'Make women great again' conference run by men promises to restore concept of the 'ideal woman'

Debra

Dagobah Resident
Well, well, opening themselves up for a lot of flack.
I agree, though, it would be so wonderful to...follow Nature!

"The conference's website calls it "The World's Ultimate Event for Women, By Men." Big bold letters claim it is "destined to be the mansplaining event of the century."
"Women today are being taught to act more like men," the website reads. "Where has that led us? Skyrocketing rates of divorce, depression, dysfunction, and America at the no. 1 spot in the world for single motherhood. No longer will you have to give in to toxic bullying feminist dogma and go against your ancient, biological nature as a woman."

I started this life out as a girl, and, for the most part, I have really liked being a girl.
As I grew older and became a woman, the "Feminist" world told me I had to do EVERYTHING a man could do, plus, Be a Strong, Independent woman.
Work full time, raise kids, fix whatever was broken, and for gawds sake, don't complain about it, because you are a Free, independent Woman....

[...]The site claims there is a "war on motherhood," and "women today have been pushed to … DENY their own feminine nature."

Great, nature make us all complemetary, and this is for a good reason, tested during millions or years. Obviously, laws must see us equal, but this backed fashion, asking people to act against their biology, and not to integrate it wisely, seems engineered by our STS friends.

some online newspaper said:
Topics include staying fit and avoiding obesity, which they characterize as 'not beautiful'
Women will be taught to be more feminine, avoid 'unhealthy militant feminism,' and have 'unlimited babies' before their eggs die
[…]
Several speakers have already been lined up for the event, including Anthony Dream Johnson himself, and Alexander J. A. Cortes — who famously went viral for his tweet about 'how to be a beautiful woman.'
His tips in the tweet — which were widely mocked and attacked — included 'be thin,' 'have long hair, 'shave,' 'wear pink,' and 'listen to men.'

Sounds wonderful. Granted that that tweet was ridiculous, but so was the reaction to it. I don't know about you, but I've got better things to do than attacking people for saying something stupid (even if I have to admit that I do prefer long hair and I like pink :lol:). I gotta say, "masculinists" and feminists deserve each other: two sides of the same coin. It's just like the leftist hysteria which provoked a (totally understandable) right-wing reaction. It started out as a good thing, but this is all going overboard and becoming a bit pathetic and caricatural. All I see is focus on physicality, appearances and an extremely narrow view of human relationships and "gender roles". I understand that things are getting so crazy and people are so lost that there's a need to go back to basics (men are masculine and build things, women are feminine and make babies) but this is all rather shallow and childish. Reading feminists' rants make me shake my head in disbelief, reading masculinist prose and their idea of what the "ideal" woman is/should be makes me feel "constricted" both as a woman and as a full human being. But yeah, these are the times we're living in. I don't know… maybe some very lost and confused women could get something out of it? Maybe.

I always wonder what these people think a woman who abides by “natural biological” laws truly entails. Looking at all traditional societies, women were not skinny anemic creatures, otherwise they would not have survived “nature”. Instead, women were strong and robust in physical appearance. Where I live in Taiwan, the aboriginal women are very much powerhouses, they need to be in order to tend to their land and take care of their households. These are “natural” women and I would never call them submissive either, their status in their respective culture is high.

I’m positive there are multiple roles for women in a more conservative, traditional society that abides by strong morals and laws that don’t only entail being a wife and mother. There should be no room for crude judgment on physical appearance, since for many this is right out of their hands and is based on genetics. I sure do hope that in such a society women would be able to make choices as sovereign beings in charge of their own free will to make choices that align with a high moral code.

There is more to this existence than solely abiding to natural law and biology. Physicality is controlled by biology, we are in this current mess because we chose physicality, how are we to overcome this if we are told unless we abide by our biology that we are not “natural”? And in this case I’m referring to having children.

I’m not a feminist. I just happen to be a human who was given titles at birth, ‘white’, ‘female’, then others later on ‘heterosexual’ etc. Titles that confine me to a program, bind me to physicality. The something else that is me doesn’t identify with these “labels”. This doesn’t mean that I don’t love being female, I do, I have no need to be anything that I’m biologically not. What really annoys me with topics like this is that I feel like I’m being told that who I am is wrong because I don’t conform to modern western views of feminity, I feel restricted. We are more than these labels, we are more than our physicality.

I wonder if abiding by moral laws and living a life that is in service to others, is far more important that living by natural biological laws.

I apologize if I went off on a tangent.

Back
Top Bottom