Missing 411 by David Paulides


The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Follow up on Gabby Petito:
Bizarre speculations of Gabby Petito’s fiancé, by the FBI, as a backpack and notebook shows up in a gator filled swampland.

Frankly I don't think the perp was that smart as spectated, (IMHO).

Oct. 20, 2021, 6:57 PM CEST / Updated Oct. 20, 2021, 11:24 PM CEST
Human remains were found in the same area as personal belongings of Brian Laundrie, Gabby Petito’s fiancé, who has been missing for over a month, officials said Wednesday.

A senior law enforcement official said that what appear to be partial human remains have been found in Florida's Carlton Reserve in a location that had previously been submerged.

There is no confirmation that the remains are those of Laundrie.

"Earlier today investigators found what appears to be human remains along with personal items, such as a backpack and notebook, belonging to Brian Laundrie," Michael McPherson, special agent in charge of the FBI's Tampa office, told reporters.

"These items were found in an area that up until recently had been under water," he said.

Laundrie's parents directed FBI agents and North Port police to the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park where "some articles belonging to Brian were found," Steven Bertolino, an attorney for the Laundrie family, said in a statement.

"Chris and Roberta Laundrie were at the reserve earlier today when human remains and some of Brian’s possessions were located in an area where they had initially advised law enforcement that Brian may be," Bertolino said in another statement Wednesday evening.

"Chris and Roberta will wait for the forensic identification of the human remains before making any additional comments."

The local medical examiner and a K9 unit trained to find human remains were called to the scene, the Pasco County Sheriff's Office said.

The Carlton Reserve and neighboring Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park are short drives north of the Laundrie family home. Parts of both areas are expected to be closed to the public "for several days" as investigators comb the area, McPherson said.

"I know you have a lot of questions, but we don't have all the answers yet," McPherson said. "We're working diligently to get those answers for you."

Laundrie is considered a person of interest in Petito's disappearance. An arrest warrant was issued after authorities said he used her debit card without permission.

Petito's body was discovered Sept. 19 at the Spread Creek Dispersed Camping Area in Bridger-Teton National Forest in Wyoming; a coroner ruled her death a homicide by "manual strangulation." Petito had been dead for at least three weeks, the coroner said.

Petito and Laundrie were on a cross-country road trip, chronicling their travels on social media, before he returned to his parents' home in North Port, arriving Sept. 1 without his fiancée, police said.

Laundrie’s parents have kept a low profile ever since, telling investigators that their son went hiking mid-September and never returned, sparking a national manhunt.

During the search for Petito, 22, police in Moab City, Utah, released body camera video capturing a distraught Petito after an alleged physical altercation with Laundrie.

This is a developing story. Please refresh here for updates.




FOTCM Member
Bizarre speculations of Gabby Petito’s fiancé, by the FBI, as a backpack and notebook shows up in a gator filled swampland.

Frankly I don't think the perp was that smart as spectated, (IMHO).

The short video you posted at the end (the Timeline) lays out positioning, so useful, yet there is little evidence and motive at this point. It says the warrant was issued after the fiancé used her bank card, so the FBI must have video/witness, because otherwise it might be just circumstantial evidence as the card and pin number may have been given under duress (or something else) at some point in the timeline.

Sure odd about the swamp in an already odd, and sad story.


The Living Force
FOTCM Member

Ellie says Cleo woke up at 1.30am asking for a drink of water – and that was the last time she spoke to her daughter.

The parents woke up again at around 6am to find Cleo had gone, reports News.com.au.

Ellie said: “I went into the other room and the zipper was open.

“Cleo was gone and that was about it for Saturday morning until everything started.”

The child along with her pinks pyjamas and red sleeping bag were nowhere to be found.

Ellie says the tent “was about 30 centimetres from open…I turned to Jake and said: ‘Cleo’s gone’.”

The search for Cleo resumed on Tuesday, October 18, 2021, after it was temporarily suspended due to bad weather.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: Police have confirmed Cleo would NOT have been able to open the zipper of the tent on her own. It was too tall for her to reach the way the tent was set up on Saturday morning when she disappeared. <a href="https://twitter.com/7NewsAustralia?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@7NewsAustralia</a> <a href="https://t.co/U2sXWM0n2d">pic.twitter.com/U2sXWM0n2d</a></p>&mdash; Ben Downie (@Ben_Downie) <a href=" ">October 20, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

"Gaunt agreed with the proposition that Cleo wandering off from the tent in the middle of the night with her sleeping bag did not seem to add up"

She said Cleo would never wander off alone and would have asked for help to unzip her one-piece sleeping suit if she needed to use the toilet.

