Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT): General information and discussion of Home Units

Today was my 6th session. I do it now once a week, this I can handle.
My brain is always so full of energy! I don't know what will be the result of that - just a case of wait and see, I guess!

I talked to the woman I had in mind about installing a chamber and renting it for a cheaper price than usual. It would also be good for her husband, I guess because he suffers from strokes.
As I know her sooner or later she will do it.
Decided not to rent a chamber. Too big and too noisy for my apartment. Neighbors would not like it - - - - But still trying to find an opportunity for doing this a whole week or so . . . I really am curious what my brain would do .. .

I had to interrupt my HBO sessions for a week because I got a little sick. Yesterday I attended my 11th session again (1.7 atm, 96% oxygen). And after it, I noticed that my vision (which has been stable at 2.5 to -3 for a long time) subjectively decreases after the procedure. I have to squint my eyes to see the usual numbers on the clock or data on instruments. As far as I have noticed, after a break, the vision comes back to normal and is as usual.

I disregarded old studies and most recent one does confirm myopic shift but this seems negligible comparing to all benefits of HBOT
Those with similar symptoms - please share, how quickly does it go away for you? Thank you for the links. I hadn't seen and didn't know there were studies like this. What I could find in the Russian-language segment of the Internet - does not mention possible myopia. On the contrary, it recommends HBO for the treatment of partial optic atrophy and other diseases.

I had to interrupt my HBO sessions for a week because I got a little sick. Yesterday I attended my 11th session again (1.7 atm, 96% oxygen). And after it, I noticed that my vision (which has been stable at 2.5 to -3 for a long time) subjectively decreases after the procedure. I have to squint my eyes to see the usual numbers on the clock or data on instruments. As far as I have noticed, after a break, the vision comes back to normal and is as usual.

Those with similar symptoms - please share, how quickly does it go away for you? Thank you for the links. I hadn't seen and didn't know there were studies like this. What I could find in the Russian-language segment of the Internet - does not mention possible myopia. On the contrary, it recommends HBO for the treatment of partial optic atrophy and other diseases.
There isn’t a lot data available about myopia. I think it’s negligible side effect and more of a concern with pressure above 2.0 ATA
As for the cataracts I think people who are prone to cataracts will get them anyhow eventually- HBOT just speeds up the process- and this can be corrected with lense replacement surgery.
At least this is how I reasoned it.

Tried to find more about when HHP is induced and on risks with oxygen therapy, found this: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/342456597_The_Hyperoxic-Hypoxic_Paradox

I just speed read the article because I'm tired and having a bad day, and it is simply over my head. Though, I found some good diagrams and this at the end:

4.6. Oxygen Toxicity

Although oxygen therapy is considered to be safe, like other active ingredients or drugs, at high dosage, it can be harmful and result in oxygen toxicity. Prolonged exposure to high oxygen pressure with a prolonged imbalance between ROS to scavengers can lead to membrane lipid peroxidation and enzyme inhibition and modulations, most commonly seen in the central nervous system (CNS),
that lead to alterations in neuronal metabolism and its related electrical activity [120]. As was first suggested in 1878, breathing hyperbaric oxygen can culminate in grand mal seizures [121]. Another organ that is relatively sensitive to oxygen toxicity is the lung. Pulmonary oxygen toxicity can be manifested by chest tightness, cough, and a reversible decline of pulmonary function [122].

Both CNS and pulmonary toxicity depend upon the partial pressure of oxygen and the duration of exposure [123]. Accordingly, the new HBOT protocol used today includes repeated daily sessions limited to 60–90 min with oxygen partial pressure not exceeding 2.4 ATA, as well as air brakes every 20–30 min. Using those new protocols, HBOT is considered to be safe, while both pulmonary and oxygen toxicity are very rare [124–126]. In a recent analysis of 62,614 hyperbaric sessions, the overall incidence of seizures during hyperbaric sessions was 0.011% (1:8, 945 sessions) [124,125]. In addition, in patients without chronic lung diseases, the currently used HBOT protocols do not cause any pulmonary toxicity or changes in pulmonary functions following 60 repeated exposures.[126].

5. Summary

As in Albert Einstein’s “theory of relativity” that explains the basic physical aspects of our cosmos, relatively can also be found in the micro‐cosmos, i.e., the microenvironmental interpretation at the cellular level. As summarized in Figure 3, most of the cellular cascades initiated by hypoxia can be induced by intermittent hyperoxia, the so‐called “hyperoxic‐hypoxic paradox”. HIF, VEGF, SIRT, mitochondrial biogenesis, and stem cell proliferation and migration could all be induced by “biological fooling” the cells with certain protocols of repeated intermittent hyperoxia. Even though the exact dose response‐curve has yet to be discovered in clinical practice, certain HBOT protocols have already demonstrated induction of damaged tissue regeneration.

