Member needs direction

I have been a regular reader of the forum and member of FOTCM for almost 4 years.

Last year (Jan 24, 2014) I posted about contributing more as a member with a new direction. I may have not wrote much original additional material, but always meant too. I could not decide if it would be just noise. I still have moved forward in my study and knowledge in all areas.
Now that the direction of this forum and FOTCM has become more important by validation of recent events occurring, I would like some advice on how I can help do what is required of me so I participate as an active member.

My situation as a member has resulted in very little networking, even though I have tried to begin some forms of conversation in the past year on this forum in some way, but it seemed that my efforts were not enough to gain any trust with the group. Or that I am not considered as genuine and just a person following the latest trends.

Keep in mind that the knowledge I have gained by reading suggest works; “Earth Changes and the Human-Cosmic Connection”, 30 years among the dead (suggested by the Knowledge and Being information), various suggested psychology works etc. and continual working on meditation with EE (helping my sons with this); I have found the direction of the truth in which I have always desired to know; but I thirst to learn more and apply the knowledge I have gained.

Being the only member in an entire state (at least to my understanding) is very lonely. I have been trying to apply the Work principles by helping those (though knowledge) not familiar with these areas of thinking. This is very often discouraging for me, since most of the interactions I have, I must delicately discuss different ideas, which is meet with very ridged belief systems based on the culture in my area. Most of the insights I share would not even be considered as anything viable or serious; even though, I do make my case well enough, I seem to distance myself with friends, which make it more difficult in doing anything other than preparation with myself though knowledge.

As a matter of fact, I don't even know my standing in FOTCM at all, so this request on more direction would be moot.

Is there someone I can connect with though email or other means so I may apply networking with other members? Someone that I can consider as a friend that may suggest what I could do to use my talents to help others? I have felt I am not resonating at all, like I am doing something wrong and for some reason, swept under the rug. I know some comments I have made on the forum may have not been appropriate, but I felt I tried to rectify the best I could and be considered as someone to have an active discussion with.

I do love reading this board, SOTT and listening to all that is available. I feel like I am going to lose that most precious piece of communication with our higher selves, which I’d looked for most excitedly every day! I was ready to accept that this distance with you all, is part of my lessons in this life and further progress is not possible for me which I must suffer a set fate of insufficient knowledge but be drowned in desire to serve but unable, like a man that lost something very precious, only to think that it was just a dream.

I do hope that I can make the correct decisions which could bring me some comfort in these times, that I may protect my family any way possible.

What I have learned all these years here I will hold in my heart, I don't need acceptance, for I know I what I know and that gives me some peace and that I am grateful.

Please is there anyone that can help me… Anyone?

KingTiger said:
My situation as a member has resulted in very little networking, even though I have tried to begin some forms of conversation in the past year on this forum in some way, but it seemed that my efforts were not enough to gain any trust with the group. Or that I am not considered as genuine and just a person following the latest trends.

I wouldn't say that. But I think you've identified the problem: very little networking (51 posts posts since 2008, that's about 1 post a month). That's really what it's all about. FOTCM is a community-oriented community ( :lol: ), and people in communities need to know each other and be on the same page about things. That means sharing, sharing, sharing. Making observations, getting feedback, assimilating that feedback and so on. It's not just about sharing information or ideas about stuff: it's the nitty-gritty real-life details, how we deal with them, what we learn, who we are. So if you want to make efforts, I'd say just be yourself. Let us know how you're doing, what your stumbling blocks are, what your skills are, etc. We don't 'recruit' for projects. If someone wants to help, that's great, but they have to express an interest. And we've got PLENTY of projects: SOTT, editing, translating, videos, social networking, EE, artwork, etc.

Being the only member in an entire state (at least to my understanding) is very lonely. I have been trying to apply the Work principles by helping those (though knowledge) not familiar with these areas of thinking. This is very often discouraging for me, since most of the interactions I have, I must delicately discuss different ideas, which is meet with very ridged belief systems based on the culture in my area. Most of the insights I share would not even be considered as anything viable or serious; even though, I do make my case well enough, I seem to distance myself with friends, which make it more difficult in doing anything other than preparation with myself though knowledge.

That's a tricky situation. I can't recall, have you brought it up on the forum before? If you haven't, posting about it in a relevant thread or board here would be a great way of sharing. Many people here are either in similar situations, or have gone through them in the past. So you'd get some good feedback, and we'd get to know you more.

