Liane J. Leedom

Guardian

The Cosmic Force
Looks like Leedom got her medical license back, with some permanent restrictions...and now she on the Board of "Aftermath: Surviving Psychopathy Foundation" with Robert Hare??

Geeezzzz, that's like putting OJ Simpson on the Board of NOW :rolleyes:

http://www.healthgrades.com/physician/dr-liane-leedom-ywsbq/background-check

HealthGrades has found sanction history for Dr. Leedom.

Other (10/19/10)
Action Taken:
License Reinstatement with Restrictions and/or Terms and Conditions
Issued To:
Dr. Liane J. Leedom; License # 031647; Petition # 2009-0128-001-013

Nature of Complaint:

The Connecticut Medical Examining Board previously on 05-17-2005 ordered and accepted a Consent Order in Petition Number 2003-0326-001-072 reprimanding the physician's license and restricting the physician's practice in part to the non-clinical practice of medicine and/or medical research. The Consent Order was based in part on allegations that from approximately August 2002 through March 2003, the physician's ex-husband engaged in the unlicensed practice of medicine while the physician was the Medical Director of a substance abuse detoxification facility in Bridgeport, Connecticut. During this period, the physician's ex-husband treated numerous facility patients, performed physical examinations, and sexually assaulted female patients.

The physician received psychiatric assessments during 2009 indicating that she may return to the practice of medicine and in March 2010 successfully passed the Federation of State Medical Boards Special Purpose Examination.

Action Taken-Reinstatement Consent Order

The Connecticut Medical Examining Board has ordered:

The physician's license to practice as a physician and surgeon shall be reinstated when the physician satisfies the requirements for reinstatement of her license.
Immediately upon issuance, the physician's license shall be permanently restricted .
The physician shall not hold, serve or be employed in any position as a director, manager or practitioner in charge of any medical facility or treatment center.
The physician's supervision of any physician assistants and/or collaborative practice with advanced practice registered nurses must be in conjunction with that of another supervising physician.
The physician's license is permanently restricted such that the physician shall only practice medicine in an office and practice setting that includes other physicians.
Immediately upon issuance, the physician's license shall be placed on Probation for a period of three years subject to various terms and conditions including but not limited to supervisor monthly random review of patient records, therapy, and the physician shall undergo an independent clinical skills assessement.

State:
Connecticut
Issued By:
State of Connecticut

_http://aftermath-surviving-psychopathy.org/index.php/aftermath-board-of-directors/

Aftermath Board of Directors

Liane J. Leedom, M.D. Dr. Leedom is a psychiatrist and Adjunct Professor of Psychology at the University of Bridgeport. She is also a survivor and has written books for survivors including Just Like His Father?, The Child Well-Being Workbook and Women Who Love Psychopaths.

http://www.jud2.ct.gov/crdockets/CaseDetailDisp.aspx?source=Pending&Key=a1902db3-6a22-4ef8-8ebc-d23d12167612

Defendant Information
Last, First: LEEDOM LIANE JOY
Birth Year: 1961
Represented By: 101507 A.B.BOWMAN

Docket No:HHD -CR04-0576794-T
Court: Hartford JD
Original Arresting Agency: CHIEF STATE'S ATTORNEY'S OFFICE
Original Arrest Date: 1/7/2004
Costs:
Sentenced Date: 5/18/2005

Overall Sentence Information
Probation with Special Conditions

[size=10pt]Statute Description Class Type Occ Offense Date Plea Verdict Finding Verdict Date Fine Fee(s)
53-341 Il Use Titl Phys,Srgn,Dr,Osteo U Misdemeanor 1 4/1/2002 Nolo Contendere Guilty 5/18/2005 $0.00 $0.00
Sentenced: 2 Months Jail, Execution Suspended, Probation 2 Years
53a-64 Reckless Endangerment 2nd Deg B Misdemeanor 1 4/1/2002 Nolo Contendere Guilty 5/18/2005 $0.00 $0.00
Sentenced: 6 Months Jail, Execution Suspended, Probation 2 Years
53a-64 Reckless Endangerment 2nd Deg B Misdemeanor 1 4/1/2002 Nolo Contendere Guilty 5/18/2005 $0.00 $0.00
Sentenced: 6 Months Jail, Execution Suspended, Probation 2 Years
[/size]

I did a bit of reading about Leedom and what happened with Noah's Ark and her husband as imposter-doctor. I feel sick. There has been so much "infiltration" of this good community of healers. I had no idea.

