Macedonia

Thanks for keeping up with all the news in Macedonia, StoRmR1dR!

Looks like Russia is warning about a possible problem, now developing in Kosovo, with NATO's help?

May 15, 2018 - Russia’s envoy to UN warns of army formation in Kosovo
Russia’s envoy to UN warns of army formation in Kosovo

Russia has warned the UN Security Council of dangerous consequences of security forces’ transformation into a full-fledged army in Kosovo.

Russia’s Deputy Permanent Representative to the United Nations Vladimir Safronkov said on Monday that the situation in Kosovo is deteriorating as ‘hotheads’ will inevitably use those armed forces against the Serbian population of the region.

"According to our estimates, the situation in Kosovo is not stabilizing, on the contrary, it is worsening. Negative factors are being stored up. The recent developments require a constructive diplomatic involvement and an exacting international control, first of all through the US Mission in Kosovo," the diplomat said, mentioning the lack of progress in the investigation into the murder of Oliver Ivanovic, the leader of Freedom, Democracy and Truth party in northern Kosovo and Metohija, that happened four months ago.

Amid this background, Pristina is "cultivating a feeling of impunity and permissiveness." "Contrary to the 1244 Resolution of the UN Security Council, transformation of the current security forces of Kosovo into a full-fledged army is being prepared. Certain NATO’s contingents within the Kosovo Force facilitate it, going outside the framework of the UN mandate," he said.

"We would like to warn that it is necessary to stop the formation of this ‘fist’, which certain ‘hotheads’ will inevitably use against the Serbian people in the region’s north, in order to maintain peace and security in the Balkans," Safronkov emphasized.

Thanks for keeping up with all the news in Macedonia, StoRmR1dR!

Looks like Russia is warning about a possible problem, now developing in Kosovo, with NATO's help?

May 15, 2018 - Russia’s envoy to UN warns of army formation in Kosovo
Russia’s envoy to UN warns of army formation in Kosovo

Russia has warned the UN Security Council of dangerous consequences of security forces’ transformation into a full-fledged army in Kosovo.

You're welcome and thanks for reading!

While the rift deepens between EU and US,the 'Great Albania' project under the 'EU membership' is in full swing.

Edi Rama: "No. I always said that my dream is that we unify under the sky of the European Union and I never dreamed about a Greater Albania because I have a bigger dream, a Greater Europe, with the Albanians inside."

“For us it's a matter of life and death”: Albanian PM Rama on EU membership

The European Commission is keen to offer the prospect of EU membership to six Balkan states, amid growing Russian and Chinese influence in the region.

Albania aspires to join the bloc along with west Balkan neighbours Serbia, Montenegro, the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Bosnia and Kosovo - most of which were war zones after Yugoslavia broke up in the 1990s.

Yet disputes from the past and the need for reforms are among the issues needing to be settled before the EU opens its arms to the new would-be members.

Albania, along with the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, has won European Commission backing for membership talks to begin. On Thursday, a Western Balkans summit in Sofia will discuss their accession bids.

Euronews spoke to Albanian Prime Minister Edi Rama

Efi Koutsokosta, Euronews:

"Serbia and Montenegro, which are considered to be the frontrunners of EU integration, may join the EU by 2025. It's an indication date. When do you expect Albania to follow?"

Edi Rama, Albanian Prime Minister:

"Today, yes, Serbia and Montenegro are negotiating and that's why they are ahead of us in this process. But 2025 is a horizon where all of us can be ready if we work hard and we do our job."

Efi Koutsokosta:

"Do you need a date in order to encourage your people to follow all the reforms needed?"

Edi Rama:

"No, we don't need a date to encourage our people. We need to open negotiations in June. This is all. And we don't want anything else. Just to open negotiations and for Europe it costs nothing, not one cent they'll pay for it. For us, it's a matter of life and death, in the sense that opening the negotiations means that we are finally in the future and we are finally out of the past."

Efi Koutsokosta:

"There are some other challenges that the EU is posing. Mr Juncker recently said that there is still organised crime and that he doesn't want to import this kind of situation in Europe."

Edi Rama:

"First of all, we didn't wait for President Juncker or for anyone else abroad to tell us that there is still a big fight to be made with organised crime and corruption and many other things. The point is simple. We have fulfilled our homework for opening the negotiations. And the machine of the Commission, which is a very heavy machine of experts who deal with facts and not with fake news, has given us a positive recommendation with no condition. But from this, to divide the countries into countries with crime and countries with no crime, it's a bit far-fetched. If there is European organised crime, it is an interconnected organised crime and we need to fight it together."

Efi Koutsokosta:

"Speaking about your internal challenges, I want to talk about a very sensitive issue for the EU which is media freedom. And recently there was a report by the 'Reporters without Borders', speaking about journalists and 80% of journalists feeling insecure for their future and also 'exposed to insults' they say 'by Edi Rama who has called journalists trash, poison and public enemy'. Is this your opinion of journalists in your country?"

Edi Rama:

"I never try to dismiss directly what media sources might say. But when I say 'trash' it's a way to say in Albanian 'fake news' because it doesn't translate well in Albanian. So, I never insulted a journalist personally, directly. I, of course, express my opinion about trash media and we have a lot of trash media in the world today. If they have the right to express their opinions, it doesn't mean I don't have the right to express mine."

Efi Koutsokosta:

"But the same report says also that 'regulatory standards are manipulated in the interests of the government.'"

Edi Rama:

"This is another nonsense. But I don't want to talk about... It's always suspicious when you listen to a prime minister, a president or a politician telling you that the media is lying. But media is lying a lot nowadays. So, this is a problem. And I respect very much the solidarity between media and 'Reporters without Borders' or whoever else. They do their job, I do mine."

Efi Koutsokosta:

"We know that in the Balkans there are many Albanian minorities in other states as well. So, do you perceive yourself as the leader of Albanians, Albanian people or not?"

Edi Rama:

"In our constitution, we have the obligation to protect Albanians abroad everywhere but at the same time I think Albanians have never been better than today, where they live. So, in Kosovo, they have their own state now. In Macedonia, they are part of a real revolution in terms of change of approach towards the Albanian language and towards Albanian people. In south Serbia, I hope their conditions will improve, based also on the fact that Serbs in Kosovo are treated pretty, pretty well and much, much better."

Efi Koutsokosta:

"But you recently suggested that you could have a joint leader one day with Kosovo. So this created a lot of reactions."

Edi Rama:

"I am sorry for the reactions but it was not meant to be a shaking statement. It was meant to be an imagination, in a very special circumstance of the tenth anniversary of Kosovo's independence and in addressing the Kosovo parliament as a witness. And I said, twenty years ago, this was out of the world. And if someone would have talked about Kosovo independence, it would have shaken the world. Today, we are here and what will happen in twenty years? And before saying: 'Why not have a president for both of us?', I said that dialogue with Serbia would have been successfully ended, Albanians and Serbians would have been members of the European Union. So, there were a lot of preconditions to go to the point of a president for both countries."

Efi Koutsokosta:

"Do you regret this statement now?"

Edi Rama:

"No."

Efi Koutsokosta:

"But you rule out the project of unification of Albanians in the future, probably?"

Edi Rama:

"No. I always said that my dream is that we unify under the sky of the European Union and I never dreamed about a Greater Albania because I have a bigger dream, a Greater Europe, with the Albanians inside."

Efi Koutsokosta:

"There is an opinion that, of course, the EU enlargement project was revived because there was too much presence of Russians, too much presence of Turkish and too much presence of the Chinese in the region. Do you think that these countries could use this region in order to destabilise the EU?"

