Man drowns after being swallowed by sinkhole under pool in Israel

The news is reporting that the owners of the property have been arrested for the death because the pool was built without approval of local authorities. That could support the idea that it was hastily built.

Yeah, it swallowed TWO people apparently, one of whom died, while the music kept playing, and most in attendance just gawked from the pool's edge. :umm:

It was apparently a pool party for corporate employees, though at a private house.

This is one of things I imagined could happen, but didn't think I'd see it for real.

Sinkhole opens under swimming pool in Israel, swallowing a man and killing him -- Sott.net
That was what really caught my attention too, the fact that the music didn't stop and the party just kept going. Kind of chilling to see.

It looked scary, I'm amazed by people just casually walking close by and those sat down as if nothing was happening. It all looks kind of unreal, strange.

Having said the above, it looked so scary that I'm not sure I'd dare approach the hole to attempt to rescue whoever fell inside if I happened to be a person there. Shock, fear, not knowing what was going on etc I suspect will have been enough to essentially initiate the flight mechanism. Certain I wouldn't be sat or stood around casually though.

It looked scary, I'm amazed by people just casually walking close by and those sat down as if nothing was happening. It all looks kind of unreal, strange.

Having said the above, it looked so scary that I'm not sure I'd dare approach the hole to attempt to rescue whoever fell inside if I happened to be a person there. Shock, fear, not knowing what was going on etc I suspect will have been enough to essentially initiate the flight mechanism. Certain I wouldn't be sat or stood around casually though.
Right, they look that zombies, not aware of what is happening, or simply out of touch of reality. Of the danger, also. Maybe they have too many "vaccines" inside themselves...

It is symbolic also, a message : you maybe have fun in this paradise pool, but your foundation is crumbling, your floor, as a country, as a society, as a community, is crumbling, and you are not aware of that, yet. Wait and see.

It is not the first time that floors are crumbling in Israel. I remember, some years ago, one floor at a dance party who crumbed, sucking with it many people. The horror of the situation was very strong, let me tell you. I saw this on tv.

I was also thinking perhaps the fact it was a corporate event explains why no one seemed to care. Human connections in that environment tend to be different to say, those between friends or family. Not that it excuses what happened but perhaps it could go someway to explaining the reactions (or lack of) that we saw.

Back
Top Bottom