My ex-husband fooled me pretty badly, and I compromised my moral values to a degree. I let myself down, badly. I understand what it's like to be undermined by a psychopath, to be disgusted at myself. The people I allowed to be hurt most were my children, when I "sided" with my ex-husband against them to keep the peace with him. I didn't have the influence or authority of an MD.

What keeps me from giving Leedom the benefit of the doubt is the following letter she wrote in response to this blogger:

_http://psychopathyandmore.blogspot.com/2011/09/disgraced-psychiatrist-dr-liane-leedom.html

If I were her, I would rather get a job at Starbucks, than DARE promote myself as a medical doctor, much less an "expert" on what it's like to survive a psychopath. Obviously Barry Lichtenthal, her now ex-husband who impersonated a doctor, who she allowed to "run" her methadone clinic, was a very "skilled" psychopath/con man. A person with the privilege of authority and responsibility, as that of an MD, loses that privilege if they allow themselves and their patients be be so compromised.

Even so, not EVERYONE is so "fooled", or bullied or overwhelmed into "compliance" so that they look the other way, or don't even see, such gross impropriety. I won't argue that Leedom was not a "victim", but I will argue her choice to continue to promote herself as some kind authority.

If she was that easily overwhelmed, "fooled", or terrified into obeisance by her psychopath, then she does not have the necessary constitution to take on the responsibility of being a medical doctor, much less an "expert" on anything.

I don't mean this as an insult to Dr Leedom. If she doesn't have the constitution, she doesn't have it. I know I don't, but then again, I don't have that kind of authority or responsibility, either.

What raises red flags is her lack of humility.

Maybe I'd do the same thing

She seems to be incapable of feeling shame and guilt and that is the assessment we made in studying the documents we obtained about her case. (Some via FOIA). That she has parlayed her "victim status" into a new career - that is rather focused on making money, I might add, and re-achieving power over others - speaks VOLUMES.

That Hare has been taken in by this only goes to show that his experiences with imprisoned psychopaths may not have prepared him to deal with socially adept psychopaths.

Laura said:
That Hare has been taken in by this only goes to show that his experiences with imprisoned psychopaths may not have prepared him to deal with socially adept psychopaths.

Well you'd think the multiple convictions for Reckless Endangerment might give him a clue? :jawdrop:

This woman betrayed her patients in a most heinous manner, then cried "victim" and got off with a slap on the wrist in a plea agreement where she agreed to testify against her fellow psycho, who she'd been covering up for/supporting for years. :mad:

My respect for Hare just took a walk down the mountain.

We ALL get taken in by 'paths sooner or later, and usually more than once. Either you go through life distrusting everybody....which would be very lonely, or you get mixed up in the psycho stew now and again. This is Nature. People who work in the mental heath fields, DV, recovery programs, support groups, etc. tend to wind up in the crackpot crock pot more often than most folks, for obvious reasons. Published authors seem to be very popular targets too.

I think it's how we respond once the psycho/sociopath is exposed that really counts. Sandra Brown once co-authored a book with Leedom, but Ms. Brown IMMEDIATELY severed what appeared to be a lucrative collaboration with Leedom as soon as patents came forward with their complaints.

Someone recently pointed out to me that this forum was originally taken in by Barbara Camwell Ness/EOPC, and this is absolutely true. But just like Sandra did with Leedom, Laura and the group immediately took corrective measures when Camwell was exposed. The total lack of all the denial/"my ego can't handle being wrong" junk really does speed up the repair and recovery part of the post-psycho process.

I went back and studied how Camwell first presented herself so as appear legit. She used classic tactics.

