Malaysian Airlines Flight 17 Crashes in Ukraine

Voyageur

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member

Indeed, the Steenhuis circus continues, and as John points out:

At Min 42:16 Steenhuis makes the crucial admission that the bodies had been tampered with by the Ukrainian authorities.

There is an article on SOTT that looks (in part) to one of the main fabricators of evidence for mainstream anti-Russian consumption - in this case, and not just this case. That would be the "The Bellingcat Boys" and the who is who within that hydra. It is a good review.

 

Palinurus

The Living Force
Yesterday, June 17 2021, the Public Prosecutors Office had a go at drawing attention of the judges and the defense to the points they deem the most important substantively. I couldn't find any coverage in English yet and only three reports in Dutch, two of which are very brief.

Source (Dutch only): Rechtszaak MH17: al het bewijs uit dossier gepresenteerd

MH17 trial
NOS News - Domestic - yesterday, 19:27
MH17 trial: all evidence from file presented

Gert-Jan Dennekamp
reporter

The MH17 trial has concluded an important phase now that all the evidence from the file has been presented in court. The prosecution today gave a supplement to the main pieces of evidence that the court presented earlier. The role of Igor Girkin, one of the defendants, was addressed in detail. The prosecution tried to refute claims by the defense that their evidence contains disinformation.

No traces of another plane were found at the site where flight MH17 crashed. Separatists claimed immediately after the downing of flight MH17 that they had downed a Ukrainian fighter plane. Thereupon they jumped in the car towards the village of Grabovo, but there they only found remains of flight MH17. The prosecutor said today that other investigations have not yielded anything either.

The prosecution in the MH17 case relies to a large extent on wiretaps of the separatists. The transmitter masts data is also a goldmine, as was evident again today during the presentation of the PPO. In this way, the Justice Department knows where those involved were during the transportation of the weapon, the launching of the missile and its removal.

Witnesses cited

In the MH17 trial, the Prosecutor's Office today quoted a witness who was present at the launch site. According to this witness, the separatists were excited because they thought they had brought down an opponent's cargo plane. But they returned in low spirits when it turned out that they had downed a passenger plane.

Another witness said in a telephone interview that the plane was brought down by the men of 'Strelkov,' a nickname for Igor Girkin, one of the suspects.

'Girkin had important role'

The prosecution today went into detail about the role of Girkin, the self-proclaimed defense minister of the separatists. He had an important role in ordering the weapon, the prosecution argued again based on wiretapped conversations. He was also actively involved in the transportation of the BUK on July 17.

According to the suspect Pulatov, the rebels knew they were being bugged and only disinformation was spread in the conversations. Another suspect, Doubinski, has stated in the media that the phone taps were tampered with.

Village was under fire

The prosecution today stated how they verified the information in the conversations. The weapon used to bring down flight MH17 was needed because the rebels were under fire in the village of Marinovka. The Ukrainian Air Force bombed them on July 16, a day before the flight went down. Many dozens of separatists were injured and killed as a result.

"It's a -flicking-g hell," says the fourth suspect, Khartshenko, in one of the overheard conversations, about the battle in the village. He lost ten men on July 16 and many more fighters were wounded. In a conversation recorded by his lawyers, Pulatov said that this too is disinformation. But the prosecution today presented several sources showing that the battle in Marinovka was fierce. Other facts about the battle - the deaths, injuries and loss of equipment - are all verifiable through open sources as well, the prosecution argued.

Pulatov also said he was not involved in air defense on July 17. But taped conversations today showed otherwise. He organized the air defense on July 16. And according to the prosecution also the day after.

The next important moment in the trial will be after the summer, when relatives will have their say. The trial will continue until at least the summer of next year.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Other sources in Dutch:
OM: géén ander vliegtuig neergehaald dan MH17
OM bespreekt belangrijke onderdelen MH17-strafdossier
 

XPan

The Living Force

🇩🇪 MH17 - Die Billy Six Story (2016, german) 1h 15'


A very interesting reportage from 2016, in which the investigative journalist Billy Six, associated with German Nuoviso.tv, made some excellent research (also in the beginning of the Plandemic, e.g. "full hospitals" vs really empty hospitals in Berlin.

He went to the place where the MH17 went down, and lived there for several month, in order to mingle and live with the people, interviewing their memories from the event, and investigating the strange whereabouts when a "german research network", called "correct!v“ *** - got the first prize with their 'excellent online research about Malaysia Airlines MH17'... :umm::nuts:

Only that it is... deliberately faked.