As a matter of fact, I don't even know my standing in FOTCM at all, so this request on more direction would be moot.

Unless you have heard otherwise, your 'standing' should be the same it was when you joined. :)

Is there someone I can connect with though email or other means so I may apply networking with other members? Someone that I can consider as a friend that may suggest what I could do to use my talents to help others? I have felt I am not resonating at all, like I am doing something wrong and for some reason, swept under the rug. I know some comments I have made on the forum may have not been appropriate, but I felt I tried to rectify the best I could and be considered as someone to have an active discussion with.

Sounds like you're saying you want to network without networking. ;) Were there any replies to your posts in particular that gave you the you're not someone we could have an 'active discussion' with? If so, let us know and we can talk about it. Not on the phone, but right here, with the network.

Thank you Approaching Infinity (AI). I will begin my networking by expanding on your replies.

I do understand that I am not very prolific with my posts, rest assured, I am always thinking on what I could possibly write. However, since I am software engineer, I do spend little time on social networks because I am very aware of the monitoring that goes on.

Since in my last employment, I was a classified government contractor and warned that I could not discuss in any way, possible opinions, insights, observations or knowledge in any form which may be compromising to my agreements. A simple example; when Wiki-leaks exposed the Iraq videos, I was forbidden, with termination of employment, to view, visit or participate on sites linked to this type of information. I followed the rules and limited my networking for over five years. Since I am no longer employed as a contractor, I still do have limitations, based on my clearance, and must be very careful what I write. I could have shared to others at that time more understandings on these topics in US politics, international politics, preparedness and safety in the past years on this forum and improved my networking skills, but I could not, which I hope you now understand. You would be surprised on what one would consider as classified.

Beware that I am more likely to be monitored for every post from any source that I participate in and I do not want to get this forum any more noticed than it already has.

As for contribution, I have been doing experimental projects (my own research) on brain wave monitoring used in meditation (Alpha, beta theta, Gamma waves) and applying it with feedback using Robert’s Monroe’s Hemi Sync work. I am also doing work with quantum random numbers and I have been finding out these are not as random as we think. There is a correlation to our awareness and perceived randomness. It is like in third density, we are seeing just a portion of a pattern that is complete based on all possible dimensions and densities. To us, it looks random, but form a higher awareness, it is a pattern.
This is how I can to a theory that we can communicate with higher densities, tying feedback with our brainwaves and random numbers in synchronization; which is how I theorize the working with the spirit board, in which feedback is indirectly linked to the muscles moving the pointer, but are based on the states of the meditative brain.

I did mention this in a much earlier post, but got no feedback or any interest to continue further discussions, so I dropped it.

As for discussions on interacting with others, I did mention in earlier posts that I have a good friend that used NLP and shared some insights that I had, and as the above, there was no feedback or interest to continue any further discussions, so I dropped it.

I live in Utah, and as most of the world knows it is founded on the ideals of Mormonism. I have some great insights on this issue since I have a firsthand experience dealing with it. I would like to discuss what is going on with the members and my interactions. Currently there seems to be a division happening from current doctrine to fundamentalism. How can I expand and share with other people who have their beliefs set in stone with any new way of thinking without loosing my job? Would there be any interest in this topic? I have had jobs here in Utah that I would be fired from if I were to propose the idea that the story of Jesus is just a story; how one would handle a discussion like this?

As you see AI, I have lots to say, help and share, so let the networking begin!

Thank you for clarifying about your not being able to post. Although, you can post your thoughts about things that are already being discussed, but do not infringe on the subjects you cannot speak on. You don't have to come up with your own thread to network with others. Just give your thoughts about subjects that are already being discussed, as I said above.

KingTiger said:
I live in Utah, and as most of the world knows it is founded on the ideals of Mormonism. I have some great insights on this issue since I have a firsthand experience dealing with it. I would like to discuss what is going on with the members and my interactions. Currently there seems to be a division happening from current doctrine to fundamentalism. How can I expand and share with other people who have their beliefs set in stone with any new way of thinking without loosing my job? Would there be any interest in this topic? I have had jobs here in Utah that I would be fired from if I were to propose the idea that the story of Jesus is just a story; how one would handle a discussion like this?