She initially lifted several good articles written by other people, and reposted them to her EOPC site
http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,8379.msg61677.html#msg61677

Then she immediately associates "Yid with Lid" with Laura's (well documented) encounter with psycho hose beast Vincent Bridges:

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,8379.msg61692.html#msg61692

We're all familiar with the Laura : "No you can't publish my book" Bridges: "Waa Waa Waaa Waaa Waa" situation.

Please tell me what this has in common with Barbara's rant about "Yid with Lid?" Barbara knew this guy from her youth, they "found" each other again on the Net (Barbara probably tracked him down like a bloodhound after a opossum) and proceeded to have mad, passionate cybersex.

Ok, first of all... EEEWWWWWW!!

Secondly, they were BOTH married, and they were both CyberCheating. Barbara was regaling "Yid with Lid" with tales of how abusive her husband, Andrew "Dino" Ness, was. How he beat her, hacked her Internet accounts, etc. She's weaving this elaborate fantasy, while "Yid with Lid" is off in another window, having cybersex with another woman in California. This guy appeared to really love his wife, and he wasn't serious about anything...he was just part of the sticky keyboard crowd.

Next Barbara and this other woman "meet on-line" (Barbara probably hunted her down too) compare notes and decide to utterly destroy Yid with Lid's life because he's a two timing azzclown.

Whenever two or more of a guy's girlfriends get together and decide to chat with his wife, the results are pretty predictable. Since they're not Southerners, they used the Internet and "official" venues to go after him, as opposed to frying pans, large butcher knives and other assorted kitchen implements...which is what would have happened here. Yid with Lid should count himself fortunate that he doesn't live in the rural South, if he did, he'd have been lucky to keep his privates intact.

Yid with Lid had his "Oh shyt the Internet is real!" moment, came clean, apologized profusely, publicly begged his wife's forgiveness, pledged to try and think with his big head instead of his little one in the future, wrote "I will not play with my wee wee in cyberspace" 100 times on the blackboard, etc....and TRIED to move on.

Of course psycho Babs is not going to let that happen, nor is she ever going to take responsibility for her own actions, she's blaming it all on the guy...just like Leedom. It's the "mysterious dude" defense with a twist.

Regardless, exactly what does Camwell's Cybersex Psychodrama have in common with the Vincent Bridges situation? Having cybersex is about the only thing Bridges hasn't falsely accused Laura of??

Next Camwell presented a list of obvious (and mostly convicted) predators..and stuck the guy she was torturing for personal reasons, "Yid with Lid" into the list.

"Here's our list of the currently exposed - with links.
Some on our site some on other sites - we also list here their locations and professions where known"
http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,8379.msg62303.html#msg62303

We don't hear much from Camwell until 2009 when she learns of the Leedom situation via Sandra Brown. Then all of the sudden Camwell is the expert on Leedom.

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,11594.msg93784.html#msg93784

After this, she starts to feel comfortable, and sets up an intentional conflict between this group and Womansavers.

The more I read, the more I'm convinced that spotting a 'path is just a matter of time? All the good ones can mimic normal patterns of interaction between normal people for a certain period of time...but they can't keep it up long term.

Guardian says:
The more I read, the more I'm convinced that spotting a 'path is just a matter of time? All the good ones can mimic normal patterns of interaction between normal people for a certain period of time...but they can't keep it up long term.

They can't keep it up long term because mimicking normal patterns of behavior is a crappy way to properly take advantage of, con, and orchestrate conflict. Dontcha know.

Maybe the only difference in the "good" versus the "bad" (failed) 'paths is the length of time between initial infection and the diagnosis. Though some very failed psychopaths can go long lengths of time without detection . . .

What I'm seeing with Leedom and Camwell Ness is the use of the VICTIM card to avoid detection ESPECIALLY while they are in active con mode.

I am always very suspicious about a person who announces (insists, shouts from the roof tops)they are a victim, and uses that "status" to obtain recognition, or employment. That's a huge red flag.

