t know but I ‘m glade it is now almost back to normal.

I’m suggesting that the fundamental mechanisms that he’s talking about are wrong. Of course healing will occur with extra oxygen, but it’s not from the mechanism he’s describing, some sort of shifting between hypoxic/hyperoxic conditions.

If the ancients were able to heal with light and sound then the science of that is quantum and that’s explained in the two books I mentioned, the one being Complimentarity in Biology by James Isaacs or the other called An Advanced Treatise in Quantum Biology.

There’s no need to “trigger” anything. It will simply happen with extra oxygen. That’s how the biological machine works. Maybe think of it as STS would certainly like to trigger all our machines, whereas STO simply want to understand how our machines work and optimize that.

Of course everyone should continue oxygen therapy because it’s effective. The mechanism isn’t the hypoxic/hyperoxic effect that Efrati describes. Efrati’s results are good but his conclusions are all garbage because his framework is allopathic medicine. I’m suggesting that reading about the quantum nature of biology and the functions of the human body will yield more insight toward other healing mechanisms that can compliment HBOT like sound, light or homeopathic treatments.

the fluctuation prolly functions to trigger gene expression, for example the HIF gene
if that's good is also a paradox imho as too much HIF can be counter-productive

but then you could say that the pressurization/depressurization itself is a fluctuation and taking the mask off is like taming it's peak

A up-date on my elbow, I bought the hypertonic marine plasma on Tuesday, the elbow was extra sensible when lightly touching it at the time now, it is almost back to normal.

Now that you say it Laura it seem that way to me as well. The elbow is the only fractured bone that I ever had and the first reaction came from that area. One of the properties of water plasma is development and maintenance of bones and it as magnesium in it. Maybe the HBOT was activating repair in my elbow and I was deficient in magnesium and by taking the plasma it find the ingredient to properly heal the bone. I’m speculating here as I have no way to know if the plasma helped or if I had continued just with the HBOT get the same result. Did they work together to help heal my elbow as fast or was it pure coincidence. I don’t know but I ‘m glade it is now almost back to normal.
In principle I agree with you but I think Efrati protocol is good to work with at this stage. We can always ad visualisations or even chanting while doing the dive and let the magic happen.

In principle I agree with you but I think Efrati protocol is good to work with at this stage. We can always ad visualisations or even chanting while doing the dive and let the magic happen.

Absolutely the protocole is one more practice that show great promise but I still use other therapy, infrared sauna, diet, breathing technique etc… should I stop using them? Hypertonic plasma water was discussed some time ago on the forum and I use it occasionally because of the result I had with it concerning my elbow. I was about to stop using the chamber as the pain was rising but after the second day using the water I saw a improvement. it seemed to me that I was just using knowledge in using both therapy simultaneously.

Efrati says, IIRC, that he discovered that it's possible to trigger hypoxic responses in a non-hypoxic environment by being in an oxygen rich environment (mask on) and then going to a more normal level of oxygen (mask off). The falling of the O2 concentration in the blood that results from going from a high oxygen rich environment (mask on) to a lower concentration of oxygen (mask off) simulates being in an oxygen deprived environment which the body responds to in some way which boosts the healing potential of the additional oxygen provided by putting the oxygen mask back on after having taken it off for a short time.

This, in a way, is very similar to autohemotherapy where one simulates an injury in order to trigger an adaptive healing response without having to actually injure oneself.

What his research is telling him is that as therapeutic as HBOT is on it's own, it becomes even more beneficial when one triggers the hypoxic response during the process. He's not saying or suggesting that the hypoxic/hyperoxic detection mechanisms or systems are what heals people. Merely that they can be activated for added benefits.

I don't understand where you're getting the idea that he thinks it's the shift between hypoxic/hyperoxic blood levels that heals people. I've not heard or read him say or write that and I agree that claiming such makes no sense. Is there some place in particular that you can point to where he says this?

There’s no need to “trigger” anything. It will simply happen with extra oxygen. That’s how the biological machine works.

I think you're misunderstanding what Efrati discovered and has said about his protocol.

Of course everyone should continue oxygen therapy because it’s effective. The mechanism isn’t the hypoxic/hyperoxic effect that Efrati describes.

So far as I'm aware Efrati has only ever said that he's found HBOT to be more effective after triggering the hypoxic responses during treatments. Not that the hypoxic/hyperoxic triggering is the healing mechanism.

If someone can point to some video or paper where he says something different, I'd be happy to update my understanding.

Efrati’s results are good but his conclusions are all garbage because his framework is allopathic medicine.

I think you're just misunderstanding him.

Last edited:
Efrati says, IIRC, that he discovered that it's possible to trigger hypoxic responses in a non-hypoxic environment by being in an oxygen rich environment (mask on) and then going to a more normal level of oxygen (mask off). The falling of the O2 concentration in the blood that results from going from a high oxygen rich environment (mask on) to a lower concentration of oxygen (mask off) simulates being in an oxygen deprived environment which the body responds to in some way which boosts the healing potential of the additional oxygen provided by putting the oxygen mask back on after having taken it off for a short time.

