Mom in ICU with sepsis, Hail Mary post!

ScioAgapeOmnis

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Hi guys,

So long story short - my mom has triple negative breast cancer and it has escalated to the point where in the last week she hasn’t been eating nor passing stool. After trying multiple laxative measures at home we took her to the ER Friday and by Saturday morning it was clear she has some kind of inflammation-based blockage preventing passing of stool, but also resulting in gut bacteria spreading in her body which resulted in sepsis. Her blood pressure was very low and continued to worsen and is currently stabilized in the ICU by drugs.

She is on IV drip of:
12 mL/hr of vasopressin
5 mL/hr sodium chloride
9 mcg/min NORepinephrine
Vancomycin HCI antibiotic
And fluids/electrolytes for hydration

Over the first half of Saturday she continued to require higher and higher doses of the drugs just to maintain her blood pressure, but the rate of deterioration made it clear that shortly we will reach max allowable dosage before it cannot be increased without damage to hurt body. Which meant we were hours away from switching her to comfort measures and watching her pass away.

However, mid-day Saturday she stabilized and stopped requiring additional dosages, she’s hovering at the above levels now for about 24 hours without any changes.

While we still think prayers are what she needs the most, I also figure we have some unexpected time with her and therefore time to think and consider any other alternatives.

I reached out to Gaby who kindly provided the following considerations which we forwarded to her Oncologist and will soon stress to the “by the book” ICU staff to try:

Vitamin C and Thiamine for Sepsis and Septic Shock - PubMed

Combined Treatment With Hydrocortisone, Vitamin C, and Thiamine for Sepsis and Septic Shock: A Randomized Controlled Trial - PubMed

Effect of Vitamin C, Hydrocortisone, and Thiamine vs Hydrocortisone Alone on Time Alive and Free of Vasopressor Support Among Patients With Septic Shock: The VITAMINS Randomized Clinical Trial - PubMed

Hydrocortisone, Vitamin C, and Thiamine for the Treatment of Severe Sepsis and Septic Shock: A Retrospective Before-After Study - PubMed

There is a possibility of surgery to investigate the cause of the blockage and to maybe alleviate it if at all possible, but she’s not in a condition to survive this in her current state and we are all staying away from that if she doesn’t improve. If the combination of antibiotics and hopefully soon to be administered protocol of Vit C, thiamine, and hydrocortisone can bring her infection down and allow her body to get control over its blood pressure, we will reconsider other more invasive options.

However, I just wanted to throw this out there to see if anyone has any other ideas as well. At this point if it won’t hurt her, we are willing to try anything (if we can convince the ICU docs to cooperate). I know it’s a Hail Mary and there may be nothing else, but I am just pulling out all stops. This is our mom and the least we can do is try everything we can as long as she gives us the time/opportunity to do so and is willing to fight.

If she makes the decision to depart this world, well we are at peace with her choice in either case. But if she’s giving us indication that she’s still going to try, we will do everything to try along with her.

She also currently has tons of cancerous fluid (acsites) build up in her stomach and edema in her legs that we had drained once every 3 weeks or so over the last few months, but for now we are also abstaining based on the recommendations of her ICU docs to let antibiotics have a chance to work.

So if anyone has any other ideas, please let me know! Me, my brother, and my dad are with her every step of the way, but other than giving her plenty of love and kisses and support, we’re not sure what else we can do.

Last edited:
I am really sorry to hear that, but I am afraid I have no suggestions, ScioAgapeOmnis, other than a wish to express my sympathy and support to you and your family. It seems to me that you are already doing what you can. Hopefully, vitamin C and thiamine will help your mother and beat the sepsis, but plenty of love and support and just keeping her comfortable to the best of your ability is also of utmost importance. To have her loved ones at her side will help her face come what may?

I will keep you in my thoughts and send you a hug. Hang in there! :hug2:

She also currently has tons of cancerous fluid (acsites) build up in her stomach and edema in her legs
Hi ScioAgapeOmnis - After reading and thinking about you’re situation (which I can relate to) here’s what came to mind initially:

Charcoal water - highly absorbent and initially recommended by poison control in case a child/adult ingested something poisonous. Considering the cancerous fluids you mention, maybe the charcoal can help absorb them? Only thing is that may compound the issue of passing stool so apple sauce (natural lax) might help if she’s able to eat, although doesn’t sound like she’s able too. Perhaps a smooth move tea in conjunction?

