Is "Time" "God"?

Menna

The Living Force
If you think about "Time" which is said to not exist and is an illusion you cant help but wonder about its power. Time is like another person in your life that is always there and can be used or worked with for your benefits or detriment depending on your knowledge and awareness. I recently have realized that ones interaction with Time is very important and I underestimated the power of Time and its effect on situations, circumstances, perceptions, feelings, emotions and the physical. It seems that Time has no boundaries. Time can change the past. Time can change everything. Time can be used its like another tool in life that will never go away and is always there. This recent realization has led me to posting this and maybe a better title is "Time is Godlike"

I posted in the C's question thread because I believe this thinking about Time and all of its dynamics can lead to answers that benefit all.

Time is very important for the work and even for one not doing the work. Time enables use to gain wisdom and understanding that is made up of different senses, feelings perceptions, time allows us to gleen all that we can from experience. Time interacts with us as much as we interact with time if not more and we have no choice in the matter.

Well there is this about Zurvan and time:

Laura said:
I'm copying in herondancer's post on the topic as well.

herondancer said:
What a wonderfully deep session.

seek10 said:
Laura said:
Q: (L) And what had it been corrupted to?

A: The Indian Vedas will give clues.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zurvanism
Aesthetic Zurvanism
Aesthetic Zurvanism, which was apparently not as popular as the materialistic kind, viewed Zurvan as undifferentiated Time, which, under the influence of desire, divided into reason (a male principle) and concupiscence (a female principle).

According to Duchesne-Guillemin, this division is "redolent of Gnosticism or – still better – of Indian cosmology." The parallels between Zurvan and Prajapati of Rig Veda 10.129 had been taken by Widengren to be evidence of a proto-Indo-Iranian Zurvan, but these arguments have since been dismissed (Duchesne-Guillemin, 1956). Nonetheless, there is a semblance of Zurvanite elements in Vedic texts, and as Zaehner puts it "Time, for the Indians, is the raw material, the material prima of all contingent being."

The blue- bolded part struck me a little, as the word concupiscence has a somewhat narrow meaning today, namely lust and carnal desire. The Catholic church has had a fine old time railing against it for centuries, demonizing women as a danger to men because they were it's source.

However it earlier meant 'desire' in a broader sense. From google:

Middle English: via Old French from late Latin concupiscentia, from Latin concupiscent- ‘beginning to desire,’ from the verb concupiscere, from con- (expressing intensive force) + cupere ‘to desire.’

And also

concupiscence (n.) Look up concupiscence at Dictionary.com
mid-14c., from Latin concupiscentia "eager desire," from concupiscens, present participle of concupiscere, inceptive of concupere "to be very desirous of," from com-, intensive prefix (see com-), + cupere "to long for" (see cupidity).

So it could mean any strongly felt desire. But even at Zervanism's early date there seems to be an association of the feminine principle with"desire".

The oft quoted session from the C's

Session 990828 said:
Q: Okay, so this realm changed, as a part of the cycle; various choices were made: the
human race went through the door after the 'gold,' so to speak, and became aligned with the
Lizzies after the 'female energy' consorted with the wrong side, so to speak.
This is what
you have said. This resulted in a number of effects: the breaking up of the DNA, the burning
off of the first ten factors of DNA, the separation of the hemispheres of the brain...
A: Only reason for this: you play in the dirt, you're gonna get dirty.
Q: What was the motivating factor for playing in the dirt? What essential thing occurred?
You said once that it was 'desire based imbalance.' What was it a desire for?
A: Increased physicality.
Q: What was the objective sought for in this desire for increased physicality?
A: Sensate.
Q: How was sensate experienced so that these beings had an idea that they could get more
if they increased their physicality?
A: Not experienced, demonstrated.
Q: Demonstrated how, by who?
A: Do you not know?
Q: It was demonstrated by the Lizzies?
A: Basically.
Q: Demonstrated in what way? Did they say: 'here, try this!' Or did they demonstrate by
showing or doing?
A: Closer to the latter.
Q: They were doing, experimenting, playing, and saying: 'look, we are doing this, it's so
great, come here and try it?'
A: Not really. More like: "you could have this."
Q: What seemed to be so desirable about this increased physicality when they said 'you can
have this?'
A: Use your imagination!
Q: Was there any understanding, or realization of any kind, that increased physicality could
be like Osiris lured into his own coffin by Set? That they would then slam the lid shut and
nail him in?
A: Obviously, such understanding was lacking.
Q: Sounds like a pretty naive bunch! Does the lack of this understanding reflect a lack of
knowledge?
A: Of course. But more, it is desire getting in the way of...