One remarkable detail was, how much debris was left at the crash site. :scared: I remember from the tv-series Aircrash Investigations i listened to like litterally 100 times each episode 2008-2013 - including their own (some) fake narratives - but you learn enough that real investigations ALWAYS includes to collect ALL debris. (After I realized that the TV-series Aircrash Investigations uses blunt lies in some of the disaster events, the most infamous ones of course is 9/11, but also TWA flight 800 crash outside of - i stopped listening to the series after 2016)

Nachdem am 17. Juli 2014 eine Boeing mit 298 Passagieren an Bord gewaltsam zum Absturz gebracht wurde, herrscht weltweit Uneinigkeit darüber, wer für den Abschuss verantwortlich ist. Das Recherchenetzwerk „correct!v“ schickte Marcus Bensmann ins Kriegsgebiet, um die Täter zu finden. In seiner Webreportage präsentierte er seine Rechercheergebnisse mit anonymiserten Augenzeugen in einem Comic. Sei
Fazit: Eine BUK-Rakete, abgefeuert vom russischen Militär aus Seperatistengebiet holte die Boeing vom Himmel. Der investigative Journalist Billy Six recherchierte selbst vor Ort in der Ukraine und befragte über 120 Augenzeugen und Militärangehörige. Er kommt zu einem anderen Schluss als das Recherchenetzwerk “correct!
Den Grimme online Preis für Marcus Bensmann hält Billy Six für völlig ungerechtfertigt, denn er selbst sprach mit den Quellen aus der Webreportage von correct!v und stellte fest, dass viele Aussagen zurechtgebogen, sinnentstellt und ins Gegenteil verkehrt wurden. Aber auch den forensischen Abschlussbericht des Dutch Safety Bord kritisiert Billy Six auf das Schärfste. Den 3,2 Kilogramm schweren Abschlussbericht hat er bis ins letzte Detail studiert und eine Menge Ungereimtheiten festgestellt. Von vornherein seien die Ermittlungen nicht ergebnisoffen gewesen.

"correct!v“ *** There is something about that name, playing a vital roll in the Covid-19 Plandemic narrative in Germany. I just can't remember... among the hundreds of loose ends of info, names, sources, contents, references etc bobbing around in my head. :umm:
 

Voyageur

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
A very interesting reportage from 2016, in which the investigative journalist Billy Six, associated with German Nuoviso.tv, made some excellent research (also in the beginning of the Plandemic, e.g. "full hospitals" vs really empty hospitals in Berlin.

Billy Six comes up in this thread a number of times and also on SOTT, such as in this article where he gives evidence at trial. @Palinurus (in this thread) has documented the trial from sources, including Dutch media with translations.

More or less perhaps, the court of Steenhuis et al. will ignore people like Six et cetera, while using decided upon specious evidence that can't be called into question - ever be questioned. The jury of Dutch media who prime the citizens (between owners Mediahuis, Bertelsmann and Media dpg) will thus echo the court talking points and decide (they have decided, they are just waiting for the court wrap-up with headlines to follow).

One remarkable detail was, how much debris was left at the crash site.
Yes, the locals were pulling it out of the woodworks after the 'teams' had come and gone.
 

Palinurus

The Living Force
Two new reports on the court hearings, both in Dutch and very similar.

Source (Dutch only): OM: MH17-proces niet traineren, nabestaanden zien uit naar vonnis - wel.nl

Prosecutors: MH17 trial not to be dragged out, relatives look forward to verdict
By ANP - June 24, 2021 // 12:25 PM

SCHIPHOL (ANP) - The public prosecutor fears that the lawyers of MH17 suspect Oleg Pulatov will continue to request so much new and additional research that the criminal case will be unnecessarily prolonged. "In recent weeks, several surviving relatives have told the prosecutor that they hope that after the exercise of the right to speak in September, this trial can be concluded in the foreseeable future," the prosecutor said Thursday at the resumption of the extensive trial. "Many surviving relatives look forward to a verdict from the court, and then to peace."

The prosecution suspects four men of involvement in the downing of flight MH17 on July 17, 2014 and the murder of everyone on the plane. All 298 occupants - including nearly 200 Dutch nationals - were killed. Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 departed from Amsterdam for Kuala Lumpur. However, the Malaysian capital was never reached. Over war zones in eastern Ukraine, the Boeing 777 was shot out of the sky. Multiple investigations indicate that MH17 was brought down by a BUK missile, likely fired by pro-Russian separatists active in eastern Ukraine.

Only Russian suspect Pulatov has lawyers defending him. They asked again Thursday for several additional investigations. For example, they want to take another look at some witnesses. They also want to see all of the plane's wreckage, not just the pieces now identified as relevant.

Necessary investigation

They also find it unfair that the Public Prosecution Service was able to make an extensive visualization to show in court, and they do not have those means at their disposal. According to lawyer Sabine ten Doesschate, the prosecutor "wants to create a threshold with every request from the defense."

The prosecutor responded that "of course" necessary investigations must take place. "But the importance of the progress of this criminal trial, and in particular the interest of the relatives, means that the longer the trial lasts the more critical it will be to examine what is actually necessary for a good and fair truth finding, and what is not." The court will decide next week what further research needs to be done.

