Italian books on a gluten-free diet?

Aiming

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Hello all,

so far, I've been looking in vain for Italian books on a gluten-free diet, low-carb or paleo diet, or something along the lines of Nora Gedgaudas' Primal Body Primal Mind.

We have an Italian aunt living in Italy, who's a nurse, who loves to read and she has expressed her interest in knowing the scientific background of a gluten-free diet. Visiting her, she first thought the no-gluten-thing was just a fad with nothing behind it, which had us share our experiences with eating that way, but of course, having been entrenched in the pizza-pasta lifestyle all her life, she has nothing else to go on.

So I've been looking for books, first skimming our reading list here and looking for translations, but the one and only one I found is a translation of Wheat Belly from William Davis - but unfortunately there's no single printed book available, only an ebook - while the auntie would need an actual material book.

Also, as far as I could see, there's no comprehensive article on the topic on Italian SOTT yet.

So, does anybody have a recommendation in this regard?

Hi aiming, can't suggest at the moment any books in italian on glutten free diet but you can try to suggest to your aunt the following article on keto diet written by Gaby and translated in italian:
La Dieta Chetogenica - Un Quadro Generale -- Sott.net
And this excelent sott video (with italian subtitles) on saturated fats as a start:

So I've been looking for books, first skimming our reading list here and looking for translations, but the one and only one I found is a translation of Wheat Belly from William Davis - but unfortunately there's no single printed book available, only an ebook - while the auntie would need an actual material book.

She can get a kindle or similar. The thing is, that is the best book.

There's also Robb Wolf's book translated:

Thank you both for your suggestions, Andrian and Gaby! That's already helpful for starters. I'll see whether she'll be open to reading with a kindle. If she's indeed interested enough, the lack of a paperback shouldn't be a hindrance to her.

There's also Robb Wolf's book translated:

Thanks for this, at least there's a second option. It is interesting that there's so significantly little available on this topic in Italy, as if the 'staple food' pasta is still a big holy cow.

Back
Top Bottom