This, in a way, is very similar to autohemotherapy where one simulates an injury in order to trigger an adaptive healing response without having to actually injure oneself.

What his research is telling him is that as therapeutic as HBOT is on it's own, it becomes even more beneficial when one triggers the hypoxic response during the process. He's not saying or suggesting that the hypoxic/hyperoxic detection mechanisms or systems are what heals people. Merely that they can be activated for added benefits.

I don't understand where you're getting the idea that he thinks it's the shift between hypoxic/hyperoxic blood levels that heals people. I've not heard or read him say or write that and I agree that claiming such makes no sense. Is there some place in particular that you can point to where he says this?

I think you're misunderstanding what Efrati discovered and has said about his protocol.

So far as I'm aware Efrati has only ever said that he's found HBOT to be more effective after triggering the hypoxic responses during treatments. Not that the hypoxic/hyperoxic triggering is the healing mechanism.

If someone can point to some video or paper where he says something different, I'd be happy to update my understanding.

I think you're just misunderstanding him.
My understanding, and I may not understand it all, is that there is an hyperoxic/hypoxic effect between being in the HBOT and being out of it. I think of it as similar to weight-lifting. You get an effect (send a signal to the body) when you lift weights, but the beneficial result happens when you stop lifting weights and the body increase muscle mass, etc. in response to that signal.
For example, getting tired after HBOT is your bodies response to the HBOT (extra oxygen). We may nor understand what is happening at the quantum level, or even really at the bio-medical level, but observation of the benefits, as observed from weightlifting for example in my analogy, is good enough for me.
There may in fact be not enough of a difference between wearing or not wearing tha mask on our environment as we don't have 100% oxygen. One could always smoke cigarettes' with the mask off :-Dbut that is unsafe I'd say. I may try Patrick Mckeown breathing techniques to increase CO2 to get that hyperoxic/hypoxic effect, as CO2 increase is a body signal that oxygen is low. I have heard that Efrati says not to experiment with breathing, although I am not sure why. Does anyone know why we shouldn't experiment with breathing, or certain types of breathing? Maybe it is in the thread here, I'll have to search.

My understanding, and I may not understand it all, is that there is an hyperoxic/hypoxic effect between being in the HBOT and being out of it. I think of it as similar to weight-lifting. You get an effect (send a signal to the body) when you lift weights, but the beneficial result happens when you stop lifting weights and the body increase muscle mass, etc. in response to that signal.
For example, getting tired after HBOT is your bodies response to the HBOT (extra oxygen). We may nor understand what is happening at the quantum level, or even really at the bio-medical level, but observation of the benefits, as observed from weightlifting for example in my analogy, is good enough for me.
There may in fact be not enough of a difference between wearing or not wearing tha mask on our environment as we don't have 100% oxygen. One could always smoke cigarettes' with the mask off :-Dbut that is unsafe I'd say. I may try Patrick Mckeown breathing techniques to increase CO2 to get that hyperoxic/hypoxic effect, as CO2 increase is a body signal that oxygen is low. I have heard that Efrati says not to experiment with breathing, although I am not sure why. Does anyone know why we shouldn't experiment with breathing, or certain types of breathing? Maybe it is in the thread here, I'll have to search.
You’ll end up giving yourself hypercapnia by intentionally retaining carbon dioxide, then if you continue your body will metabolically adapt and you’ll live in a degraded state…. If you want to free dive though, breathing exercises like he mentioned above will get you clued into the early signs of hypercapnia, essentially so you don’t injure yourself.

Absolutely the protocole is one more practice that show great promise but I still use other therapy, infrared sauna, diet, breathing technique etc… should I stop using them? Hypertonic plasma water was discussed some time ago on the forum and I use it occasionally because of the result I had with it concerning my elbow. I was about to stop using the chamber as the pain was rising but after the second day using the water I saw a improvement. it seemed to me that I was just using knowledge in using both therapy simultaneously.
Sorry i was going to reply to this post but somehow i quoted you - i blame it on my mobile:

Apologies for the confusion.

Sounds like high altitude therapy.

Two weeks in the mountains can change your blood for months​

When Lauren Earthman signed up for a research project studying the effects of altitude on the human body, she thought she knew what to expect. It would be tough, but Earthman—a freshman at the University of Oregon in Eugene—was a competitive 1500-meter runner, after all. Then, she climbed out of the oxygen-equipped bus that had carried her to an elevation of 5260 meters in the Bolivian Andes. She felt OK—until she had to walk up a set of stairs. Suddenly, even that simple action, she says, was "immensely more difficult" than what she was expecting.

A few weeks later, however, Earthman was speeding up a 3.2-kilometer hill with 20 other young participants in a study, called AltitudeOmics, that has now produced a dozen publications. The most recent finding: Even short exposures to high elevation can unleash a complex cascade of changes within red blood cells that make it easier for them to cope with low-oxygen conditions. What's more, these changes persist for weeks and possibly months, even after descending to lower elevations. That finding may be a boon for medical researchers and also for hikers, skiers, and distance runners who don't have time for extended altitude training.