"She would never leave that tent alone."

"Asked if they feared someone had taken Cleo, Smith said the family was still hoping to find her safe"

Smith said someone had to know where Cleo was.

"Someone has to — it's been four days."

"The last time Smith saw her daughter was at 1.30am on Saturday when Cleo woke up to ask for water.

Cleo was sleeping beside her younger sister Isla who was in a cot, while Smith and her partner Jake Gliddon slept on a mattress in a room next to them.


The Living Force
FOTCM Member

Brian Laundrie remains confirmed by FBI

The FBI on Thursday confirmed remains recovered from the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park in North Port, Florida, on Wednesday were Florida fugitive Brian Laundrie's.

A comparison of dental records confirmed the 23-year-old's identity, according to the FBI.

Laundrie's former fiancée Gabby Petito, 22, turned up dead near a Wyoming campsite the couple shared in late August. The FBI discovered her remains on Sept. 19.

"On October 21, 2021, a comparison of dental records confirmed that the human remains found at the T. Mabry Carlton, Jr. Memorial Reserve and Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park are those of Brian Laundrie," the agency tweeted Thursday.

The remains were discovered in the park Wednesday near items belonging to Laundrie.

Steven Bertolino, the attorney representing the Laundrie family, confirmed the findings to Fox News.

"Chris and Roberta Laundrie have been informed that the remains found yesterday in the reserve are indeed Brian's. We have no further comment at this time and we ask that you respect the Laundrie's privacy at this time," Bertolino said.

Law enforcement officers visited the Laundrie's home for about two minutes on Thursday afternoon just before the news was announced.

The Laundries themselves helped lead police to the remains, visiting the park Wednesday with a pair of officers and searching an area where they have for weeks insisted their son liked to hike. With water levels significantly lower this week than on Chris Laundrie’s Oct. 7 visit to the same area with investigators, more ground was visible.
Richard Stafford, a lawyer and spokesman for Petito’s parents, told Fox News’ Laura Ingle that the family was not immediately prepared to make a statement.

"They are grieving the loss of their beautiful daughter," he said. "Gabby’s family will make a statement at the appropriate time and when they are emotionally ready."

Numerous criminal profilers and advocates for domestic abuse survivors have speculated that the heated display in public led to an argument between the couple that eventually led to Petito’s death, which Teton County Coroner Dr. Brent Blue ruled a homicide by strangulation earlier this month.



The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Hyperthermia seems applicable but, wouldn't' vomit have been a telltale sign early on..?


For more than two months, California authorities could not say what killed a young family of three and their dog along a hiking trail in the Sierra National Forest.

The bodies of John Gerrish, Ellen Chung and their 1-year-old daughter, Miju, were found close to the Merced River with no physical wounds or signs of trauma. Baffled investigators ruled out a number of possibilities, from lightning to carbon monoxide exposure and toxic algae. Now they have an answer: hyperthermia and possible dehydration, Mariposa County Sheriff Jeremy Briese announced Thursday.

The family had hiked a steep incline with little shade at temperatures reaching up to 109 degrees, possibly running out of water at some point during the trip, Briese said. Investigators believe their dog Oski died of heat-related issues.

Briese explained hyperthermia is a condition when body temperatures reach an abnormally high level.

“This is an unfortunate and tragic event due to the weather,” Briese said.

In a statement, the Gerrish and Chung families expressed “pain almost beyond words” amid a void of answers during the investigation.
“Our hearts will never forget the beautiful lives of Jonathan, Ellen, Miju and of course Oski,” they continued.

The cause behind the mysterious deaths of the family was determined after a litany of tests, including autopsies and toxicology reviews.

The sheriff said a team of detectives had worked on the case “round-the-clock,” methodically reviewing evidence like cellphone data and more.

Gerrish, 45, Chung, 30, and their daughter and dog were discovered after a family friend had reported them missing on Aug. 16. Miju’s babysitter had alerted family members that Gerrish and Chung were not home that day. The day before, a witness saw the family traveling toward the trailhead.

A couple, their baby and their dog died on a California hiking trail — and officials don’t know why

Law enforcement combed the trail after spotting the couple’s truck parked near the trail’s entrance, The Washington Post previously reported. Later that morning, in an area known as Devil’s Gulch, search-and-rescue officers discovered Gerrish in a seated position with Miju and Oski near him, while Chung was found farther up a hill.

