“Mass Formation” or Mass Psychosis

Jones

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
One critical point that seems to be lacking is the impetus that pathological individuals have in the creation and shaping of mass formation and the resulting dictatorship/totalitarianism.

This is quite a long and interesting article.

Covid-19 – Mass Formation or Mass Atrocity?

Mattias Desmet’s theory of Mass Formation attracted a great deal of attention in 2022. In this review of Desmet’s book, The Psychology of Totalitarianism, we argue that it manifests the psychology of atrocity – and that “Mass Formation” paradoxically serves to legitimize the mass atrocity perpetrated during the Covid-19 era.

Authors of the article:

David A. Hughes
With doctorates in German Studies and International Relations, David A. Hughes lectures in areas including security studies, international relations theory, foreign policy analysis, globalization, and US exceptionalism. His research focuses on psychological warfare, 9/11, COVID-19, the deep state, intelligence crime, technocracy, resurgent totalitarianism, and global class relations. Selections of his work can be found on Academia.edu. David is an Associate Researcher with the Working Group on Propaganda and the 9/11 Global ‘War on Terror’.

Valerie Kyrie
Working in the areas of political psychology, the psychology of atrocity, and psychological operations, Valerie Kyrie holds a doctorate in psychology on the topic of reality-perception and its manipulation. She has contributed to work in the areas of international human rights, media, advocacy and policy, focusing on the deceptions, tactics and machinations underpinning collective violence and atrocity. Valerie has written about Covid-19 for Propaganda in Focus and the International Journal of Vaccine Theory Practice and Research. She is an Associate Researcher with the Working Group on Propaganda and the 9/11 Global ‘War on Terror’.

Daniel Broudy
With a doctorate in applied psycholinguistics and experience as an imagery analyst, Daniel Broudy lectures in areas ranging from communication theory to visual rhetoric. He is a professor of applied linguistics with research interests in symbols, signs, sounds, images, and colors as communication tools deployed by power centers which aim to shape knowledge and influence human perception and emotion. Selections of his work can be found at ResearchGate. Daniel is an associate researcher with the Working Group on Propaganda and the 9/11 Global ‘War on Terror’.

I don't really agree that focus on mass formation legitimises the atrocities, rather I think that both play a role in the situation. Never-the-less, they raise some very interesting points.

Ryan

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I don't really agree that focus on mass formation legitimises the atrocities, rather I think that both play a role in the situation. Never-the-less, they raise some very interesting points.
Those are some very interesting credentials. Would you be able to summarise the most relevant points of the article?

Top Bottom