Milk and other Dairy Products Discussion

Danny

Jedi
I didn't know where to go with this topic.It was a toss up between here and "Tickle me".Anyway ,being a Friday night/Saturday morning,I decided to do a little research on the history of a well known beverage in which I am having plenty of tonight.Without further ado...
Between 10,000 and 15,000 years ago, some humans discontinued their nomadic hunting and gathering and settled down to farm. Grain was the first domesticated crop that started that farming process.

The oldest proven records of brewing are about 6,000 years old and refer to the Sumerians. Sumeria lay between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers including Southern Mesopotamia and the ancient cities of Babylon and Ur. It is said that the Sumerians discovered the fermentation process by chance. No one knows today exactly how this occurred, but it could be that a piece of bread or grain became wet and a short time later, it began to ferment and a inebriating pulp resulted. A seal around 4,000 years old is a Sumerian "Hymn to Ninkasi", the goddess of brewing. This "hymn" is also a recipe for making beer. A description of the making of beer on this ancient engraving in the Sumerian language is the earliest account of what is easily recognized as barley, followed by a pictograph of bread being baked, crumbled into water to form a mash, and then made into a drink that is recorded as having made people feel "exhilarated, wonderful and blissful." It could be that baked bread was a convenient method of storing and transporting a resource for making beer. The Sumerians were able to repeat this process and are assumed to be he first civilized culture to brew beer. They had discovered a "divine drink" which certainly was a gift from the gods.

From the Gilgamesh Epic, written in the 3rd millennium B.C., we learn that not only bread but also beer was very important. This epic is recognized as one of the first great works of world literature. Ancient oral sagas from the beginning of human history were recorded in writing for the first time. The Gilgamesh Epic describes the evolution from primitive man to "cultured man".

"Enkidu, a shaggy, unkempt, almost bestial primitive man, who ate grass and could milk wild animals, wanted to test his strength against Gilgamesh, the demigod-like sovereign. Taking no chances, Gilgamesh sent a (prostitute) to Enkidu to learn of his strengths and weaknesses. Enkidu enjoyed a week with her, during which she taught him of civilization. Enkidu knew not what bread was nor how one ate it. He had also not learned to drink beer. The (prostitute) opened her mouth and spoke to Enkidu: 'Eat the bread now, O Enkidu, as it belongs to life. Drink also beer, as it is the custom of the land.' Enkidu drank seven cups of beer and his heart soared. In this condition he washed himself and became a human being. "

The Babylonians became the rulers of Mesopotamia after the Sumerian empire collapsed during the 2nd millennium bc. Their culture was derived from that of the Sumerians, and as a consequence of this, they also mastered the art of brewing beer. Today we know that the Babylonians new how to brew 20 different types of beer.

In ancient times beer was cloudy and unfiltered. The "drinking straws" were used to avoid getting the brewing residue, which was very bitter, in the mouth. Beer from Babylon was exported and distributed as far away as Egypt. Hammurabi, an important Babylonian King, decreed the oldest known collection of laws. One of these laws established a daily beer ration. This ration was dependent on the social standing of the individual, a normal worker received 2 liters, civil servants 3 liters, administrators and high priests 5 liters per day. In these ancient times beer was often not sold, but used as barter.

The Egyptians carried on the tradition of beer brewing. They also used unbaked bread dough for making beer and added dates to the brew to improve the taste. The importance of beer brewing in ancient Egypt can be seen from the fact that the scribes created an extra hieroglyph for "brewer".

Although beer as we know it had its origins in Mesopotamia, fermented beverages of some sort or another were produced in various forms around the world. For example, Chang is a Tibetan beer and Chicha is a corn beer and kumis is a drink produced from fermented camel milk. The word beer comes from the Latin word bibere, meaning "to drink", and the Spanish word cerveza originates from the Greek goddess of agriculture, Ceres.

After Egypt was succeeded by the Greeks and Romans, beer continued to be brewed. Plinius reported of the popularity of beer in the Mediterranean area before wine took hold. In Rome, wine became ambrosia from the god Bacchus. Beer was only brewed in the outer areas of the Roman Empire where wine was difficult to obtain. For the Romans beer was considered a barbarian drink. The oldest proof that beer was brewed on German soil, comes from around 800 B.C. in the early Hallstatt Period, where beer amphora found near the present day city of Kulmbach have been dated back to this time. As Tacitus, who first wrote about the ancient Germans or Teutons, put it like this: "To drink, the Teutons have a horrible brew fermented from barley or wheat, a brew which has only a very far removed similarity to wine". Beer of that era could not be stored, was cloudy and produced almost no foam. Early civilizations found the mood-altering properties of beer supernatural, and intoxication was considered divine. Beer, it was thought, must contain a spirit or god, since drinking the liquid so possessed the spirit of the drinker. The ancient Germans regarded beer not only a sacrifice to the gods but they, as in Egypt, also brewed beer for their own enjoyment. For example, in the Finnish poetic saga Kalewala, 400 verses are devoted to beer but only 200 were needed for the creation of the earth. According to the Edda, the great Nordic epic, wine was reserved for the gods, beer belonged to mortals and mead to inhabitants of the realm of the dead.