Edi Rama:

"Yes, it's space that someone has to fill. And it's a space that belongs to Europe and belongs to the European Union. So, the European Union should really take responsibility for this space strategically. Because if there is empty space, of course there will be others that will try to get there and to fill it."

Sofia declaration of the EU-Western Balkans summit, 17 May 2018 - Consilium

The EU-Western Balkans summit took place in Sofia, Bulgaria, on 17 May 2018. EU leaders agreed on the Sofia declaration, with which the Western Balkans partners have aligned themselves.
Other linguistic versions available
Visit the meeting page

Download as pdf

Meeting between Zaev and Tsipras ends

The meeting between Macedonian PM Zoran Zaev and Greek PMs Alexis Tsipras that was held on the sidelines of the EU-Western Balkans Summit in Sofia on Thursday has ended.

The meeting was the second tête-à-tête between the two PMs after the name dispute negotiations resumed. It was expected that they would try to come closer to a compromise on conflicting issues, MIA’s Sofia correspondent said.

According to Greek media, Tsipras will hold a press conference around 3 pm local time.

In the past few days, the Zaev-Tsipras meeting was rumored to be vital to the name dispute resolution process. Judging by their latest statements, however, there are reservations both on the Macedonian and on the Greek side that this meeting will lead to a final name solution.

PM Zaev: Option acceptable for both sides identified

Macedonia and Greece have identified an option that could be acceptable for both sides, Prime Minister Zoran Zaev told a press conference in Sofia after meeting with Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras on the sidelines of the EU-Western Balkans summit.

“We have discussed one (specific) solution to the name dispute that could be acceptable for both sides, but we need to have further discussions in our countries. I am Zoran and my partner’s name is Alexis. And we have to consult the other political factors in our countries with our presidents and the other political leaders. And if they accept then we can have a solution,” Zaev told reporters following the meeting.

“We are solving a dispute in order to strengthen the identity of our citizens in both countries,” he added.

Zaev told the press briefing that he hopes for a deal before June’s European Union summit.

Zajko asks Theresa May to bring Macedonia to EU as UK is leaving the EU | MINA Report

SDS leader Zoran Zaev and UK PM Teresa May are currently holding a press conference after her visit to the Macedonian capital today.

The British Prime Minister is on her first official visit to Macedonia, where she came after today’s EU-Western Balkans summit in Sofia.

According to the program for May’s visit to Macedonia, a bilateral and rather short meeting of the Macedonian and British government delegations is envisaged.

UCK terrorist Talat Xhaferi will organize a reception in honor of the British Prime Minister May. May, similarly to EU’s Mogherini, will focus on priorities first and will spend most of her day meeting with LGBT activists and NGOs in Skopje funded by the British Government.

The best part of course came during the brief press conference where Zaev in broken english asked the UK Prime Minister to help Macedonia enter the EU, not realizing May is in charge of the process to remove the UK from the EU.

Theresa May: I am proud to be the first British Prime Minister to visit Macedonia in the last 25 years

British Prime Minister Theresa May, at a joint press conference with Prime Minister Zoran Zaev in Skopje, stressed that she was proud to be the first British Prime Minister to visit Macedonia in the last 25 years.

“Thank you for the warm welcome and I am proud to be the first British Prime Minister to visit Macedonia in the last 25 years. We can see what happened after the parliamentary elections, big changes took place and Macedonia’s government extended the hand of cooperation for its neighbours. You can count on our support. Your country is an integral part of Europe. Our friendship will continue to strengthen, even though we are no longer a member of the European Union,” the British Prime Minister said.

19.05.2018 - Macedonia Must Revise Constition to Resolve Republic's Name Issue - Tsipras
Macedonia Must Revise Constitution to Resolve Republic's Name Issue - Tsipras

Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras on Saturday stressed that the decades-long dispute over the name of Macedonia could not be resolved without revising the constitution of the ex-Yugoslav republic, the prime minister's press office said in a statement.

"The prime minister reaffirmed the government's position regarding the agreement [with Macedonia] in accordance with the national stance — a compound name that will be used everywhere. In this context, he emphasized the revision of the constitution of the neighboring country as a necessary prerequisite, which would eliminate any form of irredentism," the statement read.

The constitutional change is also required as one of the conditions for Macedonia's entry to the international organizations, namely the European Union and NATO, according to the statement.

The EU-Western Balkans summit took place in Sofia, Bulgaria, on 17 May 2018. EU leaders agreed on the Sofia declaration, with which the Western Balkans partners have aligned themselves.
Other linguistic versions available
Visit the meeting page

Download as pdf

A Solomonic solution :rotfl:

Other linguistic versions available:
Visit the meeting page

Download as pdf

Macron pours cold water on Balkan EU membership hopes

Emmanuel and Borisov.jpg

French President Emmanuel Macron on Thursday sounded a skeptical note on enlarging the European Union to include countries from the western Balkans — at a summit meant to strengthen ties between the region and the EU, Politico writes.

Macron’s comments come as a particular disappointment to Albania and Macedonia, which are hoping for the green light from EU leaders next month to begin talks to join the bloc, having received the thumbs-up from the European Commission in April.

“What we’ve seen over the past 15 years is a path that has weakened Europe every time we think of enlarging it. And I don’t think we do a service to the candidate countries or ourselves by having a mechanism that in a way no longer has rules and keeps moving toward more enlargement,” Macron told reporters at the summit in the Bulgarian capital Sofia.

“I am in favor of anchoring the Balkans in Europe and moving toward Europe. But I think we need to look at any new enlargement with a lot of prudence and rigor,” Macron said.

“I am not in favor of moving toward enlargement before having all the necessary certainty and before having made a real reform to allow a deepening and better functioning of the European Union.”

The Balkans have moved back up the EU’s agenda as leaders have become alarmed at the influence of other powers on its southern flank, particularly Russia. The 2015 migration crisis — in which hundreds of thousands entered the EU via the western Balkan route — also provided a stark reminder of the region’s importance to the bloc’s own stability.

But EU members are divided over whether to declare that all six western Balkan countries at the summit — Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, and Serbia — can one day join the bloc. They also differ on the potential timeline for accepting new members from the region.

Serbia and Montenegro are already in membership talks and the Commission has suggested they could join the EU by 2025 — a target regarded with considerable skepticism by some officials in Brussels and EU governments.

Leaders’ meeting kicks off: Leaders welcomed with “Stop the Holocaust against Macedonians” banners (PHOTO)

liderska-sredba-za-imeto.jpg

A meeting is taking place in Skopje of state and party leaders in which Prime Minister Zoran Zaev is expected to brief them on the details of his talks with the Greek PM and to discuss the possibility for a name solution acceptable for both countries.

The meeting is attended by President Gjorge Ivanov, Parliament Speaker Talat Xhaferi, opposition leader VMRO-DPMNE Hristijan Mickoski and DUI leader Ali Ahmeti.

Deputy Prime Minister for European Affairs Bujar Osmani, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense Radmila Sekerinska and Foreign Minister Nikola Dimitrov are also present at the meeting.

A group of citizens united under the Kutlesh star, with banners “Stop the Holocaust against Macedonians”, welcomed the leaders in front of the Parliamentary Club.

Stop the holocaust.PNG

Zaev dishes out a new name: Republika Ilindenska Makedonija | MINA Report

monkey.jpg

SDS crpko Zoran Zaev has a new name proposal for Athens, unveiled earlier today in Sofia. According to A1-On, the name proposed by the SDS is Republika Ilindenska Makedonija, we assume it translates to Republic of Ilinden Macedonia per the most important Macedonian holiday that first the SDS refused to honor, then invited Bulgaria to attend it.

After today’s meeting Zoran Zaev had greater optimism than Alexis Tsipras. The Greek Prime Minister said that the agreement can not yet be discussed.

