Location, location, location

mamadrama said:
Apparently, this "island" was destroyed by a hurricane in 2005. In any event, I applaud his ingenuity!
there you go, when I saw this show- it must be more then a year ago this guy was braggin how it is virtually indestructable,
so much for challenging the elements :)

Stormy Knight said:
It appears that almost every scenario of the cataclysmic events includes raising of the water level so naturally the fact that I dwell on a tiny rock amidst the sea use to bug me slightly.
I'm not sure if you have seen "Super Comet - After the Impact", but I think that it sums it up well about the after-effects of an enormous comet impact. I remember that one of the after-effects will be a little 'Ice-Age' (caused by persistent darkness) (~20 days after the impact, according to this documentary or example) and the temperature will thus get really low, however the temperature at area's near the sea will not be that low.

Average temperature [insides of continents]: -30 to -50 degrees (except the area around the impact, but the area around the impact is not a great place to survive as well, because the air is full of sulphur)
Only near the ocean/ the coasts is the temperature 'bareable'.

But there is a lot of 'effects' that's coming before the ice-age (such as the tidal wave you were saying) and after. And it ain't pretty..

Or so I've learned from this documentary.

I've got a bit of experience there myself. A year ago, when I commenced my waking-up process, I was living in Tokyo where I'd already been for a couple of years. I had a decent job teaching English, and had learned enough of the language that I could get by quite easily without having to use English myself. Returning to North America was something I regarded with a great deal of trepidation ... not the belly of the beast, perhaps (I'm Canadian), but maybe somewhere on the big toe. It struck me as not a smart thing to do.

Of course, at the same time, it was hard to avoid the feeling that not returning would be an act of cowardice. After all, maybe I could help, if I went back home. Reading several of the comments here, it seems I wasn't the only one to have that thought. Other trusted sources have informed me, since I came back, that, as the C's say, it's not where you are but who you are ... so hopefully I've made the right choice.

In the end, family issues brought me back, and I've decided to stay for a while. My parents' house is basically a survivalists' dream, a much better place to ride out the storm, as it were, than the heart of Tokyo.

That said, there's a fine line between prudence and cowardice. Safety and Security at Any Price - the mantra of the 21st century western world - is a recipe for the latter, not the former. We all have to die sometime, and making peace with that truth opens up a whole new way of Working in the World.

I also had thoughts of relocation elsewhere, but like many of you have mentioned, I do have a clinging sense to stick it out till it gets bad. Also I have thought much of the Work and Faith and Family. I live in San Francisco, USA.

psychegram said:
I've got a bit of experience there myself. A year ago, when I commenced my waking-up process, I was living in Tokyo where I'd already been for a couple of years. I had a decent job teaching English, and had learned enough of the language that I could get by quite easily without having to use English myself. Returning to North America was something I regarded with a great deal of trepidation ... not the belly of the beast, perhaps (I'm Canadian), but maybe somewhere on the big toe. It struck me as not a smart thing to do.

Of course, at the same time, it was hard to avoid the feeling that not returning would be an act of cowardice. After all, maybe I could help, if I went back home. Reading several of the comments here, it seems I wasn't the only one to have that thought. Other trusted sources have informed me, since I came back, that, as the C's say, it's not where you are but who you are ... so hopefully I've made the right choice.

In the end, family issues brought me back, and I've decided to stay for a while. My parents' house is basically a survivalists' dream, a much better place to ride out the storm, as it were, than the heart of Tokyo.

That said, there's a fine line between prudence and cowardice. Safety and Security at Any Price - the mantra of the 21st century western world - is a recipe for the latter, not the former. We all have to die sometime, and making peace with that truth opens up a whole new way of Working in the World.

I'm not at all sure why one would want to be in a place with those who may not be on the same plane or knowledge level as yourself. It seems to me that it would be much better to be in a place with those who are like minded and share the same level of knowledge, and /or views of this world. How safe can it be to be with people who think that nothing is wrong with this world? These are the same people who would cut you out in a crisis, if your thinking is different than theirs!! Who can you trust if your knowledge is not the same as the people around you?

Things to think about..

gwb1995 said:
I'm not at all sure why one would want to be in a place with those who may not be on the same plane or knowledge level as yourself. It seems to me that it would be much better to be in a place with those who are like minded and share the same level of knowledge, and /or views of this world. How safe can it be to be with people who think that nothing is wrong with this world? These are the same people who would cut you out in a crisis, if your thinking is different than theirs!! Who can you trust if your knowledge is not the same as the people around you?

