Interview with John Cain Carter

Thoroughly enjoyed, thank you. Community seems the way to go but in my neck of the woods not many see whats coming and frankly my family are not open to my faint suggestions. This extends to the reluctance to even store some extra food.
Don't give up, I also started secretly with supplies at first and had cautious conversations.
Fortunately, my husband also makes up his own mind and is now also in favour of additional food. He still smiles at me for some things, but I don't care as long as he lets me do it. But I still can't discuss EVERYTHING with him, I know your feeling well.

But I have learned to hold back, even with other people. Because I don't feel like discussing things any more. With some people it's hopeless... a woman in our house recently knitted herself a yellow/light blue cap, made a brooch in the same style and has been vaccinated four times (which she proudly tells everyone)... :nuts: what else can you say?

ut I have learned to hold back, even with other people. Because I don't feel like discussing things any more. With some people it's hopeless... a woman in our house recently knitted herself a yellow/light blue cap, made a brooch in the same style and has been vaccinated four times (which she proudly tells everyone)... :nuts: what else can you say?
Thanks Mililea for those words of support and you are, of course, right and I have to fight the feeling of frustration on nearly a daily basis.
Your comment above of the lady in your house and what she's done really highlights that fact is indeed stranger than fiction.. Hope you are enjoying your patio now that the weather is warming up a bit.

Thoroughly enjoyed, thank you. Community seems the way to go but in my neck of the woods not many see whats coming and frankly my family are not open to my faint suggestions. This extends to the reluctance to even store some extra food.
I'm beginning to realize that there are different "degrees" of SEEing. Some people know that their government is not helping them, that the pandemic was really a scamdemic, that prices are going up... but once you make them imagine an apocalyptic or uncomfortable scenario, their denial kicks in so vigorously that you wonder whether they were SEEing in the first place. 🤔

It can also be that people, who immigrated in the West and rebuilt their lives around "safety & comfort," are so terrified of suffering "once again" that they have convinced themselves that they have already experienced the worst possible traumas that could ever happen to them. "Things can only get better from here," they say. Anyway, that was my little "Western-Denial-Immigration" or "Afraid-of-the-Second-Shock" theory.

Back
Top Bottom