Greece and Macedonia made progress in the name talks, but are still not in a position to talk about a deal, Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras said after meeting with Zaev in Sofia, reports Kathimerini.

Zaev remarked they considered possible options for creative solutions, which allegedly the Macedonian side presented in the last phase of the negotiations. To follow are consultations in both countries with relevant political factors, Zaev informed at a press conference in Sofia.

Leaders’ meeting ends: Zaev confirms The Republic of Ilinden Macedonia is the new name proposal

The Republic of Ilinden Macedonia is the option considered by the premiers of Macedonia and Greece in Sofia last week as being ‘the most acceptable’, Prime Minister Zoran Zaev confirmed after the leaders’ meeting on Saturday.

He said the name would be for all uses and the language would be Macedonian.

“I informed about the last phase of the name dispute negotiations. With full responsibility, vigilance and comittment to the state interests, I informed the President of the state, the Parliament, the leaders of VMRO-DPMNE and DUI that the governments of Macedonia and Greece are considering an option and a solution that could be acceptable for both sides. The Republic of Ilinden Macedonia is a possible compromise,” said Zaev.

He pointed out that this proposal strengthens the foundation of our country. Ilinden, is our bright future, he added, with this name we strengthen our identity, and the Macedonian Ilinden is a guarantee for multi-ethnic Macedonia.

Zaev stressed that with the possible agreement we would get a final confirmation of the Macedonian language, a guarantee of the identity and international codes.

We will accept a name for all uses, and for internal use it will be implemented in stages, said Zaev and announced a referendum, something that the Greek side accepted.

Athens not a fan of Ilinden Macedonia, tells desperate Zaev thanks for ‘erga omnes’ | MINA Report

tzipras.jpg

Macedonia’s jester proudly announced that the country will change the name to the Republic of Ilindenska Macedonia for overall use, which means that the constitution of the state will be changed. Athens agreed to it, proclaimed the SDS leader.

Despite Zaev’s proud announcement, another cold shower from Greece descended just an hour after a ‘leadership meeting’ between Zaev, the non existent opposition and Ivanov in which Zaev stated the new name will be Ilinden Macedonia.

The Greek government rejected the proposal “Republic of Ilinden Macedonia”. Tsipras’ Cabinet sent a statement saying:

– We welcome the fact that the Macedonian side accepted that there can be no solution without “erga omnes”, that is, for all uses. However, we encourage our neighbors to continue working together to find a mutually acceptable name with a geographical or time determination, as suggested by UN special envoy Matthew Nimetz.

This situation caused a series of comments, including those of Macedonian journalists who have been working on this topic for many years.

zaev_smilkovsko.jpg

The editor of Telma TV, Atanas Kirovski, commented Zaev has been hit too many times in the head, and nothing good will come from this man in the current environment.

Thanks to Zaev’s masterful ability to be clueless at all times, we are now in a situation where Athens is saying: “either we’ll take everything or we’ll block you.” As shocking as it is, we now have a Macedonian side who says to Greece, we’d like to change our name to just about anything and Greece is not letting us.

zz-karikatura.jpg

Professor Vankovska showed a mock illustration of Zaev’s sheer lunacy, where the SDS leader is carried by a helicopter with the insignia of the US Embassy (alluding to the fact Ilinden Macedonia is the work of Jess Baily), and what would happen to the populace if they follow in Zaev’s footsteps.

Solun mayor gives Zaev a preview of what’s coming | MINA Report

Ivanov requires written document of negotiations with Greece, then he will state his views (VIDEO)

The head of the state, Gjorgje Ivanov, requested to receive in writing what has been discussed in the negotiations with Greece, and then he will give a statementabout the proposal that was presented by Prime Minister Zoran Zaev as a possible solution after the leaders’ meeting, the Republic of Ilinden Macedonia.

He did not want to bring any personal views as a citizen of Macedonia, nor as President as to whether the proposal is a dignified and he repeated that he required the proposal in writing.

“This is the first time we were informed about some things. I expect to receive all proposals in a written document. At this meeting we did not build a position, we just got the information. We expect in the future not to be selectively informed, but to have full insight to know what issues are being discussed,” said Ivanov.

Mickoski: VMRO-DPMNE does not accept constitutional and name changes (VIDEO)

VMRO-DPMNE remains on its position that it will not accept a change to the constitution in order to change the constitutional name of the country, said party leader Hristijan Mickoski after a leaders’ meeting where Prime Minister Zoran Zaev informed about the course of the name talks.

“What was speculation in the past days and the speculation that Zoran Zaev yesterday said was just a speculation, came out to be true. Zoran Zaev and Nikola Dimitrov accepted a solution that was presented to us for the first today at a meeting that was supposed to be of informative character. VMRO-DPMNE remains on its position that it will not accept a change to the constitution in order to change the constitutional name of the country. The whole process was kept secret and the national and state positions of the Republic of Macedonia were endangered. The road to the goal is clear, integration into the EU and NATO, but it is obvious that the trajectory is different,” Mickoski said.

Last edited:
FMs Dimitrov and Kotzias to meet UN’s Nimetz on May 24-25 in New York

Minister of Foreign Affairs Nikola Dimitrov on May 24-25 in New York will hold a meeting with his Greek counterpart Nikos Kotzias with the UN special envoy, Matthew Nimetz, also in attendance, Macedonia’s Foreign Ministry announced on Sunday.

The meeting was also announced in a statement by the Greek Foreign Ministry around the same time as with that of the Macedonian ministry, MIA reports from Athens.

This meeting could probably be the last chance for an agreement, To Vima’s online edition says in a comment.

“The meeting is very important and could play a key role in the negotiations. It could probably offer one last chance for making progress after the ‘failure’ with the proposal ‘Ilinden Macedonia’ and going back to the five proposals presented by Matthew Nimetz. The two name proposals that dominate are ‘New Macedonia’ and ‘Upper Macedonia’ and it is most likely that the talks will revolve round these scenarios,” writes the Greek newspaper.

Zaev: 'Republic of Ilinden Macedonia' name proposal still in play

"Macedonia has not dismissed the 'Republic of Ilinden Macedonia' proposal," PM Zoran Zaev said in response to a reporter's question in front of Skopje's Criminal Court on Monday.

The proposal, according to Zaev, is worth careful consideration, as it fulfills the expectations of most citizens in both countries.

"Republic of Ilinden Macedonia, Zaev said, "is a name that doesn't threaten Macedonian identityon the contrary, it strengthens itwhile giving Greece a compound name with a chronological identifier."

He said that Greek PM Tsipras and himself fully believed in this solution, but they were only one link in the chain.

"As Zoran and Alexis, we've been called to carry out the process as PMs. At the very outset, we said there was an option that could be acceptable to both sides.

"There are institutional processes related to making decisions. On their part, their Parliament needs to ratify the possible agreement, and on our part, we need the approval from Parliament and citizens through a referendum," Zaev pointed out.

According to him, Ilinden of 1903 and 1944 has nothing to do with territorial pretensions and is no threat to Greece in any way. He said the talks would continue, asserting his belief that the proposal was the solution to end the 25-year dispute.

"It keeps our dignity intact, while fixing the identity issues and meeting their conditions," Zaev said.

Sekerinska: Republic of Ilinden Macedonia – an excellent basis for solution

Our objective, to find a solution acceptable both for Macedonia and Greece, has been fulfilled with this proposed package, Radmila Sekerinska said Sunday.

“The foreign ministers have agreed on a package that was upheld by the two premiers in principle. The objective to find a solution positive both for Macedonia and Greece, we believe has been met with this draft-package. Yesterday, the Prime Minister clearly stated that we believe the package is offering a chance to close the process with all the parties as winners,” the Macedonian Deputy PM and Defense Minister told reporters.