The Zoroastrian Gathas, are sprinkled with statements that appear to view the position of men and women as fairly equal especially in Gatha 53. The link is a pdf of a simplified translation, so you'll need to scroll down.

In the later Zervanism, women it seems women are blamed in much the same way as in Judeo-Christianity, though those ideas may have crept in from elsewhere.

https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic said:
[..] classical Zurvanism's shades of Zurvan as potential and Zurvan as infinite time smells of the idea of 7th density, but of course there are other ideas not exactly corresponding to the Cs, such as some Zurvanites's denigration of women by their association with Ahriman and the Az. The way the ideas are presented though makes it appear that the anti-female ideas were a later corruption of an existing set of ideas.

Perhaps this occurred with the introduction of Aristotelian ideas which had a big effect on Zurvanism. See the new classifications of warm and moist for Ohrmazd, and dry and cold for Ahriman. With women associated with Ahriman's elements, so to flowed the idea of them as evil. This isn't to say all Zurvanism supported this idea, as there was another perspective in which women and men alike were associated with Ohrmazd, as moist and hot respectively.

I'm not really sure where I'm going with this but I thought to throw it in the mix.

This would be time in a 7th density information transaction of sorts not time in the Einstein sense. The next step up from time in the Einstein sense would be Ark's two times, a spacetime metric with 4 space-like and 2 time-like dimensions.

I've had a particular interest in time in general, according to the C's time does not exist, but what does it mean not existing, something we "depend on"?

My answer to this whole issue of time, is that it is a creation of perception and not the other way around, time is nonexistent, and the body , the human body contains the points of reference within its structural organization, that allows a person to distinguish one moment from the previous one and the same with space. I think we can't really "understand what it means zero time, or spacelessness, or non-physichal existence , at least with our assumptions about reality, since our bodies are designed to perceive this illusion i.e. 3D, in the way we do.

We depend on our perception , which is dependent on the biological structure of our body and mind, and forms the baseline of the reality., If I was to *guess , "time" vibrates at the level of the physical body perception.

I am not sure what you are referring to as "godlike", or I guess the question begs a definition of what you term as "time"?
By the way you define time in this context, I would assume you refer the points between one experience and another, the "time" it takes of jumping/interacting from one set of influences to jump/interact onto another set of influences , that's speaking in very broad lines.

Some thoughts

What actually time is or even how we perceive it in our reality are fascinating topics from many points of view.

For example, according to the theory of embodied cognition: the brain, while important, is not the only resource we have available to us to generate behaviour. Instead, the form of our behaviour emerges from the real-time interaction between a nervous system in a body with particular capabilities and an environment that offers opportunities for behaviour and information about those opportunities. The reason this is quite a radical claim is that it changes the job description for the brain; instead of having to represent knowledge about the world and using that knowledge to simply output commands, the brain is now a part of a broader system that critically involves perception and action as well. The actual solution an organism comes up with for a given task includes all these elements.

'The outfielder problem' . This is the question of how a baseball outfielder can catch a fly ball—how do they manage to get to the right place at the right time? The disembodied, computational solution notes that in order to predict where the ball will land, you need a model of the projectile motion of the ball and some information about its initial conditions as it came off the bat (speed, direction, etc). Perception provides this input, the brain uses a representation that implements the model to predict the landing location and then commands the body to move the right location.

The embodied solution instead begins with a task analysis; what resources are available to a mobile, perceiving-acting organism to solve the task? Do we need to compute anything, or can we simply directly use perceptual information to guide our interception? It turns out that careful consideration of the task reveals two potential informational strategies that are consequences of the parabolic arc the fly ball takes through the air.

