I'm losing weight!

A

andi

I am a bit upset. I lost 20 pounds in the last 4 months. I used to be 132lbs and now I'm down at 110 :scared:
I am on a very strict diet as everybody should be - detox. but If I lose one more pound I'll cry :cry:

I feel like a million bucks, I've never been better, but 110 at a hight of 172cm is really low.
I can eat as much as I care and not gain a gram ... I burn food really fast and eat as a normal person.
Do you have any suggestions? Thks in advanced. I didn't explain a lot but if you have questions, fire up!

Are you getting plenty of fats of the various healthy kinds? Do you put plenty of olive oil on your veggies, cook your meats in a good fat like lard or duck fat? Eat plenty of butter? Buckwheat cakes? Make nice meat gravies with buckwheat flour and fat and slather it on your buckwheat cakes, quinoa, etc? What's your blood type?

I wonder are you doing any regular physical exercise as part of your diet? You could be lacking proteins and fats as Laura suggests.
In my experience, when I started martial arts training and proper diet(almost at the same time) i went from 160 lbs down to 135 then back up to 150. From what a nutritionist and herbal expert told me in class it can be due to the way our bodies metabolize things. I had to increase my protein intake so that I was not burning so much fat without having the building blocks to replace it with muscle.

I eat 1 medium-small Buckwheat made bread per day, toasted with olive oil or butter. Yes I make Buckwheat cakes with blueberries and since I don't take anything else that is sweat, I make 2 big cakes a week. I also drink a lot of grapefruit mixed with banana and berries.
I also take brown rice with a cup of vegetable soup and turkey every day. Basically this is what I eat every day, ...oh and beans.

I'm 0 positive.
I do exercise 1hour a day and run for a bout 20 min at least 5 days a week.

I'm the type who gains no weight no matter how much I eat. I one tried to gain weight and was eating high fat and I gained 7 pounds in 3 months after great effort witch I lost in a week after normal eating.

edit: yeah, and I take all my beloved supplements

banjoechef said:
I wonder are you doing any regular physical exercise as part of your diet?

I do exercise quite often, and even if that may cause weight loss, I cannot afford to stop it.

Something that helped me gain back weight was a supplement of hulled hemp seeds. I took about 3 tablespoons a day and that is when I began going back up from the 135 to 150. Hemp seeds are high in protein, omega 3, 6, 9, contains vitamin e, d, c, b6, b2, b1, a, potassium, phosphorus, and much more. The best part is that they are very very easily digested. I like to add them to oatmeal after cooking with my raisins and nuts. I buy them from the bulk barn because they are cheaper there than at a health food store.

One thing to make sure of that i don't think will be an issue for you is hemp seeds will cause your digestive system to move more quickly so high amounts of carbohydrates and starches may cause you to have, lets say, stool issues :/

I had the same, eat as much as you can and gain no weight problem, until i started with the hemp seeds daily.

Hi Andi
I've been dealing with the same problem for some time now.....for me at least it seems to be several factors.

andi said:
I'm 0 positive.

Dr. D’Adamo's book Eat Right for Your Type suggest that O blood types should mostly be eating meat (if memory serves me correctly), as this is what there digestive system is set up to get most of its nutrients from.

For me I'm AB (can't remember if its positive or negative)....so more veg than meat + digestive enzymes.

Several things I've noted contribute to my weight loss. I know its more than one thing because each time I tried something it would help for a week or so then my weight would plummet again.
They seem to be linked to several systems.
1) Stress - causes muscle loss.......
2) Adrenal (tied in with the stress)/thyroid problems.....not been diagnosed with these but I appear to have some looking at the evidence in my life.
3) Candida - interfears with thyroid hormones (I read this last week)...also eats anything before it gets into your body....and causes major biological stress.
4) Toxicity - causes stress, hormone imbalances and is a key component in having candida.....this ones important because when you start to improve your health or kill candida, toxins from either the dead candida or stored in your body start to circulate....this I think can drop your weight (due to biological stress).
5) Inflammation - in most people causes weight gain....but sometimes seems to go the opposite way. If your guts inflamed (by what you eat...or even stress or toxicity in the blood) you can't absorb anything to fuel your body.