Betaine - My integrative doctor had me take Betaine for digestive issues and possible low-stomach acid. She mentioned it had helped my of her patients and I know she treats cancer patients. I think there’s some info on the forum about it. I will add once I started taking Betaine my gut started feeling more balanced and, although it might sound strange, I saw a symbol of parasite in some egg yolks, my intuition said I was stirring up some parasites - now given what the Cs have said regarding ridding of parasites - maybe there’s something there to apply to your mother. Bitters also work the same way and be less “risky” since Betaine pills can be quite large and difficult to know if too much was taken since you need to be able sense if there’s a slight burning feeling. This means there’s more than enough stomach acid…

Aromatherapy - smells can be grounding, so if she’s fighting to stay on this plane maybe a certain smell/s or essential oil will help. I’ve found sage, lavender and dry tobacco leaf have helped - no need to burn it just sniff the leaves.

And just to preface that I’m not a doctor but I have read up on homeopathy methods and applied them to my own and family situations with success. Hope these ideas can assist you and your family in anyway. All the best :flowers:

So sorry to hear about your mother, ScioAgapeOmnis. I send healing thoughts and prayers.

I am always looking into approaches for cancer given my brother has been battling it for several years now.

I have no idea what's possible.. in addition to treating the sepsis, which of course has to come first -- by the way a wonderful product, which, in my opinion is even better than activated charcoal is carbonized bamboo. According to the Japanese, this not only absorbs toxins but doesn't absorb nutrients the way activated charcoal does.

Supreme Nutrition is a great company I feel, and you may want to look at this entire website with that in mind:

But, as I was saying, my mind goes to building up her immune system -- perhaps even larger amounts of intravenous vit C?... has this been discussed at this forum?... mega doses of vit C for cancer?.. also C60 (Clif High recommends Purple Power C60 since they're trustworthy and cheaper brands don't work).

Speaking of Clif High and C60, I just discovered Clif High's small series of Youtube videos that he did when he was in the midst of treating his own cancer (which so far he's been successful at). I haven't finished watching these, and he does go on personal tangents, but if you stick with it he does provide the science behind his approach as well as protocols. C60 is mentioned as very effective for cancer along with vitamin C... it seems your mother should never be without vitamin C in her system in sufficient amounts. He also mentions medicinal mushrooms, and other vitamins, as well as a very specific type of yogurt culture (which isn't cheap apparently). As I said, I've not finished watching these, and he will no doubt get to whether the yogurt culture part of his protocol is worth pursuing or not. I have noticed he starts to look better as the videos progress.

Anyway, here is a link to his "Cancer Ward" series. He's just getting warmed up here in the first one, not only discussing vit C primarily, but dealing with his anger in a way that seems crucial to his recovery. He provides more protocol type information in number two, possibly more than that in number 3, etc., as he progresses with his own research.

But I keep thinking your mother needs to fortify her immune system, and these videos will be dealing with that.

Clif High is very resourceful.. not sure where this little series leads to, but I imagine he has quite a few potentially new insights to offer.

Last edited:
Ta Maman DIANA est déjà dans le tableau des prières et nous avons tous prié pour Elle depuis que tu l'a demandé...
Nos pensées vont vers vous... Que le Divin Esprit Cosmique étende sa main sur Elle et lui apporte exactement le secours dont Elle a besoin...
Lui démontrer votre amour et votre présence sont ce que vous pouvez lui apporter de mieux...
Soyez confiant et courageux... LOVE

Your Mom DIANA is already in the prayer board and we have all been praying for her since you asked...
Our thoughts are with you... May the Divine Cosmic Spirit extend his hand to her and bring her exactly the help she needs...
Bringing her your love and presence is the best you can do...
Be confident and courageous... LOVE

I am sorry to hear about your Mom, ScioAgapeOmnis, she is in my prayers. She is alive, so there is hope she will make it. If this is possible, you could visit her and give her your time, show your mother your love, holding her hand, give her caresses, physical contact. (If there should be something not resolved between you, you could try to resolve it gently.) I know this is not easy for you and your family. Take care of yourselves and each other. :hug2:

I hope the oncologist listens but as we know doctors dont have a perfect history of open minded assistance in this matter. Remember your mothers rights and your own SAO.

She will be in my thoughts & prayers SAO, she seems to be already fasting just by coincidence its great for inflammation! you have been here long enough to know everything you need to. Trust your training and yourself. You can do it.

Charge up your group crystals in a big batch of sunlight and let us to help you charge them in the group, then get her permission to have them close. Bless her water too if you can.

A pile up of all the "small potatoes" the little ".5% percenters" just like they've taught us.

Keep us all posted?

Much love.

Back
Top Bottom