Beer brewing played an important role in daily lives. Beer was clearly so desired that it led nomadic groups into village life. Beer was considered a valuable (potable) foodstuff and workers were often paid with jugs of beer.
(Courtesy of http://www.alabev.com/history.htm)

I checked in the "search" and didn't find this film, but it could very well be linked in somewhere on the site. If so I hope it doesn't hurt to repost as it does contain important information on many levels.

It's further evidence of already much collected incriminating facts in regards to Monsanto, Fox News, Milk, propoganda, manipulation, distortion, lies, cover ups and Big Pharma etc etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axU9ngbTxKw&feature=related

I personally believe milk is a fine food for certain body/chemistry types of people. I realize it may not be good for everyone to drink though.

But I feel that if you do drink milk, it should be RAW and ORGANIC. Milk from cows Not fed Silage or grains, cows who graze on healthy Green Grass pastures. This kind of milk is TOTALLY different from the cows given Bovine Growth Hormones and a HOST of other CHEMICALS to contaminate them, making this milk in the end a highly indigestible, mucous causing, enzymatically Dead product.

Homogenization and Pasteurization further destroys milk and its beneficial attributes.

You Tube Film...Fox News Kills Monsanto Milk Story

Well there you have it , the judgement of the judge "Falsifying the news is not against the law"

Just find where that law lies and nobody can sue anybody whether its the truth or a lie , can they ?

Interesting youtube thingy, thanks.

The movie the Corporation (http://www.thecorporation.com/index.cfm?page_id=2) has a segment dedicated to the Monsanto, Fox News, Bovine Growth Hormones in Milk, issue. It is interesting to listen to the journalists that 'tried' to air their story and the backlash that they suffered as a result.
Highly recommended movie- talks about psychopathic traits of Cooperations as well
Thanks for the youtube link!

I just realized that this you tube clip is directly from the Cooperation Movie OOps :)

I just came across this new movie on the Dr Mercola website going into considerable detail about the whole CHILLING history of MONSANTO'S Wicked Ways with the world, it's plants and more.

Ironically this New Documentary was aired on FRENCH Television. It's a Documentary most Americans will Never see.

I'm beginning to realize that some of my own health issues which were a complete enigma to me can be traced to Monsanto and the things they have done to plants, foods, and the World's biocultures. I thought in many instances I was eating Clean and Healthy, when in fact I was not. I had no idea how far reaching their insidious toxic influences were.

I also did not realize this company was originally a CHEMICAL company without referrence to agriculture, formed way back around 1901. They have been Very Busy with their Psychopathic ways for a Long time now...

SOWING SEEDS OF DESTRUCTION!

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/05/01/this-company-may-be-the-biggest-threat-to-your-future-health.aspx?source

there is an article or two on the signs page about that vid. http://www.sott.net/articles/show/154917-The-World-According-to-Monsanto-Expose-Disappears-from-the-Internet-

Rhansen thanks for making me aware... I missed that article. Laura was asking if anyone had a copy...can one make a copy from the Dr Mercola's website?

Even if it was taken off You Tube it seems to be getting out anyway from resourcful people who want the Truth OUT! Dr. Mercola may also have a hard copy that he could make avail for others.

I would be happy to burn a copy of mine to disc, it is in mp4 format though. May be easier to just download it as I did.

Rhansen...that would be great if you have the technology to burn a CD Disc of the Monsanto movie. Ask Laura what address you could send it to her at.

Very revealing , and terrifying piece. Finally got through all the clips up at youtube and not only is this an obvious move to own the food production of the world , and thus the peoples of the world , but the fuel source also when you take into consideration that monsanto are involved in the growing of crops in Germany and elsewhere with regards to biofuels. Plus theyve bought seed companies so as to be able to withdraw true seeds from the market.

These plants destroy other plants for crying out loud. Aaaarrrggghhhh!

The Mercola link I gave earlier is all in one link, in other words one big movie over 2 hours long. No need to do all the separte clips on You Tube.

I'm not signed up to make comments on SOTT articles because I'm on Yahoo, and they said Yahoo now has this site blocked saying they were Spamming. I also have had a lot of difficulty just trying to maintain my place in the forum. For many months AOL first blocked me from getting a password and all that time I thought it was just something I was doing wrong. Then later for no explicable reason my password no longer worked, so I then had to get a new one. At one point I even changed my Screen name and started over. I get a very wierd, sinking feeling when I am locked out of my most fav web site in the world.

So maybe someone could put this link up at the end of the SOTT article posted Sat April 26, 08?

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/05/01/this-company-may-be-the-biggest-threat-to-your-future-health.aspx?source

Actually, it's not too uncommon to be told that your password is incorrect. I find that the only thing that remedies this problem is if you delete your cookies. Then again, your problem could be a completely different matter...

I get a very wierd, sinking feeling when I am locked out of my most fav web site in the world.
no worries , its pretty common stuff like Third_Density_Resident wrote.
Delete your cookies and then try to relogin.
Very often this situation is caused by session grabbing sites that you recently visited so you should
check your OS with some anti malware ,anti spyware programs like for example :

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html

...but also at the same time , never fully trust that anti-spyware and antivirus will be remedy for all breakins

Thanks drygol and Third_Density_Resident!! I will pay more attention to deleting cookies.

Originally though I found out from Laura and group that AOL was in fact Not allowing passwords to be sent to them after you joined the C's site. I don't know what they are doing now, this was some time ago.

Back
Top Bottom