Moon Landings: Did They Happen or Not?

South Pole Aitken crater

Apollo 8 photograph showing the mountains along the northern rim of the basin
NASA - Transferred from en.wikipedia to Commons. (Original text: Apollo 8 Hasselblad camera image, unedited.
Immediate source: Apollo Flight Journal, Apollo 8, Photography Index 70-mm magazine E, AS08-13-2319)

Far side of the Moon - Wikipedia
Alleged UFO sightings and conspiracies
Some conspiracy theorists, notably Milton William Cooper, have alleged that some Apollo astronauts had seen UFOs on the far side of the Moon but were told to keep quiet about them.[33][34] Some have allegedly reported seeing an alien base (code named "Luna") and even encountered aliens who told them to stay off the Moon. Some photographs circulated on the Internet purport to show a large "castle" on the Moon. NASA states that these claims are hoaxes.[35]

Former United States Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara stated that several unspecified officials ("Chiefs") within The Pentagon were opposed to a Nuclear Test Ban Treaty between the United States and the Soviet Union, on the premise that the Soviets would continue nuclear weapons testing on the far side of the Moon, far from the observations of American observers. McNamara considered this premise "...absurd" and that "…[they were] out of [their] minds", but he believed that it was an example of the state of mind of some Pentagon officials during the Cold War.[36] Ironically, it was later revealed that the Pentagon had their own plan to detonate a nuclear weapon on the Moon as part of the experiment Project A119. The project was created not only to help in answering some of the mysteries in planetary astronomy and astrogeology, but also as a show of force intended to boost domestic confidence in the astro-capabilities of the United States, a boost that was thought to be needed after the Soviet Union took an early lead in the Space Race and who were thought by some to be working on a similar project.[37]

Well, the Chinese are likely aware that there must be a reason why the Americans and Russians didn't bother with the moon for decades. It's going to be the interesting to see how the Chinese space administration are going to react to what they're likely going to observe on the far side of the moon.

Is it curious or coincidental that China and US have put forth a temporary truce and recommenced trade negotiations at this time?

Two countries with different religious and spiritual backgrounds and outlooks: one stands to lose a lot more than the other via the disclosure of (potentially) ancient artefacts on the other side of the moon, well out of view from the terrestrial-locked masses. Is that kind of stand-off possible?

I had a vague recollection of this as over the years this was not repeated much so as to stand out in my recollection of this Space Program. What I find curious , now that I think about it, is that there is no footage of him flying that thing on Earth. Again, if I recall correctly the reasoning was that the engine was built for flight under Moon gravity and not Earth's thus requiring training in a simulator.

What they did or did not for us mere mortals is simply a guessing game. What I am certain of is that buildings do not fall down like pancakes. But then, it is all just Hollywood movies ;-)

Capricorn One
Parallax View
The Brotherhood of the Bell
Executive Action released in 1973

Hello Hi_Henry, On reading this I immediately remembered the "Flying Bedstead" which Armstrong managed to crash at one point, see this page: The 'Flying Bedstead'
just use your search engine on flying bedstead for more information. No doubt flying on the Moon is a totally different ball game for the pilots, but these guys were at the top of their game.

I don't know 'what' to 'know'. Have you ever seen the replicas that those guys flew to space in? How did we witness real time communication between here & the moon back then?

Here's the Wiki page on the technology they used.

As for the video, the title is misleading as he never says that no one has ever made it past the Van Allen belts. He says, "we must solve these challenges before sending people through this region of space". In the more wildly conspiracy minded folks, I can see this being interpreted as a slip that proves that man has never been to the moon. But really, it's just a dramatic video presentation on the new Orion system and that's all.

Thank You for your thoughts. My take was the distance of the Van Allen belts around the Earth and the distance to the moon is quite drastic and I would have thought they would have had to known this information in order to send humans to the moon based on the what has been decimanated to the public.

Hi!
I wasn't gonna go here! Until, I took a casual look at the engineering of the ISS and noticed something off about the on-board interviews with the astronauts. So I decided to take a look at the moon landings and something appears a little off here and there. Take a look at this rover video.
Some people say it's a model and the driver is a mannequin and there's a painted background on a large set and it's possible but go to 00:50 and watch. At 00:54 the camera pans to the front of the vehicle. There is what appears to be a pair of tire tracks and the LR is following them before it cuts to another scene at 1:03. Are they retracing their tracks to preserve the pristine lunar surface? Doubt it, looks like they were travelling in reverse and NASA flipped the footage. Why travel in reverse when there is ample room to turn and why flip it if they were reversing? Screen snip below.

