The "Mandela Effect"- Has my Bible changed? Or do I just have a bad memory like most people?

There's so much in this guy's story that he is not and yet should be questioning that it's really not even worth talking about.

I was hoping that at least a few people would consider his story and the topic worth talking about. Maybe if I expand on the concept it might generate some more interest.

When people 'remember' the information is not resident in their brain. The brain works more like a radio receiver and the information is contained in the metaphysical 'field'. The information of remembering is not resident in the 3D physical reality.

This is logical as when a unit of consciousness moves on to 5D and does a life assessment they have access to their memories. If the memories died with their 3D bodies, there could be no assessment.

Since the information relevant to remembering is not a part of 3D reality, then whether the person 'dies' or there is a change in 3D reality that is inconsistent with the information - the information still exists in the field.

It appears that there may be people that can still remember experiences (by accessing the field) of a 3D reality that no longer exists. If that is so, then why is the 3D reality being changed? Is it a 'multiple time-line' existence? Is it the system giving clues about the illusion of this holographic virtual reality? Is it other 4D forces that are modifying the 'group consciousness/consensus reality'?

I don't know the answers, but in this time of shifting consciousness it seems like a good topic to discuss.

Are there any other people on the forum that have had similar experiences of a shifting reality?

I was actually living in Woodland, WA when Mount St. Helens blew, it was May, 1980. :) So, maybe, you remember the years you were gone wrong? I'm not saying that this is the case, but I do know that St. Helens blew in 1980.

I have had times where I could totally believe that I was in a different "reality" while thinking that something that I just found out couldn't be true.

One, of several, such instances is that I "knew" that I had heard in the news, back in the '70s or '80s, that Jane Goodall had died being shot by a poacher. Then, a decade later, there she is alive and well (and still is, btw). So, either I heard/remembered it wrong, or I had jumped to another "reality" where she is still alive. It's most likely I heard/remembered it wrong, but sometimes you just can't help but wonder if maybe something else has happened.

Anyway, just a fwiw.

well
My daughter was born in April 1980, and I was with her in Victoria, British Columbia. I do not remember any mention of Mt St Helens.
I was in Alberta when everyone was talking about Mt St Helens and there was dust from it (not much though) blowing the previous year/s? I don't remember the exact year, it could have been 1979 or 1978. Probably `1978 as I was in Edmonton the summer of 1979, and in Lethbridge the summer of 1978 which is where I remember people talking about it and it was in the news. I could be mistaken I suppose. Could there have been two explosions? one in 1978 and one in 1980?

I distinctly remember all the stuff about Mt St Helens because it was a big topic of conversation at my place of work. It was definitely only in 1980. 1978 was an interesting year too, but for a different reason: it snowed in Florida at the end of the year and early 1979, thereabouts. But there was no issue about Mt St Helen's that year that I recall; and since I've always been interested in such things, I think I would remember if there had been.

I also remember Jane Goodall being killed by a poacher, as I recall she was with some great apes at the time. So she's still alive, hmm.

The 'tank man' from Tiananaman (sp?) square was not crushed either. He moved out in front of the tank, the tank shift off to the right and he moved back in front of it. The tank came to a halt and the driver popped up and started yelling at him. Then a few people (probably guards) came out and dragged him away. - I was surprised that people remember him being crushed by the tank.

well
My daughter was born in April 1980, and I was with her in Victoria, British Columbia. I do not remember any mention of Mt St Helens.
I was in Alberta when everyone was talking about Mt St Helens and there was dust from it (not much though) blowing the previous year/s? I don't remember the exact year, it could have been 1979 or 1978. Probably `1978 as I was in Edmonton the summer of 1979, and in Lethbridge the summer of 1978 which is where I remember people talking about it and it was in the news. I could be mistaken I suppose. Could there have been two explosions? one in 1978 and one in 1980?

No, there were no explosions that I remember previous to the 1980 explosion.

I was hoping that at least a few people would consider his story and the topic worth talking about. Maybe if I expand on the concept it might generate some more interest.

Two quotes come to my mind when I hear stories similar to the Mandela Effect

"I'm not going to tell the story the way it happened. I'm going to tell it the way I remember it". From the 1998 Great Expectations movie.

And: "The faintest ink is better than the best memory." A Chinese proverb

I guess the reason why this topic hasn't generated as much interest as you hoped may be due to the fact that a large chunk of the recommended reading list on the forum deals with the inefficiency of our machines. Memory is one of those inefficient areas.

I think most people who've had a chance to read Strangers to Ourselves (among many other books dealing with subjectivity and unreliability of our perception) will take their own memories, and stories told by others, with a huge pinch of salt. Given how memories are formed, how selective our brain is when deciding what we see and hear, I'm not really buying into the Mandela effect much.

I've recently re-read the Wave and (surprise - surprise) I was amazed how new large chunks of the material seemed to me after a couple of years. This one seems fitting:

The Wave Chapter 69: The Whirlpool of Charybdis, the Sirens and the Navigator
The research suggests that the nervous system scans the outer world for material that it is prepared to find by virtue of its already laid circuits, its internal patterns of past experience including early imprinting in infancy. The superior colliculus in the midbrain, another nodal point, controls the muscles that direct the eyeball, and controls which images are permitted to fall on the retina. This means that an emotional center of the brain literally controls what we see.

