Leonardo DiCaprio - A "UN messenger of Peace" for Climate Change

Keyhole

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Leonardo DiCaprio (UN Messenger of Peace) at the opening of Climate Summit 2014 Link :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTyLSr_VCcg

According to Leonardo, the ice caps are melting dramatically and people are also not paying enough attention. This is circulating far and wide on FB, perhaps they are preparing the masses for some drastic pro-climate change laws/restrictions in the near future?

Cut down on meat consumption, energy usage and maybe even smoking? :huh:

The distraction efforts of the PtB are in high gear, with ISIS bogeymen, global warming scam, cold war 2.0 and on and on. It makes the head spin at the amount of lies that are being spewed. That various Hollywood pinheads are being used is no surprise.

Keyhole said:
According to Leonardo, the ice caps are melting dramatically and people are also not paying enough attention.

Isn't that ironic? If people were paying attention, they'd know the icecaps are increasing dramatically! Reminds me of a line from the 1994 movie, Dumb and Dumber (paraphrasing): "She broke up with me because she said I don't listen to her or something like that, I don't remember, I wasn't paying attention"....

Keyhole said:
This is circulating far and wide on FB, perhaps they are preparing the masses for some drastic pro-climate change laws/restrictions in the near future?

Cut down on meat consumption, energy usage and maybe even smoking? :huh:

I do agree that it's a possibility but I'm hoping it won't come to that. Though this seems like the perfect opportunity to further vilify smokers, meat eaters, etc as you mentioned.
In the very least though, it's a distraction, like Aeneas said.

Nuke said:
I do agree that it's a possibility but I'm hoping it won't come to that. Though this seems like the perfect opportunity to further vilify smokers,

I am not sure where you are, but I heard on the radio this morning that the UK Labour party is pushing for big taxes on tobacco :

"Ed Miliband is to put the nation’s health at the centre of a 10-year plan for Britain’s future on Tuesday, backing the NHS with funding from a novel windfall tax on the profits of UK tobacco companies and the proceeds of a mansion tax on homes worth more than £2m.

In his final Labour party conference speech before next year’s general election, Miliband will tell sceptical voters he can bring the country back together and offer six ambitious goals, including changes to the NHS, designed to overcome “the greatest challenges of our age and transform the ethics of how Britain is run” over the next decade.

The NHS is generally acknowledged to be facing a growing funding crisis after four years of tight settlements, deepening demographic pressure and an inefficient system that splits health and social care. The Nuffield Trust has suggested there will be a financial shortfall of £2bn in 2015-16.

A mansion tax could raise £1.7bn, and had originally been earmarked by the shadow chancellor, Ed Balls, to fund a 10p starting rate of income tax, but that is now due to be funded by abolishing the marriage tax rate.

The details of a tax on the profits of tobacco companies – a variation of a so-called sin tax – were not available late on Monday from shadow cabinet sources. But tobacco firms, already subject to heavy excise duties and threatened with legislation on plain packaging, will be furious. Labour is likely to counter that the firms have a duty to help the NHS because of the link between cancer and tobacco. Estimates for the amount spent on tobacco in the UK in 2011 range from £15.3bn to £18.3bn. The cost of smoking to the NHS is put at between £2.7bn and £5.2bn.
"

Link :http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/sep/22/ed-miliband-speech-tax-tobacco-nhs-labour-conference

They are already making it harder to get healthcare if you are a smoker... It is looking like soon it is going to get a lot worse on the tobacco front. :(

While at first making it harder to get healthcare for smokers seems really bad. But then, for smokers of non-commercial cigarettes, it might be a blessing in disguise. I avoid doctors and hospitals like the plague and smoke like a chimney. But I also no longer live in the West and there's no blocking healthcare to smokers here. Nonetheless, the only useful thing about healthcare in general from my view is if one is in an accident or has some other serious injury, then hopefully they'll get the proper treatment.

About the man-made global warming scam, first thing that should be banned is the enormous number of idiots that spew hot air all over the place.

Speaking of another idiot that was spewing hot air at the UN was Victoria Beckham (wife of David, soccer player, ex Posh Spice Girl) of all people.:headbash:

_http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2769681/I-m-woman-mother-I-want-reach-women-Victoria-Beckham-speaks-UN-named-goodwill-ambassador.html

And Angelina Jolie has joined the Council for Foreign Relations.
Bought and paid for, these people. :curse:

Every thing coming from Hollywood is smelling very bad. :barf: Rotten eggs, I mean.

They know that people are in love with those idiots idols. These idols are puppets, so ugly that they give me nausea. Specially Angelina Jolie.

It says a lot about our society when actors are spokespeople for these issues. If an actor has a conscience and is informed about an issue (like Russel Brand or Roger Waters for example) then I think speaking out is great, but speaking out isn't the issue here. These people are glamorized for (mostly) paid propaganda performances. I highly doubt DiCaprio took the initiative, expense and has the kinds of connection to speak at the UN. More likely some highly connected group paid him to deliver the speech. It's the same level of absurdity as when Bill Nye the Science Guy, a children's actor and entertainer, is paraded around the media circuit as a spokesman for Global Warming. It's all very fitting given the ridiculousness of global warming 'science', but still so maddening that such idiocy is accepted by so many seemingly intelligent people.

imo, Angelina Jolie, Victoria Beckham and Leonardo DiCaprio are very talented and strong people, who share their passion and works with others and inspire many people.