The first works if you are in a direct line with the arc of the fly ball; if you run so as to make the (actually accelerating) ball appear to move at constant velocity, it turns out you will end up in the right place at the right time. If you are off the direct line, you can move so as to make the (actually curved) trajectory of the ball appear linear. There is no prediction or internal model required; instead, the outfielder solves the prediction problem by moving in a particular way.

Source: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/beyond-words/201202/embodied-cognition-what-it-is-why-its-important

"Try to understand, time is breath." G I think the C's session about the 'desire based imbalance' that led to the mess we're in as a result of 'increased physicality' is pertinent to the consideration of time. We perceive in three dimensions which is very limiting. We see through a 'glass darkly.' Adding another dimension would not only open up unlimited possibilities but also greatly increase our ability to understand all. The C's made and interesting comment about how as we get older the illusion of linear time begins to lose it's grip. From my own experience I would say that is true.

A fascinating topic

genero81 said:
"Try to understand, time is breath." G
A fascinating topic

This reminds me of the idea of Rodney collin, that time is simply the 4th dimension.
and when looking from a higher dimension, the 4th and 5th dimensions of time Become Spacial.

All living things Live the same length of life.

What is KEY is discovering the length of time, on that dimension, of a Breath , or a day,
then you can calculate the Life span.

There are around 25'000 Breaths in a day and 25'000 Days in a lifetime.

In rodney collins Book , the theory of celestial influence,
He describes the DAY of a red blood cell , to be around 18 seconds and goes on to calculate it's Life to around a month.

Far too much for me to copy paste, but it starts around page , 35
The TIMES of the Universe. ( free and legal DL )
http://www.mediafire.com/file/9u393uuhlp2c2nl/The-Theory-of-Celestial-Influence.pdf

My current speculations on the subject, which are very likely to involve many deficiencies and errors: Experience of time is enabled by the Timeless (Godhead), which is you, eventually. Time, which can be said to contain all experience, is illusion, changeable, non-absolute although it is absolute as a concept and mechanism. The illusion contains so much (apparently all) of our experiences, it is compulsory for life experiences to be but even more essential or "prior" is that we, the Self, are the eventual creator, owner and enjoyer of all time and all life experiences ever possible. All troubles might be said to be connected with our not being sufficiently aware of and/or claiming and utilizing our Absolute Selfhood to the extent possible or optimal at our current level/classroom of experience. There is a natural and vital balance between the Absolute/Timeless/Self on the one side and the Illusion/Time/Experience on the other. To my current understanding, the Absolute/Timeless/Self is prior in principle but it would not be able to do without the Illusion/Time/Experience. I think there is even no absolute separation between the two. It may be that awareness is produced by the interaction between the Self/Timeless and the Experience in Time/Illusion.

All errors are made in time/illusion and reflected in Self-to-be. When one is in error, this means one makes an erroneous or unnatural identification. They misunderstand and misrepresent themselves. They forget their true nature. This is what ego is all about. It is a misunderstanding and misrepresentation.

But as 3D is kind of a childhood experience of the True Self /Godhead/Absolute, there is so much tolerance to be egotistical and erroneous here. I think graduation to STO is about understanding the true nature of Being/Self. You stop externalizing the Absolute Reality. You stop desperately looking for it everywhere. It is you. You essentially stop desiring. Desparate desire means you don't know or remember who/what you are. But this is a kind of an extreme description, not too much applicable in our current situation of experiences. It is natural and necessary in 3D to look for the Self outside under various guises but apparently the quest needs to end up in oneself, Self-to-be, which can also be said to be the Self, just like a child is a human.

Jordan Peterson talk about the logos taking place in the dialogue between two peoples, the discussion is the visible manifestation in 3D of this logos and participate to its elaboration. I think this is what you refer when you say that Time is another person which is always present. We cannot separate beingness from its external form, it rises altogether. What happens seems to have no effect on this logos, what can change is the perception we have of it, and it's indeed through subjectivity that we become more conscious.

I just observed groups of swift little birds dancing in the sky, and it made myself clear that they were talking and dancing in a relatively ordered ballet. It's through this multitude and their discussion that this dance happened. It's the same with people, they exchange their breath/time while talking in social situation. Indeed if we were alone, without anyone to talk with, without anyone different with another point of view of reality, could "Time" be perceived ?