The Republic of Ilinden Macedonia, she stated, represents an excellent basis for a solution, because it contains a chronological qualifier, coincides with important historical dates and shows that Macedonia has never and will never foster any territorial claims.

“All elements in the solution correspond with the expectations and the demands of both Macedonia and Greece. They respond to our national and state interest and protect our identity. We will continue to seek a solution and to build friendship, because this time we believe that we are very close,” stressed Sekerinska.

Court acquits Zaev in Bribe case

Judge Darko Todorovski acquitted Monday Prime Minister Zoran Zaev in case dubbed “Bribe”.

While reading the judgment, the trial judge said the public prosecutor has not proved that the defendant committed the crime, resulting in an acquittal.

At the last hearing, prosecutor Valentina Bislimovska asked for a change of the indictment qualification from “receiving a bribe” into “asking for a bribe”, which stipulates a sentence of 1-5 years in prison. In comparison, the penalty for crime “receiving a bribe” is at least five years imprisonment.

Bislimovska said the evidence presented during the main hearing did not show that defendant Zaev received any money, which has been confirmed by the main witness Ivan Nikolov.

Zaev has said the case is politically motivated, aimed at preventing the release of the wiretapped conversations.

PM Zaev, in the capacity Strumica mayor, is charged of asking a EUR 160,000 bribe from a Strumica businessman for the privatization of construction land.

Zaev charged with endangering the constitutional order

The party “Levica” (The Left) filed Monday criminal charges against Prime Minister Zoran Zaev for violating the constitutional order of the state. According to Dimitar Apasiev, with his latest official statements on the name talks given on May 17 Prime Minister Zoran Zaev jeopardized Macedonia’s negotiating positions and brought the country in a dependent position from another state.

With Zaev’s public pledge to Greek Prime Minister Tsipras to accept changes to the constitutional name for all uses – erga omnes name and the pledge to make efforts to change the name of the country for internal and external use, Zaev endangered the constitutional order of Macedonia, Apasiev said.

“Levica” adds that there is a possibility to extend the charges against other people, pointing out Foreign Minister Nikola Dimitrov as an example, who, according to the party, publicly acknowledged that he is behind this proposal from the Macedonian side. They asked Zaev to be summoned for questioning and expect the prosecution to process the charges.

Merkel discussed the name dispute with Zaev and Tsipras

Chancellor Angela Merkel had a telephone conversations with Macedonian and Greek Prime Ministers on Tuesday. The topics and other details are not revealed, but the conversations took place just two days after Macedonian Prime Minister Zaev announced to the Macedonian public that the draft solution for the name was "Republic of Ilinden Macedonia" and after the rejection arrived from Athens immediately by a statement from the Greek government - that there should be a name that will have a geographical or time determinant.

German Chancellor Merkel on the sidelines of the EU-Western Balkans Summit in Sofia had separate meetings with Zaev and Tsipras, after which she said he was glad to hear that the talks between Macedonia and Greece are progressing well. "Both countries have done a lot in the direction of substantial progress, although they are still not on target," she said last Thursday.

Merkel in Sofia once again confirmed that the decision to start Macedonia's EU accession talks with the EU would directly depend on the solution to the name dispute.

“We very much like for the name dispute to be resolved, because Macedonia depends heavily on this solution, and to solve this problem at the same time," the German chancellor said.

"Macedonia has a standstill in its development primarily due to the unresolved name dispute with Greece," the state minister in the German Foreign Ministry, Michael Roth, said last weekend. Therefore, in his opinion, it is necessary to give long-term support to Zaev's reforms. "The Western Balkans is a litmus test for the lasting success of the European model," Rat told Welt am Sonntag.

Merkel's conversation took place on the eve of a new round of negotiations under the auspices of Matthew Nimetz on Thursday in New York. Greek Foreign Minister Nikos Kotziasis already there, who after the meeting with US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said that Greece supports the need to accept a name from the mediator's proposals, practically rejecting the proposal "Republic of Slavic Macedonia" after having previously rejected the name "Republic of Macedonia (Skopje)”.

- We support the need to accept one of the names suggested by Nimetz. We do not agree, as you know, with the fifth name of his proposals. Let's move on to adopting a strategic plan for friendly cooperation with this country in the future, with its new name - said Kotzias. He explained that he did not talk to US Secretary of State Pompeo about the name issue, but that it was the topic of the meetings scheduled for yesterday and Thursday, with US Assistant Secretary of State Wess Mitchell.

Kotzias, however, did not reveal exactly what they discussed with Mitchell, but says that no one is pushing Greece to anything in terms of closing the issue because it has the initiative for the proceedings, and everyone follows in a positive way how one country with active foreign policy promotes solutions.

Kotzias urges acceptance of a name proposed by Nimetz

Greece supports the need to adopt one of the names proposed by UN envoy Matthew Nimetz, said Foreign Minister Nikos Kotzias after a meeting with U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo.

Although the name issue was not raised in their meeting, the Greek FM said it was discussed during his meeting earlier with Wess Mitchell, assistant Secretary of State for Europe and Eurasian Affairs.

"We obviously support the need to adopt one of the names proposed by Nimetz and to proceed towards the implementation of a strategic plan of friendly collaboration in the future with this country under its new name. Nobody is pressuring us because Greece takes initiative in actions," Kotzias added.

PM Tsipras: We clearly stated that we are negotiating on Nimetz's four proposals

The government clearly stated that it was negotiating with Skopje on the basis of the four names, proposed by the UN, namely the package of suggestion tabled by mediator Matthew Nimetz, Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras said Wednesday in response to the criticism of the opposition ‘New Democracy’ leader Kyriakos Mitsotakis on the name ‘Republic of Ilinden Macedonia’.

Tsipras notified that his government had clearly and timely presented its position on this name.

"Even before returning from Sofia, I’ve said that that despite the progress we still have to do a lot in order to have an agreement, and that ensuring the principle erga omnes (name for overall usage) and constitutional revision is our priority, and as you know significant progress was made to that effect, something that has not been done during the name talks with previous governments. Mr (Zoran) Zaev is the first Prime Minister of the neighboring country to accept the compound, erga omnes name and constitutional revision,’ Tsipras said.

Gruevski sentenced to two years in jail | MINA Report

Zaev’s friend, judge Dobrila Kacarska dished out two year jail sentence to former prime minister Nikola Gruevski over the purchase of a bulletproof vehicle used by the Government.

I agree with Gruevski’s sentencing, but not over the fraudulent case built by Zaev’s prosecution team.

Gruevski deserved a jail sentence for the following reasons:
  1. Signed the unconstitutional Przino Agreement where he effectively removed himself from power despite being elected by the general public.
  2. Approved the introduction of an illegal prosecution team (SPO) controlled by the US Embassy, thus creating a parallel judicial system controlled by a foreign nation. This carries the death penalty in civilized countries.
  3. Gave control of the police and the SEC to SDSM before the elections thus ensuring fraudulent elections.
  4. Gruevski did not have the courage to obey Macedonian laws and jail Zaev.
Any and all of the items listed above should result in Gruevski heading to jail, as he openly broke laws and the Constitution, all in an effort to earn points with Macedonia’s overlord, US Saboteur Jess Baily.

Gruevski’s defense will launch an appeal, but certainly Baily’s Court system will ignore and nullify any forthcoming appeal.

Another quite unsurprising event was the lack of protests. And this was obvious as well. The DPNE sold their people, the people took notice and reacted the way one would expect – ignored the DPNE.

