Laura on Joe Montaldo's UFO Undercover

Approaching Infinity

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
Yesterday Joe Montaldo broadcast his interview with Laura on his show UFO Undercover. You can listen to the archive here: http://www.paranormalradionetwork.org/

It's a must listen, especially concerning the recent coverage of Laura's High Strangeness and Rich Dolan's endorsement of the book!

I downloaded the MP3 from their website and found that the first 4minutes and 12 seconds is just "blank" and then Laura's voice can be heard starting at "It's controversial. Nothing is cut and dry......"

Is there a way to download the full interview?

Vulcan59 said:
I downloaded the MP3 from their website and found that the first 4minutes and 12 seconds is just "blank" and then Laura's voice can be heard starting at "It's controversial. Nothing is cut and dry......"

Is there a way to download the full interview?
I don't know but the main topic and focus starts after a political preamble. It is excellent, great job Laura! Really enjoyed listening to that :)

Wow... this was just entertaining! It was good to hear Laura so lively. The host sounded like a nice person too. And with an hour and 40+ minutes of almost non-stop discussion there was pretty much new that I haven't heard of before. If only there were those first four minutes also.

But, nevertheless, highly recommended.

Pob said:
I don't know but the main topic and focus starts after a political preamble. It is excellent, great job Laura! Really enjoyed listening to that :)

Having listened to the entire interview now, agreed. Great job Laura even without the first 4 minutes.

I got a chuckle when they were talking of objects "disappearing and reappearing" - it used happen at our house frequently enough that we joked about it being the cats (we have 8 of them) that "put our stuff into another dimension" (perhaps) to mess with us and then later returned the objects where they got them from.

One specific example comes to mind: One night while watching TV (about 9 years ago), our remote control disappeared. One of our cats was on the coffee table. We looked everywhere including under the table and on the table (under the cat). It was nowhere to be found. So we used the old fashioned method to turn the TV off. The next morning, the remote was found under the table right under the spot on the table where the cat had been.

When our cats were very young, not all of our objects reappeared in exactly the right spot and some were returned later than 24 hours after their disappearance. As our cats grew older, the objects were often returned to their exact original location and within 24 hours. As our cats grew older still, the disappearances tapered off...

We cannot explain it, so we joke about it.

Vulcan59 said:
Having listened to the entire interview now, agreed. Great job Laura even without the first 4 minutes.

Just listened to the interview. it is great and laura did great in the interview. It is not really like interview and it is nice chit chat both talking.

I am not sure whether he is strategically talking but Initial warm up politics Joe talked sounds novice, it became very interesting , once the laura's work is talked. I was some what surprised at his view that we are not at WAR obviously he is comparing with WW II. Laura nicely introduced psychopaths and pathological people in the conversation.
One more striking for many sceptics is her explanation of bird 's view w.r.t snails view of worlds.

It's extremely unfortunate that the first four minutes and twelve seconds are blank - not knowing why, a lot of people are probably just giving up and thinking the entire recording is not functioning. Also, that would be when the book title is mentioned and introductions made - the way it is, it's rather difficult to know (for the average listener) what is going on. One wonders if a little High Strangeness didn't come into play to silence the intro...

Great interview, Laura! At the time of this writing, the survey results (listed when you click on 'Comments') "What did you think of this article" show:

100% Liked - 0% Disliked

Very interesting ;D

anart said:
It's extremely unfortunate that the first four minutes and twelve seconds are blank - not knowing why, a lot of people are probably just giving up and thinking the entire recording is not functioning. Also, that would be when the book title is mentioned and introductions made - the way it is, it's rather difficult to know (for the average listener) what is going on. One wonders if a little High Strangeness didn't come into play to silence the intro...

I had an opportunity to listen to the interview yesterday when it was aired. And even then the interview started abruptly and the introduction or the mentioning of the book was cut off for some reason. It took me several minutes to realize that it wasn't a promo of some sort but the actual interview.

So maybe that's why it seems that there is a problem with the recording - probably there is. It still doesn't explain why the guys who did the recording didn't at least remove those empty 4 minutes or add an explanation.

Good point anart, hadn't considered others trying to listen may give up!! :(
Have left a comment on there (awaiting modoration) asking why the first 4 minutes are blank/could it be fixed? I can't see any email addresses on the site to send a heads up too though.

Excellent!

Lay in bed around 01:00 last night , put my headphones on and listened. Except for the views that the world is so much better these days comments at the start from the host the broadcast was wonderful and Laura sounded great.

Also comical to see a star like object go across the sky and do one of its fade outs as I was listening in the dark and staring out the window.

Sorry to hear Mr Dolan is receiving a lot of Flack at the moment.

As always, this was a great interview with you Laura. And it seemed to me that Joe Montaldo warmed up to your intelligence and charm. ;) He seemed a bit unsettled at first, but then as the interview continued, he realized that Richard Dolan is right about you.

I, too, think that people may be put off by there being nothing there for the first 4+ minutes being blank. Strange about that.

Laura responded really well in this interview, despite that odd ~4min blank section at the beginning where the introductions should be. Unfortunately, Joe Montaldo came across as interruptive, bombastic, loud and egotistical, which spoilt the overall feel of it a bit, although he did improve as the interview progressed. And he sounded seriously naive about the whole war and political aspect of current events, which left me wondering about his objectivity regarding the abductee and UFO studies he mentioned being involved in. Laura dealt with it all considerately and with good humour, sharing important information along the way. Well worth a listen.

To be fair, Joe could have been really worked up because of the "300 emails" he said he got about my work, some of it clearly defamatory. We all know the effect that reading Vinnie Bridges stuff about me can have on an individual and that this is representative of the effect that pathology has on a normal person - they get inducted into the psychopathic reality.

So, if we just imagine the kind of crap Joe was treated to, I'm sure he expected me to be a raving lunatic and was pretty much challenging me to try to expose me as such - or not.

Yes, he talked a lot about side issues, but you kinda have to have a gift for gab to be able to do a radio show day after day.... I don't have it! I couldn't do it! So, my hat's off to him for that!

Back
Top Bottom