We perceive Time through our senses which is movements and differenciation, it's why, I think, that we perceive a movement within our breath. And the quest seem to stop seeing this linear movement, so stop controlling ourselves or our breath, Time really made us and not the other around. If we do that the "right time" will come.

bozadi said:
My current speculations on the subject, which are very likely to involve many deficiencies and errors: Experience of time is enabled by the Timeless (Godhead), which is you, eventually. Time, which can be said to contain all experience, is illusion, changeable, non-absolute although it is absolute as a concept and mechanism.

I found in my life that although day to day life advances in time,
The progress towards conciousness always occured
when an Idea resurfaced perhaps years later.

This I felt created the Illusion of timelessness,
Like finding an old note book,
that was written so precisely,
that 5 years later you can pick it up,
and continue where you left off.

Let me paint a picture if I may.

Our lives are spent floating downstream in a river,
Along the banks , and not destined to be swept over the edge of a waterfall,
are the saints and higher Density being's that help people.
They cannot come directly into the river of time,
but will help by giving directions from the bank.

For them Time may indeed not exist ,
yet right in front of them they can see it flowing ,
carrying the people of our dimension along.

I am not convinced that this timelessness people talk of could allow movement backwards.
Just a hunch that Time still exists at higher densities , but at a much slower speed.

The BEING our own creators of life , is for me,
about overstanding the laws that govern mechanical life.
And that could include Planetary influence as well.

Bluelamp said:
Well there is this about Zurvan and time:

(...)
It is mentioned in some web sources that Zurvan is/was the Iranian equivalent of the western Kronos, which is Saturn, or Zindar/Zendar as mentioned in some Ra and Cassiopaean sessions. Saturn was the outermost planet of ancient times.

Astrologically, the concept of time is closely related to the sign Capricorn and its ruler planet, Saturn. But Capricorn/Saturn cannot be taken in isolation of its opposite sign of Cancer and its ruler, Moon, which is the heavenly body closest to the Earth. So, time is closely related to the astrological polarity of Cancer & Capricorn (or Moon & Saturn in planetary terms). And in my understanding of astro-cosmology that I base on the Ra-Cassiopaean cosmology, the fourth sign of the astrology, Cancer, and its opposite, the tenth, sign of Capricorn are a certain astro-cosmological representation of the 4th Density.

I think both Cancer and Capricorn are very much related to the concept of time. Cancer is more moody, more influenced by the quality of time as it advances and changes. This is normal and necessary to some extent but if it is not balanced by Capricorn enough, one will be determined or shaped overly by the quality of ever changing times. Capricorn in this sense is about "mastering" time, about building structures that stand the test of time. So, by comparison, Cancer is subjective and Capricorn is objective in tendency. Both are natural and necessary in their places. When not balanced by Cancer sufficiently, Capricorn tends to be overly critical, controlling, stiff, and even tyrannical.

Saturn in astrology is also taken to be a "tester". It imposes tests to measure the level of advance in various "lessons". And as majority of people are more Cancerian in nature, not sufficiently balanced by Capricorn, they generally tend to perceive the testing/Saturnian aspect of life to be ruthless and even diabolical.

SocietyoftheSpectacle said:

I am not convinced that this timelessness people talk of could allow movement backwards.
Just a hunch that Time still exists at higher densities , but at a much slower speed.

Hi, SocietyoftheSpectacle. I think I somehow addressed in my last message above some of the issues you mentioned.

I'm trying to understand your statements about floating downstream, being destined to be swept over the edge of a waterfall, and the possibility of moving backwards, and those higher dimensional beings on the banks that try to help the people floating in the river. Can you please provide a little more about this? Do you say that we should ideally be able to resist floating downstream and even swim back? Or do you think that we should not be floating in the river at all but be on the bank?

bozadi said:

Hi, SocietyoftheSpectacle. I think I somehow addressed in my last message above some of the issues you mentioned.

I'm trying to understand your statements about floating downstream, being destined to be swept over the edge of a waterfall, and the possibility of moving backwards, and those higher dimensional beings on the banks that try to help the people floating in the river. Can you please provide a little more about this? Do you say that we should ideally be able to resist floating downstream and even swim back? Or do you think that we should not be floating in the river at all but be on the bank?