If Gruevski received a 2 year sentence, by the same logic, Zaev should be put away for 2 lifetimes.

Corrupt Court asks for police protection as Gruevski’s sentencing leaks ahead of time | MINA Report

Skopje Basic Court I has asked for police protection and barricades in front fearing protests as several newspapers have already leaked info that Gruevski will be found guilty by judge Dobrila Kacarska who is a close friend of the Zaev clan.

Gruevski will be sent to three years in jail, according to our inside information. The Court fearing a public backlash has asked for police protection, and there are already strong police presence putting up metal barricades around the court.

The sentencing is in regards to a trial over a purchase of Governmental vehicle (bulletproof Mercedes) used by official delegations and foreign officials. The Government created a fake trial where it has claimed there was no need for such a purchase, yet both Government and foreign officials are using it on daily basis. Ironically, the state prosecutor brought in witnesses who all sided with Gruevski stating Macedonia was the only country in Europe not to have such vehicle and the purchase was a must.

Gruevski had a golden opportunity to jail the entire SDS party for massive crimes and state terrorism who are continually ongoing, but he was too afraid what will his “strategic partners” say. The ex DPNE leader never had the testicles to follow the law. Gruevski’s western ‘partners’ will now send him to jail.

Name talks to continue in New York

Name dispute talks between Macedonian Foreign Minister Nikola Dimitrov and Greek Foreign Minister Nikos Kotzias mediated by the Personal Envoy of the Secretary-General Matthew Nimetz are set to continue Friday in the UN headquarters in New York.

The meeting is scheduled to begin at 9:30 EST (3:30 CET). The participants are expected to give statements on the progress of the talks after the session.

Leading to the new round of name talks, which began Thursday at 4:30 CET, Dimitrov and Kotzias held individual meetings with UN Secretary-General António Guterres. They discussed the latest developments in the name dispute talks process taking place under the auspices of the United Nations.

“With vision and leadership on both sides, we have a historic opportunity to settle a decades-long, historic dispute,” Dimitrov said after his meeting with Guterres.

Greek FM Kotzias, on the other hand, after meeting UN’s Secretary-General, said that agreeing on a solution would require from the other side to display pragmatism and realism.

Asked about what he expected of Nimetz, Kotzias said that his expectations of the UN mediator were “his wisdom during negotiations.”
The New York talks follow last week’s meeting between the two countries’ PMs Zoran Zaev and Alexis Tsipras at the sidelines of the EU-Western Balkans Summit in Sofia, when the option “The Republic of Ilinden Macedonia” was proposed as the most acceptable.

The Macedonian side said it remains convinced the proposal was the right choice for the final solution, whereas the Greek side dismissed the option and said the negotiations would continue based on the four name variations from the package of proposals by Nimetz.

Negotiators fail to agree, talks resume in Brussels – “Republic of Northern Macedonia” on the table!

A recent overturning seems to exist in the negotiations over Skopje after the rejection by the Macedonian Foreign Minister Nikolay Dimitrov of the name “Gorna Makedonija” (“Upper Macedonia”), which satisfied the Greek side. Nikos Kotzias, for his part, said that the name “Nova Macedonia” (“Nea Makedonia”) does not fully cover Greek concerns. Thus, the name “Republic of Northern Macedonia” (“Republika Severna Makedonija”) has fallen back to the table, which is now probably the most likely outcome, according to Michael Ignatius and hellasjournal.com.

However, according to government sources, “trading continues on the basis of the four names”. While other sources comment that the most common names are Severna (Northern) and Nova (New) Macedonia while Vardarska (Macedonia of Vardari) is losing ground.
The Greek government insists on erga omnes (the name is for all purposes) and demands that the necessary constitutional changes be made. Before that, Greek Foreign Minister Nikos Kotzias arrived at the headquarters of the United Nations, with his diplomatic mission, followed by his Macedonian counterpart, Nikola Dimitrov, with his escort after a few minutes.

The two men headed to the 15th floor of the building, where they began the talks at 9:37 local time New York (4:37 am Greece). Yesterday, both sides did not make statements keeping a careful attitude. Speaking on Wednesday, May 23rd, to Greek journalists, Mr. Kotzias had pointed out the need for the Skopian side to show pragmatism, while asking whether the deal would last for a day or two, he had said that “we will see this”. This afternoon, the Greek minister will depart for Brussels, where the Foreign Affairs Council of the European Union will take place.

Tsipras: The aim is to take the name Macedonia back, not give it away

United-Nations brokered talks between Greece and the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM) on the latter’s name are “crucial” and “sensitive,” Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras said on Friday, Kathimerini reports.

Speaking to the press after meeting with Thessaloniki Mayor Yiannis Boutaris in the northern port city, Tsipras said that an agreement for a composite name with a geographical qualifier “in front of the name ‘Macedonia,’” would be a “great victory” for the Greek side.

“Steps have been made and we are moving ahead in defense of a national position,” Tsipras said when asked about the progress of talks, which have reached an apparent stalemate again after a brief signal of a breakthrough last week in talks between the Greek prime minister and his counterpart from Skopje, Zoran Zaev.

Responding to criticism of the government’s handling of the talks, Tsipras said that the aim is to “take something back, not give something away, something that for the past 70 years has been surrendered by others.”

“For over 70 years, our northern neighbors have had a state entity both within the framework of the former Yugoslav federation and as an autonomous state, named ‘Macedonia.’ They bear a name which, in the absence of any other kind of qualifier, references the ancient Greek world and the weighty cultural heritage of Greek Macedonia. This is what we are trying to get back. It isn’t easy,” Tsipras said.
“Securing a qualifier in front of the name ‘Macedonia’ would therefore be a great victory,” he added.

Ivanov was scared into submission with US Army intervention during coup | MINA Report

MINA’s sources close to Ivanov have told us that the Macedonian president considered calling in the army during the coup on April 27th when MPs from a wild (albanian) tribe sang their national anthem in Parliament, followed by SDS traitors who raised both of their hands to vote themselves in power while in the hallways of Parliament.

Ivanov considered bringing in the army and jailing all the terrorists from DUI and the SDS, however Macedonian quislings on US Embassy payroll bluffed Ivanov into submission, lying to him that the US Army from Kosovo (Bondsteel) was ‘ready’ and prepared to attack Macedonia if Ivanov prevented the coup!

Horhe Ivanov fell for this incredibly bizarre and idiotic bluff. Astonishingly, the president actually believed the US would attack a sovereign European country, risk losing hundreds of soldiers and a PR nightmare for Trump over a Murtino pyscho named Zaev!?

MPs from the DPNE were bought not to act in Parliament (remember the DPNE quisling Vladimir Gjorcev protecting Zaev – he works for Baily). Must be pointed out that not everyone was in on it and paid for their submission, a handful (5) DPNE MPs who did act and tried to prevent the coup, all ended up in jail.

As for Ivanov, what an embarrassment! First, US Assistant to the Deputy of EuroAsian Affairs Hoyt Yee bluffed him out of his shoes to sign off the Government to Zaev. Later it was revealed Hoyt Yee did not follow official instructions from the US, instead still worked on Viktoria Nuland’s agenda – and was promptly fired by Tillerson. Yes, Ivanov was bluffed by a fourth grade US diplomat who lost his job the following day.

Next, Ivanov’s own quisling advisors did the same, scared him into submission alleging few hundred transgender US soldiers from Kosovo were ‘ready’. That’s all it took!

Anyone can be a president or prime minister during peace. My grand-mother can manage Macedonia when everything is fine, and she is blind.

It’s what you do when things get rough. Gruevski and Ivanov have miserably failed the country and the people. None of what has happened would be possible if either Ivanov or Gruevski simply followed the law and the Constitution they were sworn-in to protect.

