Interview with Eugène Canseliet from 1978 with English subtitles

PhoenixToEmber

Jedi Council Member
A few years ago now I read The Mystery of the Cathedrals, which was no easy feat. And last month I finally bought a hardcover copy of The Dwellings of the Philosophers (it wasn't cheap, considering the English translation is out of print); I finally started reading it last week. In doing so, I've returned to doing some general research about Fulcanelli - my interest in him and alchemy is actually what led me to Laura's research back in 2012.

Anyway, through my online digging I found an interview with Eugène Canseliet from 1978, which was posted on YouTube a few months ago, translated into English. I stumbled upon this interview before, years ago, but it was only in French with no subtitles so I couldn't understand it, so I was happy to find it translated.

Not sure how many have listened to it before, but I figured it was worth sharing here for those who haven't. It's fascinating. It also shows that Canseliet was a very humble man.

Toward the end he talks about how the true Adepts who attain the Stone live on another plane of existence (in the beginning he said the "fourth dimension"). The interviewer asks if it's "close to us" and he says yes, and then they use planets as an analogy. Then, which I found really interesting, Canseliet mentions UFOs (at around 51 minutes): "The famous so-called UFOs. But ultimately it is disturbed waves that cause them," he says. The interviewer asks him if he believes in them and flying saucers, and he says "no", that "they are bright nodes. It is the wave-shocks that cause this. I know this well, because similarly as the moon eclipse, for example, which becomes visible in the surface of the dissolution where also such flashes are present, I'm sure if you look at the sky at the same time that appears such kind of corrugation in the crucible..."

I wonder if perhaps he had not made the connection between such phenomenon and the so-called "Elementals" of alchemical lore? Meaning that other beings besides us inhabit the "spirit realm" and that they're not all nice. He was wise, certainly, but he might not have delved deep enough to see the hyperdimensional control system around us, maybe because he became so immersed in performing manipulations in the laboratory and focusing so much on the microcosm that he neglected the macrocosmos, as well as the aspect of the Work that is internal rather than reflected in the lab. He does admit he never achieved the Stone, and says he doesn't consider himself an Adept (or enlightened) because he never did, though he also claims to have performed advanced alchemical operations, including producing a small amount of gold, which have taught him important lessons.

A hardcover of The Dwellings of the Philosophers! :clap: Congrats

Looks like your readings are taking you full-circle (more like a spiral, though). It has been the same for me lately as I have gone back to reading The Wave from the beginning.

Thank you for posting this interview and the brief summary. There are some very interesting points in the language he is using in his descriptions and definitely caught my curiosity, but I will save my comments for after listening to the interview. I will check it out this weekend.

I read it in Spanish (Las moradas filosofales) about 25 years ago and could hardly understand it. Maybe it is time to give it a second read now with the knowledge that I was able to gather from reading Laura's work. I hope the quality of what I was able to absorb helps me. Fingers crossed.

As a continuation to the interview in English, which was originally available in french at a small price, along with a few others, in a website called ina.fr some 7-8+ years ago, I recently found something, which made me immeasurably happy and may be interesting to some of you. Maybe this also belongs to the books section, so if the mods decide, move my post wherever you like.

Till this moment I have bought nearly all of Eugene Canseliet's books over a course of 5-10 years, except for Deux Logis Alchimiques, but all of them in French. A week ago, as I was buying kindle books, I sought after Canseliet's name by habit and found one of Canseliet's books translated by a small publishing house (or whatever it's called) called Innergarden (_https://innergarden.org/). And I found and instantly bought this one _https://www.amazon.com/Mutus-Liber-Introduction-Canseliet-Fulcanelli-ebook/dp/B019WTMVWE and _https://www.amazon.com/Nature-Uncovered-children-ignorant-Sophists-ebook/dp/B0151XPNPC (the second one here being a translation of one of the treatises of alchemy from Trois Anciens Traités d'alchimie, which treatises were supposedly in Fulcanelli's bookshelf). So, these guys are essentially making translations of different alchemical books and have told me that they are preparing the release of two more of Canseliet's translated Works. One of them will be exactly Deux Logis Alchimiques :wizard: The other one will be a surprise, I guess. So I cannot guarantee to the degree of perfection of their translation, as I know very little French, but still, it's something, for me at least, and boy did they warm my heart :)

Yes, in the interview Canseliet discusses 'Mutus Liber' in response to when he became very ill with heart problems;

EC: I’m not mad to say that I would no longer be here. Take this, which is important for me…I suffered in 1974 a myocardial infection, severe, the real one, not just a big angina that can resemble a heart attack, no, no, the terrible one, in the inside of the heart. Without the salt of the dew I don’t know if it would be as I am now, free from all sequels, because as far as I understood in terms of the consequences of an stroke, the side-effects, it is required to apply nitride medication, besides it is no secret that the medicine for the heart is extracted from explosives we take trinitrotoluene…

JC: Yes

EC: Isn’t it? Well, when I heard this, close to Intensive, where I had reached, I had thought about my dew salt, which gives, for sure, a nitro, but that has to be an isotope.

