• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Moon

jebediah

The Force is Strong With This One
Someone can remember me what the Cs has said about the Moon? A natural satelite o some different? I don't find this post.

Palinurus

The Living Force
From Session October 22 1994:

Q: (L) When and how did planet earth acquire its moon?

A: Was caused by the regular passage of a large comet cluster which caused a gravitational disruption allowing a large chunk of the original earth's surface, which was somewhat less solid at that point in space/time, to break away from the main body and assume a locked in orbit around the main body.

Q: (L) When did this happen?

A: This occurred approximately 3 billion years ago.
Also mentioned here: Another hit for the C's? Moon formation.

EDIT: corrected typo of session date

Chu

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
jebediah said:
Thank you. I was searching or that post before.
Go to this board: https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/board,51.0.html

On the top right corner, type "moon" on the search function (choosing the "on this board" option in the scroll-down menu), and you will see all the times when the word "moon" appears in a session. Of course, many of them may not be relevant to your search, but you can see from there which ones interest you.

c.a.

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Tour of the Moon in 4K
Published on Apr 9, 2018
Take a virtual tour of the Moon in all-new 4K resolution, thanks to data provided by NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter spacecraft. As the visualization moves around the near side, far side :shock: north and south poles, we highlight interesting features, sites, and information gathered on the lunar terrain.