I guess the good old saying that we should believe half of what we see and none of what we hear wasn't a bad piece of advice after all. ;-)

"I'm not going to tell the story the way it happened. I'm going to tell it the way I remember it". From the 1998 Great Expectations movie.

I don't know why that quote is relevant, that is a person that is intentionally fabricating a story, in other words lying. There is no suggestion that these people (or myself) are lying.

And: "The faintest ink is better than the best memory." A Chinese proverb

Just because something is written it doesn't automatically have more credibility. I have no idea how many '9/11 Commission Report' books were printed, but I'd be more likely to trust the memories of NY Firefighters who were there on the scene.

As I mentioned earlier, I am a retired Barrister, I've cross-examined perhaps thousands of people in Court. Their recollections can be all over the place. Take an auto accident at an intersection where the offending vehicle speeds off. The police take statements from 6 different people that viewed the pedestrian hit and run and there are 6 different stories based upon their various physical perspectives. One married couple that is next to the cross-walk where it happened give their statements that illustrate the various personal biases. The man (a car buff) gives evidence about the make, model, year, colour scheme, trim and the accessory chrome wheels from a certain manufacturer. The woman (a costume designer) can't remember anything about the car, but she gives a full description of the clothes and jewelry that the woman driving the car was wearing. - So yes, memories and recollections need to be carefully scrutinized.

"The research suggests that the nervous system scans the outer world for material that it is prepared to find by virtue of its already laid circuits, its internal patterns of past experience including early imprinting in infancy. The superior colliculus in the midbrain, another nodal point, controls the muscles that direct the eyeball, and controls which images are permitted to fall on the retina. This means that an emotional center of the brain literally controls what we see."

This is a good quote that illustrates the use of 'experience'. The more experience one has the more they are able to 'see'. A dull person of limited experience will not 'see' many of the things that are going around them. Perhaps a good example of the use of experience to 'see' is a 'tracker' following game. Those people have the ability to notice fine pieces of evidence that others just can't 'see' - yet it is right in front of them.

Does anyone else remember 'White Out' as 'White Out' and not 'Wite Out'.

I don't know why that quote is relevant, that is a person that is intentionally fabricating a story, in other words lying. There is no suggestion that these people (or myself) are lying.

Just because something is written it doesn't automatically have more credibility. I have no idea how many '9/11 Commission Report' books were printed, but I'd be more likely to trust the memories of NY Firefighters who were there on the scene.

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough Spur. I was trying to convey that someone's memory isn't necessarily the most credible source of information. I agree that the choice of quotes might have not been the most effective.

No offense taken Ant22, I'm just trying to get a handle on what this phenomena is all about. It appears that many people have never had the 'Mandela Effect experience', and as such it just sounds down right crazy. However, when someone has had the experience, it is jaw-dropping (like the bloke in the video about the Rock of Gibraltar), "Whoa! We're not in Kansas anymore!"

Looking at the various forums and videos on this phenomena leads me to believe that something is or has happened. Just what it is I don't know, let alone the significance of it. There are theories related to CERN in Switzerland and also the D-Wave quantum computer accessing different time-lines. Then there are theories related to metaphysical concepts. Perhaps it is related to astronomical concepts of moving into a different realm in the cosmos?

The variations in the old memories hasn't (at least for me) given me any pattern or a way to connect-the-dots. Perhaps if the 'consensus reality' is really fracturing there will be even stranger events in the future. If so, I remain cautiously amused at this point to see what the universe is going to throw at us.

If we think that people are going mad now, just wait!

No, there were no explosions that I remember previous to the 1980 explosion.

OK, just being curious about it I called up my daughters mother, and asked her. She said right off it was in 1980. So I asked her why I was in Lethbridge when it happened and not in Victoria with her and our child. She said that all three of us had gone back to Lethbridge to see if we could live there and raise our daughter. Which opened up a memory hole for me, as I remembered being in Lethbridge, but not why I was in Lethbridge. For some reason I had blocked out that memory, perhaps because it didn't work out? A month later we were all back in Victoria. So you're correct Nienna, and my particular puzzle is solved, sort of. I'll try and feel for and meditate on that time period and see what comes up.

