The "Mandela Effect"- Has my Bible changed? Or do I just have a bad memory like most people?

Tarri

Jedi Master
I stopped talking about this pretty quick when I noticed I was irritating those around me.
I have lived in Nipomo for one and a half years. In that time period the Social Service's office has been in the front right corner office space of a open facing U shaped complex. I have been there at least six times. Several weeks ago I was directing my staff who was driving me to the office to this office space. On the sign above the door she said it was State Farm Insurance. I was completely taken back. I may be legally blind but I can recognize shapes of buildings and where they are set from the road.
My worker drove clear around to the back of the building. In the very back separate from the horse shoe shaped complex was Social Services. When I went inside they said they had been in the front at one time but had been were they are now for the last six years. I wanted badly to talk to someone about this, but the few people that were around me ( I have no close friend here) either became irritated or accused me of just forgetting where it was.
I understand their reactions. They are uncomfortable when their pretend world wobbles in any way.
This is the second time something like this has happened to me. The first time was the change in the Mt, Saint Helens Volcanic explosion timeline. (In the state of Washington USA) With that one things became so messed up their were different articles about the 'major' explosion each with completely different years. The reason I KNOW the dates are wrong is because I was a child then and had spent the year of the explosion out of state. I had missed the whole thing. But then suddenly all the dates where when I was home.
So my question is two fold. Can I really base when I KNOW the volcano exploded on what 'I' remember or is there a chance my memories are screwed up too.
My second question is, like with the Social Services office, who else has experienced this and in what way. Its not really important but I am really curious and am wondering if it is gaining in frequency.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Something REALYY strange

I think this is a very good question to pose. I also think a big part of the answer can be found in the wave if i remember correctly but it is still mostly subjective interpretation. Perhaps this is more of a concrete type of dejavu experience. I think a lot of us have had a similar experience. What has me worried these days is that it has been a very long time since i have had any type of deja vu experience. Does this mean that i am taken care of so to speak so there is no reason to change things in my timeline?

Tarri said:
So my question is two fold. Can I really base when I KNOW the volcano exploded on what 'I' remember or is there a chance my memories are screwed up too.
My second question is, like with the Social Services office, who else has experienced this and in what way. Its not really important but I am really curious and am wondering if it is gaining in frequency.
Hello Tarri,
Memory can be very tricky and we cannot rely on it entirely. It doesn't exclude that sometimes, strange things happen. However, memory trickery is far more probable.
For example, what happened with the Social Service offices can be a conflict between the actual experience and the way your memory reconstructed your perception of the place. It often happens with childhood memories, where you visit a place, and it's very different from what you remember of it, not because it has changed, but because with time, your memory has added or subtracted things according to the perceived relevance of these elements.
On the other hand, there is a "paranormal" phenomenon where you visit a place, all looks normal, until you return on another day to that place to find out that the place had never existed, or at least, not in our shared universe. However, when it happens, it usually doesn't last for a long time. It is possible that some people who disappear do not come back from such places because the "portal" closes before they have time to get out. Just a few random thoughts :)

Tarri said:
My worker drove clear around to the back of the building. In the very back separate from the horse shoe shaped complex was Social Services. When I went inside they said they had been in the front at one time but had been were they are now for the last six years.

Hi Tarri, glitches in our memory/brain happen and I think it's pretty save to assume they happen to everyone on the planet. So I wouldn't worry too much if that happens occasionally. It is shocking when you discover it for the first time because we tend to trust our minds unquestionably (until we know better) and think in b&w: "if I cant trust my mind that means I'm insane" (see: Splitting). No, it means I am human. Once in a while I say: "I'd swear that..." For me, that's just a signal/reminder to pay closer attention to my environment and be more aware in general. But isn't it the core part of the Work?

By the way, Google map seems to confirm the location in the back yard although there is no date stamp that I could find there.

mkrnhr said:
On the other hand, there is a "paranormal" phenomenon where you visit a place, all looks normal, until you return on another day to that place to find out that the place had never existed, or at least, not in our shared universe. However, when it happens, it usually doesn't last for a long time.

I have had that happen and it indeed only lasted a couple of seconds (even less). Your experience is quite material and I assume that indeed some glitch happened in your memory - though we never know!
Did you approach the building from the same angle every time - or did your staff enter the mall from different streets?

The Mt Helena explosion is 35 years ago. Could it be that you were indeed out of state, but maybe on a vacation?

I do not want to degrade your experience, far from it, just looking for 3D explanations first.

M.T.

Actually my first thought was wow, something must be wrong with me. Then I felt foolish for giving the wrong directions.
Thanks for all the input guys.
Well, I an basing my memory of when the volcano went off on the fact that I was not at home when it happened. I missed the whole event. The only time I was not home was from June of 1978, I was in Kansas with my Grandmother, through the school year with my father September 1978-July 1979. I returned home August 1979. When I returned home my brothers were showing me all the mason jars they had filled with the volcanic ash and my Mom had a pair of ear rings with stones made out of the glass produced from the ash.