I am very confused by your post. How do the above comments relate to Psychegram's post? Who are these "people who would cut you out in a crisis"? Psychegram's family? People in Tokyo? And where exactly is one to find these "like minded" individuals who "share the same level of knowledge"?

Please clarify what you are trying to say....

PepperFritz,

I have confused my situation with Psychegram's. I don't have anyone in my family who can even begin to 'see' what is happening in our world, so I make the mistake of thinking that everyone must be in the same kind of situation. I would not want to be around anyone from my family when things start to get critical, as I think I would be cast out in a heartbeat to 'save themselves'. Without knowing Psychegram's situation with his family, I had no way of knowing if this was a good or bad situation to put himself/herself in. I do apologize for my assumption, as it was incorrect.

As for being with like minded people, I mean being with others involved in doing the work. I think this would be a very mutually beneficial situation. Think of the benefits of such a situation, a group of people who share the same knowledge of our world and it's current situation. Working and living together in an environment or community where all support each other and work to protect the whole from the PTB. Since I am basically working alone in my current environment, I see myself as one who can be dealt with easily when things start happening.

Hope this helps define what I was trying to state in my post

gwb1995 said:
I have confused my situation with Psychegram's....

I thought that might be the case. :)

gwb1995 said:
As for being with like minded people, I mean being with others involved in doing the work. I think this would be a very mutually beneficial situation.

Yes, I'm sure that it would be "beneficial" for those involved. Whether such an ideal situation would be likely, or even within the realm of possibility, for most of us on this forum who are endeavouring to pursue the Work, is another matter. But more importantly: While it is vital to be able to recognize and avoid people and situations that merely feed on and sap our energy and resources, I think this idea that only those who are formally pursuing the Work and/or are "just like us" would be appropriate people to be around when the you-know-what hits the fan, is something that needs to be re-examined.

There are so many variables to consider, which will of course be different from person to person. But, most importantly, aren't we all aiming towards an STO orientation? Is it STO to be concerned mainly with how others may serve OUR needs in such a situation? If we accept the C's definition of STO behaviour, shouldn't we be aiming to be of service to ALL who ASK, regardless of whether they fit our preconceived notions of spiritually advanced beings? After all, it may be our role to be teachers and guides to those who happen to be in our immediate environment at that time, to share our knowledge and expertise, regardless of their level of spiritual awareness. The C's have said "Where you are is not important. Who you are is and also what you see." I think one could also say "Who you're with is not important. Who you are is and also what you see."

I think there is a danger of getting caught up in a kind of "spiritual self-importance", to the point that that we forget about the issue of service. Obviously, we cannot be of service if we do not exercise enough self-preservation to actually survive and function, both physically and mentally. But is the aim really to congregate only amongst "ourselves", to be of service only to "ourselves", and dismiss the rest of humanity as somehow "unworthy"?

Remember, whether someone is formally pursuing "the Work", or has even heard of it, has nothing whatsoever to do with whether they are what the C's call an "STO candidate". "The Work" is only a tool for those who need it, not a kind of final-exam for STO candidacy. If we accept what the C's have to say on the matter, it is a person's Frequency Resonance Vibration (FRV) that is the best indicator of their orientation, and that has to do with their "emotional path", not their degree of knowledge or intellectual understanding. Perhaps it is only we "stunted" individuals who need "the Work", to bring us to the point of being able to recognize and become in tune with another's FRV, regardless of superficial appearances.

Things to think about....

I live in north central Minnesota, high ground with lakes with fish and game available. Although contamination would be a factor

From what I've read so far from the C's, is that it really doesn't matter where you are(country), we're all going to have to go thru this no matter what. I wouldn't want to be in a major city after things start to happen, people will panic, because they'll have no clue whats going on. I believe that is our job to inform them as much as possible.

I've been telling family members and friends a little at a time, as to what is coming. I don't overload them with information, because then they aren't quite as receptive. I've borrowed out Laura's High Strangeness book for people to read, and when their done with it, I point them to the Wave series on line.

The problem I have is my STS thinking, because I would tend to defend myself and family at all cost, and I know it would probably not have any effect on the situation.

The other concern I have, is the networking via internet, if it is taken away, how will we stay in contact?

Dick said:
The other concern I have, is the networking via internet, if it is taken away, how will we stay in contact?