One of the things about sharing information from what Laura has written, or other topics, is that it's best not to share these things without being asked for this information. You are correct, most people just don't get it, nor do they want to. They are not at the place, yet, where they would be curious about these things. We all have our own lessons to learn so it's best not to try to introduce new lessons to them when they haven't gotten through the lessons they are trying learn at this time. As Gurdjieff said (and I'm paraphrasing), don't share the information we teach here because, for one, you have to understand it very, very well in order to explain it correctly; and, two, most people do not want to know it in the first place and think you are a whacko. :D

You mentioned a couple o the things you've read, but The Wave series was not one of them. Have you read any of the other books Laura has written?

Also, you aren't the only one who is not able to talk to other like-minded people in person. However, belonging to the forum, and NETWORKING here will help. So, too, will joining one of the groups like being a SOTT editor, or translating, or typing up SOTT radio programs, etc. In these groups you can network even more.

Anyway, don't not post something because you think that no one reads it. Heck, I'll post something in a thread that is ongoing and all of a sudden, after I post, no one posts after it. I'd have stopped a long time ago if I let that bother me. So jump in and post your thoughts about ongoing discussions. If someone says something negative about it, you learn from it, you grow. That's what a network is all about - learning about ourselves so we can improve who we are.

KingTiger said:
Thank you Approaching Infinity (AI). I will begin my networking by expanding on your replies.

I do understand that I am not very prolific with my posts, rest assured, I am always thinking on what I could possibly write. However, since I am software engineer, I do spend little time on social networks because I am very aware of the monitoring that goes on.

Since in my last employment, I was a classified government contractor and warned that I could not discuss in any way, possible opinions, insights, observations or knowledge in any form which may be compromising to my agreements. A simple example; when Wiki-leaks exposed the Iraq videos, I was forbidden, with termination of employment, to view, visit or participate on sites linked to this type of information. I followed the rules and limited my networking for over five years. Since I am no longer employed as a contractor, I still do have limitations, based on my clearance, and must be very careful what I write. I could have shared to others at that time more understandings on these topics in US politics, international politics, preparedness and safety in the past years on this forum and improved my networking skills, but I could not, which I hope you now understand. You would be surprised on what one would consider as classified.

Beware that I am more likely to be monitored for every post from any source that I participate in and I do not want to get this forum any more noticed than it already has.

Thanks, KingTiger! You see, already I feel like I know you a little better. I can also understand your hesitancy to post about some issues given what you've written. But just remember, even with the restrictions you've mentioned, you can still say a lot. After all, we discuss a LOT of topics here! Health, diet, meditation, interpersonal issues, personal programs, relationship issues. That's what I meant by it not being just about posting theoretical stuff. I tend to like the theoretical stuff (philosophy, psychology, ideas, tidbits of interesting stuff), but when it comes down to it, while important, that stuff isn't the most important. I think the really important stuff is the "simple karmic understandings" in life. In other words, how we interact with others, the way we treat them, the thoughts that go through our minds, our emotions and how they influence our actions. And the techniques to make use of that knowledge and put it into practice to become better people. To have less fear, more will, more understanding.

So, thanks for the good start, and I look forward to reading more from you!

Thank you Nienna,

You mentioned a couple o the things you've read, but The Wave series was not one of them. Have you read any of the other books Laura has written?

I have all of Laura's books, I read the entire wave series, I read High Strangeness (both editions), Secret History, I have mostly read, Book two I have, but have not started on (I read the other comet one though), The last one I did read in its entirety. I read the first C's sessions book and waiting for more, I have obtain most of the suggested books which are in my reading queue. I am currently working on attachments and studying the suggested works, I love 30 years among the dead, which I am almost done and I have another suggested one which is next.

I not a fast reader, but I try every day to read in these areas. I do like to read other ones and would like to post my insights on them, I am re-reading all of Carlos Castaneda books, which I find fascinating.
I have a collection of hundreds of book on metaphysics, channeling from many different angles and many others in my collection of over 25 years. I bet I have read some book that Laura never have even heard of, and maybe, I will dust off the bookshelves and post summaries of these.

KingTiger said:

Hi King Tiger,

I too feel lonely at times on this path of learning and gaining knowledge in the Work. What helps me here is practicing "strategic enclosure" and "external consideration" in my day-to-day living and interactions with people. I have realized that I cannot change others, nor do I want to. I do not want to interfere with their lessons. It gets tricky for me with my immediate family members. My parents are strict Catholics with very rigid belief systems. I love them dearly and so I try and find ways to be on common ground with them...to relate. It's difficult for me at times, but I find every now and then, a little progress is made.

Hope this helps a bit.

Hello kingtiger seconded what and others you have advised, like you, I also have times when I feel lonely, people around me are not interested in knowing the truth, I had to distance myself from some people because when chatting with them really felt that entoxicaban me, another strategy that has worked for me is to enter the forum and realize that actually being here is like a family, there are many people who kindly give very useful advice, but I have not participated, read sott everyday and always enter the forum here is a lesson to learn, is lots of information available to our growth, I hope this helps :)

Hi KingTiger,

Nice reading your post which I found most interesting. If I may ask, what work are you doing now? (assuming you won't have to kill me after telling me :) )

KingTiger said:
I have a collection of hundreds of book on metaphysics, channeling from many different angles and many others in my collection of over 25 years.

I've also got quite a collection of books all weird and wonderful. However when I look through my collection, I sometimes get seriously embarrassed! Some of the concepts are soooo ......well..."new agey, airy fairy happy valley in heaven :P, and they held me back for quite some time as I patiently waited for the good guys to come and save our souls...YEESH! :huh:

[quote author=KingTiger]
I bet I have read some book that Laura never have even heard of, and maybe, I will dust off the bookshelves and post summaries of these.
[/quote]

I wouldn't place that bet anytime soon....you are guaranteed to lose money :lol:

Looking forward to seeing more of you here!

Kinyash

I've been reading/following the c's since around 2009 and consider sott.net my primary avenue for news from the web. I recall several times during the previous few years where I wanted to engage with this group but didn't....shame on me. I'm here now and my intention is to be active within the larger forum as well as all others that resonate with me.

focus.evans said:
I've been reading/following the c's since around 2009 and consider sott.net my primary avenue for news from the web. I recall several times during the previous few years where I wanted to engage with this group but didn't....shame on me. I'm here now and my intention is to be active within the larger forum as well as all others that resonate with me.

focus.evans,

If you haven't done a short introduction yet (doesn't have to be long) just go to the general Newbies section here: https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/board,39.0.html
You can see how others have done theirs first if you want. Then just start your intro as a new topic with the topic button. Most have "Hello" in the topic somewhere.

Your short introduction will be more quickly noticed I think in the general Newbies Forum section.

I think with all the current events going on that it has everyone kind of bogged down a little so I am just trying to fill in some. Anyway I give you a pre-welcome of sorts. It's good to have you here.

I hope this helps,

goyacobol :)

Thank you for your reply Kinyash;

Nice reading your post which I found most interesting. If I may ask, what work are you doing now? (assuming you won't have to kill me after telling me :) )

I will tell you what I am currently doing and I won't do anything bad too you :lol: ...

I am still a Software Engineer working on a Medical PACS team (Picture Archiving and Communication System) at Novarad; which software is used world wide for radiology.

You can check them out at _http://novarad.net BTW, the logo is taken from a Crop Circle (circa 1997), which, somehow I knew I have seen before when I joined up!
As you may of realized, I moved to a more people friendly company which actually helps people instead of creating tools for "The Empire" ;D I will have been there 2 years in March.

I've also got quite a collection of books all weird and wonderful. However when I look through my collection, I sometimes get seriously embarrassed! Some of the concepts are soooo ......well..."new agey, airy fairy happy valley in heaven :P, and they held me back for quite some time as I patiently waited for the good guys to come and save our souls...YEESH! :huh:

I have realized this too with a lot of these books, but learning is so much fun! As said before... Knowledge protects while ignorance endangers.
Also, I would not even try to compare my book collection to Laura's; I know she has read most all of them, unlike me :) and I know she has many I could not even imagined existed.

KingTiger.

Thanks Moonbird; I am happy I can feel at home here! Maybe we can discuss these lessons you mentioned in more detail on some future topic. I look forward to it!

Moonbird said:
KingTiger said:

Hi King Tiger,

I too feel lonely at times on this path of learning and gaining knowledge in the Work. What helps me here is practicing "strategic enclosure" and "external consideration" in my day-to-day living and interactions with people. I have realized that I cannot change others, nor do I want to. I do not want to interfere with their lessons. It gets tricky for me with my immediate family members. My parents are strict Catholics with very rigid belief systems. I love them dearly and so I try and find ways to be on common ground with them...to relate. It's difficult for me at times, but I find every now and then, a little progress is made.

Hope this helps a bit.

In real life... getting fired probably not the worst they could do... could end up experiencing some version of gang stalking/gas lighting, and ones life turned to mush... I suggest just going about your everyday business and pretend, like the characters in that film, invasion of body snatchers.

Back
Top Bottom