Hi Possibility of Being, I had a little trouble relating the splitting with my above experience. I hope you would give me some insight because I have obviously missed reading up on this. Thanks. :)

Tarri said:

Well, I an basing my memory of when the volcano went off on the fact that I was not at home when it happened. I missed the whole event. The only time I was not home was from June of 1978, I was in Kansas with my Grandmother, through the school year with my father September 1978-July 1979. I returned home August 1979. When I returned home my brothers were showing me all the mason jars they had filled with the volcanic ash and my Mom had a pair of ear rings with stones made out of the glass produced from the ash.

I was actually living in Woodland, WA when Mount St. Helens blew, it was May, 1980. :) So, maybe, you remember the years you were gone wrong? I'm not saying that this is the case, but I do know that St. Helens blew in 1980.

I have had times where I could totally believe that I was in a different "reality" while thinking that something that I just found out couldn't be true.

One, of several, such instances is that I "knew" that I had heard in the news, back in the '70s or '80s, that Jane Goodall had died being shot by a poacher. Then, a decade later, there she is alive and well (and still is, btw). So, either I heard/remembered it wrong, or I had jumped to another "reality" where she is still alive. It's most likely I heard/remembered it wrong, but sometimes you just can't help but wonder if maybe something else has happened.

Anyway, just a fwiw.

davey72 said:
I think this is a very good question to pose. I also think a big part of the answer can be found in the wave if i remember correctly but it is still mostly subjective interpretation. Perhaps this is more of a concrete type of dejavu experience. I think a lot of us have had a similar experience. What has me worried these days is that it has been a very long time since i have had any type of deja vu experience. Does this mean that i am taken care of so to speak so there is no reason to change things in my timeline?

I have thought that déjà vu hasn't happened at all, for me, in years, maybe 3-4 yrs. Before that it had periods of frequency. It is something my daughter and I would take notice of and talk about with each other since they were often experienced at similar times but in separate events of our lives. We weren't living together. But often it was not coincidental. Anyway, I do know about the reason being that time has been 'reinserted' improperly after some sort of timeline change. I can't say I would attribute not having the experience because I am taken care of in some way. Care to explain what this might mean for you? Has the current timeline been sufficiently 'fudged' for the 'time' being?

Nienna said:
Tarri said:

I was actually living in Woodland, WA when Mount St. Helens blew, it was May, 1980. :) So, maybe, you remember the years you were gone wrong? I'm not saying that this is the case, but I do know that St. Helens blew in 1980.

I have had times where I could totally believe that I was in a different "reality" while thinking that something that I just found out couldn't be true.

One, of several, such instances is that I "knew" that I had heard in the news, back in the '70s or '80s, that Jane Goodall had died being shot by a poacher. Then, a decade later, there she is alive and well (and still is, btw). So, either I heard/remembered it wrong, or I had jumped to another "reality" where she is still alive. It's most likely I heard/remembered it wrong, but sometimes you just can't help but wonder if maybe something else has happened.

Anyway, just a fwiw.
Well there's a good 3D explanation for you , Nienna. It was another woman studying apes who was shot by a poacher, Dian Fossey.

Charade said:
davey72 said:

I have thought that déjà vu hasn't happened at all, for me, in years, maybe 3-4 yrs. Before that it had periods of frequency. It is something my daughter and I would take notice of and talk about with each other since they were often experienced at similar times but in separate events of our lives. We weren't living together. But often it was not coincidental. Anyway, I do know about the reason being that time has been 'reinserted' improperly after some sort of timeline change. I can't say I would attribute not having the experience because I am taken care of in some way. Care to explain what this might mean for you? Has the current timeline been sufficiently 'fudged' for the 'time' being?

About 17 years ago I used to have frequent dejavu. I would click into a mode and know what was going to happen next for up to a minute. Hadn't happened since.. Interesting that it is happening not at all for others as well.

Well, I am certainly feeling better about my experience.it may very well have been my memory not completely coming back correctly. At this point I now feel comfortable letting it go. It all seemed to have snagged itself into my 'NEED' to figure it out. Perhaps the minds way of tricking you to focus on things that really don't matter.
Again thank you for discussing this with me. You were all a great help. Good night. :)

I was just thinking about Dejavu the other day. 8-10 years ago I would have it all the time. It hasn't happened in years...interesting

Angela said:
I was just thinking about Dejavu the other day. 8-10 years ago I would have it all the time. It hasn't happened in years...interesting
I had recently stated this in another thread as well. I wonder if there is any signifigance to not having had deja vu for a number of years?
I also wonder how many others may have experienced a wane in deja vu?

Back
Top Bottom