Moon Landings: Did They Happen or Not?

As best as I understand it NO.

The bone of contention is, did the landing happen.

What really happened ? Who knows. Nothing so far that I have seen can explain this fully. Maybe circling the Earth. Maybe went way out there and came back. Who knows ?

The issue is the Landings on the Surface of the Moon in the 60's and 70's.

My impression is that what we are dealing with here is a situation where someone suggested that the moon landings were faked, a bunch of people said 'cool!' and then went about the process of using their complete lacking of understanding of many things to convince themselves and others that they spurious idea they decided was true, was true.

So yeah, the approach is very similar to flat earthers.

That's pretty much how I see it as I started going through this thread. As if the moon landing hoax conspiracy was purposely put into place to hide and distract from something else.

Rather than this being something 'done to people to make them go wrong', I'm inclined to think that support for this kind of stuff exists because the ideas 'fit' with how those who resonate with them perceive the world/reality. I'm still coming to terms with the fact that all-too-many comments under articles that are in any way related to space exploration or travel are something along the lines of "LOL, good job pushing the space lie!"

:shock:

Why don't all the fake mooners try to take apart the two Russian (un-nongenderspecific) missions that landed on the moon? Damn Ruskies are always lying anyway. Also, the Chinese landed on the moon in Jan this year, and everyone knows you can't trust a Chinese as far as you can throw one.

Last edited:
Exactly, you can choose to stay or leave and that's totally up to you. No one is going to twist your arm to stay. However, the forum doesn't exist to play in the 'sand box' and generally what takes precedence here is Work on the self.

So I am to "work" on myself to rid myself of the belief that the Moon Landing is a hoax ? That is the purpose of the Forum ? Now that is some revelation for me.

Well bless your heart for that clarification. Now I know I ventured too far. Best to stick to "Books" and "Music" as was my original interest in this website. I think I was cutting it close on the Notre Dame issue but I suspect I was on the "correct" side of the argument.

Oh by the way, I also wrote this
But browbeating someone with innuendoes that there is nothing there because they have spent immense effort to study the subject and found nothing is one of the most simplistic zero value arguments one can use. In a debate that would get nowhere.
I think I am on mark there.

That said, I do accept that it's impossible for a person to pass through the Van Halen belt and surivive. I mean, there's no way anyone could survive such an intense and protracted encounter with American 80's hard rock.

Why don't all the fake mooners try to take apart the two Russian (un-nongenderspecific) missions that landed on the moon? Damn Ruskies are always lying anyway. Also, the Chinese landed on the moon in Jan this year, and everyone knows you cann't trust a Chinese as far as you can throw one.

So far in this thread it appears most of the discussion is centered on the authenticity of the Apollo 11 footage. Me personally? I’m not disputing whether humans have had moon missions that are real. It’s just that pesky Apollo 11 video. I think it hasn’t aged well. I can’t watch it any more and remotely pretend or entertain that it’s genuine moon footage.

My impression is that what we are dealing with here is a situation where someone suggested that the moon landings were faked, a bunch of people said 'cool!' and then went about the process of using their complete lacking of understanding of many things to convince themselves and others that they spurious idea they decided was true, was true.

So yeah, the approach is very similar to flat earthers.

So Joe, the correct answer must be "They landed" ?

Holy Smokes, I am starting to feel like I landed on the Moon !!!

Rather than this being something 'done to people to make them go wrong', I'm inclined to think that support for this kind of stuff exists because the ideas 'fit' with how those who resonate with them perceive the world/reality. I'm still coming to terms with the fact that all-too-many comments under articles that are in any way related to space exploration or travel are something along the lines of "LOL, good job pushing the space lie!"

:shock:

I see what you mean. It's kind of like the preconceived notions or ideas about the world/universe/certain topic is already there - the program is in place. All the person does is then select data that fits to their model or belief system and deletes anything that doesn't 'fit'. Or the information presented is 'reshaped' or warped to suit the belief. In a way it's almost like imposing your worldview on the universe.

That said, I do accept that it's impossible for a person to pass through the Van Halen belt and surivive. I mean, there's no way anyone could survive such an intense and protracted encounter with American 80's hard rock.

I agree Joe but I would change the years. Now is the time to go to the Moon :-)

Being ridiculed leads to self censorship however.

And perhaps that's appropriate, although your characterization of it as ridicule is pretty subjective. If you say something and a bunch of other people conclude that what you have said is incorrect or spurious, and they tell you, are you being 'ridiculed'?

Btw, we do have a censorship policy on this forum. But it's always better if, when appropriate, members self-censor, ideally without feeling like they're being treated unfairly. Maybe read again what Beau wrote.

And perhaps that's appropriate, although your characterization of it as ridicule is pretty subjective. If you say something and a bunch of other people conclude that what you have said is incorrect or spurious, and they tell you, are you being 'ridiculed'?

Btw, we do have a censorship policy on this forum. But it's always better if, when appropriate, members self-censor, ideally without feeling like they're being treated unfairly. Maybe read again what Beau wrote.

Most people aren’t like me, where they’ll ‘brazenly’ defend themselves or others. They will let you joke and clown them out of here and you’ll never know or see it.

I can see you’re clearly cynical about this topic, even so far as to assume I or others here don’t believe we’ve been to the moon or that China and Russia have been to the moon, which isn’t justified as I’ve never said anything about that, but here we are.

Again, Apollo 11 stinks to high heaven. Maybe if it was remastered in the 80s with “Jump” as the ending theme it might have made a better impact with me and I too could wrap it with a dogmatic blanket.

Back
Top Bottom