Jordan Peterson’s wife, Tammy, still in hospital after surgery complications

fabric

SuperModerator
FOTCM Member
I wasn’t able to fit this into any of the existing threads and perhaps this deserves its own one so here it is.

For those that have been following JP, you may have heard that is wife was diagnosed with cancer and there wasn’t much information forthcoming. Someone has compiled the most recent news here in this reddit thread. I’m sharing it here for those who are interested.

I’m also thinking, maybe we can (and if so inclined) include Tammy (and JP) in our prayers. As the saying goes, behind every great man is a great woman. I know that while JP doesn't have the whole picture (in fact, none of us do really), there is alot of what he does that complements some of what is discussed here and does more good than harm. That's something considering the lack of any real good role models that are in the 'spotlight' so to speak.

I really hope things do work out for them and that Tammy gets better! 💐

Thank you for providing this! I knew Mrs. Peterson was ill, but was completely unaware of the situation’s seriousness. I am stunned by the absolute consistency of Dr. Peterson’s ‘leadership by example’. The parts of the updates where he seems to chide himself for not being as attentive to those in crisis- of course he turns it into a lesson, which makes me smile. Even in the midst of such pain and turmoil Dr. Peterson continues to bring us lessons, driving them home through his lived example. May his wife find the knowledge that brings the key to her complete healing.

I’m also thinking, maybe we can (and if so inclined) include Tammy (and JP) in our prayers.

Well, crap. Thanks for posting all that, becuz I had been wondering for awhile now and didn't know he was sending out those updates.

The C's have said that JP is a "great soul", and I'm not gonna argue.

Obviously, he didn't do all he has done alone even if he is the public face of the couple. I imagine that in such circumstances, Tammy may very well be "targeted". You never know - there could be lots of other variables. But it wouldn't surprise me...

In any case, I just stopped what I was doing and said a few words to The Man Upstairs, all his co-linear buddies, ancestors, and anybody else who'd listen.
:halo:

Thank you for sharing, I had no idea that Tammy's condition continues to be so severe. She is definitely added to my prayers. 🙏:love:

Though she is not as public as Peterson is, she shines through his words every time and it is obvious that she is the Great Woman behind all he is and all he does.

What a fantastic example of how to keep your head up and not collapse into despair in the face of great suffering. Reminds me a lot of Laura and Pierre and the entire Chateau crew.

I'll keep Tammy in my thoughts and prayers too. Thanks for sharing the update, Fabric.

Thanks for posting this Fabric, this is truly bad news..
Obviously, he didn't do all he has done alone even if he is the public face of the couple. I imagine that in such circumstances, Tammy may very well be "targeted". You never know - there could be lots of other variables. But it wouldn't surprise me...

That was the first thing that crossed my mind when I read this and it wouldn't surprise me either. I think prayers for Tammy is a great idea, will be adding her to my prayers too.

This does not look or sound good at present.It appears her organs are being attacked by the breakdown in her immune system. Not sure JP will go outside the traditional treatment for Tammy and there lies a major blockage in a better recovery plan. The coming months may prove very difficult for him to continue his work. So sad!

I am deeply saddened about Tammy’s health problems, I didn’t know they were still ongoing. I’ve attended two of Peterson’s talks in Sydney & seeing him live both times touched me deeply. It wouldn’t surprise me if higher forces of the malevolent kind would want to take her out in order to stop JBP in his tracks.

Sending her prayers is a great idea, thanks for creating this thread, fabric.

This whole thing brings to mind something I watched on Tuesday. I was watching something else on Amazon Prime and there was an advertisement for what I thought was a show "from the creator of This is Us" of which I am a big fan. So I decided to watch it. Turns out it was a movie titled, 'Life Itself.' In it, the first character introduced has met the woman of his dreams. She's no longer part of his life but it's uncertain why early on. The woman is going to school and has decided to write a thesis on "the unreliable narrator." The idea is that every narrator is unreliable because of their own subjective take on a story that has already occurred for which they were not actually present. I guess similar to the nuances discussed by Colingwood's 'Idea of History.' She goes on to speculate that the only way a narrator could be accurate was by narrating an event as it occurs. (One could actually argue that even that would have some discrepancies.) But to get to the point, she extrapolates that life itself is the ultimate unreliable narrator because it inevitably throws some unexpected tragedy our way when we least expect it. But the take away message from the movie is that if we can pick ourselves back up and go just a little farther, there is love.

Her paper was not a success and was criticized by her professor, but of course served as a theme for the movie. I thought it was masterfully done. Dan Fogelman does human relationship drama like nobody else in my opinion. Big fan.

Of course the Peterson family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

omg, thank you for sharing this information. I have to admit I only followed JP very loosely in the last months and was not aware at all of the serious condition of his wife Tammy. To read his updates was causing pain in my guts. I feel so much for her. I will include her (and the rest of the family) in my prayers, too. I really do hope she will recover very soon.

Back
Top Bottom