John Butler - Discovering Stillness.

SlipNet

The Living Force
I've found this really interesting old fella on youtube called John Butler. He's lived a colourful life, served in the army, been a voluntary farmer in Peru, got depression in his middle age, and yet still found the grace to love what he calls "the stillness of god". His youtube channel is really interesting, and he's an engaging speaker, he quietly draws you in. I find people like this to be tremendously inspiring; I genuinely hope I feel half of what he's feeling when I reach my seventies, that's for sure. A very humble and gracious soul, with a sharp intellect too.

And Part 2.

I've just got to add, his metaphor for meditation being like an aeroplane reaching the open sky above a cloudy day is just superb. He's a niche figure for sure, but I'm a real fan already, and I only found his channel before christmas.

SlipNet. Thank you for those two videos. Slow moving and gentle describing a very different life compared to a lot of
us.

The 2nd half of the 2nd video reminds me a lot of what St. Paul was saying in a very indirect way. It really was lovely to listen to and I will be listening to them again.

SlipNet. Thank you for those two videos. Slow moving and gentle describing a very different life compared to a lot of
us.

The 2nd half of the 2nd video reminds me a lot of what St. Paul was saying in a very indirect way. It really was lovely to listen to and I will be listening to them again.

Ah, that's good to hear, thanks. I was amazed when his videos started coming up on my recommendations page on youtube, so my curiosity drew me in. He's a real one of a kind, fascinating amount of videos on his channel, all addressing different points. I'd love to sit down with him and smoke a cigar while discussing these ideas!:-D Sub to his channel, he's still putting out regular content, and it's always good.

I need to read more about Paul, just finished reading some background threads in the last few days, so I've got a fair bit of reading ahead of me. That's fine as I have the available time. Paul was clearly from what I've discerned so far as being the beating heart of the Jesus/Caesar mythos. He was the transmitter of truth through the medium.

Paul was clearly from what I've discerned so far as being the beating heart of the Jesus/Caesar mythos. He was the transmitter of truth through the medium
[/QUOTE

That's a wonderful way to describe him. Laura has pointed out places where imput seems to have been added to his epistles. Makes you wonder what has been destroyed. We are so lucky with what we have and a person like Laura to pave the way for us.

Oh absolutely I agree. So much more reading to come for me no doubt. I await the new book with real anticipation. What Christianity could have become if it was based purely on the truth is exercising my mind much more these days.

This is a nice little chat where the question of what is one to do in a world of multitudes is addressed. The sheer scale of the world dwarfs the individual, how is one to find their ultimate place? And how much good can one do? In a roundabout way he explains how making yourself useful to the universe/god is the correct plan of action. I know, nothing new here to forum readers, but it was nice to hear the old fella telling his tale. His theme of less of me, more of god, niggles at me. I'm not a fan of self-destruction after all. But bearing in mind the need to cleanse oneself and allow the inpouring of cosmic energies, I think I know what he's getting at.

It's a curious idea, just who, what and how much we are a presence in this world. It's so simple to look at oneself and consider yourself to be of little consequence, but that perspective changes greatly if affected by ill-health or beareavement, that's for sure. When I'm ever ill I become far more attentive to the movings of the universe. People need humbling, and I'm no different.

Just found a new vid, featuring John Butler and Rupert Sheldrake in conversation. Gentle chat about meditation, nature, god, sainthood, baptism and NDE's (!), just a great meeting of spiritually inclined people. I love these two venerable old fellas, so I'm a bit biased.:-D I can't help but feel after spending time with minds like these that a little more spiritual decency, and expanded cosmic awareness in folk would improve our society immeasurably. A rather inspiring listen.

Back
Top Bottom