Authorities later closed the 28 miles along the river the family was found near after test results of the water downstream revealed high levels of toxic algae — but algae blooms were ruled out as a cause of death. The family did not drink the water from the river, Briese said.

The sheriff said investigators also considered possible exposure from nearby mines, but they determined the family did not visit those mines.

On Thursday, Briese showed footage of the eight-mile trail the family had nearly completed, with sloping terrain that had little tree cover due to a wildfire in 2018. They were 1.6 miles away from completing the hike.

A sole container for water found with the family, an 85-ounce water bladder backpack, was empty.

Briese said he has not encountered another hyperthermia death during his work at the sheriff’s office. But he warned others to take precautions when outdoors during sweltering summers.

“My message would be to prepare, if you’re going to hike, prepare,” he said.

The loss of the young family came as a shock to those in the Mariposa community who knew them.

“It’s just so tragic and mysterious,” Steven Jeffe, a close family friend, previously told The Washington Post.

The couple moved to Mariposa from San Francisco in March 2020. Gerrish worked at Snapchat, and Chung was working toward a master’s degree in family therapy, Jeffe said.

Those who knew the couple described their love of outdoor adventures and hiking, questioning what could have happened during their trip to Hites Cove.

“We’re just devastated by the loss,” Jeffe said. “But I think the community is more like, ‘What the heck happened?’ It’s just so crazy.”

The Gerrish and Chung families said they would use the new revelations “as a way of helping us come to terms with the situation.”
“However,” they added, “the question of why can never be answered and will remain with us.”
Read more here:
A New Zealand family was feared dead after a mysterious disappearance. They had been camping the whole time.
For more than two years, a wild elk had a car tire stuck around his neck. Now, it’s free.
Unidentified remains found in search for Gabby Petito’s fiance Brian Laundrie, authorities say
Last edited:


Dagobah Resident
FOTCM Member

Ellie says Cleo woke up at 1.30am asking for a drink of water – and that was the last time she spoke to her daughter.

The parents woke up again at around 6am to find Cleo had gone, reports News.com.au.

Thankfully, Cleo Smith has been found early this morning:

Missing four-year-old Cleo Smith has been found "alive and well" after disappearing from a camp site in Western Australia more than two weeks ago.

A team from Western Australia Police broke into a locked house in Carnarvon around 1am on Wednesday morning where they found the little girl in one of the rooms. A man from the area is in custody.

"It's my privilege to announce that in the early hours of this morning, the Western Australia police force rescued Cleo Smith," deputy commissioner Col Blanch said. "Cleo is alive and well."

In a news conference, he explained how Cleo identified herself.

"One of the officers picked her up into his arms and asked her, 'what's your name?'
"She said, 'My name is Cleo'."

Cleo was reunited with her parents a short time later.

Sounds like it was a "mundane" abduction then..
Thankfully, Cleo Smith has been found early this morning:

Sounds like it was a "mundane" abduction then..
I was just thinking about this little girl and wondering what happened to her. Thank the DCM that she was found alive (and hopefully wasn’t violated by some creep).

It seemed more like a terrestrial abduction when I initially read the story. The sleeping bag being gone raised a flag in my mind, a person would have used that to muffle her making any sounds/it would be easier to pick her up still in it.

I still cannot fathom camping and putting my young children in a separate “room”. It’s not like you can lock a tent! SMH. Anyway, I’m glad this sweet little girl was spared.


The Living Force
FOTCM Member

Sasquatch Director Josh Rofé talks about his investigation of weed-farm in the Emerald Triangle in Northern California.
And found more High Strangeness than he ever could have imagined.

By Lauren Kranc Apr 20, 2021 Snip:
Sasquatch is not a true crime documentary, really. It’s a journey back to the dark, unruly woods of the Emerald Triangle for investigative journalist David Holthouse, where he attempts to piece together the truth about his strange memory from 1993. But it turns out there’s nothing mythological about the woods where Sasquatches are legend to roam—the remote area is a very real, drug-fueled, sinister place where a journalist poking around about a twenty-year-old triple homicide is not particularly welcome. And as David delves further into the history of the Emerald Triangle, cannabis culture, and the people who live there, it slowly seems less insane to believe in monsters. Esquire talked to director Josh Rofé about the chilling documentary before its Hulu premiere—how it came to be, his experience filming in the woods of Northern California, and the many times in the process that he genuinely feared for his friend David’s life.
Mar 16, 2021HD


The Living Force
FOTCM Member
A missing woman and her dog, who disappeared on a trip to the Shasta-Trinity National Forest, have been found dead in Del Norte County.

