Landmark Education Forum: Sinister Mind Control

F

filia

Bonjour l� ! Salutations � chacun !
I've been through many life struggles before, problems with the family, worries about my future until i have heard of Landmark Education that offers programs to improve your personal life and business. Whether you have relationship problems, depression, drug or alcohol addiction, or if you are suicidal, the Landmark Education Programs could help you improve your life. Now I can stand out, act and feel confident to face this competitive world of business.

This mind control stuff was founded by the notorious Werner Erhard who founded the sinister EST.

From Wikipedia:

Impact
In his survey of the self-help movement, Steve Salerno summarizes the impact of est in its day:

Werner Erhard touted a regimen known as "est," in which trainers would literally scream obscenities at followers in an effort to bully them past their hang-ups to a higher, more tough-minded phase of "beingness." But est remained on the fringe. It was too quirky, and its chief architect too flaky, to capture the popular imagination. Besides, like other upstart regimens that sold unabridged Empowerment, it depended on a worldview that was out of sync with what most people could plainly see happening around them. (Arguing for full control of one's destiny was not easy in the era of the draft.) [5]

Corporate changes
In corporate terms, est originally incorporated in 1973 as a non-profit foundation in the State of California under the name of the Foundation for the Realization of Man. An amendment to the articles of incorporation, filed in July 1976, renamed it as the est Foundation.

The "est" organization metamorphosed — supporters might say "transformed itself" — in 1980-1981 into the corporate "Werner Erhard and Associates" (WE&A). WE&A replaced the "est training" with the course dubbed "The Forum" in 1984. [6] In 1991 a series of name-changes saw WE&A become "Landmark Education" and "The Forum" became "The Landmark Forum". Landmark Education continues to operate seminars with similar methods and teachings. Steven Pressman, comparing the Landmark Forum with the est course, states that the courses' "words and phrases ... had hardly changed", [7] and that a Landmark Education course presenter equated the two courses with the phrase "when this work was first presented". [8]

As of 2007, Large Group Awareness Training (LGAT) programs like Landmark Education contribute to promoting the estian ideas and concepts of Werner Erhard, though without stressing his name, his controversial reputation or his ideological forebears.

Back in 1981, several co-workers of mine were into EST. It was "Werner this" and "Werner that"...their mindless dedication to this guy was annoying to say the least. They were constantly trying to get me and other colleagues to attend an EST seminar at $350 a pop! (Lots of bucks back then for a twenty-three-year-old.) By the end of the year, nearly half of the company's employees within my division had gone through the "miracle, life-changing process" that the great god Werner had conceived. When one of my bosses became an ESTbot, I knew it was time to look for other work.

After my job flight became apparent, a group of EST graduates...I use the term loosely, because they were always going on about attending yet another training session (for even more bucks) that would get them to the next level...got together and offered to pay for my debut. They assured me I would be forever grateful (and pay them back) once I had experienced the wonder of it all. Thanks, but no thanks, I said.

A few years later, while working in New York, I met a fellow who claimed he had walked out on an EST seminar around the same time I was being recruited. He claimed it was a con operation from the get go. For several months afterward, he was actually hounded by ESTbots via his home phone, work...and on the street...who kept telling him he was still "processing" and had to finish the program. Creepy stuff. I was glad I trusted my initial instincts...even if it meant leaving an opportunity to work with a famous filmaker in N. California.

Eventually, I returned to the West Coast. I recently ran into one of my former co-workers who had joined EST twenty five years ago. She had been all excited about Werner's plan to eradicate world hunger by the year 2000, and had volunteered countless hours for an EST officer in charge of the research and implementation of Werner's miracle plan. Suffice to say, she admitted very little came out of the effort...save for a string of acrimonious events that sounded petty and obviously ego-driven, resulting in Werner's miracle plan goals falling apart. She refused to blame Werner or EST, er, Landmark, because the training still had potential...only the truly initiated were truly aware. Yup, she was still "in training", searching for the final whatever.

Hmmm, I thought, if EST really is the way to enlightenment, there was very little light at the end of the tunnel. In fact, some of the light had been shut off completely. (I neglected to bring up the fraudulent financial schemes and sordid sexual, emotional, and physical abuse accusations brought against Werner by ex-associates and his ex-wife and daughters..which may have been the reason the EST brandname was changed to Landmark.)

If anyone tells me about the life changing wonders of Landmark...or Scientology...or whatever...I run (mentally) for the hills...but not before telling them it's junk bunk.

UPDATE/EDIT: The name of Werner's miracle plan was called The Hunger Project. From what I gathered from a brief bit of research this past week, the plan never did much to eliminate or solve world hunger. A lot of the organization's research sounds like a rehash of data already available from the UN, WHO, etc.. A Hunger Project website claims the organization is still active as of today.

It is good to use the search function on the forum, before starting a new topic. You will find a lot of interesting stuff, for instance:

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=2012.msg11784#msg11784

By the way, Google search reveals that exactly the same stuff has been posted by "filia" on several other forums. So, "filia" got banned.

There was a Dutch documentair about this some weeks ago. It is available online streaming but only for people who understand Dutch. I can post the link if anyone is interested.

Back
Top Bottom