Negotiations in final stage, Dimitrov tells ANA-MPA

Macedonian Foreign Minister Nikola Dimitrov in Brussels told Greek news agency ANA-MPA he believes the name negotiations to be in the final stage.

Dimitrov told ANA-MPA he hoped it was possible for a solution to be reached by the start of the EU Summit on June 28, adding that he had a ‘good meeting’ with his Greek counterpart yesterday.

The Macedonian FM said the talks continue as legal experts from both countries discuss technical aspects. He also said he was expecting both PMs to have a phone conversation during the week.

Dimitrov, according to ANA-MPA, briefed the EU Foreign Ministers on the latest developments in the negotiations, the efforts both countries have been making to reach an agreement on the name issue, as well as the importance of the dispute resolution for the Balkans as a whole.

Kotzias: Final agreement in PMs’ hands

The foreign ministers have completed their part, negotiations continue at expert level, and when they finish, the texts prepared by the ministers will be in the hands of the prime ministers for a final agreement, says Greek Foreign Minister Nikos Kotzias about the name negotiations.

“The foreign ministers have completed the task given by the prime ministers of the two countries. Negotiations at the level of experts regarding technical-legal issues will continue during the day and probably tomorrow. As soon as they are finished, the texts drafted at the level of foreign ministers will be handed over to the prime ministers, who are set to discuss and reach a final agreement,” said the head of Greek diplomacy.

Zaev, Tsipras in phone conversation

The prime ministers of Macedonia and Greece have spoken once or twice over the phone after briefing political parties in both countries a week ago, Greek TV station “Skai” reports.

The conversations between Zoran Zaev and Alexis Tsipras referred to the implementation of the name for all uses (erga omnes) from the set of proposals by UN envoy Matthew Nimetz, in an attempt to close the issue by the European Council summit in June.

Hahn: Name solution a ‘game changer’ in Macedonia’s EU accession process

Commissioner for European Neighbourhood Policy and Enlargement Negotiations Johannes Hahn says the EU is encouraged by the latest round of name talks between Skopje and Athens.

Hahn, who attended Monday an informal breakfast organized by Bulgaria and Austria alongside Macedonia’s Foreign Minister Nikola Dimitrov and his European counterparts, tweeted that the meeting was fruitful and everyone expressed wholehearted support to the negotiations.

“Consensus in the room that a solution to the name issue will be a game changer for the next steps in the EU accession process of Macedonia,” says Commissioner Hahn.

Diplomatic sources told MIA that FM Dimitrov opened the meeting by saying that a framework for a solution to the name has been reached with Greece, while experts are currently working on the text in Athens. He also briefed ministers over the course of reforms required by the EU, saying “this is a historic time for my country.”

“When we launched the process there were significant differences, but I have the impression that we are increasingly on the same side as we move forward,” said Dimitrov.

He referred to Macedonia’s efforts in the fields of judiciary reforms, fight against corruption, dialogue with the opposition, free media, as well as improvement of good neighborly relations.

Gruevski: There’s a witch-hunt against me because I fought hard the name dispute not to be resolved by accepting our neighbors’ terms

Former prime minister and honorary president of VMRO-DPMNE, Nikola Gruevski said Sunday evening on Sitel TV that all cases against him are part of a bigger witch-hunt that has multiple goals.

“One goal is as a prime minister, who fought hard for not allowing the name issue and the national issues to be resolved by accepting the terms of our neighbors, to be defamed, to be humiliated, to be degraded, and to somehow people not be able to make a comparison between my action and the action now. That is when someone says, “Well, he’s convicted,” “he’s accused”, “let’s not make a comparison with him now”,” said Gruevski.

According to him, the second thing in witch-hunt is defocusing the public.

There are other goals, but these are some of the goals that they want to achieve, Gruevski said.

Most citizens think that the Government leads Macedonia in the wrong direction

Asked about the country’s development under this government, 36.8% of the respondents said the country has been moving in the ‘wrong direction’ for the last 12 month. For 35.1% the country has been moving in the ‘right direction’, while 22.4% consider that nothing has changed, according to a poll published Monday evening on TV Telma.

Step by step – Zaev and Tsipras’ activities in line with the agreed framework for compromise

Step by step framework of the Tsipras – Zaev agreement:

1. Defining the new name through Zaev -Tsipras communication

2. Signing the agreement in Prespa meeting in June.

3. The name-dispute agreement goes to the Parliament in Skopje, to be approved by 61 MPs simple majority

4. Greece will send a letter to NATO to say yes to Skopje’s accession under conditionality (ie. after the constitutional change)

5. Greece will send letter to the EU that supports Skopje accession talks, under conditionality that Constitution change happens in the period of 12 months at latest

6. On 28-29 June, Zaev will be invited to the EU summit to officially receive a date for the start of accession negotiations.

6-a. On 11-12 July, Skopje will receive an official invitation for NATO.

7. A referendum will take place in Skopje in October. Zaev wants an outcome showing that majority of his citizens accept the framework name change agreement.

8. Based on the expected strong referendum approval, Zaev will ask the Parliament from position & opposition parties to support 2/3 majority the constitutional changes.

9. The agreement on the name change of Skopje will come to the Greek Parliament for voting, and afterwards the ratification process for the NATO membership will start in other countries.

10. UN, EU & NATO countries will recognise the new name.

Greek TV Skai: Several-phase process to name agreement

If the Macedonian, Greek Prime Ministers, Zoran Zaev and Alexis Tsipras respectively, agree in the next few days on a solution to the name issue in the key phone conversation and convene a meeting in Prespa to make it official, several phases would follow until the parliaments of two countries ratify the deal.

Part of Greek media, including TV Skai, published the steps to finalizing the possible name agreement. Namely, a completion of the negotiations of expert teams on technical, legal issues is to be followed by Zaev-Tsipras phone conversation, which according to the national Greek TV ERT should take place this Thursday or Friday.

TV Skai says Athens and Skopje have not yet iron their differences over the scope of usage of the new name, namely the ‘erga omnes’ principle, as well as the revision of Macedonia’s constitution.

The Zaev-Tsipras phone conversation would be vital point and determine the next steps.

After Prespa, where the name agreement should be signed, a several-phase process would follow:

PM Zaev is to put the document for voting at Macedonia’s Parliament, for which simple majority would be required.

After getting green light by Macedonian lawmakers, Greece will sent a letter to NATO notifying its approval for Macedonia’s to join the Alliance, conditioned with constitutional revision.

At the upcoming EU summit, scheduled for 28-29 June, Macedonia would officially get a date for opening the EU accession talks.

During the NATO Summit on 11-12 July Macedonia will get official membership invitation.

In September or October, Macedonia will call for a referendum on the new name.

Afterwards the Macedonian Parliament should approve constitutional revision with a two-third majority.

The next step is for the name agreement to be ratified by the Greek Parliament.

According to Greek media, the new name would be one of the three proposals of UN mediator Matthew Nimetz: ‘Republic New Macedonia’, ‘Republic Northern Macedonia’ and ‘Republic Upper Macedonia’.

Zaev pays an official visit to Malta

A government delegation led by PM Zoran Zaev is paying an official visit to Malta on Tuesday and Wednesday.

According to the Cabinet’s press release, PM Zaev will meet with President of Malta Marie-Louise Coleiro Preca, and Maltese PM Joseph Muscat, followed by a plenary session between the two government delegations.

Zaev will also meet with Maltese Parliament Speaker Angelo Farrugia.

