mulled wine or glogg recipes?

Renaissance

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
To get the holidays going with rosie cheeks I wanted to make some glogg (or mulled wine). I found a recipe online that I'm going to give a go:

http://www.manitouheights.com/rms/gloegg.shtml

* 9-12 cardamom seeds
* 1 cup slivered almonds
* 2 cinnamon sticks
* 6-12 whole cloves
* 6 figs
* 1/2 cup crystallized ginger slices, diced
* 1/2 cup candied orange peel, diced
* 2 cups raisins
* 1 bottle (1.5 liter) burgundy wine
* 2 cups orange juice
* 2 cups pineapple juice
* 2 cups brandy
* 1 1/2 bottles (750 ml) port wine
* 2 cups sweet vermouth

Crush cardamom seeds into pot. Combine with almonds, cinnamon, cloves, figs, ginger slices, candied orange peel and raisins. Pour enough burgundy over the fruit mixture to completely cover it by about an inch. Set aside the rest of the burgundy for later. (Well...maybe pour yourself a large glass of the stuff while you're doing the rest of this... :-) Bring mixture to a hardy boil. Cool. Cover. Let it stand, unrefrigerated, for several hours - overnight or more than 24-48 hours is highly recommended.

On the day of your party, combine fruit mixture, fruit juices, brandy, the rest of the burgundy wine, port wine, and sweet vermouth into large pot. Heat through, but do not boil again. I usually put the burner on “2” about 2 hours ahead of the party. It’s nicely warmed up by the time the guests arrive – but not boiling. Serve by pouring gløgg in glasses and add a spoonful of the cooked fruit to each serving.

Anyone have any favorite glogg or mulled wine recipes? I'll let yall know how this one turns out.

Yes, it brings back memories. Good luck with the trial and report back.

The recipe above looks nice, but is quite different from the glögg I know, so here's an other recipe.

Ingredients:
- 2 bottles of red wine
- 1 bottle of port
- 1/4 bottle of liquor (something like dark rum)
- 250 grams of raisins
- 1 vanilla stick
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 handfull of cloves
- The peel of a lemon
- The peel of two oranges
- 150 grams of chopped almonds
- a bit of brown sugar or cane sugar

Put the port, vanilla, cinnamon, cloves, sugar, the lemon and the orange peel into a bowl and leave it for 24 hours.
Put the liquour and raisins into an other bowl and leave this one for 24 hours also.
When the 24 hours have passed, siv the spices and the peels from the port.
Then add the almonds and the wine and the raisin/liquor mixture and warm it slowly and serve it just before it boils.

This recipe is enough to warm up 8-10 people and to put a big smile onto their faces...

I usually use only 5-6 ingredients for making _https://www.classewines.com/ grogg, so I think your recipy will taste very good

Back
Top Bottom