"Real" victims, in my experience, often DENY they were victimized (when they were). They are victimized and remain unaware of it. When and if they are convinced, they want to shake it off as fast as they can. "Real" victims express no "pride" in their victimhood, or use their victimhood to gain entry or influence.

Hi, I recently came across this site:

_http://aftermath-surviving-psychopathy.org/

I decided to put the name of the site here to see if it's been talked about on here and I found this thread. I just wanted to note that Liane J. Leedom doesn't seem to be a board member of ASP anymore.

And I'm wondering what's the general consensus here of the ASP site and forum? Is it a good site/community to refer to as another avenue to teach about psychopathy? This thread doesn't point to it being so, but I thought I'd ask and see if there is any update on what's going on.

*edit: clarity*

It has been almost 13 years since my unfortunate marriage to Liane Leedom, and 4 years since I was released from prison for events both real and perceived that occurred during my brief marriage to the good Doctor.

I confess that there is a kernel of truth in Leedom's writings. On the other hand this brilliant (and she is brilliant) disciple of Hypocrites has altered, and/or exaggerated events to suit her own agenda..... To turn lemons into lemonade, and lemonade into a cash cow...Books, speaking engagements, notoriety, and more. Interestingly she has never once considered our son in her rantings, and ramblings.

Indeed I was a Con Man; at least to the extent of perpetrating business fraud on at least two occasions. In the past, however, I had never taken business home. Liane doesn't tell you that prior to my previous wife passing away, we were happily married for almost 20 years and produced happy, healthy, and successful offspring. My son, who disliked Liane (he had the right idea. She was awful to him) was erroneously diagnosed by her; stuffed with meds to the point he literally became a walking Zombie, and managed to come out of it only after I was arrested, and he went home to his older brother. A good psychiatrist tossed away the meds, and my son is now a happy, healthy well adjusted US Naval Officer who has served in both Iraq, and Afghanistan..By the way, that leads me to point out that Leedom has stated, and placed in writing that although I claimed to be a vet, I never served in the US Military. In fact I am a Vietnam era veteran with an honorable discharge (My service number was RA 12 658 274). Leedom invented this fiction to further her cause and fill her pockets.

She tells the truth when she states that I came up with the idea of putting together a methadone clinic to help her realize her dreams, hopes, and aspirations as a physician. I had no previous experience in this arena, but within 6 months Leedom had an operating and very successful clinic. That Clinic for which she vilifies me grossed over $20,000 a week after just a few months of operating. I confess that I* called myself "Dr. Mikey," more as a spoof than for any other reason. I did not practice medicine on any level while Liane was still healthy. When Liane became pregnant, she had an awful time. I drove her to the clinic everyday, then to her job at St. Vincent's Hospital, and back again. Finally there came a time when she couldn't work. I absolutely should not have done it, but on several occasions i did pass our medications to patients. The fact is, I never decided on dosages. I gave out medicines based upon the charted amounts left by Leedom. A good analogy might be that it was like someone coming into my home and me handing them a few aspirins in accordance with the label's instructions. No matter how i rationalize it, I was wrong.
Liane without question asked me to stop, and i did.

As for Liane saying she had no idea what was going on in the clinic. That is absolute folly. She signed every prescription herself, and she signed all the submissions to insurance companies, medicare, and medicaid. She can't deny her signatures.

As for me and this whole sex assault thing. It wasn't sexual assault. it was a bad joke. It became sexual assault after I got arrested and the girls saw a law suit and many dollars in their future. Leedom does not tell you that several years later, the suit was dismissed in Court because the Judge agreed, it never happened, or at least not in the way she alleged. And by the by, i was charged with misdemeanor sexual assault, not felony. I'll come back to that.