We won't. One more reason we should start thinking about ways to network and work cooperatively with those in our immediate environment. And to start developing criteria other than "those doing the Work" for the kind of people we want to be developing relationships with

I currently live on the edge of a small town in a semi-rural environment. Over the past three years I have been living here, I have gone out of my way to get to know my neighbours and those who share my activities and interests (e.g. fellow dog walkers, nature lovers, gardeners, etc.), very much with a view towards the future. I'm always thinking about how these people and our various temperaments and skill sets would work together in a cooperative context. If disaster were to strike tomorrow, I feel pretty comfortable with the kind of people I am surrounded by -- I also know which people I would want to avoid!

If you don't know anything about your neighbours, or haven't formed any kind of interactive relationships with people in your immediate environment, there's no time like the present to start taking steps to change that. If you're not comfortable with those people, then maybe its time to start thinking about a change of environment. To just dream about an ideal situation in which one is surrounded by those "doing the Work", and/or who think exactly as you do about certain subjects -- or a future in which we will always have this forum available to us -- is wishful thinking. We will all have to work with what we've got; and more than likely that will not be "ideal"....

Our property is surrounded by 2500 acres of Wildlife management area, with my brother-in-law and sister-in-law living in another home on the same property. My sister-in-law is reading High Strangeness now, we will sit and discuss the state of affairs, they believe something will happen before 2012, just not sure. I just gave them the book a couple days ago.

Hello all, I'm really enjoying this post.

Somewhat recently I relocated to Oregon from Los Angeles. I am not originally from Los Angeles, I grew up in Tennessee and felt the unavoidable urge to get out of there. I feel my time there was spent well because where else better to go and test oneself in that temple of temptation devoted to STS. Having said that I have no qualms with folks who enjoy living in the city and no doubt there are many who have lessons to learn there. There are countless paths and everyones needs for growth isn't the same.

Upon determining to move to a rural area, I did not go through thousands of ads for places to rent, but rather posted a description of what is was we were looking for. When I say we, I mean me, my soul partner, Monique and two other friends that felt compelled to leave LA at the time, interestingly enough, none of whom were originally from the place, but rather West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Cupertino California. So I placed and ad for us all that read something like this.

"Looking for 3-4 bedroom house on at least 10 acres, goats and chickens OK, garden area and greenhouse area for four professional humans to reside in.........."

A week and a half later, I receive an email saying she has a house with three bedrooms she would like to rent. Not only did it meet our description, but it exceeded it, along with a gravity fed artisan spring that runs into the house, three ponds and forty acres of property that borders on 1,600 acres of a privately owned institute which has summer camps for kids and solstice celebrations and a lovely greenhouse. So plop..........here we are. :D

We all longed for a community in which we could discuss openly the concepts and information that has been presented in Laura's work as well as other sources for supportive growth while regaining a connection to our food and water sources as well as being away from the psychic sewage that is the unavoidable by-product of major metropolitan areas. now our closest town is at about ten thousand rather than ten million.

I want to be clear when I say that I do not feel that becoming self-sustainable or just moving to the country is the answer to the world's woe's, but I do feel that now is the time to pull together with those whom you would trust with your life and assist one another in expansion and growth on all levels. Just being in an environment where a simple comment while making the morning coffee with another person on the same page can spark a four hour conversation of insight and reflection upon ones life motivations is worth it all. Not to mention I imagine that working together in the garden is better than almost any "official" therapy to unwind the knots that we inherited from birth.

I do however suggest that one doesn't fall for the rural Utopia mirage that many fall into when living in an urban area. Thoughts like, "If I just move into the country, everything will be perfect." not so. There is hard work to be done when living on the fringes of society, but at the same time, it is no longer work when it is shared by people who understand the purpose of it directly. For instance, shuffling papers across a desk for 20 years for the sake of a paycheck to buy food, isn't nearly as rewarding as toiling in a garden with others with a shared sense of purpose.

I feel there are things we can do while in 3rd density to promote rapid growth. And I do feel that there are great benefits to working with others in person and having forums in person to discuss, learn and grow. Again the biggest pitfall is to have the impression of an escape to a Utopia. There is still the work to "have at" but it makes a difference to be in a supportive environment and to engage in what many would call, "work" together, not because you have to, but because you want to, which is again something that comes back to the people who are involved. Trust is key, and I've found that a group of people who have that trust can grow in ways that individuals cannot alone.

Just thought I would share............

Myth of Myself said:
When I say we, I mean me, my soul partner, Monique and two other friends....

We all longed for a community in which we could discuss openly the concepts and information that has been presented in Laura's work as well as other sources for supportive growth.....

It makes a difference to be in a supportive environment and to engage in what many would call, "work" together, not because you have to, but because you want to, which is again something that comes back to the people who are involved. Trust is key, and I've found that a group of people who have that trust can grow in ways that individuals cannot alone....