Macedonians in Malta quit meeting with traitor Zaev – pointless talking to him | MINA Report

From the official PR of the Macedonian community in Malta after meeting with Zaev:
———-
At the request of Zoran Zaev who is on a two-day working visit to Malta, the Macedonian community in Malta, today, May 9th 2018 held a brief meeting with a government delegation led by the self appointed prime minister. At the meeting, the Macedonian community in Malta, which successfully works for 2,5 years and has over 5000 members, expressed its dissatisfaction that the meeting was not held in its new premises in order to show its work and influence in the community.

At the meeting officials of the Macedonian community in Malta, used the opportunity to request an answer in regards to a protest letter they sent to the minister of Diaspora Edmond Ademi in March of this year. The Prime Minister confirmed that he received the letter and added that “protest and different thinking are the democratic right of every man and that is why there is a debate”.

During the meeting, we, representatives of the Macedonian community in Malta have confirmed our views that we firmly stand against changing the constitutional name of the republic of Macedonia, the constitution in any way, and strongly oppose the law of languages, and will continue to tirelessly work towards promoting the Macedonian cause and protection of Macedonian identity.

Due to the fact we had no common view on any topic of our conversation, we, the Macedonian community’s officials in Malta decided that it is pointless to continue the conversation when it is more than obvious that both sides represent two completely different views and prematurely ended the meeting. #WeAreMacedonia #OneName #MACEDONIAONLY!

With respect Macedonian community in Malta

Reactions: Ca.
Zaev: We have never been closer to a solution, talks with Greece continue

We are moving towards NATO and EU, we are solving disputes, we are strengthening our identity. The Government is continuing the talks with Greece, said Prime Minister Zoran Zaev at Wednesday’s press conference observing one year since its formation.

We have never been closer to a solution and the friendship between the two countries and the two peoples has never been bigger. The Macedonian language has been confirmed, our identity has been confirmed. This issue is not easy, but Macedonia needs leadership in order to move forward, not empty words,” said PM Zaev flanked by the cabinet ministers.

According to him, a referendum over the name is to be held, at which citizens will have a final say.

True patriots are those who are securing the future of the Macedonian citizens following the settlement of the name dispute. Macedonia joins NATO and we are solving a 25-year-long dispute that has dragged down the country,” added Zaev.

He said the Government has been committed to changes on behalf of the citizens, and the past year has been a year of changes, while Macedonia is built as a country of all citizens.

We have made Macedonia an open and stable country, a land of opportunities that rests on five pillars – economic growth, reforms, institutions that serve citizens, one society for all, and EU and NATO integration,” said Zaev.

Nikoloski: One year of Zaev’s government, one year of economic collapse

He stressed that 90,000 citizens are taking increased minimum salaries as a result of the Government’s measures, while the average salary in the country has increased by 5.6 percent compared to last year.

Zaev: First we will change the name in Parliament, then hold a referendum

There is still no agreement over the name, Prime Minister Zoran Zaev said on Wednesday.

“There is no agreement yet. As stated by foreign ministers Dimitrov and Kotzias, the principles of the agreement have been defined and now comes the legal-formal aspect of the agreement. I believe a conversation between myself and PM Tsipras will take place these days – this evening, tomorrow or Friday. I expect a significant step forward and we will inform the public accordingly,” PM Zaev told reporters following a press conference observing one year since the government’s formation.

Regarding the steps for the agreement’s implementation, he said there is nothing secretive and these aspects were discussed at the recent leaders’ meeting.

“Besides the formal aspect of the possible agreement, there should also be discussions over the timeline for its implementation. Macedonia favors a referendum and Greece understands this. It is logical to set up the steps for implementation of a possible agreement,” added Zaev.

He refrained from mentioning adjectives to the name because talks are currently in the final stages.

Asked why the agreement would need ratification in Parliament by a simple majority of 61 votes prior to the referendum, the PM said this is needed so that Greece sends a letter to NATO approving Macedonia’s membership invitation.

“The agreement’s ratification is supported by both governments and probably the parliamentary majority, I hope a larger one that includes the opposition. However, the referendum has the final say, probably by the end of September or the beginning of October. Citizens will give us the guidelines through an open and transparent procedure, which is the way to solve problems,” stressed Zaev.

Pertaining to the possibility of changes in history books following the Bulgaria Friendship Treaty, as well as protection of the Macedonian minority in Bulgaria, the PM said the agreement clearly stated that Macedonia would defend the rights of its community outside of its borders, in line with international agreements that are binding for all countries.

“The rights of Macedonians are in no way jeopardized. In addition, Macedonia and Bulgaria share history, the Balkans has a shared history, Europe has a shared history. However, Macedonia has a history of its own, as does Bulgaria. Activities of the committees for implementation of the Friendship Treaty will be transparent and accountable to citizens,” stressed Zaev.

Referendum on the name in September or October

“There is no agreement yet. As stated by foreign ministers Dimitrov and Kotzias, the principles of the agreement have been defined and now comes the legal-formal aspect of the agreement. I believe a conversation between myself and PM Tsipras will take place these days – this evening, tomorrow or Friday,” Prime Minister Zaev told reporters following a press conference observing one year since the government’s formation.

Zaev virtually confirmed the information published by some of the media on Tuesday. The Prime Minister announced that the possible agreement with Tsipras would need ratification in Parliament by a simple majority of 61 votes prior to the referendum, adding that this is needed so that Greece sends a letter to NATO approving Macedonia’s membership invitation.

“However, the referendum has the final say, probably by the end of September or the beginning of October”, he said.

The Prime Minister says he is awaiting the outcome of the telephone conversation with Tsipras after he announced a new leadership meeting, and Foreign Minister Dimitrov will share the details of the talks in Brussels with President Ivanov.

Both the President and the opposition leader accused Tuesday that they have no information on the course of the negotiations.

President Ivanov refuses erga omnes name solution

A solution to Macedonia’s name under ‘erga omnes’ condition is not acceptable for President Gjorge Ivanov, his office said in a press release on Wednesday, ahead of a meeting with the head of diplomacy, on which he is supposed to be briefed on the negotiations with Greece.

With this message, President Ivanov basically announces that he will not sign the agreement that, according to the framework agreed between the ministers Nikola Dimitrov and Nikos Kotzias, should be adopted with an absolute majority in parliament, which will be confirmed only after the referendum, because it will have the weight of an international agreement. Such an announcement comes from the cabinet before deciding which name is on the table between Macedonia and Greece and which, theoretically, can be acceptable for us, even if it is the Republic of Macedonia, which makes his move hasty and detrimental to the name talks.

‘The President’s stance is one of principle and at the same time coincides with the positions of all Macedonia’s Presidents thus far. His stance is that he doesn’t accept a solution to the name issue for overall use or erga omnes,’ the press release reads.

It also notifies that Ivanov is set to meet Foreign Minister Nikola Dimitrov on Thursday.

Ivanov meets with Dimitrov: Name negotiations a personal game between Zaev and Tsipras | MINA Report

The President of the Republic of Macedonia, Dr. Gjorge Ivanov, met today with Nikola Dimitrov, Zaev’s Minister of Foreign Affairs.

At the meeting, Dimitrov informally informed about the recent developments related to the name talks, without enclosing any written document, despite repeated requests by the president to receive written official updates.

At the meeting, President Ivanov stressed that the failure to abide by the legal provisions for concluding international agreements, the entire process resembles a personal agreement between the two prime ministers (Zaev, Tsipras).

-The whole process resembles a personal agreement between Prime Minister Zaev and Prime Minister Tsipras, which has not provided a national consensus in the Republic of Macedonia. My position is that I do not accept a solution to the name issue for overall use, or erga omnes, said the Macedonian President.

President Ivanov underlined that the conclusion of an international agreement should be in accordance with the Constitution of the Republic of Macedonia, rather than foresee its amendment.