The Clinic was raided because one of our Nurses called the Department of Public Health about my medication dispensing. He said that he believed I was handing out drugs for sex. I was arrested and charged with all sorts of crimes. My bail was set at $1,000,000.00. The prosecutors said many women would be coming forward and they had just touched the "Tip of The Iceberg." The DEA took our safe out. They found NO drugs missing, and all properly accounted for. Not a single women said I did anything wrong, and the detectives interviewed over 160 women. Judge Damiani said that the bail was preposterous, and that he was lowering it substantially. He went from 1MM to 25,000 in one shot.
I plead guilty because I was told that if I didn't they would put Liane in jail. In retrospect I should have let them.

When I was sentenced, Judge Damiani stated ON THE RECORD, this is not a sex crime it is an economic crime. I was found guilty of one count of defrauding a public community, and misdemeanor sexual assault. I was sentenced to 5 years because the case was so high profile.

I am not going to get into Liane as a person, and the things she did to spoil our marriage. I will say that her live in boy friend got away from her as fast as he could after they graduated med school, he former husband became an alcoholic, packed his snow board and ran away to Nepal to get rid of her, and he boy friend just before me, induced her to have an abortion as an alternative to him leaving her, and he left anyway after she aborted. Finally, she was arrested previously for risk of injury to her children, long before she knew me..

Perhaps I have issues. I am not, however, the psycho she frames me to be.

Thanks for the "rest of the story", Barry.

You know, when I figured out that this woman had serious issues I should have realized that whatever she was saying about anybody else ought to be taken with a lot of salt. I just knew when I was reading her book that what she was writing about her own child was totally pathological. Now it is even sicker since it is probable that you are NOT the psychopath she painted you; that she would do that, and smear that all over her own baby???

I'm just gobsmacked. :headbash:

I haven't read the entire thread, but the name rang a bell...

So, that means that Sandra Brown was also taken in? Is she aware of this Leedom character?

Women who love psychopaths said:
After reading my ads, Liane J. Leedom, M.D. contacted me. Dr. Leedom is a female psychiatrist who had her own personal experience with a psychopath whom she met on the Internet and married. While some issues in her case remain unresolved, the end result was the destruction of Dr. Leedom’s life and medical practice. Her ex-husband was arrested and Dr. Leedom is currently unable to practice medicine until further notice.
Liane offered to assist by searching for research instruments and then gathered data on the women’s temperament traits, looking for the cause of their vulnerability to pathological relationships. I was grateful for her offer of help. Utilizing her professional training, Dr. Leedom was very helpful in assisting in developing the Women Who Love Psychopaths research survey.

Leedom claims to have written WWLP...

Added: Sorry about the noise, I had skimmed the thread, but missed the bit about Sandra Brown.

Ya Laura, believe a psychopath. He says "our son" he is no more a father to that boy than any random man on the street. He chose molesting women over fatherhood, but I guess he was satisfied with the other numerous children that he fathered. I believe Dr. Leedom did nothing but love Barry's son Justin. I heard Barry lied to her and told her that the family he was living with was mentally abusing him. He said they were horrible to him and that he couldn't wait to leave them. Barry does nothing but offer a string of lies to further the abuse that he put this poor woman and her children through. You plead guilty because you were guilty. She plead no contest most likely for the sake of her children. You never thought of them or your own children when you decided to take gratification from women who came to that office seeking medical help. You are a sex offender, a psychopath and a conman. You just conned more people into believing your lies.

You people believe a registered sex offender who thinks assault is a joke? http://www.icrimewatch.net/offenderdetails.php?OfndrID=1092530&AgencyID=54567&x=2a8e6700-5017-4519-a910-126f9950c004

You are all the characters, the ones who see evil in the ones who want to help others, and "good" in the true devils of the world. It makes me physically sick.

ignatiusbleu, do you have personal knowledge of what you say? Were you personally a victim of this guy? Do you know Liane personally as a patient or personal friend in real life (not on the net)?

I am personally involved and have met everyone involved in person as I was a victim. I think posting here might have been a mistake. I saw these posts and became emotionally invested. I try not to think about what happened, but when I saw people saying lies and twisting the truth I couldn't help my self in the moment. But I think the people here hate Dr. Leedom or have some personal agenda that no matter what I say it wouldn't matter. My words would probably be twisted into more lies.

Back
Top Bottom