I experienced death, have you!

NeoApache

A Disturbance in the Force
In 1987 I died in a motorcycle accident. I was gone for 45 minutes. It was painless and extremely fast. It was as if I had gone to sleep and then woke up. I remember feeling as tho I was laying in a field of grass, thick grass...maybe 3 inches high and the grass molded to my body. I felt a warm breeze and heard birds chirping. I repeated a few times, "I can't believe that I'm dead, I can't believe it. It's nothng like I thought". I was actually amused by the whole thing.

I felt a presence to my right, but as if the sun was shinning in my eyes, I could not open my eyes to see, but I had a mental image of my surroundings. Just as I was attempting to see who was to my right, a voice called my name twice and told me to get up.

Suddenly, I was thrust like a baseball through space. Feeling as tho I was traveling at 1000 miles per hour and guided through a tunnel until I came back into my body, from the back. I remember very clearly coming back into my body....into my face from the back. That was physically painful. Has anyone else experienced this?

:/

interestingly, a friend had a NDE from falling at a construction site, and described the same thing, down to the blades of grass.

Hi NeoApache, there are countless books on the Near Death Experience, and you should certainly read some if you haven't already. I've not had one myself, but they have fascinated me ever since I learned about them. But what amazes me almost as much as the experience itself, is what many experiencers report in the months or years after their experience. Some actually seem to acquire "paranormal" abilities.

hjackson said:
People see grass because they like greenery. Grass itself only evolved recently.

Is that your personal opinion or do you have data to back it up? If you have data, it would be great for you to share it in your post, otherwise, you could add to the beginning of your post something like, "it seems to me" or "I think probably" or something that makes it clear that it's your subjective view on the matter, with no objective data to back it up. This helps keep the discussion clear.

To me it seems that the description of lying in a field of grass is more of a description of a reintegration with the environment (melting together, etc), and not something that can be discarded as a subjective experience, because one has a fancy for gardening, or something like that.

I've had a number of OOBEs that are quite similar to what you have described.

anart said:
Is that your personal opinion or do you have data to back it up?
There isn't a lot of scientific papers as far as I can find, but I can give you this article. Apparently they've had a hard time because the fossils are more scarce.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/11/1118_051118_grass_dinos_2.html

hjackson said:
anart said:
Is that your personal opinion or do you have data to back it up?
There isn't a lot of scientific papers as far as I can find, but I can give you this article. Apparently they've had a hard time because the fossils are more scarce.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/11/1118_051118_grass_dinos_2.html

I think you missed the point anart was making, that is to say it was not that the history of grass was in question but rather your statement "People see grass because they like greenery". What do you have to back that up?

3D Resident said:
But what amazes me almost as much as the experience itself, is what many experiencers report in the months or years after their experience. Some actually seem to acquire "paranormal" abilities.
It hasn’t been my experience that such abilities be paranormal, rather that in a world described through the eyes of psychopaths (who are to me the real "otherworldly" ones), they are said to be paranormal so as to keep humans away from them.

NeoApache said:
"I can't believe that I'm dead, I can't believe it. It's nothng like I thought".
It is my experience too that death is nothing like we are supposed to think. If everyone knew, how beautiful life would be here, no one would betray their brothers in order to save their body, no one would fear psychopaths, no one would search "immortality" …

NeoApache said:
Feeling as tho I was traveling at 1000 miles per hour and guided through a tunnel until I came back into my body, from the back. (...) Has anyone else experienced this?
Yes, in exteme situations (deathly ill, beaten beyond the capacity of my body/feelings). It taught me vital things about living in the world of psychopathy as a child.

Danse la vie

I've had an NDE and it was really bad, not good at all, it was so bad it made me doubt about me having a soul. I was watching TV, doing some pipebreathing and suddenly felt the urge to go outside to the patio and look at the sun directly while stretching. I did this in like 3 seconds, by the time I was on the pation raising my hand to the air, my blood was still in the TV room, so I blackedout for I don't know how much time, then I recovered conscience and for a full 5 seconds I had no idea where or who I was, and I was in my house.

This experience made me doubt about me having a soul, because I've read a lot of NDE testimonies and they all have this amazing experiences, but mine was like if I had just stop existing for a couple of minutes and then just reappeared.

starmie; you might have just fainted, due to a lack of blood in your head, and not really having been all that close to dying?

Reactions: Joe
Danse la vie said:
It hasn’t been my experience that such abilities be paranormal, rather that in a world described through the eyes of psychopaths (who are to me the real "otherworldly" ones), they are said to be paranormal so as to keep humans away from them.

Danse la vie

I put quotation marks around the word "paranormal" because I realise that nothing in the universe is truly paranormal; rather mainstream society tends to define things as being paranormal that its dogma/scientific materialism can't explain.

Back
Top Bottom