Laura's Book "From Paul to Mark" is out!!!! ... And in French too

I think it would be better and easier to ask these questions or any other you may have related to the subject after reading the book. Perhaps you will get all your answers after or while reading it.
But reading cannot be compared to talking. Never. It is the easier way, but I don't want to go that way. At least it won't be the only way.

I think it would be better and easier to ask these questions or any other you may have related to the subject after reading the book. Perhaps you will get all your answers after or while reading it.

Yes, that seems to be the most appropriate approach. There doesn't seem to be a good reason to read part of a text and then stop to ask questions that may be answered later in the text.

But reading cannot be compared to talking. Never. It is the easier way, but I don't want to go that way. At least it won't be the only way.

I don't think anyone is judging the relative value of reading or talking. The point was that talking about the perspective of another person is best done once one has acquainted oneself with the full perspective of the other person. Read first, talk later.

"There is a big difference between theological studies and biblical studies which is discussed several times in my book."

I agree. However, it does not change the fact that in Poland this difference is negligible. Unfortunately. But it's not a normal country, so it doesn't make much sense to talk about it either.

"... Academic study, for which I reserve the term 'biblical studies', by contrast is interested in
how and why biblical literature came to be written, in the constraints and nuances of the original
languages, the history of transmission of text and canon. It is by contrast uninvolved in questions
of authority or inspiration. "

I strongly agree with that.

Which is why I chose to use the approach of purely historical studies. In order to do that, I had to achieve a "beginner's mind", so to say, and leave aside everything I thought I knew about Christianity, and just look at it as a historical problem in need of reconstruction based on the best available evidence.

"Paul was not a fraud as I believe becomes clear in my book. First, by virtue of his theology and second by the attestation of the Gospel of Mark."

Your book may explain that. Does the Gospel of Mark explain that? I have doubts here. I believe your book is a better work to be referred to here.

Over half the book is devoted to the study of Mark and how it was completely a Pauline text. That is the section not to be missed. The accumulation of the evidence is actually staggering. But Paul and Mark only make perfect sense in the context I build in the first half of the book.

When I start reading your book, I may be asking you questions before I finish it.

In my opinion, you are talking about very important topics. My studies are not relevant here. What matters is the truth.

And I personally believe you are getting closer to this truth. After your last statement, I must admit that I like it very much. And I rarely say this. It was great and I share it very much! I find it hard to believe!

As Joe mentioned, you may find that questions are answered later in the book. Keep in mind that I am building a case, a series of sustained arguments, one leading into the next. And it is not true that there is no "new evidence". I've compiled a lot of evidence from various types of text studies that add quite a bit to our knowledge of those times. The redactors were pretty good, but they could not escape detection with modern methods of historical analysis.

Finally, I would ask you to consider that my energy and time is finite. I put all I found into the book, so do me the courtesy of reading it all before asking questions in the event that your questions might be answered and you might thereby save me time and energy.

Last edited:
However, once you have purchased a kindle copy you can change the kindle format into PDF file using the free app calibre.

It's a very useful little program I'm using myself with excellent results.

Hope this helps a bit. :-)
Thanks a lot for the tip! I need the PDF version to translate the text from English. I installed the Kindle on my Android and there is a built-in translator there, but this is very inconvenient. And in the original language, I definitely won't be able to understand something.

I was looking forward to this book. You can apply the words to me:
I felt kind of a massive relief, because finally, FINALLY Christianity and its history made some sense. Before, it seemed like such a mess in my head - you could tell and feel that most of it is a bunch of lies, but you could also feel that there is so much beauty and truth! And there were so many contradictions and opposing points of view that you couldn't just dismiss entirely, but neither could you bring them together: was there a historical Jesus? Were the Gospel writers good guys or bad guys? What about Paul and his role? Is it all allegory or history? Not to mention the confusing and often contradictory theology - in early Christianity and later down the line. And so on...

Many thanks to Laura for this fundamental hard work! 🌹 I have a burning desire to deal with this topic!

I got my copy today! And it is beautiful!I love the size, type area and page layout! I know these are seen as profane things, but for me they are not! I love it when a book is very pleasing to the eye aswell as to the brain! I have 40 pages of Mary Baloghs Notorious Rake left, then i will start reading it! Looking forward to it!

We are happy to inform you that Laura's latest book, From Paul to Mark - Paleochristianity has just been released!