Pathological liar Zaev confident of Macedonia entering EU | MINA Report

Macedonia is just a step away from getting a date to start the EU accession negotiations, and for joining NATO, the country’s illegal Prime Minister Zoran Zaev said, stressing that the dispute with Greece will be resolved, which will “strengthen the identity of the state and its citizens”. However, these comments as most of his statements are not entirely justified, and this is an understatement.

Zaev at an extraordinary press conference in Skopje estimated that the friendship between Greece and Macedonia was never greater than it is now.

“The identity of the Macedonians will be confirmed by the new name. The state needs leadership and progress, not just empty words”, Zaev said.

He confirmed that the last word about the name of that former Yugoslav republic will be had by citizens in a referendum, and that “true patriots” are those who, as he said, “lead the country forward”.

“Resolving this dispute, means entering NATO for us. The region could not afford us to move backwards. Macedonia is on the right track, all reached reforms are recognized in all EU countries. We have shown the world that the political crisis is behind us”, Zaev said.
However, he did not confirm that the new name “Northern Macedonia” was agreed to, saying that nothing has yet been agreed.

“There is another conversation with Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras, and when we achieve anything new, I will share that with the citizens”, Zaev stated and reiterated that he is firmly in line with the fact that citizens will vote on the new name of the state in a referendum.

On the other side, Zaev’s statements prompted the reaction of the Greek government who also confirmed that there was no agreement and that the Greek government’s position was always very clear.

“The precondition for Macedonia’s integration into NATO and the EU is an agreement on a new name that will contain a geographical term or historical reference, or a position, which also requires constitutional changes”, as Tsipras stated.

Tsipras also stated following: “However, even before this ping-pong on both sides, it became clear that there was an obstacle to the final solution. This is nothing but a problem within Skopje, where Zaev is not in a position to impose anything. He did not provide a consensus on constitutional changes. In other words, the opposition so far did not accepted any of the names that were offered during the negotiation process, which could be accepted as constitutional”.

Despite Zaev’s claims, well known for making out of step with reality, there is absolutely no consensus within Macedonia over any change of name, in fact huge majority of the country is strongly against it – hence why Zaev was brought to power via a US and Brussels lead coup.

Zaev rose to power after a forced change-over of power in Skopje, as the result of years of US directly pushing and funding its Soros organized NGO’s on the ground. In several instances, these took the form of protests which were less than impressive. The former government pushed back with counter-protests, creating an 18 month stalemate which ended in the rise of the US’s hand-picked man, Zaev.

To the point, euroskepticism is growing in both Macedonia and, riding a wave that placed in Tsipras in power, in Greece as well. In order for Macedonia to be accepted into the EU, Greece would have to agree to Macedonia’s proposed new name, whatever that may be. However, neither large sections of Tsipras’ own party, nor an ever growing consensus among Macedonians really care to see Macedonia enter into the EU. As an example, they cite both Bulgaria and Croatia who have gotten poorer followed by mass immigration after entering the EU.

Likewise is the case with NATO – natives to the region generally see a rise of NATO activity as a major destabilizing rather than stabilizing factor, considering that Yugoslavia and the Balkans alliance, and the Warsaw Pact, together created a balanced and stable region until the 1990’s. Since then, the region has been plagued with economic instability under the matrix of neo-liberal economic reforms and austerity.
Therefore, the ‘name’ controversy over Macedonia has spared the country from entry into the EU and NATO. Furthermore, as tensions between the US and EU grow, the relationship between the EU and NATO is in the process of significant change.

If Macedonia survives the Deep State and MI6’s clown Zoran Zaev, the country indeed has a prosperous future. But this is a big ‘if’.

DPNE pleads with Macedonians to protest, after ignoring them earlier | MINA Report

DPNE’s leader Hristijan Mickoski from Prilep called for massive protests on June 2 in the Macedonian capital. This is from a party who ignored the same people who took to the streets in massive numbers earlier this year.

He told the Prilep residents that the reign of Zoran Zaev was filled with unrealistic promises and colorful lies.

– They were lying in the pre-election campaign, lied that they would bring a 500-euro average salary, lied that the doctors specialists would earn an average salary of 100,000 denars. Promised more subsidies for farmers, promising a better standard for young people, promising larger pensions for pensioners and nothing has happened – said Miskovski.

Apparently, for the DPNE leader this is the main focus, the salaries, not the ongoing firesale of the country (changing of history, renaming of country, renaming of church…)

Mickoski also referred to the government’s celebration of a one-year government, stating that it was hypocritical that the whole government was ordered before the monument of our liberators, because there was a difference between the partisans who freed the state and the government that plundered the country.

He pointed out that the Zaev government has no progress in any area.

During his speech, Mickoski failed to mentioned the name negotiations, instead kept focusing on economic activity.

According to our Skopje based reporter, Pero Stamatovski, the DPNE expects at least 30,000 protesters.

June 2nd protest – Live | MINA Report

Macedonians from Berlin - Поздрав од 'Децата на Сонцето'

Предупредување за Заев од Берлин, барања до германските и македонските власти (ФОТО ГАЛЕРИЈА)

Децата на Сонцето.v1 (1).png

Opposition leader calls for early parliamentary election in Macedonia

A massive civil rally against the policy conducted by the current Macedonian government was launched in the country’s capital in front of the republic’s building

Leader of the largest Macedonian opposition party - The Internal Macedonian Revolutionary Organization - Democratic Party for Macedonian National Unity (VMRO-DPMNE) - Hristijan Mickoski said in his speech at an anti-government rally on Saturday that the party does not support any changes to the country’s constitution aimed at adopting a new state name and demanded early parliamentary election, TASS reports from the venue.

"I would like to use the chance and repeat that the VMRO-DPMNE does not support changes to the constitution for the sake of changing the country’s state name. There can’t be any clearer position than this one! History will judge who was right," Mickoski stated.

"This is a historical period for all of us, an intersection where we are located in our existence and in our history; the state name issue is pending. Many expect our opinion on this problem, and I have no choice here but to be fair and open," he added. The VMRO-DPMNE leader also demanded an early parliamentary election in 2019, simultaneously with the presidential election.

"Let’s stop them until it becomes too late. There should be elections - an early parliamentary election together with a presidential election. Let’s form a technocratic government 100 days ahead of the election and see whether people will agree to what Zoran Zayev and SDSM are doing," Mickoski said, addressing the gathered citizens. Zoran Zayev is leader of the Social Democratic Union of Macedonia (SDSM).

The party currently needs powers, responsibility and decisiveness for changes to come, Mickoski said. "The Macedonian people are rising to their feet when it is most difficult and most needed," the politician stressed.

A massive civil rally against the policy conducted by the current Macedonian government was launched in the country’s capital at 20:00 local time (21:00 Moscow time) in front of the republic’s building. The rally, which is taking place under the slogan "Macedonia will win," gathered more than 40,000 participants, according to organizers.

Over 60,000 Macedonians protest criminal Government junta in Skopje | MINA Report

sekerinska.jpg

A large number of citizens at today’s protest against the criminal government of Zoran Zaev organized by the opposition party VMRO-DPMNE expressed their dissatisfaction with the work of the government in the Republic of Macedonia.

a-protest-cover.jpg

Over 60,000 citizens gathered to protest the policies of the Government that currently leads Macedonia.

Citizens from all parts of the country arrived in front of the Government at the protest organized by VMRO-DPMNE, despite attempts by the Government to reduce the number by employing police who blocked the main highways leading to Skopje.

a-protest.jpg

Must be noted, there were SDS voters who appeared at the protest with many tearing their SDS membership cards…

kniska-SDSM.jpg

Back
Top Bottom