Marc Ecko tagged Air Force One

Keit

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
You just have to look at this one! ;)

First see this video and explanation of the "painter".
http://www.stillfree.com/

And then read this article:
http://www.ioerror.us/2006/04/18/marc-ecko-tagged-air-force-one/
Marc Ecko of Ecko Unlimited broke into a government facility where one of the Boeing 747 planes which serve as Air Force One was parked, and tagged it with graffiti. Ecko then posted video of the tagging online, along with a video statement of "why I tagged the President's plane."

Ecko tagged one of the jet engines with the words "Still Free," which is also the name of his Web site where you can find the videos.

In a statement accompanying the tagging video, Ecko said of the President that "his highest responsibility is to protect our freedoms, and the first among those is our right to speech."

"That's why I tagged the President's plane," said Ecko. "The President can't fly around like a rock star, talking about how America is the greatest country in the world, but ignore what makes it great."

As it turns out, the video is fake. But the points are real. Ecko talks about his experience starting businesses and the obstacles thrown in his way by people who didn't believe he could succeed - or, perhaps in today's America, didn't want him to. "The closed-mindedness of a cynic is the greatest threat to innovation," he said.

He also talks about the threats to the First Amendment posed by overzealous government officials, such as New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg. "No elected official gets to decide what is art and what is trash," he said. "Since then I've learned that there are cities all over this country with laws that restrict kids who want to pursue legal art inspired by graffiti."

"There's no gray area here. Vandalism and the destruction of other people's property is wrong. . . . I'm advocating everyone's right to free speech."

Ecko urged people not to live in fear and to take charge of their lives. "I have a different view of the American dream. Remember, operating from a position of fear is to operate from a position of weakness. Instead, let's kick up our feet, let's chill, and celebrate the fact that we're still free."

It must have been fake, since we aren't very free anymore. Oh well, even if it was fake, I enjoyed the video. And if it really was fake, I wonder how they did it.
Well, as I've read on Israel blog, this is indeed fake. Marc Ecko was hired by fashion company from New York, to do some underground advertisment video. This is not Air force one, but Boing 747, painted as Air force one.
Nontheless, I find the idea of making "still free" graffiti on Bush's private jet - as very appealing to me ;)
Also, according to this blog, the security were so sure that this video was real, they went to check if everything was ok with the plane.

Back
Top Bottom