That’s why that book An Advanced Treatise in Quantum Biology is fascinating to me.
Here is a presentation video of the First treatise on Quantum Biology and Subspace. It addresses the following topics:

- Entanglement
- Uncertainty principle
- Origin of quantum physics (photons quanta)
- The Big Bang
- Living creatures are quantum phenomena
- Absence of entropy in life
- Fractals
- Synaptic transmissions
- Toxicity of synthetic molecules
- Unified Field Theory
- The brain

What i would like to know is - did people who now did over 30 sessions experienced significant increase in the energy level and wellbeing or reversal of their chronic issues like arthritis for example.
I would say: energy level back to normal starting around session 65. Better than normal since session 76.

Today was my 78th session, second with non-rebreather mask, continuing mask on - off - on, min.: 30 - 5 - 25.

I have few varicose veins: no improvment to be seen.

Back and joint pains: small improvement.

Did my 20th session/hour today.
Things have certainly been changing, although hard to say what exactly. It almost feels like layers being stripped away.
A couple of times now I've noticed that something kind of 'snaps' then relaxes at different regions in my body. After which my body as a whole feels noticeably lighter/less tense.
My best guess is something is happening with fascia - but it's just a guess.

A significant change of the last few days (we'll see if it sticks?) is my handwriting. It is now about half the size and much neater. Looking in my diary it changed from one day to the next. Too early to know if this is permanent, but it was surprising to me - I've never written like this before.
Focus and clarity of thought seems to have improved a bit - very subjective.

Mostly I doze through sessions (although I do take an air break) and this seems to produce the best results for me so far.

so you are doing 20/5 ratio?
I run the main compressor for 70 minutes, due to the 10 minute inflation time. The aim is to get a full 60 minutes at pressure.
I put on the oxygen cannula as soon as the pressure starts to build (as soon as you can feel it in your ears), have a 10 minute break in the middle, and take it off as soon as I start to release the pressure.
So roughly 30/10/30.

What i would like to know is - did people who now did over 30 sessions experienced significant increase in the energy level and wellbeing or reversal of their chronic issues like arthritis for example.

I am 65 sessions now; pressure is 1.5 ATA; timeline is 20 min/5 min intervals, with 10 min oxygen at the end. I have generally been doing 5 days on, then weekends off. I recently started using a re-breather mask, I think around session 60.

I can say that I have fairly successfully overcome a real intense state of fatigue, which began in February. I am no longer having somewhat random neuro-muscular spasms, which were quite common for me for the last year and a half. My energy is better, although some days are downers, both in terms of physical energy and mood.

The downer days are perhaps due to traumatically damaged/unoxygenated regions of the brain coming online again, bringing to light certain difficult memories that were buffered, as described in Shai Efrati's video about emotional trauma.

Overall, I feel a lot better about life!

Yesterday I had my 7th session (1,3 bar). This time I did at the beginning for about 10-15 minutes pipe breaths. This was good! Unfortunately I have to sit on a chair, I say unfortunately, because my body wanted to do some movements, moving legs and shivering from time to time and also my arms started to get in motion.
This does not happen when I do not pipe breath. They said they would the chamber and it would be bigger so that I can lay down. I will see what happens then . . .
And just to add: I have more energy and am quicker in decision-making . . . . generally I could sing the song "I can see clearly now" - at least a little bit more clearer:-D

I have now had 12 sessions using the Macy-Pan 1.5 atm chamber. Putting the frame together was a little tricky, but there are spare parts if a joiner or two breaks. The most noticeable result was a red spot on the skin which had persisted 3 months without changing. It looked a bit like a bite and initially I thought it could be a tick bite, but it wasn't expanding or round. After 2 months, the skin started to become brittle and blister like, which meant it was easy to scratch. After 3 month it was bloody from being scratched and this is when I started the HBOT. After a couple of sessions it changed, started healing and today it has gone completely and with normal skin covering it. I have to say that I am pretty happy about it, as I thought of the need to take blood test and possibly having antibiotics.

Other than that, nothing major to report. A couple of days of being very tired though. No problems with pressure in the ears.

Now about re-breather masks. First we had re-breather masks with no vents and it was not working. Then we bought re-breather masks with 3 anti-return vents and it works.
I looked at the link which you posted and they wouldn't ship to our destination. On the net I found a German company TIGA-med, who could provide them (from China). As the price for 1 mask was over €3, I decided to buy a box of 100 as it made the price just €1.1 a piece. The postage was only €2 more than buying them individually. An hour ago, the delivery man came and dropped off the box, which turned out to weigh 11 kg :-O. Slightly more than I had thought.
Today, Lucy from Macy-Pan contacted me to let me know that they now also are able to supply the re-breather masks and that other people referred to them and who wishes to buy from them will get a discount.

Will report back as the sessions progresses.

Small detail for the records: 1.5 ATA = 1.5 bar = 21.8 psi = 150 kPA
I received the chamber - supposedly 1.5 ATA, however pressure gauges goes to maximum 100 kPA so I am not sure if this is right. I contacted to sales agent and we will se what she replies.
If I understood correctly, you just switch everything on and go into the chamber and then it will stop pumping the pressure once it reaches 1.5 ATA on the gauge?
Am I missing something here or they sent me the wrong pressure gauges? The chamber is marked with 1.5ATA - instruction manual has picture with pressure gauges even smaller- max 60 kPa so perhaps they made a mistake.

Back
Top Bottom