Making saline for hydrogen peroxide nebulization

I want to make saline but there seems to be conflicting information. I trust that saline and HP can be stored for up to 3 months refrigerated but this Healthline website says that water must be boiled for 15 minutes. It also says discard after 24 hours. What is the truth ?

A screenshot is inserted for the section from lewrockwell.com

I'm gathering that water should be boiled for 15 minutes. Then pour a pint (16 Oz's). Dissolve the salt. Add peroxide once cooled and then refrigerate. Any thoughts?Screenshot_20211104-191440.png

The boiling of the water may be required if the solution is to be sterile. Also, as sterile solution looses it’s sterility over time, if it is not kept in a sterile environment.

That said, except for intravenous or injected applications, it is rarely necessary to require sterile solutions. I regularly dilute my hydrogen peroxide for nebulising just with tap water, so if you want to use saline instead for that, just prepare the solution prior to use, if you have anything left, you can pour it in a bottle and keep it for further use.

Hydrogen peroxide itself is a disinfectant, so if any contamination happened to your saline solution, that would be taken care of by HP.

Hope that help!

The boiling of the water may be required if the solution is to be sterile. Also, as sterile solution looses it’s sterility over time, if it is not kept in a sterile environment.

That said, except for intravenous or injected applications, it is rarely necessary to require sterile solutions. I regularly dilute my hydrogen peroxide for nebulising just with tap water, so if you want to use saline instead for that, just prepare the solution prior to use, if you have anything left, you can pour it in a bottle and keep it for further use.

Hydrogen peroxide itself is a disinfectant, so if any contamination happened to your saline solution, that would be taken care of by HP.

Hope that help!
Thank you so much for your reply. This helps ease my worry!

It's also possible to make purified/destilled water at home, see here for example:

From what I read the tap water should be avoided for making saline, as most of the time it contains a lot of unwanted ingredients. I didn't have time to make my own and I ordered this: Gifrer Physiologica Saline Solution 40 x 5ml Single Doses | Sanareva
which is now £2.00 a box of 40 x 5ml if you order 3 or more boxes. I'm sure similar deals could be found in other countries.

I usually use 5ml of saline and 3 drops of HP. It has recently helped me recover from a quite annoying cough.

I should have also mentioned that it's 3 drops of 3% HP that I use. I know there're various protocols advising even pure, undiluted 3% HP but I found my earlier mentioned proportions worked for my cough. I read that saline on its own can be beneficial as well, but I guess it will be then even more important to have it in its purest form.

I should have also mentioned that it's 3 drops of 3% HP that I use. I know there're various protocols advising even pure, undiluted 3% HP but I found my earlier mentioned proportions worked for my cough. I read that saline on its own can be beneficial as well, but I guess it will be then even more important to have it in its purest form.
We use 7 and 1/4 saline to 1/4 tablespoon HP for a 0.1% solution. Double the saline for 0.05%

I used distilled water or sterilized saline solution if it's meant to go to the eyes, lungs or inside.
Okay. Thank you. So you wouldn't keep saline in the fridge mixed with HP as the new Rockwell article talks about?

Saline can be kept in the fridge for better conservation and if you had it mixed up with HP, it should be okay. I would aim to mix just the necessary for a few days though. Keeping things fresh is better.

También es posible hacer agua purificada / destilada en casa, vea aquí por ejemplo: [MEDIA = youtube] -AhtVcnktOM [/ MEDIA]

Por lo que leí, se debe evitar el agua del grifo para hacer solución salina, ya que la mayoría de las veces contiene muchos ingredientes no deseados. No tuve tiempo para hacer la mía y pedí esto: Gifrer Physiologica Saline Solution 40 x 5ml Single Doses | Sanareva
que ahora cuesta £ 2.00 una caja de 40 x 5 ml si pide 3 o más cajas. Estoy seguro de que se pueden encontrar ofertas similares en otros países.

Normalmente utilizo 5 ml de solución salina y 3 gotas de HP. Recientemente me ha ayudado a recuperarme de una tos bastante molesta.
Hola. Solo un apunte. En el libro de Thomas E. Levy, se aconseja cuanto mas puro el HP, al 3% , mejor efecto hace. En caso de no soportar el picor, rebajar al 50% con solución salina. Evidentemente también se puede rebajar mas, pero el efecto será menor, y se necesitara mas tiempo para que el tratamiento sea efectivo.

Hola. Solo un apunte. En el libro de Thomas E. Levy, se aconseja cuanto mas puro el HP, al 3% , mejor efecto hace. En caso de no soportar el picor, rebajar al 50% con solución salina. Evidentemente también se puede rebajar mas, pero el efecto será menor, y se necesitara mas tiempo para que el tratamiento sea efectivo.
Hola Javierus,

Solo un apunte a tu apunte ;), el foro es en ingles y toda la comunicación entre los miembros se da en ese leguaje, aunque tenemos personas de todo el mundo y es entendible que no todos hable o escriban ingles. Sin embargo para que no nos perdamos de tu contribución, podrías traducir tus mensajes antes de postearlos usando un traductor como DeepL.

Yo lo he usado en muchas ocasiones y la verdad que anda muy bien.

Un saludo cordial!

==============
Hi Javierus,

Just a note to your point ;), the forum is in English and all communication between members is in English, although we have people from all over the world and it is understandable that not everyone speaks or writes English. However, just so that we don't miss your contribution, you could translate your messages before posting them using a translator such as DeepL.

I have used it on many occasions and it works very well.

Best regards!

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Back
Top Bottom