I had no device to verify this. But its behavior, I would say physical and chemical, is not at all that of the ordinary Saltpetre of potassium acetate, not at all.

How did I obtain it? By the Mutus Liber

JC: Which is?...

EC: The Mutus Librer is in Latin the Book of Mutations which only contains images, it hasn’t other things but images, but that doesn’t aim for this, and without words, but actually it is not without a voice, it is the symbolic voice which is often much more exact than letters, from the beginning to the end of the tables, the extraction of the dew, equally in relation with its actions upon the salty adjuvant of the Great Work, in the dry way, in effect, that is strictly technique, this I could give in as an oath, on this part.

Just a detail : Mutus Liber means Silent Book, not Book of Mutations, and can be found here for example (public domain) :

_http://www.e-rara.ch/download/pdf/1350330?name=Mutus%20liber%20in%20quo%20tamen%20tota%20philosophia%20hermetica%20figuris%20hieroglyphicis%20depin

FWIW

I've always had the impression that Canseliet was little more than a puffer.

Laura said:
I've always had the impression that Canseliet was little more than a puffer.

Possible if viewed from some angles, though I have wondered whether an accomplished Master would entrust his life's Work (volumes) to be presented to the World by a puffer, even though it only looks to me like reworking and writing out notes? I mean, you may give someone your notes on a very, very complicated topic, are you sure that that person would write it out in a book well enough when the topic requires that no corruption is introduced?

[quote author=Fulcanelli, His true identity revealed, page 57]
Later on, Eugene Canseliet wrote in his Alchimiques Memoires that:

Under the attic, there was a small door leading to the terrace above the staircase, which was enclosed by an exquisite balustrade of white stone. Up there, one walked on a think carpet of lead. This was the most elevated place in the open air, where the Master submitted to the radiation of the Moon and of the stars, his basins containing a dew that was already very gently reduced. ...
[/quote]

Honestly, I've had my wtf moments on Fulcanelli, Canseliet and Riviere, but there are things to be learned by all three's findings in my humble opinion. Even Riviere.

Madara Horseman said:
Honestly, I've had my wtf moments on Fulcanelli, Canseliet and Riviere, but there are things to be learned by all three's findings in my humble opinion. Even Riviere.

True enough, however, the noise to signal ratio isn't very good and there are so many other things that are far more useful in terms of learning the lessons of 3rd density - which is what gets you out of here - that I now consider that path pretty much a waste of time and energy.

Eulenspiegel said:
Watching this I get the feeling that Fulcanelli definitely left a big impression on Canseliet.

Hell, if you could not only decipher and fully understand but also apply a hidden body of Science along with its own noise and intentional complications to the point where you leave 3d (as Mutus Liber assures us at the end with the short "You see, you leave"), I would be very impressed as well.

Laura said:
Madara Horseman said:

True enough, however, the noise to signal ratio isn't very good and there are so many other things that are far more useful in terms of learning the lessons of 3rd density - which is what gets you out of here - that I now consider that path pretty much a waste of time and energy.

Agree with the synopsis, there seems an off NtoS/ratio in much, and the lessons of inner work here on 3d land are helpful as opposed to the Work that can take one deep down into its own labyrinth for a lifetime.

However, had always enjoyed the descriptions of architecture, paintings - some books, symbols, language and words offered that can be more descriptive of realities above and below. As for the interview, I don't know much about the interviewer, yet he seemed to continually chase down material transmutation; which is what many people are focused on. Canseliet does mix this up with more inner work - it goes back and forth, and the inner work more aligns with separations - maybe veils even. Canseliet speaks of cosmic waves, which is also what he used to dismiss the UFO phenomenon mentioned. He also mentions a number of scientists that were alleged to have worked with Fulcanelli, so there was opportunity to review those scientists again and of course, Joule and his wife Mary came to mind. Canseliet discusses Grace's at one point too.

Had a difficult time following the video - full of short video loops, so wrote down the translators words (verbatim punctuation) to better log this interview.

As for Joule, his tombstone cites "I must work the works of him that sent me while it is day: the night commit, when no man can work. S John IX.4"

I have to admit that I became sidetracked with Jouls, which brought up Joule Unlimited (Biotechnologies) and the scientist there (first patent on GMO microorganisms) - which brought up Podesta's links to same - should have known better than to wander to far off topic: _http://nypost.com/2017/07/05/uncovering-the-russia-ties-of-hillarys-campaign-chief/

Here is the transcript:

Attachments

• Eugene Canseliet The Last Disciple Of Fulcanelli.pdf
    133.2 KB · Views: 8
Back
Top Bottom