For me putting all this together seems to be getting closer to the truth. I did an anti candida diet before the forum started to pick up on it....I felt fantastic, gained a little weight....then my weight started crashing and I became quite a grumpy snappy monster for a while. I must be about 170cm and I was around 100 when I stopped the diet and went back to bread and sugar and yeast etc.....I felt awful but not as bad as I had at that low a weight.....I started to gain weight and have been pretty cautious about my weight ever since.

The detox shake had a similar effect over a much longer period of time (probably about the time I went gluten free too)...I've been feeling great...but after several months my weight started to fall. Despite not feeling hungry, eating larger meals and stopping the shake for a few weeks put the weight back on......a little.

Taking a milder approach towards killing off candida than I did before seems to have helped stabilise my weight. I've now started using my infra red sauna blanket again....and its been a few days since my first session (20mins) and I've got a cold...either that or its a severe detox reaction. I sneeze every 30minutes and my nose is streaming.
Seems I need a better way to get these toxins out of me.....and my weight has dropped again.
Coffee enema would probably do it, but I don't have the space or privacy for that....so just going with loads of time release vitamin C (to gut tolerance) ands trans dermal magnesium, and extra spirulina in my shakes.

Not sure what else I can do beyond this. Am just under 110 at the moment....can't get much beyond it either.
Eating buckwheat and rice flake porridge, and having the berry/amino acid detox shake for breakfast.
Buckwheat/gram flower bread with ham/salad for lunch....now cooking my own pork joint to have instead of packaged ham.
Most evening meals have meat of some sort with either rice/buckwheat pasta, or brown rice....or root vegetables....with plenty of veg too. But these are being prepared by my parents so maybe I need to take more charge of that.
Another thing is that taking the digestive aids helped balance me for a while, then caused my weight to drop faster...despite calming my digestion. I did wonder if it was masking a digestive/other problem?

Hope I'm not hijacking your thread....but this is something I've been dealing with for months now and its a bit of a battle to hold any/enough weight.

banjoechef said:
I had the same, eat as much as you can and gain no weight problem, until i started with the hemp seeds daily.

I'll do some recherches on hemp seeds - of witch I know nothing ... but usually seeds are not very kind to me. I assume the benefits came to you form the oils in the seeds. There is probably hemp oil out there and I remember reading something here, not sure.
Laura recommended Sydney MacDonald Baker "Detoxification and Healing" ... let me look ... here:

Laura said:
Ya'll really need to read Sydney MacDonald Baker's book "Detoxification and Healing" for its superb chapter on oils and fats. Refined oils, vegetable oils, were never meant to be consumed by human beings. They are one step away from plastic. Use butter, ghee, lard, duck fat, olive oil, and grapeseed oil for some things, and take plenty of fish oil or eat the small fishes (sardines, etc).

Thks banjoechef, I am always up to try stuff out and experiment :cool2:

RedFox said:
Hope I'm not hijacking your thread....but this is something I've been dealing with for months now and its a bit of a battle to hold any/enough weight.

Not at all - your info is very pertinent. I can agree with you on many points.

Dr. D’Adamo's book Eat Right for Your Type suggest that O blood types should mostly be eating meat (if memory serves me correctly), as this is what there digestive system is set up to get most of its nutrients from.

Yep, that's what they say. I would honestly like to dump meat, I have no craving for it but eat it nevertheless.

Not sure what else I can do beyond this. Am just under 110 at the moment....can't get much beyond it either.
Eating buckwheat and rice flake porridge, and having the berry/amino acid detox shake for breakfast.
Buckwheat/gram flower bread with ham/salad for lunch....now cooking my own pork joint to have instead of packaged ham.
Most evening meals have meat of some sort with either rice/buckwheat pasta, or brown rice....or root vegetables....with plenty of veg too. But these are being prepared by my parents so maybe I need to take more charge of that.
Another thing is that taking the digestive aids helped balance me for a while, then caused my weight to drop faster...despite calming my digestion. I did wonder if it was masking a digestive/other problem?

It seems you are not as of yet free of this problem. From what you have described, I'm in a similar situation.

Clearly, there is an inflammation somewhere if there is fluctuation in the weight. I could agree with someone that says that being skinny is healthy as long as their weight is stable ... but if is not, then there's a problem somewhere - and that goes for anybody I think.