Substantive phase

The criminal case, which began in March last year, is now in the substantive phase. Earlier this month, the extensive file was discussed. After the next of kin's right to speak in September, the prosecution's indictment will follow, resulting in a penalty against the suspects: rebel leader Igor Girkin, his right-hand man Sergei Dubinsky, his assistant Pulatov and garrison commander Leonid Chartshenko. There is a very high probability that a life sentence will be demanded.

The court's verdict is not expected until next year.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

The other source (for now): OM: MH17-proces niet traineren, nabestaanden zien uit naar vonnis - Nieuws.nl
 

Palinurus

The Living Force
Source (Dutch only): Minister moet meer informatie openbaar maken over vliegramp MH17

Minister must make more information public about MH17 air disaster

ANP - 4 hours ago

UTRECHT (ANP) - Minister Ferd Grapperhaus (Justice and Security) must disclose more information about the flight MH17 disaster. This was decided by the court in Utrecht, following an appeal to the Open Government Act (Wob) by RTL Nieuws. In February, the court requested further substantiation from the minister why a number of passages from documents about the disaster could not be made public.

Grapperhaus then provided an explanation. The court was satisfied with that on points, but deemed the explanation insufficient when it comes to passages from an official's report of a meeting of the European Civil Aviation Conference (ECAD) on May 9, 2014. These passages must still be made public according to the judge.

The Wob request from RTL Nieuws involves documents from the so-called Archive MH17 insofar as it falls under the Ministry of Justice and Security. Parts of the archive also fall under other ministries. The archive of the Ministry of Justice and Security contains documents and correspondence from agencies including the National Coordinator for Counter-terrorism and Security (NCTV), the General Intelligence and Security Service (AIVD), the Military Intelligence and Security Service (MIVD) and the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE). In response to the Wob request, the Ministry searched for documents asked for by RTL Nieuws. Some of the documents found have been made public, while others have not or only to a limited extent.

Flight MH17 was brought down over eastern Ukraine on 17 July 2014. A criminal case is currently pending at the court in The Hague against three Russians and a Ukrainian, who are alleged to have been involved in the firing of the aircraft with a missile. All 298 people on board died in the disaster, including nearly 200 Dutch citizens.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
 

Palinurus

The Living Force
Source: Russia takes Ukraine to European court over MH17 plane crash

Russia takes Ukraine to European court over MH17 plane crash


EURACTIV.com with AFP - 13:09

Russia said Thursday (22 July) it had filed a complaint against Ukraine with the European Court of Human Rights, blaming Kyiv for the 2014 crash of a Malaysian airliner and civilian deaths in Russia and Ukraine.

Russia has sent the Strasbourg-based court an “inter-state complaint against Ukraine in accordance with Article 33 of the Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms,” the prosecutor general’s office said in a statement.

The Russian prosecutors unfurled a litany of Ukraine’s alleged transgressions, blaming Kyiv authorities for civilian deaths during a popular uprising in 2014 and a conflict with Russian-backed separatists in the country’s east that has claimed more than 13,000 lives.

Moscow also said that shelling by the Ukrainian armed forces had killed and wounded people in southern Russia.

“Ukraine’s armed forces are carrying out hostilities that pose a real threat to the life and health of Russian citizens who live in border regions, and force thousands of Ukrainian citizens to seek refuge in Russia,” the statement said.

In the complaint, Moscow blamed Ukrainian authorities for the deaths of 298 people aboard a Boeing 777 which was taken out of the sky by a ground-air missile system in July 2014, saying Kyiv refused to close airspace over war-torn eastern Ukraine.

An international investigation concluded that the BUK missile that shot down the plane had originally come from the Russian army’s 53rd Anti-Aircraft Missile Brigade based in the city of Kursk.

The Russian prosecutors accused Kyiv of discriminating against Russian speakers and companies as well as cutting fresh water supplies to Crimea, annexed by Moscow in 2014.

Ties between Ukraine and Russia were shredded after Kiev’s 2014 pro-Western uprising that ousted a Kremlin-backed regime.

Kyiv and its Western allies have accused Moscow of sending troops and weapons across the border to support Ukraine’s separatists.

After a largely respected truce in the second half of 2020, tensions have risen again this year, especially after Moscow deployed around 100,000 troops to Ukraine’s borders in the spring.

Ukraine too has taken Russia to the Strasbourg court over a range of issues, including the downing of MH17.

Similar:
Russia Takes Ukraine to European Court Over Post-Annexation Grievances - The Moscow Times
Russia Files Case Against Ukraine At European Court Over MH17, Alleged Rights Abuses

In Dutch:
Rusland klaagt Oekraïne aan over onder meer neerhalen MH17
 
Top Bottom