Javier Milei has been elected president of Argentina

Violent afternoon in Buenos Aires due to the "Ley Bases" law, in discussion at the moment, that would give extraodinary powers to the Executive branch:

The draft of the Basic Law includes a package of measures ranging from the delegation of powers to the Executive Branch, privatizations and concessions of state-owned companies, the repeal of the pension moratorium, adjustments in the income tax and the monotax, the dissolution of public agencies, interventions, trust funds and labor reform, among others.

The mainstay of this bill is the granting of extraordinary powers to the Executive Branch, for which it is proposed to declare a public emergency in the administrative, economic, financial and energy areas for a period of one year.

Latest news, which I ran into tonight, Milei wants to send some airplanes to Ukraine.. alienating Russia and China against Argentina, what could go wrong?

following the news:

Argentina joins the Ukrainian Defense Contact Group (UDCG).

It is basically the NATO (Ramstein) base from which that organization plans actions for Ukraine.

*It does not mean that we will send troops or planes.

"I am pleased to welcome Argentina as a new member. Minister Petri, good to have you with us," said Austin, U.S. Secretary of Defense.

And there go years of good relations with Russia... :headbash:

(I use that link because clarin's content is behind a paywall)

Complaints from the Russian government about Javier Milei's approach to Zelenski

The Russian ambassador in Buenos Aires said that Argentina's decision causes them "deep disappointment".
He warned that they will take as a "hostile act" any military aid to Ukraine.

-----------------

President Vladimir Putin made it known through his ambassador in Buenos Aires, Dmitry Feoktistov, that he is upset by the deepening of relations between the government of Javier Milei and Volodimir Zelenski.

The diplomat, moreover, warned that his country will consider as a "hostile act" any military transfer provided by Argentina to Ukraine in the middle of the war being waged in that territory, which broke out after the Russian invasion of 2022.

The idea of military transfer is for now part of a plan of the Argentine government, which emerged not only as a request of Zelenski but also as part of a demand of the United States and European powers to accept Argentina as a "global partner" of NATO.

Suddenly, the idea of the Russians targeting NATO bases in this part of the world is not so far-fetched...

Argentina is actively helping Ukraine. 16 humanitarian aid packages worth USD 600,000 have already been providedA delegation of the Ukrainian Government began its first working visit to Latin America with talks in Argentina. Meetings were held with Vice President of Argentina Victoria Villarruel, Minister of Foreign Affairs, International Trade and Worship Diana Mondino, Minister of Security Patricia Bullrich, Minister of Economy Luis Caputo, Minister of Defence Luis Petri.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ :headbash:

Well, it's right up Villarruel's alley, hanging out with nazis...

I've been asking around, and I get the feeling from most of my old friends that they a) don't even understand how Milei could have gathered so many votes, and b) think/know he is CRAZY and dangerous for the country. And from the people who voted for him, I get either silence, or (with their heads down and looking ashamed) "well, he's crazy, but maybe given some time, he'll improve?":umm:

So, from that small sample, maybe people will start seeing something, but it needs to get pretty bad before they do, like the Cs predicted for many places.

I've been asking around, and I get the feeling from most of my old friends that they a) don't even understand how Milei could have gathered so many votes, and b) think/know he is CRAZY and dangerous for the country. And from the people who voted for him, I get either silence, or (with their heads down and looking ashamed) "well, he's crazy, but maybe given some time, he'll improve?"
Yeah. I follow a lot of libertarians on Twitter, and most of their takes on Milei are just that they like that he is making the government smaller and that's it. It's such a shallow view of him and really shows how little people look into things as long as some surface level stuff is to their liking. I guess they don't bother to think about what it means that he is cozying up to Israel and the US, even though those same people are critical of Western foreign policy.

It's been a while since I've posted news here. There is a lot to tell and I don't know if I can summarize it.

Missing children, possible human trafficking and other obscure things that could be linked to the current government.

And the last thing that came up:

President Javier Milei has ordered the dissolution of the Federal Intelligence Agency (AFI) based on the results obtained within the framework of the agency's intervention that took place last December 12, 2023. In its place, the governing body of the National Intelligence System (SIN) will be a State Secretariat.

But let's focus on the image.

GSkWr0mXoAA38Y0.jpeg

I don't know, but I am of the opinion that they are leaving pretty clear messages. You know how it is. They warn, so as not to violate free will.

Back
Top Bottom