There's a few photos on the the NASA flickr account that show the rover and there are no tracks at all. Looking at the HD close ups of the lunar module is interesting to say the least. The build quality is rubbish and the ladder looks ill designed. Unlike the ISS I have a lot more invested in the moon landings having watched it happen as a four year old and keenly followed it through to the present day to the point I never went to any conspiracy sites, till now. I hope they haven't been faked.

Cheers

With the lower gravity on the moon, I imagine the tyre tracks could visibly vary depending on the terrain, plus it looked in the video as if they turned in a loop and retraced part of their route. The weight of the module would have been of huge consideration when building, due to the energy and fuel requirements (in layman's terms and understanding) so the materials used may indeed appear shoddy - oh and again the gravity of the moon would assist climbing a ladder so indeed it may have been light and flimsy. Just a few thoughts.

I took a casual look at the engineering of the ISS and noticed something off about the on-board interviews with the astronauts.

What exactly was "off about the on-board interviews with the astronauts"?

So I decided to take a look at the moon landings and something appears a little off here and there.

What exactly is "off"? I can't see anything off.

Some people say it's a model and the driver is a mannequin and there's a painted background on a large set and it's possible but go to 00:50 and watch.

Why should it be a "model" and the "driver a mannequin"? I can't see why and how one would come to that conclusion. If anything, the guy in the vehicle looks like you would expect someone to look like in a space suit where movement is pretty restricted and not so easy to see. Further the whole movement of the vehicle and the driver in it looks very consistent with what is going (gravity and movement wise) in regards of it being a real person and a real vehicle and not like a "model" would behave. Why should there be a "painted background" on "a large set"? I can't see why that should be the case. Because the background is dark? Have you ever tried to watch stars at night in a bright environment like a city? If so, how does the night sky look like?

At 00:54 the camera pans to the front of the vehicle. There is what appears to be a pair of tire tracks and the LR is following them before it cuts to another scene at 1:03. Are they retracing their tracks to preserve the pristine lunar surface? Doubt it, looks like they were travelling in reverse and NASA flipped the footage. Why travel in reverse when there is ample room to turn and why flip it if they were reversing? Screen snip below.

I can't follow what you are saying there. The camera is mounted on the vehicle and can be moved sideways by an operator, which seems to happen in the video. In the moment you see other tracks in front of the vehicle, the camera seems to have been fixed, aka. no angular movement from the camera at this point; the tires on the other hand move regularly constantlyangularly. Looking from this perspective on the tracks and concluding that they must have driven reversed and followed the tracks backwards and the video is played reversed, is a big assumption. Why would they do that? For what reason? Certainly they had better stuff to do back then? We can't even conclude from that perspective how and where exactly the tires touched the ground and if it fits with the already existing tire tracks. If anything, it looks like it isn't following the same exact track. Hard to tell though from that perspective.

There's a few photos on the the NASA flickr account that show the rover and there are no tracks at all.

Which photos? Have you noticed that the tires throw up a lot of dust (probably partly do to lower gravity) in the above video? What would you expect the ground track to look like after that dust has settled down and covered parts of the tracks?

Looking at the HD close ups of the lunar module is interesting to say the least.

What exactly is interesting there?

The entire human race is stuck in one giant game of "Catch Up" for most of these subjects.

After putting in several days of work on this subject, I am confident in saying that every major question posed by serious Fake Moon Landing Theorists has been exhaustively explored and answered.

We absolutely went to the Moon. I suspect that there are only two ways a person wouldn't know this.

1. If they are new to the subject and got stuck in the initial flim flam of the conspiracy circus (like every curious person who has explored the question) but has not yet looked far enough into the actual knowledge available to see that the debate has been thoroughly resolved to any rational person's satisfaction.

2. If the person is either unable or unwilling to be rational.

I recommend to those who have questions about the Moon Landing to not just revel in the questions and feel your work is done, but to instead perform an earnest search for reasonable answers. Use search terms like, "Debunked" and "Explained" and read those pages as attentively as you would a sensationalist site. If your logic muscles are working, then it becomes a simple matter of deduction to establish the truth of these matters. If you are uncertain in any area, then perform your own tests and measurements. We have calculators and remarkable video and photo editing software available to anybody with a computer these days. Put in the time. If there is something fishy, you will confirm it is fishy. If there is nothing fishy, you will confirm that as well.

There are plenty of weird and spooky secrets haunting our world, plenty of deep and dark actual conspiracies, but the Moon Landing is simply not one of them.

Back
Top Bottom