Internet under siege?

I agree, loosing the contact with Sott.net would be very hard.

There is something that is interesting to see: how people react for the possibility to loose Internet but are indifferent to the Iran's attack or Libya's massacre. We want to fight, it seems to me, but just for something that is good for us. Iran is to far away, who cares for a possible nuclear war? And Libya? Libya is nothing compared to a very important music file that I can get for free. It is interesting to see all this and see how the PTB can study us and continue to kill people without producing any contesting. But if you touch music or movies or Internet for entertainment oh my god!

I am scare of loosing Internet, in my case, for I find in it information. And this site and Sott.net where I can think intelligently and meet intelligent, evolved and gentle people.

Loreta

seek10 said:
Buddy said:
Hmmm. What with the blackout and now this, the power seems to be with the people after all. Another Penrose-Hameroff Orch-OR (orchestrated objective reduction) "event". Quantum consciousness rulez! Or so I think. :)
OR Anonynous giving needed excuses to PASS SOPA/PIPA ?.

That's one possible perspective, and Rupert Murdock seems to want to play the "terrorist" card - possibly to make the NDAA connection - with that silly statement about 'terrorizing Congressmen'. Government should be afraid of it's citizens, though, and Murdock should be afraid of his customers who can 'all of a sudden' decide his newspapers, magazines and broadcast networks are increasingly irrelevant to real news and social networking.

When I look a bit closer, the proponents and opponents of SOPA/PIPA are merely engaging in theatrics, in a sense. What is SOPA/PIPA but a documentation of a mindset that has the gall to say: Whereas before today, so and so was not illegal in a way that would allow such and such punishment, "all of a sudden" now it is. And whereas before today I didn't have the power to do this and that, "all of a sudden" now I do.

That's pretty much the mental fantasy as I see it. The material reality is nothing but a configuration of bits magnetically held in place on a few hard drives and an arrangement of individually meaningless alphabet letters on paper.

As always, it seems the real battle is being waged on another level, or, if you prefer, in another realm and when those waves start rolling, the practical thing to do is ride it out, OSIT.

So if we follow the logic of this, if I post something without the authorized copyrights on the senator (or whatever he is) page, it has to be blocked by the FBI?

Prometeo said:
So if we follow the logic of this, if I post something without the authorized copyrights on the senator (or whatever he is) page, it has to be blocked by the FBI?

Perhaps many would become blips on their "radar". Have identities researched, and placed on some super-computer file for observation and/or future reference. Unless "they" have already done that...
:shock: :shock: :shock:

I was looking at this Sott article "Anonymous Forces DOJ and Several Others to Protest SOPA / PIPA".

my immediate Gut reaction is who is this name less, headless, shapeless Man or Group of Super Man's that can do any thing at any time. ?. Did they really force others to protest? Or they simply posing next to the success. ?.

"Anonymous, in response to the indictment of Megaupload and its removal from the Internet, has forced the U.S. Department of Justice, the MPAA, the RIAA, Universal Music, the U.S. Copyright office, and BMI to protest SOPA and PIPA. How? By launching a massive DDoS strike, which at the time this story was posted, had been active for nearly an hour. "
Wow!. I wonder how our hero's changed from whistle blower journalists, to sexed up yesterday wikileaks to headless Anonymous.

seek10 said:
I was looking at this Sott article "Anonymous Forces DOJ and Several Others to Protest SOPA / PIPA".

my immediate Gut reaction is who is this name less, headless, shapeless Man or Group of Super Man's that can do any thing at any time. ?.

Similar to my reaction.

I think Steve Ragan on The Tech Herald, Mike Masnick on Tech Dirt and Eric Blair on the Activist Post has less of an idea of the type of people driving the Corporatocracy and Pathocracy than a typical anon does. For example:

[quote author=Steve Ragan]
As Mike Masnick on Tech Dirt explained, the DOJ should have known such a maneuver would be ill-advised.

"For them not to think the reaction would be fast and furious shows (yet again) just how incredibly, ridiculously, out of touch with the internet the DC establishment is."

As Mike Masnick on Tech Dirt explained, the DOJ should have known such a maneuver would be ill-advised.
[/quote]

Not so to any significant degree. Pathological people simply don't care about "reactions" that don't directly threaten their own lives and sustenance. Any programmer worth his pay can do what the BBC quoted of a security consultant once: "well-written firewall rules can filter out most traffic from DDoS attacks by LOIC, thus preventing the attacks from being fully effective."

Just going by what I can observe and infer, anons can simply use their creativity to exploit the same patterns of behavior the PTB exploits. IOW, Psychopaths in charge may command the narcissistic idealism and devotion of authoritarian followers to implement their desires and certain others can turn their creativity to commanding botnets of thousands or tens of thousands of computers to implement their desires.

I say creativity in this case because the open-source code for the low orbit ion cannon isn't anything special - it's the creativity within the whole context - which includes cooperation - that has yielded results.

Counter-aggression based on creativity allowed the ancient Celts to win some battles against their victimizers. Unfortunately, this wonderfully artistic and expressive people were eventually wiped out.

I think it must be a testament to the basic goodness of certain people that the PTB have remained in their fantasies as long as they have. It's easy enough to see, though, that the hatred of people both inside and outside the U.S., toward this gov't, is getting closer to these pathocrats, like an incoming tide surrounding the ankles of a person at the beach standing in the sand too near the water.

I couldn't find any news in international media about it but today in several major cities in Poland people protest against ACTA on the streets, as tomorrow it is supposed to be signed by our prime minister.
Anyway the information goes viral, it's the hottest topic among many people here in Poland and the negativity towards it and our government is really high and still increasing, as I deduce it from comments in polish information websites, facebook posts, TV, my acquaintances and even among silly imageboards websites.
Just to let you know guys.

I some times get some emails from "fight for future" website. I thought latest email interesting and how the new round of attacks going on the interent
_http://killacta.org/
Protests Break Out Across Europe Saturday!
They tried to push internet censorship through Congress and we stopped them. But the companies behind SOPA & PIPA have a backup plan: secretive trade agreements like ACTA & TPP.
If we can't stop these backroom deals, the internet's future belongs to SOPA's backers.

Back
Top Bottom