In following this thread I was thinking that it is more difficult to ascertain the truth of words, especially spoken words because they can sound so alike i.e. Sex IN the city, and Sex AND the city, as pointed out by Joe. Then there is a subconscious aspect, that for example Sex in the city 'feels right' to some, as Sex and the city 'feels right' to others. Disassociation might play a part in this, and given that possibility, for those who heard Sex and the city it's possible that you're paying attention, or it did not trigger any subconscious identifications. For those who heard Sex in the city, maybe that is a clue to your subconscious, and I don't know if it is worth thinking about, but maybe it's worth feeling about. This exploration may yield fruit especially if I go through all the incongruities of my memories (like the example of Sex in/and the city) and perhaps I'll get a sense of my blind spots.
But something else came to me as well, my memory told me Laura wrote about this in the Secret History.
And finally, what we perceive from studying myths, legends, sagas, and epics is the evident fact that they are not “creative inventions” of whole cloth. There is a model. There is a reduction of events to categories and individuals to archetypes, and this model is in conformity with archaic ontology! It could even be said that mythicization of historical persons lays bare for us the meaning of the person and event – meaning that can only be seen by withdrawing from the immediate historical event. This leads us to ask the question: “Does this tendency of the consciousness of man to retain archetypes and assimilate historical events and people to those exemplars reveal something to us about the true nature of the Exemplar itself?”
“What is the true nature of the Exemplar?” This is going to be a very important question to remember as we go along. It will assist not only in understanding how stories from various sources can be both true and not true at the same time. It is also going to be a major clue in our investigation of certain very important matters that will come into play as being pivotal in the Grail Quest. Is there a level of reality at which the Exemplar exists and which impresses itself upon humanity in broad psychological terms? In other words, does the mythical archetype refer to a Theological Reality, a hyperdimensional realm, from which our own is “projected” like a movie, and in which we live and move and have our being like game pieces on a board?

Knight-Jadczyk, Laura. The Secret History of the World and How to Get Out Alive (Kindle Locations 1213-1218). Red Pill Press. Kindle Edition.

After considering our little story about the mythicization of history and the historicization of myth, we have some idea that both of these approaches could be true.

Knight-Jadczyk, Laura. The Secret History of the World and How to Get Out Alive (Kindle Locations 1229-1230). Red Pill Press. Kindle Edition.

There are those who will say that now this is all past; mankind has entered a new phase; and science and technology have brought us to the brink of ending all this suffering. Many people believe in the myth of Science, which postulates that man is evolving, society is evolving, and that we now have control over the arbitrary evil of our environment. That which does not support this idea is reinterpreted or ignored.

Knight-Jadczyk, Laura. The Secret History of the World and How to Get Out Alive (Kindle Locations 3357-3360). Red Pill Press. Kindle Edition.

This exploration was started by a story I seem to remember, which I believe was related by Laura, although I can not at the moment find it. The gist of the story is that there was a legend of two tragic lovers and what befell them. It turned out that someone investigating this legend was told that the woman was still alive and lived down the way. What I am pointing out is not that we are creating myths (although who knows what the 'Story of 9/11' will sound like in a hundred years?) but that we are subject to archetypes whether cultural or spiritual, which can mold our understandings/memories so that they feel right, they fit, they make sense. That's what we have to guard against, or be aware of, I think, for it's not what fits our archetypes that's important, but the reality behind them.
My thoughts on the Mandela effect, and if anyone can find that story, that'd be great. Right now I'm wondering if I invented it! :huh:

Edit: I used 'insert quote' in the menu bar to mark the passages from a Secret History, but only the first one came up correctly?

Well there's a good 3D explanation for you , Nienna. It was another woman studying apes who was shot by a poacher, Dian Fossey.

Yes, it was Dian Fossey. Maybe at the news they talked also about another woman that was studying in the same field,and in your memory you just remembered the name of Mrs. Goodall, that is more well known then Dian Fossey. Or maybe the man or woman that gave the news made a mistake of names, ignorant as many reporters are.

Although I remember that Jane Goodall was killed, it was not something that I personally witnessed or had some sort of first hand knowledge about (being there, a personal friend, etc.), so a mistake in the news makes sense. Heck, I know they will intentionally lie, so making a mistake is small potatoes.

However, many of the other 'memories' are direct impressions of things I have been involved with. It is those things that stump me for an explanation. "Mirror, mirror" - yep, I've known that one ever since I saw the movie as a kid.

Here is a video that at this point in 'time' gives what I feel is the most plausible answer to the 'Mandela Effect'. -

He mentions the human anatomy and the heart formerly being more on the left side of the body. Yep, that is where I remember it also. The left lung was slightly smaller to accommodate that position of the heart. I also remember people placing their hands 'over their heart' by placing their hand on the left breast. Firing squads also had the target of the heart marked by attaching a marker over the heart. I just checked the final shoot-out of Clint Eastwood's 'Fist Full of Dollars' and at least that hasn't been changed - "shoot for the heart".

He mentions the human anatomy and the heart formerly being more on the left side of the body. Yep, that is where I remember it also. The left lung was slightly smaller to accommodate that position of the heart. I also remember people placing their hands 'over their heart' by placing their hand on the left breast. Firing squads also had the target of the heart marked by attaching a marker over the heart. I just checked the final shoot-out of Clint Eastwood's 'Fist Full of Dollars' and at least that hasn't been changed - "shoot for the heart".

Watched a small portion, but I'm not sure I understand. The heart still is slightly on the left side. Does the video say that people used to put their left hand on their right chest? No one is doing that. I've always remember putting you're right hand on your left chest, and that is what is practiced today. I don't see anyone saying to place your left hand on your right breast. :huh:

For more on CERN see this thread.

Back
Top Bottom