Hello Myth:

You are very fortunate to have successfully formed a supportive family-type environment with people who share your goals and outlook. It reminds me of the household that I've established with my "kindred-spirit" cousin and all our animals, in our little rural abode.

However, four people does not a "community" make, in the larger sense. Do you have relationships with your neighbours and interact with them on a regular basis? If and when things get as bad as we expect, we may be forced to "work with" those beyond our immediate "family" environment in a cooperative way. My concern is that right now we may be tempted to isolate ourselves from those not formally doing "the Work" and/or familiar with the ideas and concepts explored in this forum, and that such an approach may be short-sighted on our part.

Myth of Myself said:
I do however suggest that one doesn't fall for the rural Utopia mirage that many fall into when living in an urban area. Thoughts like, "If I just move into the country, everything will be perfect." not so....

Like you, I feel compelled to steer others away from "Utopia" thinking, which in many cases may be behind the desire and/or goal for an exlusive "community" in which all pursue "the Work". I think it may stand in the way of forming important relationships at other levels and bases, and being prepared for a time when we may not have the luxury of "choosing" who we will or will not form cooperative relationships with. I mean, the world is not made up of two types of people only -- those who do "the Work" and those who don't. The pool of people formally pursuing "the Work" is always going to be extremely small, so it seems to me that also networking on a wider, less restrictive basis -- say, by the compatible FRVs of those in our immediate environment....

I agree with PepperFritz that forming relationships with your community is very important. It also gives you many opportunities to practice external considering in varied contexts. You can have an inner circle of intimates with whom you can be completely open, and a wider circle of acquaintances where you can share some things, but maybe not everything, and so on. Doing things FOR your community is a good way to integrate with them. Since you talk about gardening, perhaps sharing some of your produce would be a way to meet people?

Hello PepperFritz, Laura and all,

Yes I agree that four people doesn't make a community. We see it as more of the foundation from which we are expanding outwards into the community around us. Like building a house, first one needs a strong foundation, and in this case metaphorically one built on trust, honesty and truth makes for a strong house.

We do have healthy interactive relationships with our neighbors and have been meeting others in this area who value the importance of trust and community. We have been exchanging harvests and labor with others around us for the sake of interactions and meeting others. It is refreshing to have a social gathering where everyone comes together with a purpose. It makes me understand what has been lost in communities and how dangerous people working together (on all levels) by their own accord is to the cages of isolation that we have inherited and accepted socially.

We are lucky enough to have two pear trees and and apple tree in our backyard. Ah the pleasant problem of having all the pears come into season and having to do something with them all at once. Thus, pear jam, pear syrup, pearsauce, cinnamon pears, dried pears, etc. etc. :)

Our area has a thriving agricultural community as well as an artistic community that we've been plugging into over the past few months since our arrival. None of us are seeking to totally isolate ourselves from society but rather we choose to not saturate ourselves in environments that we can no longer relate to. The motivations, drive and intent of the accepted "social norms" of how people interact or "mingle" and under what circumstances for the most part doesn't hold much appeal for us. Not to say we are anti-social, but modern nightclubs, meat market bars and political rallies aren't our cup of tea.

I'm careful not to view/judge others as being in the "club" or not as far as Laura's work is concerned. A person's character, choice of purpose and open mindedness is the determining factors as to how far and deep any relationship can go. Many simply just shut down to the ideas and concepts contained in the material because it is so far out of context from their world view/reality that they simply shut down to their possibility.
And yet at the same time, I have met people who are consciously pursuing STO as a preferable way of being, who have never heard of Laura's work which shows me that some seem to be receiving or already have this information on an intuitive level.
Like they always said back home in TN, "There's more than one way to skin a cat."
(Why someone would want to skin a cat is still up for debate but you get my drift ;) )

Granted it is difficult and a test of patience at times to interact with new acquaintances when all they want to do is preach to you about how, "Obama is our savior." and "If you don't vote you are causing harm to the world.". I don't hate or insult those who hold these viewpoints, it is their right to have whatever viewpoint of the world that they feel they are ready for, but I do not hold back my own viewpoint for the sake of "not rocking the boat" so to say either. I feel all interactions are a chance for knowledge, even with people where on the surface it seems most unlikely. This is where discretion, what I like to consider the scalpel of our freewill comes in.
Or as Kenny Roger's once crooned and mused, "You got to know when to hold em', know when to fold em', know when to walk away and know when to run......."

The truth will out!

I appreciate these exchanges

-M

Back
Top Bottom