If you are an active participant of this forum, you probably already know what a huge amount of work it represents. Laura's incredible dedication to digging for answers to the big questions, her tenacity and perspicacity in sorting the (likely) true from the (probably) false, and her ability to condense the results (hundreds of books and many years!) in a way that is accessible to all, is awesome and inspiring. We're sure that Paul (and Caesar) must be proud! :lol: :love:

For those of you who are a bit intimidated by history and biblical studies, please give it a try, and don't worry! It will all make sense in the end. And you'll be left with a sense of awe, and a deeper understanding of why we are where we are now.

Laura herself posted this on FB about it: "My new book is finally out. What a huge labor and now relief. Be warned: this is nothing like The Wave or previous books; it is an academic study couched in language for the layman. The Truth shall set you free." :thup:

It will soon also be available on our own sites (Red Pill Press and Pilule Rouge), but for now, you can order it on Amazon!

Amazon.com
Amazon.ca
Amazon.fr
Amazon.it
Amazon.de
Amazon.es
Amazon.co.jp
Amazon.co.uk
(The other sites should have it shortly.)

View attachment 45360
View attachment 45357
Happy reading!

[Added: The Kindle version should be available very soon too.]
I've been anticipating this release since the first intimations of its possibility some years ago. The sheer will, love, and sacrifice required to bring this work forward is staggering to contemplate. Thank you!

I can't wait to dive in! I hope our study, learning, and collective application will return some measure of energy, thanks/gratitude, and support your recovery and continued strength.

Which is why I chose to use the approach of purely historical studies. In order to do that, I had to achieve a "beginner's mind", so to say, and leave aside everything I thought I knew about Christianity, and just look at it as a historical problem in need of reconstruction based on the best available evidence.

Over half the book is devoted to the study of Mark and how it was completely a Pauline text. That is the section not to be missed. The accumulation of the evidence is actually staggering. But Paul and Mark only make perfect sense in the context I build in the first half of the book.

As Joe mentioned, you may find that questions are answered later in the book. Keep in mind that I am building a case, a series of sustained arguments, one leading into the next. And it is not true that there is no "new evidence". I've compiled a lot of evidence from various types of text studies that add quite a bit to our knowledge of those times. The redactors were pretty good, but they could not escape detection with modern methods of historical analysis.

Finally, I would ask you to consider that my energy and time is finite. I put all I found into the book, so do me the courtesy of reading it all before asking questions in the event that your questions might be answered and you might thereby save me time and energy.
"Which is why I chose to use the approach of purely historical studies. In order to do that, I had to achieve a" beginner's mind ", so to say, and leave aside everything I thought I knew about Christianity, and just look at it as a historical problem in need of reconstruction based on the best available evidence. "

Yes, "beginner's mind" is a very good and rare approach. Although, on the other hand, no assumptions as an approach is anyway a path where the only assumption is no assumptions. But this is probably the best possible way.

"Finally, I would ask you to consider that my energy and time is finite. I put all I found into the book, so do me the courtesy of reading it all before asking questions in the event that your questions might be answered and you might thereby save me time and energy. "

Of course, although it may take a while as I would like to do it very properly.

Now I have one question. If you could make your energy and time unlimited or much less limited, would you like to take advantage of this opportunity?

Thanks to your post, just hopped on amazon and got it on the kindle, too! Thanks to everyone who made it possible!
I just ordered the book and it is on its way as well, but I got the Kindle version too. While looking at the Kindle version a few minutes ago (Kindle for PC at the moment), I noticed that Kindle book has no page numbers and only shows locations out of 19213 for reading progress. So if this problem isn't only my side for some very odd reason, then I hope the Kindle version of the book will be updated to show page numbers soon. Thank you.

I just ordered the book and it is on its way as well, but I got the Kindle version too. While looking at the Kindle version a few minutes ago (Kindle for PC at the moment), I noticed that Kindle book has no page numbers and only shows locations out of 19213 for reading progress. So if this problem isn't only my side for some very odd reason, then I hope the Kindle version of the book will be updated to show page numbers soon. Thank you.
I noticed the same thing on my Kindle, too. Not just with Laura's book, with a few romance novels as well. I am going to order the book, in case our computers and Kindles won't work any longer and use the Kindle version for the time being, as Kindle is easy on the hands and eyes. :-)

Added: This is weird. Dutch Amazon sells Laura's books, but From Paul to Mark will set you back 82 euros. Apparently, FPTM is sold by a company in Florida called Shoe Lala.:-O

And they don't sell the Dutch translation of Political Ponerology, but it is available in other languages!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom