Members' forum

SMM said:
I can't access FotCM members' section. Could someone help explain?

It was brought to my attention that you are under 21 yrs old and our attys suggest that the FOTCM forum be restricted to those 21 and older for a variety of legal reasons.

Laura said:
SMM said:

It was brought to my attention that you are under 21 yrs old and our attys suggest that the FOTCM forum be restricted to those 21 and older for a variety of legal reasons.

Ah. That includes FOTCM membership?

SMM said:
Laura said:
SMM said:

Ah. That includes FOTCM membership?

Not exactly. Anybody can join anything they choose because of basic freedoms, but attending meetings, including virtual meetings, must be restricted to the most globally applicable age standard. This is for the protection of members and, as you know, FOTCM exists to protect and support its members in a variety of ways.

I was wondering about gaining access to the FOTCM member section as well because I am of age and currently a Listener.

Thanks for bringing this up. I haven't joined yet both because of age issues and getting my life together, and I understand that meetings should be age-restricted to legally protect the Fellowship. However, given how crazy the weather and society in general has been getting, could those under 21, but still legally of age in their home countries, still share contact information with other members? I'm mainly asking this in case the online forum goes down, whether by the government or by the power going out for extended periods of time, and in case I'd be able to assist any members nearby. For reference, I'll be 21 in late November, but who knows what will happen before then?

zlyja said:
Thanks for bringing this up. I haven't joined yet both because of age issues and getting my life together, and I understand that meetings should be age-restricted to legally protect the Fellowship. However, given how crazy the weather and society in general has been getting, could those under 21, but still legally of age in their home countries, still share contact information with other members? I'm mainly asking this in case the online forum goes down, whether by the government or by the power going out for extended periods of time, and in case I'd be able to assist any members nearby. For reference, I'll be 21 in late November, but who knows what will happen before then?

What kind of benefit would you get if you share personal information with other members? and if the government or whatever happens shut down the forum/internet/comunications for some reason as you said how you will be able to comunicate anyways?

I think you should be worry more in do "the work" and learn for yourself first rather than worry about getting in contact with other members! just wait until you have 21 and then if the elders/moderators approve it, you can then join the community private projects! osit

irjO said:
What kind of benefit would you get if you share personal information with other members? and if the government or whatever happens shut down the forum/internet/comunications for some reason as you said how you will be able to comunicate anyways?

I think you should be worry more in do "the work" and learn for yourself first rather than worry about getting in contact with other members! just wait until you have 21 and then if the elders/moderators approve it, you can then join the community private projects! osit

I apologize if this has been discussed before on the main forum and I missed it, but how would Fellowship members plan on staying in contact with one another in case of disasters caused by Earth changes, government shut-downs, or what have you? At the very least, I'd assume they'd have to know where they all are, so they could see whether they could still network together and Work on themselves in the context of a group, instead of being isolated and saying, "Well, that's it!" in case they'd survive a post-societal collapse.

I admit that I'm worried about the possibility of being completely alone if, for instance, plague were to wipe everyone out within my locale. It's not good to worry too much about one outcome, but it still could happen. If I could, I'd like to continue learning through this group in case such an event happened, which could occur at any time, though with the increasing frequency of comets and strange weather phenomena, it, or some similar event, is becoming more likely to happen soon. I can't do that if I don't know anyone close by. I've wasted most of my life on A-influences, but the nagging feeling that all the information here is far too important hasn't left me alone, and I've recently found that what used to distract me hasn't been able to vector me nearly as much as it used to, and I've been trying to read as much as I can.

Judging from all the "I's" in nearly all of my posts, I have a very big ME ME ME program, so I'm unsure whether my concern would be of any help to others or if it's just me thinking only of myself. If I were able to, I'd like to help other members and still remain part of the network if the forum no longer existed. I don't know what I could do exactly, though, other than simple things like borrowing books or my canner, or just being another person to talk to. For now, cleaning my machine is my highest priority, or should be at any rate. However, I don't want to cause trouble for anyone, and if what I asked about would potentially harm the group legally or otherwise, then the issue doesn't need to be discussed further.

Hopefully, this all makes sense, and thank you for your time!

Hi zlyja,

I understand your concerns, but I think contacting group members by yourself might cause more harm than good. The purpose of forming a community would not only be to survive, but most importantly to continue Working towards a collective aim. And a community like that should be carefully organized/networked about. At some point, you could be given access to the FOTCM forum. Maybe before you turn 21, but I think it would depend on your activity on the forum, help, and your dedication to the work. I think you're doing great so far, so I'd say keep working on yourself, sharing, and contributing in any way that is feasible for you. I hope this helps.

Hi Oxajil,

I've been thinking more about this, and I think you and irjO are right. Before I get deeply involved in the FOTCM, let alone in person, I need to work more on myself so I'd be able to help with the collective aims of the group, rather than let my programs get in the way. What if, when "scratched", I'd turn out to act like Lisa, hurt others, and overall cause discord in the group? I shudder at the thought. In the meantime, I'll do what I can to grow in knowledge, and work on how I currently interact with people around me. Thank you for your thoughts!

zlyja said:
Hi Oxajil,

I've been thinking more about this, and I think you and irjO are right. Before I get deeply involved in the FOTCM, let alone in person, I need to work more on myself so I'd be able to help with the collective aims of the group, rather than let my programs get in the way. What if, when "scratched", I'd turn out to act like Lisa, hurt others, and overall cause discord in the group? I shudder at the thought. In the meantime, I'll do what I can to grow in knowledge, and work on how I currently interact with people around me. Thank you for your thoughts!

Yes! pretty good thoughts! it IS a really good way to go before engaging with the FOTCM first!

I'm wanting to know if I may have access to the FOTCM member's forum?

I spoke with AI and Heimdallr at the most recent Southeast FOTCM meetup about getting access, and they suggested I write a post asking for it. So this way I can be in the loop regarding meet ups and other activities.

Actually this is something that I have been thinking of, as well. Is access to the forum available upon acceptance of my FOTCM application? I sent my application in hard copy with the donation about a month ago, but I haven't heard from anyone, so I was wondering if FOTCM had received/processed it.

Back
Top Bottom