Is Roger Waters becoming the new troll of the radical left?

IronFloyd

Jedi Master
FOTCM Member
I was watching the video of Roger Waterd in Brazil, where he makes a criticism and calls not to vote for the fascist Bolsonaro, but this, he does, together with showing on the screens, a list with the names of "neo fascists" that are making the world a shit, and among those that includes Vladimir Putin, that if, at least with a question mark, but whatever, Waters includes him in some way in the same bag within the neo-fascists. Obviously he includes Donald Trump as the main fascist, which he describes as the new Hitler (in his show too saying in the song "Pigs" (Three Different Ones); "Trump, you're a pig, Trump, you're an asshole", and in synthesis, with a new insult in each country), but with Barack Obama he always tended to praise him, and if there were criticisms to him, they were always lukewarm, to finally end up saying about Obama; "The country will soon learn to miss its reflexive, articulate, intelligent, political and measured forms..., love".

Of course Roger Waters has had very clear positions with respect to Israel, and what he pointed out about the White Helmets, but "in addition and subtraction", I think there is a strong confusion in his mind, almost to point of he is becoming in another puppet to confuse the masses with these mixtures of truths with lies. In another hand, a few years ago I had the opportunity to witness his show, which in addition to bombastic and spectacular, I found a certain taste of plastic, with many passages in the show even using playback, unlike David Gilmour's concert that I witnessed in 2015, where under a simple staging he generated an electrifying and beautiful atmosphere without the need to resort to confusion and radicalizing people.

Turgon

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Yes, I saw him in concert last year and he had the same message in regards to Putin and Trump. Which is too bad because even though I've always had a lot of respect for Roger Waters as an artist and how outspoken he has been, especially in regards to Palestine, he really dropped the ball on this one. One of the things I really enjoyed about Pink Floyd was how they mixed certain political and social commentary in their music in an almost abstract way, but his recent tour felt like 'too much' and 'in your face' with his images and videos of Trump and Putin.

Renaissance

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Seems there's very few celebrities, musicians, etc who actually get the big picture of what is going on in the world. The anti-Russian propaganda has been far reaching. Most simply do not have a clue as to the details of geopolitics or the histories of foreign nations, which makes for fertile ground in believing lies. What seems to have happened over the past couple of years is that the mindset of the 'Deep State' or whatever you want to call it has become the mind of 'the people', i.e. the programming has become complete. In other words, it's not just the Deep State that is driving things anymore but also the corrupted will of the people, which includes influential people like Roger Waters.

The political hysterics driving such people are saturating every facet of culture: music, movies, language, literature, arts, sports, education, technology, and science. Agenda driven creations lack substance. They have the "taste of plastic" as you mention, IronFloyd. And then there is the fallout because their creations have become ruined. People leave Facebook because they don't want to be controlled or told what they can and cannot share. They don't watch the latest Star Wars because the franchise doesn't care about the fans. They stop reading the news and stop watching (American) football because it's all so damn political. Then when it becomes apparent that things aren't working anymore, what do they do but blame Russia!!

Top Bottom