Scientists have long known that the body adjusts to the oxygen-deprived conditions of high altitudes. At 5260 meters, close to the level of the Mount Everest Base Camp in Nepal, the atmosphere holds 53% as much oxygen as the air at sea level, making it harder to breathe—and to exercise. The traditional explanation has been that low-oxygen conditions cause the body to build new red blood cells, making it easier to supply oxygen to muscles and vital organs. "That's been the story for 50 years," says Robert Roach, lead investigator and director of the Altitude Research Center at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora.

But mountaineers, backpackers, and other high-country weekend warriors have long known that this story might not be quite right. It takes weeks to produce new red blood cells, and even ordinary people can adapt within days. Now, the new study—the first to look closely at the blood of people trekking up and down mountains—has found that the body begins adapting to elevation as soon as overnight.

That's where people like Earthman enter the story. To find out precisely what happens to the body at altitude, Roach's team sent her and the other volunteers to a camp near the summit of the top of Bolivia's 5421-meter Mount Chacaltaya, once the site of the world's highest ski resort. After the first day, Earthman and her colleagues were feeling better. And after 2 weeks, they could finally complete their 3.2-kilometer climb, though Earthman doesn't dignify the hike as "running." "[It] was the hardest thing I have ever done," she says.

The volunteers then left the mountains for 1 to 2 weeks, after which they went back up. Intriguingly, their bodies seemed to remember their prior experience at altitude, allowing them to fare much better than they had on their first trip up the mountain. In fact, they could still manage to get up the 3.2-kilometer hill—something that had been a problem for many of them at the start of their first visit, says Angelo D'Alessandro, a biochemist also at the Altitude Research Center.

When scientists examined the oxygen-carrying proteins, known as hemoglobin, in volunteers' red blood cells, they found multiple changes affecting how tightly it hung onto its oxygen load. Roach says a simplistic analogy is comparing this to what happens when baseball players loosen their grip on a mitt. "If I relax my hand, it will let go of the ball," he says. Such changes had been observed before in the lab, but never in humans, and never at high altitude, the team reports this month in the Journal of Proteome Research. The scientists also found that the metabolic processes producing these changes were considerably more complex than suspected. And because red blood cells live for about 120 days, the changes last as long as the cells do.

That last finding tracks anecdotal evidence from veterans of the U.S. Army's 10th Mountain Division, who earned fame in Italy during World War II. Years ago, some of these veterans had told Roach that their bodies had seemed to retain adaptations from repeated trips to high elevation—a finding that tracks the experience of backpackers who return weekend after weekend to the high country.

Other scientists are impressed. D'Alessandro's findings "should provide new insights into altitude adaptation," says Peter Ratcliffe, a medical researcher at the University of Oxford in the United Kingdom who studies how cells react to low oxygen in cancer, heart disease, stroke, and anemia. Low oxygen is also a problem when trauma—from car accidents to gunshot wounds—causes blood loss. Finding ways to kick the blood's oxygen-carrying capacity into high gear in such an emergency, D'Alessandro says, could save lives in both the civilian sector and on the battlefield.

But the potential benefits aren't just for people suffering from such trauma. One in four tourists to the U.S. state of Colorado, for example, gets altitude sickness each year, costing the state about $300 million in lost revenue, Roach says. Understanding how the body adapts to altitude could lead to better medications for these tourists. It could also lead to better preparations for another brand of travelers—astronauts. If scientists can figure out how animals like bears, bats, and mice survive the low-oxygen effects of hibernation, D'Allesandro says, it could lay the groundwork for human journeys to not just the mountains—but maybe to Mars.

And the above could be connected with the substance called 2,3-BPG which makes oxygen more easily released from hemoglobin in the tissues.

I think it is irresponsible to discard an idea or a discovery simply because it emerges from allopathic medical practice. One thing we know allopaths are is very good mechanics. I doubt that just "letting the oxygen do its work" would help very much with a compound fracture.

I agree that the oxygen will do the work, but I also think we would be irresponsible to not take advantage of a noted mechanism for enhancing the process.

I think it is irresponsible to discard an idea or a discovery simply because it emerges from allopathic medical practice. One thing we know allopaths are is very good mechanics. I doubt that just "letting the oxygen do its work" would help very much with a compound fracture.

I agree that the oxygen will do the work, but I also think we would be irresponsible to not take advantage of a noted mechanism for enhancing the process.
Efrati didn’t discover anything, his protocol is the exact same thing that the US Navy has used since they launched a diving program. I didn’t necessarily discard the idea, just recognized that he repackaged lots of information that was already known and I agree that no idea should be discarded without analysis, it is irresponsible to do that.

Oxygen will actually heal a compound fracture, if you believe this guy’s story. The mechanism, and this is my guess, is probably the dissolved oxygen as opposed to the hemoglobin. That dissolved oxygen gets into tighter spaces in the body.

Robert Becker in his book, The Body Electric also was able to heal a very difficult compound fracture, though I don’t remember his method but safe to say it wasn’t adapted by allopathic medicine.

I also agree Allopathic practitioners are good mechanics, however considering the body’s quantum nature when it comes to reactions inside the cell walls, you can’t get down to understanding the design of the body with that method, or working with that design.

Back
Top Bottom