Musings on Psychopath origins

flashgordonv

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I have for the last 20 years on and off kept tanks of African cichlids, an intelliegnt fish species which are attractive both because of their coloration but more specifically because of their behaviours. Quite simply a group in a tank build up a very complex social structure whch it is interesting to observe. ( I must say that since I discovered the website and the discussion of the food chain, I have been having serious thoughts as to whether I will continue to keep fish in the future, as I do see how to the fish I am like a god to them. I feed them, I keep them healthy, I change their water, I maintain their envoironment - without me there they will all die.......)

I have just finished reading Adventures of Cassiopaea and the last few chapters are focused on psychopaths and their characteristics - lack of conscience and dsire for immediate gratification were expressed as two key characteristics. I could not help noticing as I observed my fish tonight that the dominant fish in my cichlid tanks exhibit psychopathic tendancies. The dominant male in the tank rules supreme, he eats the best food, he mates with the available females, as and when he wants. A femal who does not comply is mercilessly abused and were it not for the large number of other fish in the tank, woudl be killed for not complying. If I were to remove the dominant male, he woudl be replaced by the number 2 male in minutes, and the same activity would continue.

So I wonder whether the increase of psychopaths in society today are new 3rd density souls drawn from 2nd density souls from this sort of animal environment. HThs may be a trite observation in which case I aoplogise in advance, but wathcing the fish tonight I could not help wondering.......

It's an interesting observation. The thing I would point out is that throughout the animal kingdom you will find many examples of behaviour which we might perceive as 'psychopathic' in that it is ruthlessly based on individual survival. But survival is the name of the game in 2nd density, survival is difficult and where selection pressures lead to reciprocal social behaviour it is because it benefits individuals. Where true altruism exists it is explained in terms of 'inclusive fitness', whereby parental or familial care is adaptive because of the sharing of genes between performer and recipient.

That's the materialist view, from which my background of understanding in this area is derived (I am a zoology student). My point is that there are a vast multitude of examples which you could speak of it terms of 2nd density origins of psychopathic behaviour. In fact, Cichlids may be a poor example because of their low intelligence and virtually nonexistent capacity for emotions. An aquarium is also a highly articificial situation, I'm sure you're aware that in the wild they aggressively defend seperate territories (depends on the species).

The C's have said that a psychopath, or at least a certain kind of psychopath, is essentially a failed organic portal and thus I think it represents a much more complex phenomenon than the 2nd density soul pool from which it is derived. I think the progression of second density organisms represents an increase in consciousness and, linked to that, the ability to have true conscience. The leap in consciousness from 2nd to 3rd density is huge, especially considering souled individuals and the development of STO/connection to higher centres.

Ben said:
In fact, Cichlids may be a poor example because of their low intelligence and virtually nonexistent capacity for emotions. An aquarium is also a highly articificial situation, I'm sure you're aware that in the wild they aggressively defend seperate territories (depends on the species).

The C's have said that a psychopath, or at least a certain kind of psychopath, is essentially a failed organic portal and thus I think it represents a much more complex phenomenon than the 2nd density soul pool from which it is derived. I think the progression of second density organisms represents an increase in consciousness and, linked to that, the ability to have true conscience. The leap in consciousness from 2nd to 3rd density is huge, especially considering souled individuals and the development of STO/connection to higher centres.
Hi Ben
apologies for the delay in responding but I have been travelling. Cichlids in my experience are not of "low intelligence" in fact are probably one of the most intelligent of fish species - one of the the main reasons they are so popular among hobbyists. As far as defending territories, they do that in the tank as well, it is just that one fish dominates the entire tank and demands that all others do him deference. Nad pity help the female who rebuffs his advances - he will likely kill her unless there are sufficient fish in the tank to distract him. I've seen individual species of Oscar (a South American cichlid) which play ball (ping pong) with their owner and demonstrate quite advanced signs of intelligence in their interactions with the world outside their acquarium.

I also reread some of the Cs transcriptions about OPs and the noted that OPs are/were a gateway between 2nd and 3rd density and hence share in a soul pool rather than an indivudual soul. That being the case I do not see that animal intelligences progressing from 2nd density could not fit the OP mould. It could certainly explain why they have no understanding of emotions and don't seem capable of experiencing empathy. Ultimately I guess it comes down to opinion though :-)

I meant intelligence relative to other animals, rather than other fishes. Intelligence is a very tricky subject, but no fish shows signs of advanced intelligence - they are primitive vertebrates. Playing ping pong does not fit my definition of advanced intelligence, which is an advanced ability to adapt behaviour according to circumstances, including the use of memory and foresight to do so. As for the male killing the female which does not mate with him, this is almost certainly an artificial result of the captive environment because there is no conceivable adaptive function for this. Put simply, fish simply don't have the 'equipment' neccessary to feel emotions as far as we can tell.

Yes, 2nd density soul pool consciousness may be the origin of 3rd density consciousness (with the organic portal, and therefore most psychopaths, as a bridge). My point was that almost all 2nd density consciousness shows a focus on individual or family survival and I wouldn't describe it as 'psychopathic' because it shows little variation (in other words, most almost all animals show no ability to empathise).

Back
Top Bottom