Maternal Deprivation in young children.

munaychasumaq

Dagobah Resident
This is a video shown studies cases of the effects of maternal deprivation in young children.Apparently the most of them were orphans, whose didn't have the opportunity to meet a compassionate adult during their short lives until they arrive to this kind of therapy.I have to say that was really painful to watch this video,but this information maybe can help in some way.

Very interesting Munaychasumaq. How sad to see these kids. Even if they improved I am wondering how they have become as adults, how their life was...

I am also wondering how they are now...Just to think how sad theirs lives were as infants is devastating.I want to think that some of them were a strong resilient beings and came out on top,but who knows...:-(

Heartbreaking. I too wonder if they made it... And nowadays many of them would just be given drugs and one or another diagnosis, probably.

It reminded me of this, which was shared somewhere else on the forum once. You have to watch till the end to see where she came from, and the transformation.

Thank you Chu for this story. Very sad and I hope that this little girl will be ok, now. I hope!

On February 14 of this year, the same youtube channel uploaded a 2015 BBS Radio interview with Beth at age 32. I just started listening to it. It is heartening, she sounds very healthy. It's about 49 minutes long.

Beth Thomas from the HBO 'Child of Rage' documentary is interviewed at age 32, and she discusses her transformation from a sadistic psychopath to a fully recovered 'award winning' nurse.

Last edited:
It was heartbreaking to watchthese videos, and I too wonder how the children in the first video are now as adults. I’m glad Beth (Child of Rage) seems to have pulled it together as an adult. Thanks for posting them.

Thank you girls ( if munaychasumaq is not one I apologise). This is normal behaviour for abused children, unfortunately. Good thing is that kids can recover with help from experts but also lots of love is needed. They never experienced any.

The first video was actually joyful to watch, to see these children beginning to thrive, play and explore and socialize. That was what I meant here in this other thread, that at least there is also a positive 'default' mode in the human being that can develop if it gets a chance, even with these difficult backgrounds. The video by Chu was though, but even there the improvements are so good to see. I didn't listen the follow up interview yet.
All very interesting, Thank you. 'Inside The Criminal Mind' left me with a bit of doom regarding negativity in people, but this here is a good reminder about other situations and potential.

Thank you Meg! I listened to it in the course of a few days. And indeed, she does seem very caring and normal now! I thought that the interviewer was TERRIBLE, but that Beth handled her quite well.

Given her background, I think it's understandable that she may view so many people as having attachment disorder, and not as born psychopaths. She doesn't say so herself, but it's what can be inferred when she mentions evil in this world. And for all we know, this is true, and a big percentage of "psychopaths" weren't really born that way. Dr. Frankenstein talks about it in his book Psychopathy, and about how those first years of life are crucial. There is nature, yes, but problems at birth and nurture contribute a lot to the particular outcome. And then, the inner strength or the life lessons of each individual, I guess. Beth could have not changed at all, for example, like many, many others.

On February 14 of this year, the same youtube channel uploaded a 2015 BBS Radio interview with Beth at age 32. I just started listening to it. It is heartening, she sounds very healthy. It's about 49 minutes long.

Beth Thomas from the HBO 'Child of Rage' documentary is interviewed at age 32, and she discusses her transformation from a sadistic psychopath to a fully recovered 'award winning' nurse.

Thank you very much for the first video Chu and Meg for the second one. :flowers: Beth Thomas is 35 years now.She talks about her trauma with strength and hope.She loves her job as nurse in the neonatal ICU.She teaches young mothers and everybody that want to listen to her that attachment disorder can be cured.As she says love is not enough,the victims of attachment disorder need an expert.
It's a tremendous joy to know she made it.

I finish with her words: "...even though we all have our past what i have come to realize that is not your past what defines you.It is what you choose to do with your future that matters."

Here a link that is provided by Beth and the end of the video.

https://www.attachment.org/therapists/

I would like to share more successful cases of recovery from attachment disorders.Nancy Thomas is the second adoptive mother of Beth Thomas,The child of range documentary that Chu share it.This woman`s therapy helped Beth and many children to recover from their traumas.

The first video is about the therapy and how it is applied.

This one is about the stories of wounded children.How they looked before and how they looked after the therapy.In the 0:36 seconds Nancy and Beth are together.

Thank you very much for the first video Chu and Meg for the second one. :flowers: Beth Thomas is 35 years now.She talks about her trauma with strength and hope.She loves her job as nurse in the neonatal ICU.She teaches young mothers and everybody that want to listen to her that attachment disorder can be cured.As she says love is not enough,the victims of attachment disorder need an expert.
It's a tremendous joy to know she made it.

I finish with her words: "...even though we all have our past what i have come to realize that is not your past what defines you.It is what you choose to do with your future that matters."

Here a link that is provided by Beth and the end of the video.

https://www.attachment.org/therapists/

Yes, I thought Beth's recovery and now leading a stable adult life, while being an active contributor to the well-being of society a pretty amazing turnaround. It was wonderful to hear her on the radio show, she seemed so strong and grounded even with the interviewer being so emotional and all over the place, like Chu mentioned. She brings a strong message of hope to parents and children alike.

I sort of can identify with her struggles, being a somewhat bad child in my younger years. The badness took a whole lot of experiences and lessons to finally understand and get a hold of. It's like the C's said - a twisted inner being - I got so twisted inside chasing my own tail that I couldn't see the light that was right in front of me. Still, I'm not where I want to be and I have so much more to learn.

Back
Top Bottom