The waterfall I speak of is Reincarnation.

The Metaphor is a good one I think,
What I forgot to mention is that we are inside a Barrel,
awash and Turning with the current,

this I think describes our Attention Span , and its continued Renewal.

tumblr_mte93yMpZG1rhorj5o9_500.jpg

Those on the bank would advise steering towards the bank
and getting out of the fastest part of the stream.

As you pointed out , the eventual Goal is to navigate towards the bank and join the others there,
although this would not be possible until one can STEP out of ones material Body,

Alternately the idea of riding logs would suffice,
as the logs are generally packed together,
and one has to learn balance on just one,
if one is to break free from the pack.
content

Yes, the metaphor doesn't sound irrelevant to me either. But I might offer a possible improvement. I think the metaphor might be more, but not exclusively, applicable when looked more from the perspective of the worldly reality. It appears that from the viewpoint of the Contemplation Level (5D), these series of incarnations, despite many difficulties and miseries, are natural, and that souls mostly do not complain about this "order of things" as designed and/or maintained and/or guided by higher/elder groups of beings. And probably a significant part of the process is already shaped by souls themselves. Needs, desires, etc. Heavier difficulties or complications of incarnational experiences are also basically obliged by the freewill of souls themselves in various individual and collective ways and in shorter and longer terms. I perceive that incarnational complications or miseries are not imposed by any guiding groups of authorities.

As regards the "goal", I want to remind the C's suggestion, "All of us have a long way to go, but getting there is half the fun". I take this to mean that we should be having a certain extent of fun wherever we are in general. We shouldn't need to wait for attaining a spiritual/evolutionary goal to have fun. In various forms, fun should be present in the "process" as well, not just in terminal or arrival points. Fun/excitement stimulates progress. The C's said, "Good idea to do what excites you." Although this might not be as simple as it seems, I think it eventually is. And although the C's also said "All who have fallen must learn 'the hard way'", I think life experiences in general are not supposed to be chore.

The issue of "time" is so associated with the notion of "postponement" and I think this is one of the main reasons for which our general understanding of time is problematic. "Patience" is such an important virtue that all humans are in need of developing and refining more and more but almost all humans, not excluding me, also have a serious problem of postponing. And this is also closely related to the issue of not having sufficient fun with life. I believe that, to a significant extent, I'm aware of the extremely tragic situation in the world, the situation with the humanity in general, which has been on-going for a very long time. Ok, this is a fact. And I feel hugely indebted to this forum for having made me much more aware about various depths of the situation. For me, this applies both in a negative and also in a positive sense. I mean, in the negative sense, there is an unbelievably strong and multidimensional STS control efforts on us and add to that our own STS orientation, which collectively has enabled the nefarious predicament anyway. Before or even deeper then that, however, there is such a positive fact that can gradually balance or heal the heavy impacts we have been suffering from the terror of the situation. I mean, I think the myriad types of explicit and implicit terror in our life have made us lose a great deal of faith in the essential goodness of being / justice / life / meaning / universe / absolute, etc. Even now, at any moment, we are either consciously or semi-consciously at a continuous situation of struggle or fight in our hearts and minds for checking, determining and/or refining our understanding of existence and life. Although the C's explained in various ways the dire situation, they also repeatedly described in various ways the absolute good on the platform of which all experiences are acquired, and they also emphasized again and again that we essentially are a part of that absolute core of existence, although this is at the same time a subject of a freewill choice, by the virtue of which we have been going through whatever we have been.

So, although, it appears, we should be keenly aware of the dire situation and organize as best as we can to counteract it as so honorably exemplified by the people of this forum, we should at the same time be even more and more keenly aware of the absolute core reality on which everything transpires, and our identification with it; that we are it, although this knowledge and/or belief will obviously need to be purified more and more in various levels of being. I mean, I don't think that there is any higher legitimate authority out there who or which determines the value or meaning or destiny of our being or specifically dictates what we have to do, experience and/or arrive at. It is "eventually" us determining ourselves, which can very well include going into non-existence at one extreme.