Courtney Bryan, 33, worked for Patagonia in Reno and was taking time off to grieve the death of her grandfather, Bryan's sister Katana Curven told Dateline. Bryan planned to visit Hunt Hot Springs, about an hour north of Redding. When she didn't check back in with family by Sept. 27, they reported her missing.

"She’s a free spirit and would often travel alone," Curven told Dateline. "But she would’ve let us know when she was coming back. She would’ve checked in with somebody."

Reno police said her last known contact was on Sept. 23, the same day she posted an Instagram photo at Hunt Hot Springs.

A hiker stumbled across a car in an embankment off Highway 101 in Del Norte County, and alerted authorities to the crash site. Inside, CHP found the body of a woman and a dog, which authorities announced Wednesday they believe are Bryan and her pet. An official identification will be issued by the Del Norte County Coroner's Office. Foul play is not suspected, and it's believed both died of injuries from a car crash.

Bodies believed to be Courtney Bryan and her dog, Booch, were found this week in a wrecked vehicle off a steep embankment in Del Norte County, California. The pair had been missing since September. #Dateline Reno woman found dead at crash site off steep embankment month after she went missing with her dog in Shasta-Trinity National Forest pic.twitter.com/Hj4H2tQLfQ
— Dateline NBC (@DatelineNBC) October 30, 2021

Curven confirmed her sister's death on TikTok, where she posted a video with photos of Bryan.

"My sister was found," Curven wrote. "Thank you everyone for all your kind thoughts and prayers and effort. We are going to take this time to grieve."

Oct 29, 2021

Tragedy in Joshua Tree National Park, Vanished on Camping Trip 6/2020
Nov 3, 2021 "Opinion"

33.878176, -118.098704

Flashback Thursday of the 4th kind:
Friday, October 13th 2017 Video East Fresno County. Video


FOTCM Member
David Paulides discusses the strange and "out of character" (according to his mother) disappearance of the 18-year-old Belgian Theo Hayez in Byron Bay, Australia. He disappears after being thrown out of a bar at 11 p.m. and was never seen again.

Dave only mentions a few things and continues to say that he doesn't know what has happened, @31 minutes:

But what I thought was interesting was the digital trail that 60Minutes Australia subsequently constructed which shows his phone activity, leading him away from the bar, and his walking towards the coast (bear in mind that it was dark and cold!).

After being kicked out of the bar (his friend stayed behind) he is captured on CCTV looking up directions, because he didn't know how to get back to his hostel and he continued to do so, even though he was already heading towards the coast!

The next morning his phone indicated that he was moving over "the steep and rocky terrain". What specialists who reviewed this trail don't understand is why his phone didn't ping off the light house in the area as he walked into that direction, so perhaps he was going around the headland. What I thought was odd was that the people in the video talk about his phone moving instead of Theo moving as if he had already disappeared...

It reminded me of the Noah Donohoe case where some of his last movements and his inexplicable behaviour were captured on CCTV, although his casting a backpack aside is NOT. But perhaps this case doesn't 'match totally with 411 cases' either, as Joe said when he wrote about Noah's death, so I could be missing something.

@34.03, they discuss the above.

unkl brws

Jedi Council Member
I just heard about this story yesterday about a missing boy from Nova Scotia, Canada. He has been missing since May 6, 2020.
Quote from the story -
Anyone who has ever lost sight of their child, even for just a fraction of a second, knows the terror that sets in. Jason and Ashley have been living with that excruciating feeling for the past 18 months. With tears streaming down her face, Ashley says, “We don't know if he was taken. We don't know if he drowned. We don't know if he's alive. We are just stuck in limbo.”

The only evidence ever found is Dylan’s rubber boots, discovered six hours after his disappearance, submerged in a brook behind his grandmother's neighbour's house.


FOTCM Member
I just heard about this story yesterday about a missing boy from Nova Scotia, Canada. He has been missing since May 6, 2020.
Quote from the story -

There is a W5 Part II & III video story to this (right side bar on the original link) that includes accusations (Part II) against the mother (based on TikTok videos and a social media storm) and grandmother separately. There is a retired RCMP detective interviewed, and he doubts parts of the story because of x and y. There is much "friction" in the case. Part III looks to the police and search and rescue response (lack of amber alert notifications, which is explained) and their (SAR's) 2 hour late response - protocols dictate they can only be activated by police, and that was slow.

Much speculation to the case, and as far as can be seen, Paulides did not comment on this missing boy.
Last edited:
Top Bottom