They make mistakes, like all humans do, of course. For example, Victoria Beckham is using wrong diet now (some years ago she looked much better than now, imo) - i don't support the anorexia tendencies. Angelina had difficult childhood and youth (problems with her father, drugs probably, etc.) which affected her life.

But they are both mothers of many children, both very talented and socially active. And what is wrong with being a UN ambassador? Stevie Wonder, Paulo Coelho, Luciano Pavarotti and many others joined this mission. Yes, they are wrong about the climate change, but they sincerely try to help, it seems.

The same can be said about Leo, imo.

0014222d98500e58742112.jpg

Vladimir Putin:

Russian PM Vladimir Putin has praised Leonardo DiCaprio as "a real man" for his persistence in getting to a St Petersburg summit on saving tigers.

His first plane was forced to make an emergency landing after losing an engine, while a second had to stop after encountering strong headwinds.

"I would like to thank you for coming despite all the obstacles," Mr Putin told DiCaprio at the conference.

DiCaprio has pledged $1m (£635,000) to the effort.

Mr Putin broke off from a prepared speech after he spotted DiCaprio in the audience.

"A person with less stable nerves could have decided against coming, could have read it as a sign - that it was not worth going," Mr Putin said.

The prime minister said that, in Russia, DiCaprio's efforts made him a "muzhik" - or "real man".

Maybe we shouldn't judge the artists too strictly? ;)

Siberia said:
Maybe we shouldn't judge the artists too strictly? ;)

For myself I am not judging artists. I love artists. Good artists. ;) Leonardo is very good. But I am judging the machine, the Hollywood machine that use and utilize people, artists, for their benefit, and their benefit is not pax in the world, on the contrary. Hollywood is a big propaganda machine, it has always been.

Siberia said:
imo, Angelina Jolie, Victoria Beckham and Leonardo DiCaprio are very talented and strong people, who share their passion and works with others and inspire many people.

They make mistakes, like all humans do, of course. For example, Victoria Beckham is using wrong diet now (some years ago she looked much better than now, imo) - i don't support the anorexia tendencies. Angelina had difficult childhood and youth (problems with her father, drugs probably, etc.) which affected her life.

But they are both mothers of many children, both very talented and socially active. And what is wrong with being a UN ambassador? Stevie Wonder, Paulo Coelho, Luciano Pavarotti and many others joined this mission. Yes, they are wrong about the climate change, but they sincerely try to help, it seems.

I tend to agree with that, that many officials are just used in the bread and circus business, nonetheless it also shows that they didn't inform themself or have in this direction a blind spot as it happened with Naomi Klein too and as Laura said, that there is program literal for everyone you feel attracted to.

While searching for the above article about Leo yesterday, saw this pic:

%D0%A2%D0%B8%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%BA-(%D1%84%D0%B8%D0%BB%D1%8C%D0%BC)-%D1%84%D0%B8%D0%BB%D1%8C%D0%BC%D1%8B-%D0%B2%D0%BE%D0%B4%D0%B0-%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%B4%D0%BE-%D0%B4%D0%B8%D0%BA%D0%B0%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%BE-735605.jpeg

Some years after the "global warming":
-Rose? :D

The propaganda about the anthropocentric climate change is enormous. The last days with Occupy Wall Street (Naomi Klein y Chris Hedges were there), Obama, the UN becomes something very difficult not to buy for those that do not have some scientific data to refute this.
Maybe this news is also closely related:

http://rt.com/business/189928-rockefeller-oil-divest-fossil-fuels/

The elites need this propaganda very much. Having spread these lies, then they can sit back and wait to begin to erupt large volcanoes and other natural disasters to blame governments and companies to demand a NWO, and remove the little sovereignty that have left to the nations (and also it's necessary because "nature is against us all"). Worst of all is that in this way people will blame for disaster to those that will be demonized, when the elite is the real culprit of natural disasters. This is a big problem today when "kings" (those heads of the states) do not respond to citizens, but to supra-states or elites. So, the true responsible authority of government can not be controlled by civil society, and therefore that elite can not be blamed for disasters and be overthrown/sacrificed.

Gawan said:
I tend to agree with that, that many officials are just used in the bread and circus business, nonetheless it also shows that they didn't inform themself or have in this direction a blind spot as it happened with Naomi Klein too and as Laura said, that there is program literal for everyone you feel attracted to.
Naomi Klein case is quite strange, and a little sad. Maybe from the point of view of a person with great inner work, most of us look pretty similar, still believing lies to avoid stress. I don't know, maybe she has not studied the subject in depth, and is not sure how far are the rabbit hole and the interests of those who she has denounced so well in other areas. And keep in mind that the anthropocentric climate change also provides the illusion that this can be remedied with militancy and certain policies. But nothing will change. That only be possible when psychopaths be removed from power.

Back
Top Bottom