The issue of "postponing" is also about this, as I approach it. The most beautiful, the most satisfying, the most uplifting thought and/or feeling of all existence relatively free of our specific and local conditions can be experienced at any moment. Of cources, these "most" phrases are relative and also subject to evolution of awareness but this doesn't mean they cannot have a certain connection to the absolute from our local level. And again, of course, such an inclination of internal enquiry for such a thought/feeling is not supposed to cause us to deny our awareness of our current local reality involving the known dire conditions but, on the contrary, to help us become gradually more capable of counteracting it by improving our inner existential trust. My suggestions, which certainly need lots of mirroring, are basically indiviudalistic and I believe that the invaluable networking efforts being offered through this forum are already based on the most beneficial motives for all humanity, and more collective rather than strictly individualistic. This is so inexpressibly valuable and I'm so thankful for benefiting from it and also have a good opportunity of sharing my various thoughts, beliefs, speculations, and have mirroring possibilities.

Time being an illusion (as well as Space actually), God would be an illusion

Reality is our illusion ; Illusion is our reality

Consciousness (as awareness) isn't an illusion, yet it is the witness and the master (who gives it reality) of Illusion

In other words, Consciousness is "Time"...

FWIW

What I forgot to mention is that we are inside a Barrel,
awash and Turning with the current,

this I think describes our Attention Span , and its continued Renewal.

I was thinking about the concept of attention span. Although I haven't looked up this concept specifically, I think that the shortness of span(s) of attention is a general problem of humanity. But at the same time, it is somewhat natural. As I described previously, I think the 3rd density is represented by the 3rd sign, Gemini, and its counterpart, Sagittarius. By its nature, Gemini is known to have a relatively short span of attention. Although souls will gradually have extended their spans of attention in the latter/Sagittarian part of 3D, relatively short spans of attention is a hallmark of 3D/Gemini as it is like the "childhood" phase/classroom of the soul in the biggest picture, as I understand it. Continuously and rapidly changing attention of children might loosely be likened to incarnations. They are natural and needed/desired. An unnaturally long/uninterrupted span of attention would bore and overwhelm children especially when lives involve so much corruption. I think fresh lives promote survival of attention (however short it is), hope, joy, learning, etc. Longer spans of attention and longer incarnations in terms of amount of learning and 5D contemplation are enabled by the level of progress but this is obviously a general and even rough approach. In the process of enjoying very rapid shifts of attention or awareness, a child is secured primarily by their parents. And I think, likewise, 3D souls' spans of incarnations are secured by certain parenting groups of higher dimensional beings.

Sow said:
Time being an illusion (as well as Space actually), God would be an illusion
Hi Sow. I'll say yes and no. There is a certain (but not absolute) difference between God in the sense of 7D (Godhead) and God in the sense of all other density levels. I think 7D in specific doesn't involve any time but all other density levels involve or have a certain attention in time. I guess, wherever there is "experience", there must be "time" in some way. So I think in this line of thinking that there is no experience in 7D when it is taken in isolation. It is what enables or sources all time, all space, all experience. Where there is "absolute oneness" (think about it, "%100 perfect oneness/sameness/purity"), this means there is no separation, no alteration, no a second thing or concept, let alone persons or experiencers. So probably this also means "no awareness". So 7D (pure being) by itself is unaware of itself. But it actually gets aware of itself through other density levels, which are somewhat diluted 7Ds, or extensions of pure being diluted at various percentages. It appears that in order for the birth of awareness, there should be partial distortion/separation/estrangement. And I'm not sure but this might be vital/compulsory for the continuation of being.

I try to analyze the following suggestions:

Q: (L) Is the ultimate creator self-conscious and self-aware?

A: Yes and no.

A: ... And, remember, there is only one "God," and that the creator includes all that is created and vice versa!

A: It is the grand illusion which is there for the purpose of learning.

Q: (L) And who put the illusion into place?

A: The Creator who is also the Created. Which is also you and us and all. As we have told you, we are you and vice versa. And so is everything else.

Q: (L) Is the key that it is all illusion?

A: Basically, yes.

Q: (L) What is your philosophy?

A: One.

Back
Top Bottom