2) Adrenal (tied in with the stress)/thyroid problems.....not been diagnosed with these but I appear to have some looking at the evidence in my life.
3) Candida - interfears with thyroid hormones (I read this last week)...also eats anything before it gets into your body....and causes major biological stress.

I thought of this too, specially the Candida. I have a history of bad stomach and I was sincerely thinking that I might have ''Leaky Gut Syndrome'' thinking the the food doesn't get absorbed by the body somehow. I still don't know if that is true for me or not.

andi said:
banjoechef said:

I'll do some recherches on hemp seeds - of witch I know nothing ... but usually seeds are not very kind to me. I assume the benefits came to you form the oils in the seeds. There is probably hemp oil out there and I remember reading something here, not sure.
Laura recommended Sydney MacDonald Baker "Detoxification and Healing" ... let me look ... here:

Laura said:
Ya'll really need to read Sydney MacDonald Baker's book "Detoxification and Healing" for its superb chapter on oils and fats. Refined oils, vegetable oils, were never meant to be consumed by human beings. They are one step away from plastic. Use butter, ghee, lard, duck fat, olive oil, and grapeseed oil for some things, and take plenty of fish oil or eat the small fishes (sardines, etc).

Thks banjoechef, I am always up to try stuff out and experiment :cool2:

this link http://www.coolhemp.com/en_nutrition_hemp.htm seems to have some info about hemp seed nutrition.
also from the rocky mountain grain products company I have this information.

42 grams of hemp seeds(about 4 tablespoons) contains
240 calories
15 g protein
15 g polyunsaturated fat(11.4 g omega 6, 3.6 g omega 3)
2.7 g mono-unsaturated fat (Omega 9)
2.1 g saturated fat
4.5 g carbohydrates
2.5 g fiber
2 mg iron
31 mg calcium
3.8 mg sodium
3.8 mg Vitamin E
956 IU Vitamin D
.42 mg Vitamin C
.05 mg Vitamin B6
.14 mg Vitamin B2
.58 mg Vitamin B1
1.68 IU Vitamin A

I'm not sure if it was the hemp oil or not which helped me gain weigh back

Just as an info, there is a lot of omega-6 (60%) in hemp oil. Only 16% of omega-3.

And in flaxseed oil, we have 58% of omega-3 and 14% of omega-6.

Hi andi,

Last year, I too lost a lot of weight, like you have, when I started on the various detox diets and using the FIR sauna (I was told that my weight would stabilize, from using the FIR sauna, once it was at its optimal level, reaching a level of 140 pounds), and the E-E Breathing-Meditation programme. However, since the Christmas holidays, I seem to have put on weight, now up to 14 pounds extra, that do not show any signs of shifting, despite no particular change in diet (apart from the usual Christmas excesses :), and experimenting with various flour based pastries).

I'm joining the club :shock:

My normal weight is around 136/143 pd (62/65 kg) and since 3 years I have lose weight. Now I'm 116 pd (53 kg). I's becoming serious. I will try to get hulled hemp seed.
From a Cayce perspective here can be several problems : Peyer's patches http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peyer%27s_patch problem, bad chemicals reactions in the stomach, glandular imbalance, etc...
Hard to determine the root of the problem...

Ellipse said:
I'm joining the club :shock:

:lol: Well, I hope you get kicked out soon. ;D

Thank you guys for the input. I am considering what you have all said.

I have decided to find lard and duck fat (witch by looking on the net, apparently most of the stores here in Montreal Qc have it - like Iga, Loblows etc) and have a fat breakfast instead of the usually loved berry/banana/grapefruit juice - I'll just drink the juice later or after - thanks to such lovely people on this forum.
I'm gonna make some deep fried sweet potatoes witch I just found out were a healthy choice and experiment in the FAT area.

good night for now...

Hi andi
andi said:
... have a fat breakfast instead of the usually loved berry/banana/grapefruit juice - I'll just drink the juice later or after - ...

I usually have a berry shake with powdered supplements first, followed by a buckwheat oven pancake (for the protein) baked in lard and butter 20mins later. That is, unless I just have the Ultra Shake which has the berries, supplements and rice protein powder in it, a two for the price of one - less of course the fats. :)

Back
Top Bottom